Author Topic: [GB] GMK Nord | GB CLOSED  (Read 300344 times)

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Re: [GB] GMK Nord | GB CLOSED
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 20:03:35 »
Lol

Offline kronograf

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 21:08:20 »
welp, my set arrived. can confirm it’s grey af

298006-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 April 2023, 02:14:21 by kronograf »
jane me | 910 me

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 19:50:51 »
Ran outta color

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 05:12:57 »
Just received mine and alphas are waaaayyy too bright ffs.
Let me guess.. the colormatching was done in a dark room?

Offline Pach

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 23:08:26 »
Oh boy, this is unfortunate

sorry in advance for wall of text, but this may be useful to some people

In my opinion, the renders might be at fault here. I'm not sure if GMK would try to deviate far from the official colors that they are referencing. Many of the cases of "color matching" disasters I've read about involve the designer literally telling GMK to change the original color codes they provided them because they weren't satisfied on how they perceived the individual samples from them (GMK Necro, GMK Bread, GMK Peaches n Cream(?)), but personally I believe that their colors should be accurate even the first time around especially if they are also using color measuring instruments. In this case it doesn't seem like that happened so it might lie in the renders' fault.

I think that in a lot of cases the darker colors when rendered in a virtual environment can cause them to look lighter than they actually look in real life under most lighting conditions. This, combined with the alphas being a tad darker seeming in the renders made the contrast between the alphas and mods in real life quite abrupt. If the designer or renderer realized this, adjustments could have been made to the renders so that they reflect how it is seen more in real life. Of course, its a group buy and people have already paid for the pixels they have looked at, so the "fairest" thing to do at that point was to try to bend the colors of single sample caps closer to the original renders shown.

The post on reddit that gained some traction is pretty unfortunate as it seems very desaturated, probably not how the set actually looks in real life (I hope, and based on other pictures). I'm basing these assumptions off of my own RAL deck that I compared colors with (280 20 10 and 240 60 10) so I'm assuming the final product uses colors very close to what I'm seeing in the deck, which is nowhere close to that level of (un)saturation.

I'm curious to see how the set looks outside in direct sunlight, since that can help brighten the dark modifiers and make the color more identifiable and may bring the contrast between the alphas and mods to a more acceptable level compared to the original renders. But that won't really make the situation much better since nobody is using their keyboard like that

Okay as I'm making this rant thing I literally just stumbled upon some kind of mystery that I need to solve (gmk bread deja vu) and I might have just eaten my own words back at the start

I crossed out everything I was wrong on lol

expand

More
First, let's refer to the colors from the IC:
More

As far as I know, it was never announced which specific colors were in the set. The modifier color would obviously be RAL 280 20 10, but the alphas color is a bit harder to determine. I believed this was a very important piece of information, so I reached out to the person who did the renders, and they told me the alphas in the renders were RAL 270 30 10. So, there's our baseline! Let's see how Gtrx matched these two colors specifically (spoiler: he didn't?)

More

August 25, 2021: Grtx makes his first update post in his discord server with a timestamp and what looks to be two GMK Nord samples from 3/31/2021 (speaking of which, the Date above that reads 14.12.2020... does it really take GMK that long to send samples to the designer or is the 03-31-2021 date something else? idk, haven't gone through their process in a couple years so this is new to me

More

Unfortunately the yellow sample's color code is obscured, but you can clearly see that the gray is RAL 240 60 10. So based on the renders, that should be the color of the alpha legends. This isn't too relevant, but if you've read to the end you would realize that the final alpha color used is closer in lightness to the renders' alpha legends than the renders' alphas lol

More

These are the samples he posted on 10/30/2021 in his discord server, I'm assuming the original batch of samples. Can't say for sure, but the alpha and mod samples here seem like RAL 280 20 10 and RAL 270 30 10 keep reading...

So the relevant timeline goes like this:
11/04/2021: Gtrx receives/evaluates the first samples and approves the yellow, green, and pink. He states that the alphas and modifiers needs to be less saturated. Quote "New colors will be picked today/tomorrow"
03/04/2022: New colors are picked and sent to GMK for another batch of samples. Here's the result.

