Author Topic: Signature Plastics for Filco?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Bongoojingie

Signature Plastics for Filco?
« on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 20:48:40 »
I'm getting a bit impatient waiting for group buy 4 and thinking I might just eat the cost and make my own order to speed things up.  

However, I'm not entirely sure what key family or mount (http://www.keycapsdirect.com/contact.php) are appropriate for a Filco MJ2 TKL.  

Is the function Row 5 or Row 1?
Realforce 87U Black Uniform 30g | Filco TKL Black Ergo Clear | Filco TKL White Ergo Clear | Filco TKL Linear R Limited | Custom Dell AT102W w/ White ALPS | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | TypeNow Solid Blues | SteelSeries 7G

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 20:52:25 »
i hope you know it's like 70 dollars for like 1 keycap (or something like that.. at least that's what i was quoted.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Bongoojingie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 20:58:08 »
Quote from: demik;429250
i hope you know it's like 70 dollars for like 1 keycap (or something like that.. at least that's what i was quoted.

Hmm, I might be forced into waiting for the group buy if that's true, didn't expect it to be that high.  Still interested in getting a quote though so I can possibly explore other colors/choices in the keys anyway.
Realforce 87U Black Uniform 30g | Filco TKL Black Ergo Clear | Filco TKL White Ergo Clear | Filco TKL Linear R Limited | Custom Dell AT102W w/ White ALPS | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | TypeNow Solid Blues | SteelSeries 7G

Offline slueth

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 21:06:14 »
I got $800 dollars a keyboard lol. The new topre keycaps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 21:06:33 »
if you're looking for blank, they are cheap. doubleshot or lasered, they are expensive.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Bongoojingie

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 21:16:05 »
Quote from: slueth;429258
I got $800 dollars a keyboard lol. The new topre keycaps.

Maybe I'll buy like 20 sets for a few thousand and resell them to get the pricing better, haha.  At least in removing the choice from all the options of the group buy it might speed things up...

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 05:45:15 »
The price of the keys goes DOWN as the number increases; the group buys are based on people ordering more and therefore the total count increasing. A good example would be the SC2 buy going on right now where, by ordering 100 of each key, the price per key dropped from 4.22~ to 1.44~ and therefore making the process cheaper for the participants.
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline Bongoojingie

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 October 2011, 09:01:12 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;429364
The price of the keys goes DOWN as the number increases; the group buys are based on people ordering more and therefore the total count increasing. A good example would be the SC2 buy going on right now where, by ordering 100 of each key, the price per key dropped from 4.22~ to 1.44~ and therefore making the process cheaper for the participants.

Yeah, I realize this.  I just didn't think it would be $800 for a single keyboard.  Thus my comments and buying 20 sets.  I think Keyboardlover was feeling the same way and started the PBT Dyesub group buy with only a single option.  It will make the process go so much quicker.

Offline N8N

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 09:11:31 »
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)