Author Topic: [IC]Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 5 Dec20- Global gb soon  (Read 72142 times)

Offline R L

• HELIX
[IC]Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 5 Dec20- Global gb soon
« on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:31:34 »

Aaru
Tenkeyless Keyboard by Helix Lab

2020/12/20 Update5: International GB coming soon (finally) we hope to launch before 2021.
Our protos have been making their way to various test builders around the globe.
You are welcome to join us on discord to find more.
I've updated the specs, and hid old contents of this IC thread
(we've packed too much info for one thread, need a separate IC for aaru pad soon.)
Thank you for those who read our "build-log" along the way. Hope we didn't disappoint.
See you guys soon hopefully : )
2020/7/23 Update0: Design Finalized, testing for coating
2020/7/29 Update1 : added photos for anodized black top and one that's fresh off cnc. Removed watermarks.
2020/8/25 Update2: Color/finish testing nearly completed. (folded some image for keeping the thread short

More
Few important things:
I: China gb is about to launch (with in August). Full details/specs on options etc will be disclosed on next update.
II: changed and expanded specs based on feedback and suggestions gathered across platforms.
confirmed changes are as follows (spec page will be edited accordingly) :
A. default configuration for pcb and plate now is solder and 1.5 mm in aluminum
B. added 1.5mm aluminum plate option for hotswap, 4mm become optional.
C. switched nearly all orings needed in mounting to full sheet of rubber for easy assembly.
D. Color scheme confirmed so far are (primary colors only, full spec in next update):
Black, Milk white, sand.
E. our collaborated sphinx themed artisan arrow keys (shown below) made by TDY Keys will be among the add-on option. 
It is estimated to be priced around $160 per set of four. (made in brass, red, white copper and silver)
There might be more changes to be decided.
and a google forum survey coming up for wkl in next few days. cancelled that and added wkl directly.
2020/9/13 Update3: China gb is live through taobao. (Ended on OCT-18th-2020) International gb is expected to launch in mid-to-late October

More
Important news:
1. prices are kept around $420. standard choices are:1 anodized black/ sand/ dark gold/ dark green. Coated: White/Pink.
There's a schrodinger wildcard option in the first 10 days of cn gb, and will be for international gb.

2. there's a delay on testing samples to be shipped out around the world, due to confusions caused in productions because of too many updates and variations in short period of time.

3. wkl version is supported. no addition to gb price.

4. we added another 4 hrs of cnc to the hieroglyphs making it fhd, no addition to gb price, more of that on discord #update channel.

5. made a plush for our official mascot linkolin-kun, aka 零口零君 the plush is about $10ish.

6. official collab wrist rest is out and is about $200.

7. concept render for aaru pad, still at early stage.

8. collaborated switch with ttc is out (tactile clicky)

wall of text detailed update log can be found on our #update channel ->  here
Thank you to those who kept bumping this thread and following us on discord. I means a lot to me and us, thank you! :D[/size][/font]

2020/10/23 Update 4: I'm sorry to say that there will be a short delay on our international launch due to various difficulties we didn't anticipate.
We should be back on track soon, more info on discord.
Thank you for your patience.

More
Img above is one of the earliest aaru proto, saved here for reference to show improvement and progression.

Hello all, I am R (aka 佛屠) of Helix Lab.
I was registered here in 2012, and after eight long years of dormancy, I'm doing my third post on gh (evidently welcoming new users doesn't count).
This IC would be my very first thead on this Mecca of a site for keyboard enthusiasts, and please excuse the length going on and on, it'll get better as my post count grows.

Aaru is the first keyboard we designed. Inspiration of this design comes from an amalgamation of many traits, among which the most direct one being the game Assassin's Creed Origin (ACO) I played recently. I was thoroughly amazed by the views and abundance of details of ancient Egypt that ACO has recreated, and thought to myself wouldn't it be nice to have a keyboard that's embossed with hieroglyphs like on walls or steles or papyri.
(as it turns out, it would!)

Behind the Scenes
---tl;dr-starts---

Equipped with this idea, we decided on the Rosetta Stone, a trilingual stele whose decree holds significant importance for the deciphering and understanding of hieroglyphs as a language.

