Author Topic: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars: In Limbo/Unfulfillment  (Read 413248 times)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:43:52 »
I totally missed the hmm cmyk mods gb earlier this year. Meh.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky but it was CMYW.
WHITE not KEY.
CMYW is running on massdrop right now if you want it
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-modifier-keys

CMYK hasnt been run since ivan did it two years ago.

I'm only posting this because EVERYONE is calling them the wrong thing, and we really need to differentiate the two sets.

Oh, I actually mis-remembered, I really thought it was the CMYK that was on (I have already ordered the CMYW off massdrop), thanks for the correction.

Up until recently I used to get them wrong all the ruddy time.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #401 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:45:39 »
@Taylordcraig:you're probably right but I'm still going to make some pics later to show the world. :P
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #402 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 16:20:06 »
I'm actually more excited about mixing this with Hyperfuse. You could mix to make the combo either more cyan/gray/black or pink/purple.

And maybe the electric blue could work in there as well.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #403 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 16:25:36 »
I'm actually more excited about mixing this with Hyperfuse. You could mix to make the combo either more cyan/gray/black or pink/purple.

hmm hmm hmm

let me start looking for hyperfuse sellers fast
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #404 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 18:36:58 »

OMGOD! The proverbial penny has just dropped! The cyan on the Miami Nights alphas (UN6037) is the same as the cyan used on Hyperfuse?!?!?!?! I really hope this GB takes off...

COME ON PEOPLE, LET"S GET THOSE ORDERS IN

sorry, went a little reaction gif crazy... I have now been sedated.

Offline stillgray

• Twitter @stillgray
« Reply #405 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 21:38:45 »
Are we there yet?
Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown | Leopold FC750R Cherry MX Red | SteelSeries Apex M800

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #406 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 21:41:46 »
The reddit boost post was pretty good, upvoted :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #407 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:00:11 »
So if I want to add to my order, I am assuming I just order through the normal mechanism and my PayPal id will be used to group all my orders?

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:12:02 »
So if I want to add to my order, I am assuming I just order through the normal mechanism and my PayPal id will be used to group all my orders?

You would create a new order with the total items you want. So if you had 1 Full set but wanted to get 2 Full sets, you would fill out an order for 2 full sets and your old order gets deleted.

FAQ:

Q: How much is shipping?
A: Shipping cost varies. I may suggest you can go to USPS.com and choose calculate a price to get an estimate. Each full set will be around 7oz, CMYKv2 about 3oz, each pair of spacebars around 1oz. It will show you the prices for each options of first class and priority (express).

Q: Can I change my order? How do I change my order?
A: Please resubmit the form, the older order will be deleted.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:13:45 by FranksNewLiver »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #409 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:15:15 »

You would create a new order with the total items you want. So if you had 1 Full set but wanted to get 2 Full sets, you would fill out an order for 2 full sets and your old order gets deleted.

FAQ:

A: Shipping cost varies. I may suggest you can go to USPS.com and choose calculate a price to get an estimate. Each full set will be around 7oz, CMYKv2 about 3oz, each pair of spacebars around 1oz. It will show you the prices for each options of first class and priority (express).

And this is standard practice, only the latest order is acknowledged? Ok... I wanted to add the mods and some spacebars, will just reorder.

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #410 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:24:00 »

FAQ:

And this is standard practice, only the latest order is acknowledged? Ok... I wanted to add the mods and some spacebars, will just reorder.

It's easier and more accurate to track what someone actually wants then by piecing together multiple order forms. This way it is 1 order form, 1 invoice.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:26:38 »
Order updated, THANKS!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:53:52 »
C'mon people order MOAR sets. We all know you'll be able to flip this crack to all the reddit kiddies once pics of the sets start surfacing.

MOAR SETS NOW
I'm back.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 00:24:02 »
I think we have to step up our mockup game here. The GMK render looks really lame, especially the cyan.

Everyone with decent Photoshop-skills, please help me out!

Screw the GMK render, here's a better version:
Show Image

Reallife examples taken from: https://i.imgur.com/94CxFfr.jpg

More examples: (original pictures stolen from around the forum)
Show Image

(Original by Photoelectric, Source)

Show Image

(Original by IvanIvanovich, Source)

Show Image

(Original by MMB, Source)

What do you think about the mockups? Maybe we can add them to the OP.

