Author Topic: [IC] GMK『analogdreams』(GB Live)  (Read 93592 times)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [IC] GMK『analogdreams』
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 20:48:42 »
you got me with those beige alphas. very nice set, pwade

Offline pwade3

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 09:50:25 »
Sweet set! I'm a huuuuuge vaporwave fan so I hope top pick this up one day. I hope you could throw a 2u shift in there for weirdos like me, but if not...I guess I'll have to put it on another board  :'(

This might be the most pedantic nitpick of all time (so feel free to ignore it) , but shouldn't the name of the kit be digital dreams? Vaporwave encompasses (I'm not sure if that's the right word...) a nostalgia for the past, when we were promised the utopia of a digital age (which turned out to be false), so that promise is but a dream.

There is a 2u r4 blank in the base kit that could be used as either a shift or a spacebar for ortho boards!

As far as the name, I could make something up, but truth be told I was playing with a vaporwave name generator and I liked this one.  :))

Offline poolside

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 17:10:40 »
Looks great, I will be following this.

I feel like the set could use a bit more pop (R3 CapsLock/Control accents, F13 for the new Jane?), but it already has quite a lot of caps.

Will the JP add-on have the regular sub-legends from the Laser/Red Samurai/Bento sets or the more complete ones from Zambumon's sets? Number row keycaps from Serika and Striker feature additional sub-legends for instance.

Otherwise, I hope the 1.5u R4 CapsLock will make it into the final version.

Offline swirle13

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 15:50:32 »
So idk if anyone else said this, but I don't feel like the yellow fits. It makes it go from a vaporwave set to an easter set. Also I feel like the colors are slightly off. Looking at a bunch of vaporwave images, the pink and greens are both a bit more saturated than here, but that could be the render. Here's a reference of a bunch of vaporwave color combos together: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dantaki/vapeplot/master/examples/vapeplot.png

The artisans will absolutely make this set. Win95 win keys, roman statues/busts, palm trees (though those overlap with outrun), gameboys, japanese lettering, nineties colored shapes (a la https://previews.123rf.com/images/helenlane/helenlane1610/helenlane161000676/63602559-seamless-pattern-with-triangles-in-vaporwave-colors.jpg)

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 23:28:26 »
I can't get those valentines day heart candies out of my head when I look at this, especially the escape key.

I would love to see some more board renders.

Offline Karni

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:40:08 »
1.25 tab would make me cream : )

Offline keimura

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 16:54:43 »
Looks awesome!

Offline CaedanLavender

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 14:40:28 »
Any updated on this? The kit looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pwade3

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 13:14:08 »

I've received some pricing info, but I realized there's a few tweaks to the kits that need to be made.

I'm currently leaning hard towards doing numpad/ISO as a combined separate kit so as to lower the base price a little bit.

But things are still in the works, rest assured! ;D

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 16:30:38 »

I've received some pricing info, but I realized there's a few tweaks to the kits that need to be made.

I'm currently leaning hard towards doing numpad/ISO as a combined separate kit so as to lower the base price a little bit.

Separate the numpad from base if you must, but I wouldn't subsidize ISO by lumping it in with the numpad kit.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 21:15:02 »
Separate the numpad from base if you must, but I wouldn't subsidize ISO by lumping it in with the numpad kit.

Worked for Minimal and a couple other sets that have tried it.

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 21:41:25 »

Worked for Minimal and a couple other sets that have tried it.
Nevermind, got basic ISO and Norde mixed up. Just a few caps shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline pwade3

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 23:29:26 »
Nevermind, got basic ISO and Norde mixed up. Just a few caps shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly!

With such a small amount of ISO stuff, I'd rather just stick it in with the numpad than risk it not hitting MOQ at all and having to deal with that headache.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 13:46:08 »
So will this set have japanese legends as alphas?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 13:51:31 »
So will this set have japanese legends as alphas?
Not as default, but as a separate kit!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 15:56:54 »

With ISO caps going in with numpad, could we get the couple of extra caps needed to make it work with UK ISO? 3/£ etc.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 June 2019, 01:05:44 by lewisflude »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 08:33:05 »
Funny... When I first saw that set, I thought colors were ugly.
Then I kept looking at them.. looking.. looking.. and now I must have it:)
I like this retro looking colors.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 09:05:42 »
Looks a bit like bubblegum.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 21:40:00 »
Hi folks, still working on getting pricing for all the kits, but in the meantime I wanted to show you guys the novelty designs for the set done by the always wonderful outragedpudding.

I'm still working on figuring out how the kit itself will look (which colors to use, etc) but I wanted to at least show the designs since I'm so happy with how they turned out.

The Japanese text is a translation of "Analog Dreams" and is going to be an enter key, if you couldn't guess. Extra thanks to tokyocoffeenerd for the translation!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 01:48:17 »
Hi folks, still working on getting pricing for all the kits, but in the meantime I wanted to show you guys the novelty designs for the set done by the always wonderful outragedpudding.

I'm still working on figuring out how the kit itself will look (which colors to use, etc) but I wanted to at least show the designs since I'm so happy with how they turned out.

The Japanese text is a translation of "Analog Dreams" and is going to be an enter key, if you couldn't guess. Extra thanks to tokyocoffeenerd for the translation!

Lovely novelties! Really dig the diskette and the Windows icons.

Excited for this!