More

05/28/2022: pictures of the new batch of samples in his discord server. The bottom right two are the ones of concern. Unfortunately it's not taken in the same condition as the first batch of samples, so I guess this photo is just here for reference. I would say that the modifier color looks less saturated in this image though.

More

Now, this is the official render from GMK I got in Gtrx's discord server from their Candykeys rep. I don't know when they originally got this, it was posted 9/20/2022 but this would probably be the final colors before production started. some people are seeing this and bashing GMK for not having eyes and how does this look anything like the set and stuff but I can assure you GMK's renders are probably the last thing you want to base color opinions off of especially for dark colors

now wait

wait a second

look at the colors

alpha keys: RAL 250 50 10

modifier keys: RAL 260 30 05

:-[

Well looks like color codes were changed after all. Maybe this is actually just how it's usually done if you're not satisfied with R1 colors? Makes me think back to the whole thing with Omnitype and their super objective color science lab machines they use, in those cases I don't think they actually changed the color code but for smaller designers who don't have access to color machines they probably need to tell GMK to actually change to a different color code or else they would reject them because they don't have proof that the color isn't accurate.

I had to update this stuff several times... Once I found out what colors were used in the renders, this starts making a bit more sense, and at the same time, a bit less sense. Here's some basic RAL color information. The first number is the hue of the color in multiples of 10 (degrees). The second number is the lightness of the color in multiples of 10. The third number is the chroma of the color (basically saturation) in multiples of 5. So let's do some comparison...

Refreshing our minds: The colors used in the renders, what everyone bought the set for. I'm still not talking about the other colors, since I believe those problems if any pale in comparison to the main issue of alphas and mods here.

Alphas color: RAL 270 30 10       Mod color: RAL 280 20 10

Now, here's the catch. RAL 270 30 10 doesn't exist! Which means that it doesn't appear in the physical RAL color book. For some reason, that and other mysterious missing RAL colors appear in online/virtual (even official) libraries. So what I'm assuming is the colors were submitted to GMK, and GMK followed up with "this color doesn't exist." This is not particularly the fault of the person doing the renders. If a color a designer requests you render with exists in the virtual library you're using to render, wouldn't you also not bat an eye (if you didn't have a physical RAL deck to reference)?

What would be a logical course here? One would assume to pick the closest matching colors in terms of matching hue, lightness, and saturation. And what a perfect way to do so using RAL's intuitive color numbering system! Which is apparently not what Gtrx decided to do - so now using that same system, we can find out how off the final colors he chose actually are.

Final Alphas color: RAL 250 50 10       Final Mod color: RAL 260 30 05

If you understand how different these colors are, you would understand how the set turned out the way it did. So let me try to explain. From my observation, the main complaints are that "the alphas are too light," the set is "too gray," and "the modifiers are too dark." Let's dissect these one by one.

"the alphas are too light,"
Yeah, this one isn't too hard to dissect. Just look at the difference between the advertised render colors and the final alphas color (remember multiples of 10): RAL 270 30 10 vs RAL 250 50 10. That's 2 steps up in lightness, pretty damn big change in lightness to be making. As I said before, RAL 270 30 10 doesn't actually exist, so he would have been forced to pick a new color for the alphas regardless. But why make the new color so light? There's many other options that would have gotten close to RAL 270 30 10. Like maybe RAL 270 30 15. But I'm not going to look into what specific substitute would have been best because that's not my job here.

"too gray"
First off, don't trust pictures online to evaluate colors, especially that one famous one floating on reddit. Anyways, why so gray? Chroma is based on the last value of the RAL color. For the advertised render colors, the value is both 10. For the final colors used, alphas are 10 and mod is 05. Even though 05 is a step down in chroma, that shouldn't explain why the alphas look gray. To be honest, I don't have a good theoretical explanation for this. Remember that the original alpha color was supposed to be 2 steps darker than what actually was decided in the end? I think the sheer lightness difference of the final alphas (and the less saturated mod color doesn't help that case either) contributed to that "light gray alphas to dark gray mods" effect instead of "a not-too-contrasty two tone complement to the mod color," if you are getting my thinking.