Damn that makes it look so much better than original mock-up, so sexy! Dat_cyan  :-*

Still a few too many style choices I disagree with to jump in on the main set (+ can't afford at the moment) but definitely in for CYMK v2 and a bunch of spacebars.  :thumb:

Offline Bravo~

« Reply #414 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 08:39:09 »
Nice,Just ordered my set.In for two of everything!
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2015, 08:53:43 by Bravo~ »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #415 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 10:18:55 »

Bravo, Bravo!
I'm back.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #416 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 10:44:29 »

Bravo, Bravo!

Excellent.... 48 and counting.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #417 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 10:53:29 »
I wonder if they've already submitted their order: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-7236427964.7.sVeHRr&id=45097515091 :rolleyes:

I'll go out on a limb and guess not... I have no large orders. A big group order could easily tip us, so it would be nice to know about such things.
I quickly ran through the transactions, and they have 19xMiami Nights, 24xCMYK and 84xspacebars.
Updated numbers: 23xMiami Nights, 28xCMYK, 100xspacebars

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #418 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 13:26:39 »
We ought to post a link in the Hyperfuse GMK thread about how nice this would go with it.
I'm back.

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #419 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 14:05:07 »
In for 1 Miami Nights and CMYKv2.  A couple of space bars for good measure too.  ;D

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #420 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 18:19:36 »
I wonder if they've already submitted their order: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-7236427964.7.sVeHRr&id=45097515091 :rolleyes:

I'll go out on a limb and guess not... I have no large orders. A big group order could easily tip us, so it would be nice to know about such things.
I quickly ran through the transactions, and they have 19xMiami Nights, 24xCMYK and 84xspacebars.

Any idea how the orders from there are being placed? Are they submitting individual ordered or waiting to the lady day to submit a bulk order.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #421 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 18:26:53 »

Any idea how the orders from there are being placed? Are they submitting individual ordered or waiting to the lady day to submit a bulk order.

This is for participants on EC, around 20 basic sets. We have paid for them .if the GB couldn't succeed, we will get our money returned as the way we pay. Due to the extending deadline ,the proxy may pay this to IVAN later depending on whether this succeed or not.
Adding these 20+ orders ,we need more 30 to hit MOQ. Not mention extend one month, the one like this would buy and double or triple their orders to help this happen while the one don't like this would not join in this  even extend all through the year. The efficient way may contact some vendors to help hit MOQ, such as FENG, bunny's ctrlalt, techkeys  to join in and for selling in their stores later. Then more and more fence sitters will join in.

I've also asked shower_king to post the mockups over at Enjoyclick. Maybe it helps...

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #422 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 20:19:20 »

This is for participants on EC, around 20 basic sets. We have paid for them .if the GB couldn't succeed, we will get our money returned as the way we pay. Due to the extending deadline ,the proxy may pay this to IVAN later depending on whether this succeed or not.
Adding these 20+ orders ,we need more 30 to hit MOQ. Not mention extend one month, the one like this would buy and double or triple their orders to help this happen while the one don't like this would not join in this  even extend all through the year. The efficient way may contact some vendors to help hit MOQ, such as FENG, bunny's ctrlalt, techkeys  to join in and for selling in their stores later. Then more and more fence sitters will join in.

I've also asked shower_king to post the mockups over at Enjoyclick. Maybe it helps...

hi, bro, i have received your PM.
On this Miami Night Set, i am just a participant and keen on this set and like this very  much. On EC, a chinese keyborad enthusiast forum, a reliable proxy is in charge of this GB. He has collected all the orders on miami night set and i think he has PM IVAN. This GB extend to July, 12 on EC. So ,there won't any orders from China excluding someone submit their orders seperately on GH.
As I have said before, those who like this would buy this as soon as possible , those who could afford would double and triple this as soon as possiple and more than two months have left enough time for their wallet to recover. However, for those who don't like this , even posting the most beautiful real and charming and attractive keycaps' picture,  even extending all through the year, they won't join in this GB.
No matter this GB succeed or not ,thank you very much and your great work will be appeciated by me. because i like this GB so much.
I almost wanna to buy 30 set of  basic set and mod set to help this GB hit MOQ. However, 30 set is my limit , adding this , there are only 230. what a shame we could not make this happen ,make our dreams come true.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2015, 20:37:18 by shower_king »

