Poll

Which type for GMK black lotus?

ICON mods
401 (66.3%)
TEXT mods
204 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 605

Author Topic: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset - UPDATED OP - GB GOING LIVE ON TKC ON APRIL 2020  (Read 292861 times)

Offline vicissitude

Re: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset Update: ICON MODIFIERS
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 07:51:19 »
thanks.
ready to join the GB.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #551 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 08:20:02 »
Very happy to see this is still going, can't wait for the GB!

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #552 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 08:50:48 »
So when?  Will join

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #553 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 12:39:40 »
I'll definitely be picking up a set as long as the Accel World novelties are available.

Offline crysilica

« Reply #554 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 15:09:07 »
Finally! Do we have an approx date on when this will happen?

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #555 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 00:20:51 »
I am so excited now! I can't wait to throw all the money for this

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #556 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 13:35:11 »
Kobe + Icon + Monochrome = HEAVEN

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #557 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 19:58:38 »
Hi everyone!

We have successfully secured a spot on TKC for a group buy.

Confirmed kits as of this posting:
Monochrome base
Hiragana alphas
Purple modifiers
Novelties
40% kit
Spacebar

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Capsy

« Reply #558 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 20:04:10 »
Woah. This is awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline neojonathan

« Reply #559 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 20:06:37 »
Hi everyone!

Monochrome base
Hiragana alphas
Purple modifiers
Novelties
40% kit
Spacebar

Do you know where we can look at the updated kits and updated renders?

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #560 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 20:09:12 »
it's Happening! With a monochrome base as well  :thumb:

« Reply #561 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 20:10:41 »
Hi everyone!

Monochrome base
Hiragana alphas
Purple modifiers
Novelties
40% kit
Spacebar

ILY

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #562 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 20:10:58 »
Hi everyone!

Monochrome base
Hiragana alphas
Purple modifiers
Novelties
40% kit
Spacebar

Do you know where we can look at the updated kits and updated renders?
We are still in the process of finalizing the kits for renders.

Will post them as soon as they are ready.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #563 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 20:25:32 »
Hi everyone!

Monochrome base
Hiragana alphas
Purple modifiers
Novelties
40% kit
Spacebar

God's work. Well done, very happy to see this on track.

Offline portbaron

« Reply #564 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 22:15:24 »
My body is ready
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline SleepIsAllINeed

« Reply #565 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 22:16:00 »
Can't wait for this set to come out :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #566 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 12:07:27 »
I've been watching this IC on and off the past few years, and I'm very glad to see this moving!  Always need more purple keysets.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #567 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 15:18:03 »
I've been interested in this set since I first saw it, and will definitely be in for the buy.

Offline WithoutWeakness

« Reply #568 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:22:01 »
I've been VERY interested in this set for a while now and thrilled to see it's continuing to make progress toward a GB. I was super excited at the original prospect of DSA profile from SP (especially with the palette of SP colors) but still excited for a GMK production run.

Since the current plan seems to be a GB through TheKeyCompany is there any chance of adding a R2 2U backspace to support the CandyBar keyboard from TKC? I know it's a super niche key but I'm hoping a partnership with TKC might make it a tad more possible.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #569 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:03:16 »
Hi Everyone! Jason here, chiming in. We are pleased to announce we will be heading off the group buy on GMK Black Lotus. Tentative date for launch is August 2019 due to many projects in our pipeline! Thank you for all of your interest and feedback!

Get the word out on this set, looks like another guy is trying to launch a set that looks almost exactly like this one!

Lastly, those that were wondering, we will of course be including keys to accommodate the CandyBar!

Offline neojonathan

« Reply #570 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:42:43 »
Hi Everyone! Jason here, chiming in. We are pleased to announce we will be heading off the group buy on GMK Black Lotus. Tentative date for launch is August 2019 due to many projects in our pipeline! Thank you for all of your interest and feedback!

Get the word out on this set, looks like another guy is trying to launch a set that looks almost exactly like this one!

Lastly, those that were wondering, we will of course be including keys to accommodate the CandyBar!

Can't wait !! Hoping to see updated renders soon : ) !!!

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #571 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:49:25 »

Im going on vacation with the whole family end of this week. Hope to get some headway on the kit finalization and get some renders in progress by then. At worst, third week of may.

« Reply #572 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 12:23:57 »

Im going on vacation with the whole family end of this week. Hope to get some headway on the kit finalization and get some renders in progress by then. At worst, third week of may.
So damn stoked!