"the modifiers are too dark."
I'm gonna pull something I said above down here:
"I think that in a lot of cases the darker colors when rendered in a virtual environment can cause them to look lighter than they actually look in real life under most lighting conditions."

Even though this section is crossed out above, I still think this holds truth. It's good that most renders are done in a perfect condition with perfectly placed lighting to illuminate the colors of the keyset well, which does help with portraying accurate colors. However, if not corrected manually, I believe that pretty dark colors like the one used in this set are often portrayed as lighter than they actually are in most real life lighting conditions. Looking back to the final modifier, let's pay attention to the lightness (middle value): Mod color: RAL 280 20 10, Final Mod color: RAL 260 30 05. You can see that the modifier color used the render is actually a step darker than the final color used. And some people say the final modifier color is still too dark? Well, what I just said plays a factor into this, but also perception. If you compare the original alpha and mod color (remember multiples of 10), the lightness between them is only 1 step apart (30 vs 20). Now comparing the new colors, they're 2 steps apart (50 vs 30). That's pretty much my reasoning here.

I haven't even mentioned the hue changes (first number), my guess is that it contributed a tiny bit to everything, maybe that extra sprinkle of "something doesn't look right" to the final colors.

I've attached some relevant images from my RAL deck. As always, these are pixels on a screen, so grain of salt here.
More

RAL 250 50 10 (final alpha color) vs RAL 270 30 15 (possible close match to advertised render alpha color)

More

RAL 260 30 05 (final mod color) vs RAL 280 20 05 (advertised render mod color)

So what's the conclusion here? Honestly, I don't know why Gtrx decided to go with the colors he did, especially cranking that lightness slider on the alphas up. My personal guess is that after learning that RAL 270 30 10 did not exist, he tried to pick a new color. However, he might have tried to pick the new color based on the renders through his monitor instead of relying on a physical deck to choose a close match. Maybe held up RAL 250 50 10 from his deck up to his monitor, not paying attention to how objectively different it actually was, and said, "250 50 10 is quite accurate"

Not saying it's actually what happened, just my sort-of best guess of the mindset used.

In the end, this post is just my two cents having gone through the process myself, don't take my words as absolute as I'm not super familiar with color theory and what exactly happened to this set. I made this so hopefully people could try to understand better what may have happened and how it ended up like this. I remember actually liking the look of this set back then when I was relatively fresh to this scene and hoping it would turn out well, and I'm sad that it had to turn out like this after all this time waiting. I don't know the actual metrics of this, but it makes me think that sometimes when designers say that they need "another round of colors," it's not GMK's errors but a blunder of the designer, and sometimes they need to request a completely different color for GMK to make new samples. You can't tell GMK (or any other manufacturer probably in that regard) to "just make this color a little more desaturated" or "make this color a little lighter/darker." They work on data, so unless you have data to back up them not making the color you told them to accurately, they won't budge. That might be why for some sets you've seen that had to get multiple rounds, they have exhibited an effect of being interestingly or depressingly different.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2023, 11:51:27 by Pach »

Offline fireworm

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 12:01:34 »
when designers say that they need "another round of colors," it's not GMK's errors but a blunder of the designer.

The major issue is that picking RAL's or Pantone's (that actually exist!) is a best guess in many cases to begin with.  How can anyone communicate to a manufacturer what color they want?  Some colorants in ABS keep it translucent, ABS has a natural color that needs to be countered, some colorants are banned, some colorants may make toxic gas in ABS, etc. etc. 

IMHO, I think it's asking too much of many of the designers around here to understand the plastic manufacturing process.

The point I see is that GMK and other Plastic MFR's won't even do color-matching until they get paid for the set as a whole.  Otherwise they'd be color-matching forever on sets that won't ever exist (because the colors will 'never match' instead of making actual keycaps). 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 13:00:15 »
when designers say that they need "another round of colors," it's not GMK's errors but a blunder of the designer.

