Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mictlán - GB June 3rd to July 1st - Pricing Reveal: $99.00 Basekits!  (Read 172300 times)

Offline Neptune Keys

Re: [IC] GMK Mictlán
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 10:07:23 »
Really nice Novelties!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 10:34:09 »
As a San Antonio, TX native I am obligated to buy this set. Beautifully done! Not really a fan of Noche Negra, I'd adjust the alpha legend color to grey. If not no worries, I'm all in on Papel Picado!!!! Now to work on theming a board for this set!

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 11:24:26 »
This is so sick, that alt base kit is god-tier 😍

Please add an extensions kit that includes two 1.5u Super keys and an additional 1u alt key to support macOS 7u/HHKB layouts! Please also consider supporting actual UK ISO instead of just Terminal ISO. I put that on the IC form too!

Excited to watch this one!

Offline linell

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 12:09:39 »
nk basekits so good
set looks amazing
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 12:39:05 »
Pretty sure it's "güey", not wey. But awesome set, I'll for sure be buying.

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 12:42:56 »
Pretty sure it's "güey", not wey. But awesome set, I'll for sure be buying.

While "güey" is the dictionary spelling everyone uses "wey" instead.

Offline asciisii

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 12:54:03 »
Filled out IC, I'm all in minus spacebar kit as the kitting is good enough to fill all my boards already!

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:07:07 »
love the novelties.
Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline pleasega

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:15:42 »
Is the black CR? If it is i might not need to order the spacebar kit, hope someone can clarify thanks

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 15:24:12 »
I really like this set's aesthetics. The kitting just needs a bit of work. After that, it will definitely be worth consideration.

Noche Negra (Basekit)
Show Image

The base kit is missing R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn keys for 65% support; please consider adding them.
It's also recommended to add a purple R4 1u Fn key to the regular base kit, for when that key is placed on the bottom row, or on R4 next to 1.75u Shift.
You can kill two birds with one stone here if you change the current gray R4 Fn key to purple, and add R3 Prev, R4 Next keys in gray. Here's an example of a set that does that. The latter two keys are generic-legend variants of R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn which can also fill a few other roles.

For reasons similar to the Fn key above, you could/should add a cyan R1 1u Delete for when that key is placed above Backspace (e.g. on HHKB layouts).
If you make that legend generic, e.g. Erase, this key will be able to double as a R1 1u Backspace (which some layouts use). However, it's also fine if you don't do that and keep it as Delete.

The R1 1u \| key should be gray (alpha-colored), not cyan (mod-colored), since that key is an alpha key and doesn't usually go in the corner (only `~ does).

Please consider using System/Sys or Super instead of Code. The latter is pretty bad as an OS key legend, and it works much better as a generic / “any” key legend.

Also consider changing the R3 1.75u Control key to use an icon legend (). This will help with visual consistency in the set, as the text legend has a habit of looking out of place in the middle of icon mods (comparison, example in kit).

Shouldn't the numpad Enter legend be pink or purple instead of orange?

As far as the 40s support goes, keep in mind that 3-key won't look particularly nice with this sort of colorway since several gray keys will need to be used for the mods.

Papel Picado (Alt Basekit)
Show Image

Keep in mind that the <> key goes to the left of Z. That means that you will have two yellow legend keys (A and <>) really close to each other, which looks like something that you were trying to avoid in this kit.

Calavera (Novelties)
Show Image

Really nice novelties, good job.

Ocote (Spacebars)
Show Image

Both 1.75c spaces, as well as the second 1.25c, are completely unnecessary and can be removed from this kit.
In their place, you can (and should) add a 1c space.

You could also move the 2c, 2.25c, 2.75c spacekeys from the base kits into this kit. Since they are simple, single-color keys in a small kit, the kit will still be fairly cheap, and doing this would allow for some extra flexibility in the bases — either in terms of adding a few extra keys, or dropping the price point.
Not to mention that if the black used is CR, some buyers will already own those spacekeys from other sets, so it would be nice if they didn't have to pay for duplicates.