The stone itself, or what's left of it, resides in the British Museum(Room 4).
The decree is said to be issued in 196 BC according to wikipedia (or 4 Xandikos in Macedonian calender or 18 Mekhir in Egyptian calendar =March 27 196BC)
by a group of priests at Memphis for the then young pharaoh Ptolemy V Epiphanes,
the decree spends a good part establishing the young pharaoh's political legitimacy, how he rocks as a pharaoh and how he was approved by the gods;
the script went on about governance stuff like taxation, property rights etc, and lastly commanded that a copy of this decree should be placed in every temple.
This granodiorite stone is named after the city it was first discovered, a port city in the Nile Delta called Rosetta or Rashid.
Below is a picture of what the stele would possibly look like reconstructed.

by A.Parrot on wikipedia   CC-BYy-SA 4.0 International

As aforementioned the stone is inscribed in three languages, hieroglyphs, regarded as the language of the gods; demotic, language of documents and common tongue; and greek.
Since hieroglyphs and demotic had both been out of commission around the 4th century AD, the rosetta stone became a key source of reference for scholars who wish to decipher hieroglyph and demotic scripts.

Given these significance, it's especially meaningful for us to incorporate its scripture as our team's debut, as well as the first product of our planned "civilization" serie.
We chose the famous eye of Horus (wadjet) for the weight design and the moon phase around it to convey the message"protection always". 
The name "Aaru" means the field of reeds,a heaven-like place in Egyptian mythology for those who led a righteous life. and of course, if you played ACO dlc, you know where it is, it's just divine.

The entirety of the hieroglyphic embossment (and the entire keyboard)on the keyboard are realized by hand tracing every character by 二期工程 of Helix Lab.

In the effort to be more relatively accurate, we consulted the following sources for tracing material, character accuracy and alignment:
[However, please note that although we strive to be accurate, we more so wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing,
hence there are characters swapped for cosmatic considerations. Things we do for beauty :
(
  ]
Unicode list of hieroglyphs compiled by Alan Gardiner (Gardiner's Sign Lists)
'The Rosetta Stone in Hieroglyphics and Greek with translations,’ 1871, Samuel Sharpe
'Amarigna & Tigrigna Qal Rosetta Stone', 2014 ,Legesse Allyn
Interactive Rosetta Stone Explorer by Precision Computing
hieroglyphic transcription of the stone by Jim Loy
The Digital Rosetta Stone Project's visual alignment, Dr. Monica Berti, Dr.Franziska Naether, Josephine Hensel, Miriam Amin. University of Leipzig.

---tl;dr-ends---

Let's Intoxicate Ourselves with some new photos
More

Image below is the campaign poster with CN contact info, you are welcome to join us on discord
or qq group on the poster if you know what that is.

Image below is a render of matte black finish (powder coating) key sets: hypothetical

Image below is a render of titanium grey finish (anodized) key sets credit: GMK Matrix-01 by Matrix Lab

Image below is a render of glossy black finish (anodized) key sets credit: GMK red samurai by Massdrop + RedSuns

Image below is a render of matte red finish (unknown until further testing) key sets: hypothetical.

Image below is a render of matte pink finish (unknown until further testing) key sets credit: GMK Olivia++ by Olivia

Image below is a photo for proof of concept, the embossment prototyping right after milling and prior to sandblasting, post processing

Below are more renders of exotic color schemes that was done for testing purposes

Image below is the render of our hotswap pcb designed by 環珊 of Helix Lab.

Image below is a close up render of the polycarbonate bar for underglow and back plate with "Aaru" logo
Sidenote: We wanted it to convey the "first civilization" vibe in the back with the rather futuristic logo and RGB lighting.
(First Civilization aka Isu: an ancient high-tech super human race in Assassin's Creed Universe)
Credits: All renders posted are made by saligia and 二期工程 of Helix Lab 
Note: Please feel free to contact me if you wish not to have your work(s) appear in our renders.

Image above are proto of limited full brass edition and rainbow proto as one of the schrodinger (random) options

Image above is chrome coating out of schrodinger options.

Specifications

IMPORTANT1: Please note that although we are at the final testing phase, all things are still subject to change however unlikely, the final description and options will be given in the GB topic.