The major issue is that picking RAL's or Pantone's (that actually exist!) is a best guess in many cases to begin with.  How can anyone communicate to a manufacturer what color they want?  Some colorants in ABS keep it translucent, ABS has a natural color that needs to be countered, some colorants are banned, some colorants may make toxic gas in ABS, etc. etc. 

IMHO, I think it's asking too much of many of the designers around here to understand the plastic manufacturing process.

The point I see is that GMK and other Plastic MFR's won't even do color-matching until they get paid for the set as a whole.  Otherwise they'd be color-matching forever on sets that won't ever exist (because the colors will 'never match' instead of making actual keycaps).

Just to be clear, no designers are ever expected to do the actual formulating to arrive at the desired color for manufacturing. There are "color houses" whose entire business is to formulate color concentrate mixtures that achieve the target color at a given loading concentration (sometimes you'll buy the resin pre-colored; no idea what GMK does, but that's really not important).

The designer's role is to ideally select the correct target color that the supplier will match (they will match whatever is provided, if physically possible). If it turns out that the color in real, physical form is not what the designer intended, then the dreaded "color matching" cycle begins. This is where a lot of inexperienced designers seem to get caught. Translating from a screen to physical form is not trivial, and physical samples are always going to make things easier. Without some guidance or experience it's very easy to mess this up. However, despite being hard, it is still part of the designer's job to get right.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 01:46:19 »
OMG. What a huge letdown. The vendors and designers know that as well. Probably why they're selling it at a loss.
Base kit was originally $135 during GB, now it's $67.25. WTF!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 11:22:32 »
OMG. What a huge letdown. The vendors and designers know that as well. Probably why they're selling it at a loss.

tbf mkultra is shutting down and selling everything at "factory price"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 11:24:33 »

Just to be clear, no designers are ever expected to do the actual formulating to arrive at the desired color for manufacturing. There are "color houses" whose entire business is to formulate color concentrate mixtures that achieve the target color at a given loading concentration (sometimes you'll buy the resin pre-colored; no idea what GMK does, but that's really not important).

The designer's role is to ideally select the correct target color that the supplier will match (they will match whatever is provided, if physically possible). If it turns out that the color in real, physical form is not what the designer intended, then the dreaded "color matching" cycle begins. This is where a lot of inexperienced designers seem to get caught. Translating from a screen to physical form is not trivial, and physical samples are always going to make things easier. Without some guidance or experience it's very easy to mess this up. However, despite being hard, it is still part of the designer's job to get right.

for context hoffman is/used to be a plastics engineer so i trust him on this stuff over most others

get physical plastic chips and have GMK match to those, we've known for years that this is the best way to do it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 12:57:12 »

Pour one out for the homie
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Pach

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 00:51:33 »

Pour one out for the homie

:'(

Offline zitres

• Mechanische Tastaturen Deutschland Discord Server
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 16:29:45 »
I took some photos and will do more to show how it looks. I am very happy with it.
For now i made a setup with neutral artificial light and put a RAL Chart and GMK Sample Rings in front so you can check that it is as neutral as possible. Will add more pictures soon.

More: https://imgur.com/a/QAJwkBU

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 09:20:04 »
way closer to the renders than the garbage pictures on reddit

who would have thought???

Offline kronograf

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 02:34:23 »
298342-0
298344-1

such render match, very wow

no amount of gaslighting is going to make this set any less grey than it turned out, and it shouldn't take a dslr and postproduction to make it remotely worth looking at

but if you want to continue enabling bad gb runners, be my guest
jane me | 910 me

Offline dantambok

« Reply #265 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 23:09:55 »
I took some photos and will do more to show how it looks. I am very happy with it.
For now i made a setup with neutral artificial light and put a RAL Chart and GMK Sample Rings in front so you can check that it is as neutral as possible. Will add more pictures soon.