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #423 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 20:55:15 »

This GB on EC is over.Even many friends from China could not submit orders through google form, they could see all the pictures you have sent to me .
Accoding to the IVAN said , adding the EC's orders , we reach the 200. I think the effcient way is to contact some vendors such as tenkeys ,ctrlalt and new  KappaKapps to buy the last 50 to help hit MOQ. They could sell this on their website.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2015, 20:57:24 by shower_king »

Offline skuko

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 03:06:42 »
I think we have to step up our mockup game here. The GMK render looks really lame, especially the cyan.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

dammit! that does it! i'm placing my order TODAY!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 03:39:57 »

That's fantastic! Thanks for supporting the effort. You won't regret getting in on the GMK awesomeness. ;D

Offline skuko

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 04:38:46 »

That's fantastic! Thanks for supporting the effort. You won't regret getting in on the GMK awesomeness. ;D

i know i wont, i already have the orange on charcoal set :)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #427 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 05:24:12 »
C'mon, join today and make this keycap happy!

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:27:26 by wlhlm »

Offline geniekid

« Reply #428 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 08:43:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice mockups!  The set looks as good as it does in my head  :))

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #429 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 08:56:43 »
[...]
Nice mockups!  The set looks as good as it does in my head  :))
Thanks! I'm a little embarrassed about the lines were I cut the images apart for the two colors. Guess it gives more of a mockup feeling... :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #430 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:19:55 »
We're getting closer. If people would not resubmit orders to delete full sets and/or cmykv2 we would have probably reached the goal some time ago. Much respect to those that resubmitted to ADD. Let's do everything we can to make this a reality. It will be a real shame to fall on our face and give up so close to the finish line.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:26:44 »
We're getting closer. If people would not resubmit orders to delete full sets and/or cmykv2 we would have probably reached the goal some time ago. Much respect to those that resubmitted to ADD. Let's do everything we can to make this a reality. It will be a real shame to fall on our face and give up so close to the finish line.

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #432 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:35:10 »
Seems like they want to add to their order and don't know their previous order gets replaced completely!

So, if anyone is unsure about their order, just submit a complete order again (and make sure to increase your Miami Nights count by one ;)).
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:37:02 by wlhlm »

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #433 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:54:11 »

Ivan, when would the final day for payment be assuming the buy reaches MOQ? I might be able to eek out another full set.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #434 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:03:29 »
Payments would be due +2 weeks from when they are sent out, which would be after the current order cut off date.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:13:42 »
Payments would be due +2 weeks from when they are sent out, which would be after the current order cut off date.

OK, I'll be able to add a 2nd set then. Really hoping this goes through!

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:30:34 »
Yep, I'm in ! The new mockups make sence! Ordered both base set and CMYW v2

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:32:38 »
Awesome! :thumb:

The train slowly starts rolling again...

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #438 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:51:16 »

Could you update the number?

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 11:19:42 »

Could you update the number?
Those are just from Taobao. Did you go through there? The last transaction is from the 17th.

Offline skuko

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:29:35 »
order placed, cheers ivan

Offline Butter

« Reply #441 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:53:08 »
The new mock up did it for me.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #442 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:01:58 »
:-* Thanks for joining and help making this set a reality!

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:36:55 »

I think it's helped nudge a few people of the fence. Thanks for joining!

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:47:56 »
No, I ordered by myself. Do we meet the MOQ adding orders from taobao?

Offline nintheking

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 22:24:13 »
Alright. I'm in. wooooo :)

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 22:30:29 »
Alright. I'm in. wooooo :)

Woohoo, welcome aboard!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 22:59:56 »
Yay
I'm back.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 08:17:02 »
It's happening. I've secured a special arrangement to get this completed. Invoicing will begin.

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 08:22:05 »
It's happening. I've secured a special arrangement to get this completed. Invoicing will begin.

Bravo!Bravo!