Designs:All related designs shown have been finalized and prototyping done,
unlikely to change changed and laughing at myself. but now it's really finalized.
          Parts Included: Top & bottom frame, plate, PCB, back bar, type-C plate, underglow bar,
weight. [added some filling options]
       Primary Material: Aluminum alloy (6063-T5)                                                                   
   Secondary Material: Polycarbonate for the underglow bar, (optional brass bar sold as add-on)
                                          Brass for weight.
                                 Titanium alloy(TC4) for type-C plate (the tiny red one in the first image) [may subject to change]
type-c bar switched to aluminum for it looks better and more uniform.
Color options: E-white, Black, Sand, Dark gold, Pink, Dark green, plus wildcard options (costs extra).
                  Firmware: QMK, VIA compatible.                                                                       
                  Mounting: Top mount (possibly gummy compatible)                                             
           PCB Option:
                                 1: Hotswap PCB with Kaih 1511 socket per-key-rgb lighting (reverse mount, north facing)
                                 2: Solder PCB, single color per key led compatible. (south facing)                                   

Plate Option:

1: 1.5mm aluminum plate for hotswap or solder version pcb.                                 
                                 2: 4.0mm aluminum plate for hotswap only.                                                         
                                 3: two version(flex and very flex) of 1.5mm Carbon fiber plate for both pcb versions
                                 (optional brass for add-on too, tbd)

Date: Estimated to be around October Dec, 2020.                             
                  Quantity: Limited 1999 units, about 1400 left after China gb.                             
                        Price: Should start around $460~470 (including payment platforms fees etc.)
                        Lead time: 3.5 months after order placed,                                             
but should figure in extra time needed international shipping.
(China gb orders should be fulfilled by batches starting soon)
             WhereToBuy: www.helix.site; few additional fail-safe ways like taobao
                  Shipping: will be shipped from ShenZhen, China. Estimated shipping about $50.
                  Package spec : Estimated 410 mm x 180 mm x 70 mm(h)
                                                  ~2 kg packaged per unit. (~2.1kg assembled)                                 

More
Sidenote on shipping & pricing:I'm based in the same city with Fox Lab, who is also a good friend of mine for many years. (I'll ask him for help if I can't figure out shipping myself XD)
 As the final configuration is not set yet, the various finishing, packaging, fees charged by payment platforms, currency fluctuation all might affect the final price, We'are working to keep it around $420 for the base price within CN (before shipping & tax), there will be discrepancy for the said reasons, and we'll do best to keep the discrepancy as small as possible.
If you're familiar with cnc you'd know this design takes much more time and much higher riskes for manufactoring defects, keeping the cost down while maintaining high production quality in a relatively fast speed is an understated challenge as is.
For those requesting specific means that would save additional charges imposed upon them by their specific regions, we would also do our best to accomodate.

Contact info: Discord: discord.link/Helix
                            QQ  Group: 942327559

More
I personally check discord & QQ group (and now this topic) at least once everyday* while other members of the team are online constantly. 
[*this footnote is added on update 2 of 8/25/2020: my words on checking this thread everyday is kept very poorly, I apologize for that, but I've maintained high availability on discord]
Please feel free to leave your comment and question below, or @ for a Helix Lab staff or admin on discord/qq group.
We are a group of enthusiasts whose passion are to make products people would love.
We hope our work moves you, if not we hope our next one will. : )
Thank you for your time and interest.

Credits and Gratitudes

I'd like to extend my deep gratitude to:

Mike Wu and his team at Kaihua Electronics(Kailh) for thier hospitality, support and taking Helix Lab as their official client.

Fox and Ramiel of Fox Lab for his continuing help.

zh_phi for his great help and knowledge on rgb lighting.

TTC for our switch collaboration.

Kev NeonKid and Ogre for their voluntary help of setting up and taking care of our discord sever.

ai03 for his tutorial taught me how to make a keyboard pcb and ai03's unified daughterboard for the various protection mechanism.

community members who helped reviewing my draft pcb schema at pcb-design channel in ai03 Design Studio: L0laapk3#2010, NeuralSpaz#9236, plut0nium#0838, 4pplet#4574, Maarten#3065

and for all who supported me and Helix Lab.

THANK YOU!

不尽感恩!