One final consideration would be to add accent 6.25c and 7c spaces to this kit (e.g. in full orange, like the Esc and Enter accents in the novelties kit). However, this goes slightly against the previous point as it adds an extra color to the kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 November 2021, 16:32:52 by konstantin »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 15:28:26 »
Please add an extensions kit that includes two 1.5u Super keys and an additional 1u alt key to support macOS 7u/HHKB layouts!

It's worth keeping in mind that you can use the novelties kit for that.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 16:45:55 »
What's with the random wey novelty?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 18:10:11 »
Any chance the color codes can be listed?

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 18:14:54 »
This is so sick, that alt base kit is god-tier

Please add an extensions kit that includes two 1.5u Super keys and an additional 1u alt key to support macOS 7u/HHKB layouts! Please also consider supporting actual UK ISO instead of just Terminal ISO. I put that on the IC form too!

Excited to watch this one!
I second two 1.5u Super keys

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 18:35:14 »
Is that N9 on CR black? What are the colors?
If I had to cut down to 3 sets on god I’d keep this as one.
Absolutely stunning. Wouldn't be surprised if there was even more interest in the alt basekit. GLWIC!
Lovely set.
Also want to know the colours, in particular, the black and the dark grey. Are they custom colours, or standard colours? And if so, which colour? Thanks.
Is the black CR? If it is i might not need to order the spacebar kit, hope someone can clarify thanks

Thank you all! The base color of Noche Negra and Papel Picado it's CR indeed! Later this week I'll confirm the rest of the colors because we are still doing some changes behind the scenes.
Also do not worry about color matching, I'm aiming to use as most stock colors as possible.

This is awesome!! 3 key 40s support in base is always a nice inclusion  ;D

Just a note, the 6.25u and 6u off-center space bars are the same size in the Ocote kit
In the bars kit image the 6.25u and 6u appear to be the same size, is this a typo on the 6.25u or just an error in the rendering?
Looks utterly amazing! count me in

fyi looks like there's a typo in the spacebars set, first bar says 6.25u centered but the bar underneath is the same length in the render and is 6.00u off-centered, guessing the top bar is supposed to be 6u c?

Thanks! Totally my fault, this was an error when writing the labels in the renders. I will fix it as soon as possible, thanks for making it noticed!

I have one tiny, itty, bitty, mini request :)

2x1.5U text supers or novelties. Maybe add some more Wey novs?
Would love to see an ISO enter novelty 🥺
ISO Novelty is in the works! I updated the render to make it more clear.
For this colorway, a mod-color (not accent) iso novelty will fit the theme better imo if there's only one key to be added. I could be wrong tho.
Also, a R3 PgUp and a R4 PgDn should be added somewhere else becaus the most popular 65s set up right now is R4 PgDn, R3 PgUp, R2 End, R4 Home-Del.
Another set to add to my wishlist.  :thumb:
Please add a 1u spacebar to the spacebar kits for those who want to use 3u-1u-3u split bars.
Would love some 1.5U Code keys with an extra 1u Alt. That alt kit looks awesome to me!
Colors look really good. Big fan of the kitting as well, although personally would've liked 2u, 2,25u and 2,75u in spacebar kit because i'll for sure picking that up 100%.
Wouldn't mind a 1u in spacebar kit.
I'll also pick up the novelty kit, mainly for the skulls to add some colors to WoB. Would assume the skull itself to be part of the doubleshot, while the skulle decorations are pad/uv printed.

Side note: 2,75u in basekit, and 6u centered stem in spacebar kit are labeled wrong.

Thank you! All feedback regarding kitting is being considered, expect news regarding this in the following days!

I really like this set's aesthetics. The kitting just needs a bit of work. After that, it will definitely be worth consideration.

Noche Negra (Basekit)
Show Image

The base kit is missing R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn keys for 65% support; please consider adding them.
It's also recommended to add a purple R4 1u Fn key to the regular base kit, for when that key is placed on the bottom row or next to 1.75u Shift on R4.
You can kill two birds with one stone here if you change the current gray R4 Fn key to purple, and add R3 Prev, R4 Next keys in gray. Here's an example of a set that does that. The latter two keys are generic-legend variants of R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn which can also fill a few other roles.

