Author Topic: SSD + USB Drives!  (Read 1082 times)

Offline tehsprayer

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline Parak

SSD + USB Drives!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 17:04:12 »
Majority of sandforce drives are really questionable in my opinion (and experience). The other day M4s were getting to the same $1/GB without any rebates, and this made them a far better deal which is likely to come up again soon.

Offline BiNiaRiS

SSD + USB Drives!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 17:33:08 »
Quote from: Parak;531231
Majority of sandforce drives are really questionable in my opinion (and experience).

And are you still using them today? Pretty much all of their issues have been resolved via firmware updates. I have a handful of friends that have them as well as myself and they have been flawless. Granted I didn't get mine when they first launched. I waited until they fixed the issues.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline Internetlad

SSD + USB Drives!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 17:47:28 »
I have an OCZ Agility 3 that i got circa last september for my Birthday. About once a week when i'd come home my computer would be on "No boot device detected" or whatever it said, I would power cycle and it would work fine after that for another week. Picked up an Asus P8Z68-V, Reinstalled and it works flawlessly now. It's running sandforce.

It's all relevant to the hardware you're using and the firmware it's running. There is, as far as I know, no actual "hardware" flaws.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
SSD + USB Drives!
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 17:47:50 »
Most of the SandForce "hate" comes from the days when there were a lot of issues, specifically the OCZ brand of SSDs, and still lingers on to this day.  As BiNiaRiS has already brought out, a lot of the issues have been resolved.

I've had a 120GB Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe from last year and that thing continues to run like a beast.  It had been shipped with the recent FW update.  So far, so good.  Used it on a '08 MBP, then re-formatted for use on my home-built PC.  Haven't encountered any issues on the drive from either operating system.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com