Helix Lab

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 December 2020, 17:44:20 by R L »

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Helix Lab - Aaru TKL
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:35:14 »
Nice work, 佛总

Offline matrinFjw

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:35:51 »
佛总永远滴神

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:37:13 »
Looks good bro, let's go (:

Offline Lenux

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:38:11 »
Looks nice ! GLWIC

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:42:28 »
Saw this on zF, I will definitely get this!
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:43:55 »
Love the design and the concept very much. I will absolutely be hopping on this.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:44:35 »
Very nice!

Offline jackzyg

• https://elboard.store/
    • ELBoard Discord Channel
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:44:56 »
Best of luck佛总!!wish the price can be closer to home though.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:45:16 »
This is actually pretty cool.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:48:16 »
Nice one! Interested.

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:51:07 »
I.WANT.IT.

Offline username-thingy

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:53:32 »
This looks great! I can’t wait to see what colors you choose on the final product! One question though, does this support split backspace? I didn’t see it mentioned but I also could have misread.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:02:28 »
This is the missing Millenium Keyboard I'm looking for.

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:05:42 »
This look cool, really liking the concept. Can't wait to hear more about it :D

Questions and Answers:

- will there be WKL version?
(No, but might have tsangan bottom row)

- PCB is solder, USB-C connector, QMK and ESD protection?
(has ESD protection, Solder PCB, USB-C and QMK)

- is the case compatible with other aftermarket TKL PCB like hiney h87?
(case uses custom PCB so no support for other PCBs)

- plate and PCB combo?
(hotswap PCB uses 4mm plate, solder pcb uses 1.5mm plate)

thanks
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:25:27 by Kinesiologist »

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:24:02 »
GLWIC!

Looks pretty cool with those engravings..
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline ephemeral25

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:24:52 »
Amazed ! Can't wait to see more

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:43:54 »
Nice work, 佛总

感谢狐狸老板, I'm told I need to reserve a top post for future updating, I guess it's too late now=_=

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:44:35 »
That weight.

"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:50:14 »
My wife would love one of these.
Very cool.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 15:32:57 »
Looking awesome. Will there be ISO support?

Offline Shiro

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 15:51:14 »
wow, what a great idea for a board. I am 100% in for this one.  :thumb:

Offline GrimmOmen

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 16:05:45 »
Very unique design. Love the theme and the weight.

Any thoughts on a honey or sand colorway for the tablet look?

Offline productkun

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 16:40:59 »
Oof, so gotta choose between this or a time 80.. :o

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 16:46:33 »
Have seen this on discord chat for some time. Excited to see it here.

Offline stopitsme

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 17:49:21 »
im for the pink one for sure :)

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 18:18:16 »
Okay this is really interesting. Most tkl's look the same to me from the top, but that's completely gone here with those hieroglyphs, when I saw that I immediately thought the pricing would be way higher than what you're estimate is, so I hope that your estimate ends up being close!

Loving the theme and how it's implemented, also do consider running those keycaps at some point, I would most likely buy them even if I didn't get this board to put them on, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Offline Morischao

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 19:22:04 »
Count me in!

Offline 002_GT

• KR Boards OP
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 19:28:44 »
Love the detail on that case top  :thumb:

Offline Arcen

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 20:05:10 »
This looks really good. Looking forward to seeing more updates

Offline r3spect

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 20:52:07 »
I thought it was so beautiful when I saw it in zfrontier, China.

Thank you so much for opening up global sales. ;)

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 21:43:12 »
This looks insane!

Offline s1t9e9v4e

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 23:12:51 »
佛,6,佛,orz

Offline TofuOrganic

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 00:02:50 »
On this for sure if those hieroglyphics come out as intended. Looks sick.

Offline horchata771

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 00:42:41 »
Woah! This is very cool!!

Offline tr0yr0x

• TWICE Fanboi
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 02:28:07 »
What a cool looking board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Eigencat

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 04:41:35 »
definitely need one of these

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 05:42:46 »
Idk the rules enough to know whether i'll be violating if I do consecutive posts, but I wanted to thank everyone here, so let me do an all-in-one, and in tiny wording variances so as to not appear boring.
Looks good bro, let's go (:
Thanks man.
Looks nice ! GLWIC
Thank you Lenux.

Nice one! Interested.
XD

Love the design and the concept very much. I will absolutely be hopping on this.
I will be looking for you when GB comes!

佛总永远滴神
  句佬群宠!

Best of luck佛总!!wish the price can be closer to home though.
Thank you Jack, I'll do my best.