For reasons similar to the Fn key above, you could/should add a cyan R1 1u Delete for when that key is placed above Backspace (e.g. on HHKB layouts).
If you make that legend generic, e.g. Erase, this key will be able to double as a R1 1u Backspace (which some layouts use).

The R1 1u \| key should be gray (alpha-colored), not cyan (mod-colored), since that key is an alpha key and doesn't usually go in the corner (only `~ does).

Please consider using System/Sys or Super instead of Code. The latter is pretty bad as an OS key legend, and it works much better as a generic / “any” key legend.

Also consider changing the R3 1.75u Control key to use an icon legend (). This will help with visual consistency in the set, as the text legend has a habit of looking out of place in the middle of icon mods (comparison, example in kit).

Shouldn't the numpad Enter legend be pink or purple instead of orange?

As far as the 40s support goes, keep in mind that 3-key won't look particularly nice with this sort of colorway since several gray keys will need to be used for the mods.

Papel Picado (Alt Basekit)
Show Image

Keep in mind that the <> key goes to the left of Z. That means that you will have two yellow legend keys (A and <>) really close to each other, which looks like something that you were trying to avoid in this kit.

Calavera (Novelties)
Show Image

Really nice novelties, good job.

Ocote (Spacebars)
Show Image

Both 1.75c spaces, as well as the second 1.25c, are completely unnecessary and can be removed from this kit.
In their place, you can (and should) add a 1c space.

You could also move the 2c, 2.25c, 2.75c spacekeys from the base kits into this kit. Since they are simple, single-color keys in a small kit, the kit will still be fairly cheap, and doing this would allow for some extra flexibility in the bases — either in terms of adding a few extra keys, or dropping the price point.

One final consideration would be to add accent 6.25c and 7c spaces to this kit (e.g. in full orange, like the Esc and Enter accents in the novelties kit). However, this goes slightly against the previous point as it adds an extra color to the kit.

I want to personally thank you for the time you have taken to write such precise and argued feedback, I have always admired that of you. I will work on all the comments you mentioned. Again, muchas gracias.

To all the other people who have written in this post showing their support, I want to thank you for everything <3, the support has been overwhelming and I really did not expect such a reaction at all.
I will try to answer most of your questions as I confirm information with GMK, vendors, artisan makers, and other people who are involved in the project.

Offline Armyofkeyboards

• www.armyofkeyboards.com
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 18:51:58 »
Sí señor

Offline x86ect

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 19:09:54 »
How are you getting multiple colors on a single keycap in the novelties?

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 19:23:55 »
How are you getting multiple colors on a single keycap in the novelties?
Novelties are not intended to be more than doubleshot, the plan is to make those novelties doubleshot with a UV print layer on top! I'll explain this in a more detailed way later this week (maybe in the following weeks) while GMK confirms some details that I am waiting for.

Offline garaloveli

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 20:45:28 »
Great contrast, I will definitely grab one :3

Offline caghuama

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 21:07:52 »
This is a MUST BUY!

Offline kight

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 21:22:10 »
whoa, never knew I needed this until I saw it. this is sick!

Offline 0xtanja

• need 1.5u supers
    • linktr.ee/tanjarinne
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 22:10:30 »
OK I need to ask. Any chance to add one or two 1.5u code?

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 00:17:43 »
I feel like an extra alphas kit with white legends would be cool, to match the whites in the novelties kit.

Offline Ashen_21

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 03:07:16 »
I love the colours and the theme of this set so much! The novelties look absolutely amazing as well! 100% gonna cop! GLWIC!~

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 08:45:53 »
LOVE IT!

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 10:19:12 »
I am honestly still in awe of how beautiful these novelties are. It's so refreshing to see *effort* put into them. I love everything about this.

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 16:08:06 »
There is La Muerte Deskmat interest check from PhangKey right now. I think it's a great match - make a collab or what)

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 16:33:12 »
Absolutely down for this set, beautiful idea - agree with the earlier comments on making sure the base set fully supports 65% layout with the appropriate Home/End/PgUp/PgDwn caps.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 22:27:43 »
Hi, great set, I only have one complaint. The accent arrows in the novelty kit are not row consistent with the gradient, as they do not offer a pink up arrow. Could the colors on the arrows be changed to offer gradient-consistent accent support?