Show Image

More: https://imgur.com/a/QAJwkBU

nice try buddy. that set looks like a gmk dracula clone
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline tngpq

« Reply #266 on: Sun, 16 April 2023, 00:49:19 »
Closeness to the render aside, the physical product looks dull.

Offline renderling

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 11:04:50 »
Does anyone know if MK Ultra has started shipping Nord yet?

Offline cepate11

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 09:43:33 »
I can say I haven’t received my MKUltra order yet, and was only told i missed the refund window when I asked about that. A follow up on ETA for my shipping was not replied to.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 21:21:29 »
Does anyone know if MK Ultra has started shipping Nord yet?

MK Ultra is shutting down I'm pretty sure, you should still get it though. I never personally ordered from MK Ultra but from what I heard they never did have the best track record so it might take a while (on top of the fact that the person running MK Ultra had health complications, which obviously slows them down), you should contact them for updates on shipping.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 21:28:38 by Rhienfo »

Offline thornkin

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 12 May 2023, 00:58:44 »
Anyone hear from mkultra about Nord yet?  I mailed them and didn't hear back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline Cookiecurls

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 22:03:49 »
Anyone hear from mkultra about Nord yet?  I mailed them and didn't hear back.

Nothing 😞

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 06:20:42 »
MKUltra was shipping keyboard foam 6+ months after orders -before- both the pandemic and health complications, and not everyone got their orders. So this may happen, but I dont think anyone should be surprised that it's going slowly.

If you're sad you missed the full nord color matching / delays, you could consider:
https://kono.store/products/kds-nord

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #273 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 21:17:09 »
MKUltra was shipping keyboard foam 6+ months after orders -before- both the pandemic and health complications, and not everyone got their orders. So this may happen, but I dont think anyone should be surprised that it's going slowly.

If you're sad you missed the full nord color matching / delays, you could consider:
Gah! Those legends look like my little 12-year-old's keyboard. NSFW.

Offline Sieglinde

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 23:06:53 »

A shame about the legends on the mods.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 01 June 2023, 11:41:10 »
Is mkultra in the wind now?

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 01 June 2023, 12:47:36 »
MKU replies sometimes on discord; last 5/27. The coupla people I know who ordered from there haven't gotten their stuff yet. Did they have deskmats or artisans, which wont ship because those arent there yet? I dunno. mine didn't.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 01 June 2023, 15:46:04 »
Thanks.  Good to know there is still someone active there.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 08:13:17 »
Has anyone received their GMK Nord kits from MKUltra yet?  Thinking of pulling the trigger on a charge back since they've been noncommunicative and I can't imagine how they wouldn't have received their shipment from GMK by now. 

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 09:49:19 »
Has anyone received their GMK Nord kits from MKUltra yet?  Thinking of pulling the trigger on a charge back since they've been noncommunicative and I can't imagine how they wouldn't have received their shipment from GMK by now.

On their website it says that orders are shipping but IDK if they actually are. As I already discussed in the thread MKUltra is shutting down soon as the guy running it had health complications, so that might be the issue (No excuse for the lack of updates/not shipping products as if you should make someone else handle orders if you can't do it, especially for what seems to be in stock extras)

You should try to message them on the MK Ultra discord if you haven't already and if there is no communication and clearly nothing is being done, then it's good to chargeback, this is if you really want the keyset though, just make sure you still have that option of a chargeback at hand.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 10:50:37 »
Happen to have the link for MKUltra discord?

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 11:45:00 »
Happen to have the link for MKUltra discord?

It's not found directly on the website, but through some news update I did find it. As I said before, it was health complications that are affecting orders, especially with stuff like ongoing medical bills (which american bills are not cheap due to the system of course)

People have already asked questions about it, and apparently they are slowly being fufilled and that you should "sit tight", if you haven't emailed first I suggest doing before commenting on the support page on the server. I did see in the gmk nord page that someone did get their order so I think they are shipping them out just slowly. Just make sure you can always charge back.