This is actually pretty cool.
=w=Thanks

Saw this on zF, I will definitely get this!
This post is wayyy more info heavy than the zF one, I yap more in english i guess.

I.WANT.IT.
PLEASE KEEP WANTING IT!

Very nice!
Thanks for your support ZyBeR.

This looks great! I can’t wait to see what colors you choose on the final product! One question though, does this support split backspace? I didn’t see it mentioned but I also could have misread.
Yeah, no, it wasn't mentioned . But yeah, the 1.5mm soldering plate supports split backspace. Hallelujah

This is the missing Millenium Keyboard I'm looking for.
Show Image

omg, I want what you have there!

This look cool, really liking the concept. Can't wait to hear more about it :D

Couple of questions though:
- will there be WKL version?
- PCB is solder, USB-C connector, QMK and ESD protection? (hopefully all of them :D)
- is the case compatible with other aftermarket TKL PCB like hiney h87?

thanks
Hi Kinesiologist, thank your for your interest.
To your first question, unfortunately, there won't be a wkl version as the top frame takes forever mill as is (roughly speaking 3/day/machine minus defects), having two variations would multiply the complexities.
Second, PCB will have two choices and each choice comes with its designated plate, i.e. 4mm plate for hotswap, 1.5 for solder;

Code: [Select]
       |Per-key-RGB||Hot-swap||Type-C| |QMK||ESD| |layout compatibility|       
   4mm plate =  yes      yes     Yes     Yes Yes            one layout
1.5mm plate =   no       no      Yes     Yes Yes    Iso enter, 7U space, split backspace, stepped caps

I'll make things clear in coming updates, plz stay tuned.

For protections, comparing to the Unified Daughterboard, we took off MLB3216-600P4A ferrite beads between power ground and signal ground,and used a 2 channel ESD Suppressors instead of 4, the rest are similar.

Thirdly, no, the case is not compatible with other pcb boards to the best of my knowledge, it didn't really came to mind I was so fixated on making our own board, I wish I had thought of that.
I realized all of the three answers didn't really go as you wished, I'm sorry for that :(

Amazed ! Can't wait to see more
Thank you for your interest, stay tuned.

My wife would love one of these.
Very cool.
Thank you, sir, your love for the Mrs. is admirable.

wow, what a great idea for a board. I am 100% in for this one.  :thumb:
Thank you Shiro.

That weight.

Show Image

XD, isn't it just look righteous?

GLWIC!

Looks pretty cool with those engravings..
I actually don't know what "GLWIC" means =_=

Looking awesome. Will there be ISO support?
Yeah, specs on second pcb plan should be flashed out in the next status update.

Very unique design. Love the theme and the weight.

Any thoughts on a honey or sand colorway for the tablet look?
Actually yeah, and we had tested renders on them, will check out how it actually looks.

Oof, so gotta choose between this or a time 80.. :o
ah, or together, and you may even get one of the shipping charge waived.

Count me in!
Thanks Morischao for your support.

im for the pink one for sure :)
I like it too, the rose gold thing isn't.

This looks really good. Looking forward to seeing more updates
Thank you Arcen : )

This looks insane!
IKR, thanks for the support.

Okay this is really interesting. Most tkl's look the same to me from the top, but that's completely gone here with those hieroglyphs, when I saw that I immediately thought the pricing would be way higher than what you're estimate is, so I hope that your estimate ends up being close!

Loving the theme and how it's implemented, also do consider running those keycaps at some point, I would most likely buy them even if I didn't get this board to put them on, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Thanks for your kind words Xemnova. Our primary aim for this first run focuses more on (hopefully) gaining a good reputation, and more experience in organizing all parts of the business such as developing, manufacturering, marketing, customer service. We'll be more than happy and content if our gain on this run will break even the costs, we'd end up with more experience in running things and a big group of people loving our outcome. Then it'd be worth it.
In terms of the caps, we have plans, but it's been put aside for Aaru TKL related works. Stay Tuned~

Have seen this on discord chat for some time. Excited to see it here.
Excited to be here, it's been too long since I last posted XD.

Love the detail on that case top  :thumb:
Thank you 002_GT.

I thought it was so beautiful when I saw it in zfrontier, China.