Finally!

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #573 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 18:00:42 »

Love the keysets that TheKeyCompany prepares for us.
Just push them forward quickly.
First,Sanctuary Rebirth.
Then,GMK Black Lotus.
Make them quick.
Don't just seduce us and hang us there.  :p

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #574 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:40:09 »

Yaaaaaay! Thank you so much TKC!  :thumb:

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #575 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 20:21:46 »
Really excited at the news, though I will riot if the purple mods don't reach MOQ.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #576 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 20:27:25 »
Really excited at the news, though I will riot if the purple mods don't reach MOQ.
You and me both my man!

Offline WithoutWeakness

« Reply #577 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 08:41:14 »
Black alphas and purple mods is the only reason I am interested in this. If they fail to reach MOQ it would be a sad day for sure.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #578 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 19:32:50 »

Black alphas and purple mods is the only reason I am interested in this. If they fail to reach MOQ it would be a sad day for sure.

You and me both my man!

Seriously, purple mods should be the base kit, thats literally the reason we are here (the original renders/concept) 
Feels like the set was strong armed by a vocal minority into a monochrome base.. w.e

Offline comdata55

« Reply #579 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 19:47:25 »
I agree, monochrome base kit makes absolutely no sense and basically ignores 2.5 years of the interest check. May just skip and go for GMK First Love.

« Reply #580 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 19:49:03 »
X3 on the purple black being base... makes me real sad as a addon an I think that kind of ruins the set

Offline portbaron

« Reply #581 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 20:02:06 »
Purple mods base. That's what has been the plan for years. Mono can be an add on
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 20:47:47 »

I myself am glad to hear this, as I also want Sanctuary Rebirth, if these two sets run too close to each other, I have to give up one :(

and, yes, purple mods base please!!! ;D

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #583 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 06:46:12 »
Agreed on the purple mods being part of the base set...that's what caught my eye initially.

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #584 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:33:25 »
Yeah, +1 on the purple mods base. I’d say at least run a poll to see what the majority favors.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:55:56 »
If the purple mods are in the base kit, I still want to see the monochrome option being offered, whether that be in the base or the as a separate kit.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:02:20 »
To be perfectly honest, I think the base kit will do a lot better if it's offered as monochrome rather than with the OG purple mods. People in this thread will be very vocal in favour of the original version, for obvious reasons, plenty of us are very invested in this set from the very beginning and drastic changes like that are not very well received generally speaking.

That said, and as aforementioned, I truly do think that overall the reception will be better if the base is monochrome factoring in the amount of people I believe will be purchasing the set compared to the amount of people that are being vocal on here. I could be wrong though, and it's always going to be Potato's (and TKC's at this point I assume) decision in the end.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #587 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:24:30 »
I believe monochrome has only appeared due to recent trends as late, so going for the original planned purple mods is more appropriate in my view, unless everyone's emotions have changed for this set by wanting mono instead. Mono was mentioned further down in this IC too. I personally want both so will be joining regardless if it becomes purple mods as the base or vice versa.

Its still not quite clear to me if this set is going for icon mods or text or both even though the title says icon.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #588 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:34:30 »
any update?

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #589 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 13:19:26 »
I agree, monochrome base kit makes absolutely no sense and basically ignores 2.5 years of the interest check. May just skip and go for GMK First Love.

ditto.  I'll just get the purple mods and throw the monochrome mods away.  New owner can do what they want, but it sounds like more people are unhappy about the monochrome mods than are happy about it.

Offline fractl

« Reply #590 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 14:10:35 »
Changing the original intentions in regard to the base set doesn't seem fair to those people, like me, that have been faithfully keeping tabs on this for over two years.  Also, claiming that such comments belong to a vocal minority without having any facts about the percentage of people that feel that way sounds simply like someone who wants to get their way.  I won't buy this keyset if the base set isn't as originally planned, and I, obviously, would like to get my own way, but wouldn't pretend to know what is or isn't the popular opinion, without a poll or something.  Not that I consider a change fair to those that have remained loyal all this time, but life isn't always fair, and such a change would at least be based on something more than speculation or self-interest.