Offline Rik.caffeinated

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 13:26:21 »
I keep sending Vheissu money but my Mictlan kits still haven't shipped

Offline unusuaL_

• Illustrious
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:37:17 »
those mods on basekit are chefkiss
collection: yae60 proto, f1-8k (cocogoat shill), hhkb pro2

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 15:12:57 »
Looks awesome

I would probably use the novelties anyway, but a R4 1.5u Code/Super would be awesome for Tsangan/Mac setups.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 16:31:34 »
I want to personally thank you for the time you have taken to write such precise and argued feedback, I have always admired that of you. I will work on all the comments you mentioned. Again, muchas gracias.

You're welcome! I think you have a winner on your hands here, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

By the way, I've added another pertinent point regarding spacekeys in base to my previous post:
Not to mention that if the black used is CR, some buyers will already own those spacekeys from other sets, so it would be nice if they didn't have to pay for duplicates.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 19:57:50 »

You're welcome! I think you have a winner on your hands here, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

By the way, I've added another pertinent point regarding spacekeys in base to my previous post:

Hey I (and many others) love our Alice support in Base kit !

Please keep those bars and second B in the basekit.

Offline JustMilica

• A weeb
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 22:51:06 »
Would love to see an ISO enter novelty 🥺
ISO Novelty is in the works! I updated the render to make it more clear.

Yay, thank you! 🥰

Offline Hawkenfreude

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 09:37:51 »
Tremendous work

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 11:01:59 »

Hey I (and many others) love our Alice support in Base kit !

Please keep those bars and second B in the basekit.
Agree, I like mini bars there too. Also, adding 2 1u keys for either R3 PgUp-R4 PgDn or R4 Next-R3 Prev will barely change the final price of the base kit, so please keep mini bars in base
I'd like to have accent space bars in bar kit if it's possible
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2021, 12:50:11 by nvh2092 »

Offline c0d3r

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 11:17:11 »
a bit confusion about the alpha/legend colors, some renders are showing light grey, but yours (Noche Negra Basekit) is showing very dark grey, so which one is the right one?

Offline missaeloM

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 10:25:52 »
International kit pls :D me encantaaaa!

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 21:50:55 »
It this happens, I might be down. Looks great so far.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 22:23:56 »
Novelties are perfect and I really like the alt base kit :thumb:

Offline St3ve458

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 06 November 2021, 07:52:27 »
Instant  cop! Looks amazing!

Offline mibrin

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 06 November 2021, 22:04:16 »
probably one of the best colourways i've seen in a long time. Great work! Will definitely look to pick up a set

Offline Ram

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 01:25:08 »
I have no feelings towards the theme, now I do, now I need this

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Django.

• Just a fella that likes rectangles
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 12:26:30 »
Love the inspiration, very pretty :)

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 13:12:47 »
Absolutely stunning. With many formulaic sets, it isn't every day that I know instantly that I have to buy a set. The papel picado is incredible.

As others have mentioned, R4 1.5u code would very much be appreciated by Mac users.

Can't wait to place my order!

Offline totoro3

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 16:01:59 »
Please get a South American Proxy. Set is really nice, might be worth the 3 year wait.

Offline joeridullens

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 16:08:57 »
Damn nice colours. love the theme!

Offline cam

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 05:44:04 »
Great colors! Let's see where it goes  ;D

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 07:07:12 »
Love the look of this set. Going to echo everyone else here.
Papel Picado (Alt Basekit) is the Wey

Appreciate that you've included a Novelty Skull Esc key as part of the base kit for those who might not be able to afford getting the novelty set (or prefer to only use 1 novelty). However, the novelties are amazing and you'd be a fool to not get them too imo.

I'd like to support changing 'Code' legend to 'Super' or 'Sys'/'System', just to avoid two modifier legends starting with C next to each other. Although, given the amount of crazy colours (in the Alt Basekit), I'd actually strongly prefer icon only legends as the modifiers for this set (in the base kit). IMO it would look far cleaner.

A R4 Ñ would be nice too

Looking forward to seeing the deskmat designs and metal artisan collabs when they're revealed!

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 November 2021, 18:13:45 by bobasweatandtears »