Thank you so much for opening up global sales. ;)
Thank you for your interests, you reminded me of the few dozen posts I've yet to respond on zfrontier.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 05:59:50 »
This one has my attention  :cool:

Offline yuki

• sleep is for the weak
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 06:38:31 »
Design looks interesting, but one major criticism is that the plate design is absolutely abysmal. The majority of the flex being *away* from you when typing is going to A feel really awful, and B its going to be extremely inconsistent. Please consider using the more orthodox tgr jane v2/otdt 360c style plate mounting/design.
Otherwise glwic

Offline z770535105

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 09:51:50 »
佛总加油,aaru加油

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:27:47 »
This is so incredibly great, we definitely need more of this type of revolutionary design in this community, I'll definitely try to get my hands onto this once it comes out :thumb:

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:33:22 »
definitely need one of these
Thanks Eigencat.

This one has my attention  :cool:
  ;D Stay tuned maestro

Woah! This is very cool!!
Thank you for your support.

Design looks interesting, but one major criticism is that the plate design is absolutely abysmal. The majority of the flex being *away* from you when typing is going to A feel really awful, and B its going to be extremely inconsistent. Please consider using the more orthodox tgr jane v2/otdt 360c style plate mounting/design.
Otherwise glwic
Thank you yuki for your criticism and interest. I worry the said plate won't go well to sit switches on hot-swap sockets. Although I personally don't find it awful, but your input is dully noted. I've always wanted to test out the haptics with various plate designs, materials and mounting mechanisms with each case designs. I hope I'll get to the right configuration for you soon.

What a cool looking board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you tr0yr0x for your support.

佛,6,佛,orz
S豪别闹.

On this for sure if those hieroglyphics come out as intended. Looks sick.
I pray they survive coating too.

This looks insane!
lol, Thanks SenseiJia

Offline mattv

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 23:40:51 »
Looks like a stunner!

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 15:30:43 »
Really unique design, glad that you are bringing this to the international market.

Offline Vaiur

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 19:03:45 »
Can't wait to see more of this, love the ancient egypt themeing.
CB87:Sakabato Black/Red/Brass | Think6.5v2 Deep Ocean 1u | Alpine65 eWhite | Vega Grey | RAMA u80a SEQ2 Sage | Iron165 r2 Graphite | Mode80 Lotus | Geon Frog F12 Black | Keycult 2/65 Purple Unfinish | Geon F2-84 Black | JJW Cloudline Navy/Silver | Iron165 r2 PC Atomic Purple

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 19:33:22 »
If this is the 8th Millennial item, this is too much power for this world. With this, one man could take soul control of finger inputs as we know it. Although this is one kick-@$$ design. Would love to own one of these.

Bring the GB on!

Offline Hyphen

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 20:24:52 »
That's a beautiful board! I'm looking forward to the GB. Are you expecting it to be more towards the end of the year? Asking just for budget purposes to make some room.

Offline DaddyPhill

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:19:56 »
The matte black is super nice. I'm in!

Offline R L

• HELIX
Re: [IC] Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 1 Jul-29
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 11:51:22 »
佛总加油,aaru加油
谢谢亲~~

This is so incredibly great, we definitely need more of this type of revolutionary design in this community, I'll definitely try to get my hands onto this once it comes out :thumb:

Thank you for the compliment fabijolo, we wish we won't disappoint.

That's a beautiful board! I'm looking forward to the GB. Are you expecting it to be more towards the end of the year? Asking just for budget purposes to make some room.
Thanks for the compliment, Hyphen. We're working to make the gb available around September~October. Still are many things to be ironed out.   

Can't wait to see more of this, love the ancient egypt themeing.
Thank you so much Vaiur.

Really unique design, glad that you are bringing this to the international market.
Thank you FLawLesS, we're excited to, though being the first timer, there are many things to work out for the international gb to go smooth.

If this is the 8th Millennial item, this is too much power for this world. With this, one man could take soul control of finger inputs as we know it. Although this is one kick-@$$ design. Would love to own one of these.

Bring the GB on!
LOL, even if it is, there would be too many replicas in a range of different colors to tell.  Thank you for the kind words Anthixious.

The matte black is super nice. I'm in!
Thanks DaddyPhill, stay tuned for the set photos next.

Looks like a stunner!
Thank you mattv.

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 11:54:40 by R L »