Hah hah, I'm typing this on a purple keyboard that I stayed up during the night to finish building.  I've wanted a purple keyboard since I first saw this interest check, and finally have one.  So, it would be really easy for me to claim that I know what the popular sentiment is, even if I don't.  But I will, at the very least, case a vote for purple mods in the bases kit.  And I will say that this is binary for me.  If that doesn't happen, I unnotify and am done.  I'm not being petulant.  There are much more important things in life to worry about.  Just stating what's right for me or not, that's all.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 14:33:46 »
Also, claiming that such comments belong to a vocal minority without having any facts about the percentage of people that feel that way sounds simply like someone who wants to get their way.  I won't buy this keyset if the base set isn't as originally planned, and I, obviously, would like to get my own way, but wouldn't pretend to know what is or isn't the popular opinion, without a poll or something(...)

(...)So, it would be really easy for me to claim that I know what the popular sentiment is, even if I don't.  But I will, at the very least, case a vote for purple mods in the bases kit.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guesstimate

Assuming this the statement above is (mostly) aimed at me and my previous post, it has nothing to do with "having it my way" or pretending to know something I don't know, seems pretty defensive to assume it does - it has to do with an approximate estimation based off of extraneous experience with buying/following however many sets for the past however many years, which I never claimed had any value to anyone other than myself; I also never claimed the people in this thread are the vocal minority, I implied it might be so due to the clear bias of people that have been following this for literal years (12 pages worth).

I was just sharing that I personally believe that despite me preferring the OG mods myself overall, the monochrome look will likely push out higher base set numbers than vice versa. Pretty disappointing that one could misunderstand what I said to this extent.

TKC is a very competent vendor and Potato has been around for a long time, I'm sure the situation will be evaluated (be it via poll or just judging the best outcome themselves) and they'll come to what they view as the correct decision.

« Reply #592 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 16:08:59 »
First things first, is the monochrome render even released yet?

Everyone saying it will make MOQ with the MC but we dont even really know what to expect yet...

So saying that it will sell more as MC is pure speculation.

Stick with the original idea because as MC it's not really Black Lotus anyways, and should probably have a different name vs piggy backing off a IC that had alot of popularity.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 16:21:01 »

Everyone saying it will make MOQ with the MC but we dont even really know what to expect yet...

I'm literally the only person that's said that I think. I appreciate the consideration but I don't think that qualifies as "everyone".

There's a render of monochrome + dual legends a few pages back, not made nor sourced by the OP/TKC however (which is what we should wait for and go off of).

Yes.

Bear in mind TKC is fairly known for/knowledgeable in the MC base + coloured mods area - they ran Terminal and SkIIdata, both of which were very successful with that same formula. This might be part of why OP's latest post hinted at a MC base + coloured mod pack rather than the other way around, but again, this is conjecture/speculation (which I thought went without saying in my previous posts) and a guesstimate based off it as well as a few other factors.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #594 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 16:25:31 »

Stick with the original idea because as MC it's not really Black Lotus anyways, and should probably have a different name vs piggy backing off a IC that had alot of popularity.

It was made a little while back, I think this is what started the monochrome requests. While I will be picking up both sets of modifiers for this set, I don't know how smart it is to go the purple mod in base route just because First Love exists (whether you agree with that or not). It seems like that one is going to run and it would be nice to have a differentiation that will allow this set to succeed without having to directly compete. Either way, this set has my full support.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 16:30:29 by Furikurichemy »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #595 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 18:05:08 »
>You want hiragana legends
>You want monochrome
>So you destroy the original base, add an option for the original mods and another option for hiragana alphas?
>Literally who would do this...

You sell the original base kit! And you sell a hiragana monochrome kit on the side. How hard do you need to make things lol FACEPALM

edited my ****etry
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 20:07:40 by lakeboredom »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #596 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 20:23:40 »
monochome or tri colour, just buy all the sets u pleb.

such a nice colourway ne ways
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 20:34:22 »
IMO, monochrome no longer has panache due to many monochrome sets recently.
Needing to buy base + colored mod would push down this set in my priority list.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #598 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 08:01:33 »
Hi everyone,

It was decided by myself and TKC (the official vendor) to run this set with the monochrome base. We believe it has the most probability of hitting MOQ for this to run smoothly. Ideally, we want to run the base set as cheap as possible while retaining the basic essence of the keyset design.

I was very hesitant at first because this set has been my baby for the past two years and ive seen the idea copied not only once but several times, but i am very thankful for the ones who have followed this set from the very beginning. I will ensure that purple on the renders would definately match the final mods and anyone who would buy the purple modifer kit would be very satisfied.

As for the modifiers, icon mods it is.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #599 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 10:01:04 »
ne black pink avial
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)