Offline phinix

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 06:09:41 »
Yep,floppy is a must:)

I was wondering, what if you add some pastel orange to the set?
Like in XDA Canvas... just a thought.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 June 2019, 06:20:04 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
The novelties are great, will they be the same colours as the mods?

Offline vicissitude

Definitely a dream set.
Please push the GB forward.

Offline Nerdbot5000

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 12:30:12 »

Looking good! As always, I am going to please ask for  1.75 (caps lock) novelty. Thanks!

Offline pwade3

Definitely a dream set.

We're looking at early November through Novelkeys.

Looking good! As always, I am going to please ask for  1.75 (caps lock) novelty. Thanks!

Hm, unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen, but we'll see how things shake out. Got a lot of time till GB still.

Offline vicissitude

Definitely a dream set.

Very happy to hear that.
Almost a frequent buyer of Novelkeys.
Wish it grow bigger and provide more.  :thumb:

Offline iaman

Dang, Novelkeys got both this and Vaporwave! Really locking down a e s t h e t i c, great for them

Offline poolside

How about a LaserDisc novelty to go along with the floppy?

Offline pwade3

Show Image

Hah, love the idea, but for the amount of colors I'm leaning towards, I think I'm already pushing the amount of designs.

Offline pnkpanther65

no anal og november

Offline poolside

Show Image

Hah, love the idea, but for the amount of colors I'm leaning towards, I think I'm already pushing the amount of designs.

Would the novelties be included in the base set?

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
I feel like the pink on the floral shoppe album cover is close to a pantone 708c, if that's what you're referencing with the enter
221977-0
221979-1
I like the current colourway, but I'm not sure which exact ones you're going with yet. It would be great to get an idea once you've decided, for clarity

Offline pwade3

Show Image

Would the novelties be included in the base set?

For pricing's sake, novelties will be a separate kit.

I feel like the pink on the floral shoppe album cover is close to a pantone 708c, if that's what you're referencing with the enter
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I like the current colourway, but I'm not sure which exact ones you're going with yet. It would be great to get an idea once you've decided, for clarity

The pantones I've been working with are:

Green 0921 C
Magenta 0521 C
Yellow 0131 C
2582 C

I wasn't necessarily going for a 1:1 match on the magenta/pink match to floral shoppe, moreso a loosely-inspired colorway of that, and "vaporwave" in general.

I started off designing this set by playing with some pastels, and once I threw in the beige it kinda came together as a vaporwave set in my mind.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
Excited to see UK-ISO in base! 100% in for this.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
Thanks!

Offline ninjacore

I can’t unsee this as GMK Candy Hearts

Offline pwade3

OP updated with kits and pricing!

Let me know what you think.

Offline SuperUltra

I really like this set. I like it so much that I'll be joining in for base + hiragana + novelties (oof my money). Funny how Novelkeys is doing the GB for this and GMK Vaporwave.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
Yeah wow, I'll be in for base, hiragana, spacebars and novelties $262 oof

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
OP updated with kits and pricing!

Let me know what you think.

Would like to see UK-ISO in the Numpad/ISO kit. It’s only a couple of caps and would make a big difference for UK buyers.

Hoping the fact there’s a separate kit makes it viable!

Offline SeamansBeard

Love how this is more vaporwave then GMK Vaporwave! And a suggestion: How about putting ISO with a international kit?

Offline pwade3

Would like to see UK-ISO in the Numpad/ISO kit. It’s only a couple of caps and would make a big difference for UK buyers.

Like the 3 numrow caps? That could be possible, but I'd have to see how pricing changes.

Love how this is more vaporwave then GMK Vaporwave! And a suggestion: How about putting ISO with a international kit?

Frankly if I did an international kit I don't think any ISO users would end up with the set. GMK Pulse is currently sitting at 13 int kits sold, and I think a set on Drop would have way better chances of hitting MOQ than this set.

At least this way it's still usable for ISO, but a little imperfect.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering

Like the 3 numrow caps? That could be possible, but I'd have to see how pricing changes.

Exactly, I think that would take this set from “gorgeous but wrong legends” to “perfect”. I know at least a few UK folks who are planning to pick up this set, so those caps would definitely get used.

I think for a while we had UK-ISO in base in GMK sets, and although it’s good to keep costs down it’d be great to still have access to those caps!

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 00:21:48 by lewisflude »

Offline phinix

Exactly, I think that would take this set from “gorgeous but wrong legends” to “perfect”. I know at least a few UK folks who are planning to pick up this set, so those caps would definitely get used.

I think for a while we had UK-ISO in base in GMK sets, and although it’s good to keep costs down it’d be great to still have access to those caps!

I totally agree. I like how UK ISO caps were added into base kit in the past.
These are just 2 or 3 caps, which should raise the price too much and would make huge difference for UK peeps.
For me for example, sometimes unfortunately it is no-go if these are not included. If there is ISO Enter, short left Shift, slash cap and hash, why not add just those "@", "2" and "3" caps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 03:21:55 by phinix »

Offline KMPLSV

this is a beautiful looking set. i'd love to get my hands on it. nice work!

Offline 1corazon

Count me in !!!!

Offline dydy124

I'm buying as is! Count me in!

Offline BarelyDutch

Super interested in this!  Love the alphas/novelties

Offline chanzjj

Any chance for yellow numpad enter key?