The server link - https://discord.com/invite/8Nc5aqZXRN

Offline Pheyn

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 14:02:43 »

I received mine about a week ago. I read on GTRX's discord that a few others had received them as well.

Offline noahf

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 18:57:53 »
I received my kits a few weeks back. Im assuming owner is still dealing with illness and slowly shipping out. I wouldnt do a chargeback now as its been 3 years and its actually shipping.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 21:39:27 »
I'll hold off another two weeks since I paid with Amex and have no time limit to worry about but it'd be nice to get an email saying he'll get them out.

« Reply #285 on: Sat, 08 July 2023, 14:39:56 »
Just make sure your order’s not waiting on a deskmat or some other ancillary product. If it is and you just want your caps maybe you can just ask for the caps instead.

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 08 July 2023, 20:15:01 »
Has anyone got deskpads?

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 19:26:07 »
Just make sure your order’s not waiting on a deskmat or some other ancillary product. If it is and you just want your caps maybe you can just ask for the caps instead.

Are deskmats holding back some orders?

I was actually the first order placed for this GB when it went live on MK Ultra. Even confirmed by Eric himself.
I haven't received my order yet. And no answer from the man either when asked for a refund.

Kinda bummed - I've even been to his shop a couple of times and helped out with customer orders, had lunch together, etc. 

:(

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #288 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 05:38:40 »
I've got no desk mat or artisan in my order.  Still haven't received mine yet. 

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 21:25:36 »

Are deskmats holding back some orders?

I was actually the first order placed for this GB when it went live on MK Ultra. Even confirmed by Eric himself.
I haven't received my order yet. And no answer from the man either when asked for a refund.

Kinda bummed - I've even been to his shop a couple of times and helped out with customer orders, had lunch together, etc. 

:(

Yes, on discord he’s been responsive and said many orders that weren’t waiting on deskmats had been sent out, and there was no ETA on deskmats. I’d be surprised if there was money for a refund but if you wanted to waive the deskmat which doesn’t match the render or the caps…maybe you could actually get the caps.

Offline the_onlyhope

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 28 August 2023, 01:28:59 »
Did anyone receive their GMK Nord sets with Deskmat from Candykeys? I see it in-stock on their side  :(

Offline DarKou

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 03 October 2023, 03:25:02 »
Did anyone receive their GMK Nord sets with Deskmat from Candykeys? I see it in-stock on their side  :(

Last news from Candykeys (11th september) :

Hey DarKou, not long until its done, I will inform when you have it coming.

But.. nothing since...

Offline kronograf

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 04 October 2023, 02:18:03 »
Still haven’t received the keebwerk artisan either. Best GB ever.
jane me | 910 me

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 04 October 2023, 08:08:03 »
Im still waiting on my MKultra order from when he announced the sale....

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 04 October 2023, 15:29:39 »
Im still waiting on my MKultra order from when he announced the sale....

he is MIA for 3 months now, better charge back before it is too late

Offline Keebwerk

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 14 October 2023, 14:20:21 »
Still haven’t received the keebwerk artisan either. Best GB ever.

Incase the info didnt reach everyone.
Artisans were shipped out a few months ago to the vendors

Offline DarKou

« Reply #296 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 17:19:26 »

Last news from Candykeys (11th september) :

Hey DarKou, not long until its done, I will inform when you have it coming.

But.. nothing since...

And... still waiting ><

Offline kronograf

jane me | 910 me

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 17:29:45 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/17m0vl4/psa_mkultra_has_shut_down/

Was gonna post this but someone already did, don't think it needs to be said but chargeback immediately.

I'm just disappointment that he still allowed in stock orders, despite knowing that he couldn't fulfill them (at least that's what I took out of this). I do think it was health issues combined with his already spotty track record that started this mess, but maybe he thought he could make money off them, turning it into an exit scam.

Hopefully people can get their money back.

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 22:07:38 »
Apparently Erik has been more active in the designer's server for nord more than his own server and uhhhh yikes. Its no wonder he said no vendor wants to work with him. Alot of his messages show him being an *******