Author Topic: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)  (Read 72295 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] Siso keyset (new mockups)
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 15:04:25 »
At the end of the day this being on MD with always have more exposure seeing as they send out newsletters and have other drops that may bait people into seeing this. I personally like MD and haven't had any real issues.

GMK and MD would be my vote for doing this. Keeping it just on here and being GMK will be a challenge. I can't think of any GMK sets that passed  MOQ this year that have not had a storefront, but just a normal post and made MOQ.

Did Miami Nights have a storefront?

Ivan did have to buy a lot to meet MOQ, though. Without that, it wouldn't have made it.

All praise the Ivan.

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 15:04:53 »
I got a 27% VAT here so MD custom declarations f***ed me up a lot  :'(

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 15:20:22 »
At the end of the day this being on MD with always have more exposure seeing as they send out newsletters and have other drops that may bait people into seeing this. I personally like MD and haven't had any real issues.

GMK and MD would be my vote for doing this. Keeping it just on here and being GMK will be a challenge. I can't think of any GMK sets that passed  MOQ this year that have not had a storefront, but just a normal post and made MOQ.

Did Miami Nights have a storefront?

Ivan did have to buy a lot to meet MOQ, though. Without that, it wouldn't have made it.

All praise the Ivan.

Have you honestly read his latest response? No mention of anything moving forward, just a PSA to stop making PayPal disputes. I get it he has an awesome history of past GB, but Miami Nights is looking a little sour now.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 07:36:23 »
Ok guys, I still have nothing new to report. But I did want to let you know that MD will be a last resort.
I would also like to wait and see if JTK opens up to community buys in 2016. Because GMK doesn't have the right colors for this set and would require custom colors from them and I wouldn't be able to get my Windows v1 logo for the OS keys. And SP's DCS isn't what I want for this GB.

This is one of my dream sets, and I'm willing to take the time it needs to be done right.

On a side note. I'm working on a new project that will probably be done with SP DCS dye-sub caps. I'm still working on all the legends, so it's still a work in progress. But please come and have a look, and give me your feedback.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77809.0

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:38:34 »
Hoping to see this come out in 2016
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:35:13 »
could you add a blue additional spacebars on siso color kit? it would be perfect!!~  :thumb:

Hoping to see this come out in 2016

yeah hope it too..

Offline E3E

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:49:55 »
Ok guys, I still have nothing new to report. But I did want to let you know that MD will be a last resort.
I would also like to wait and see if JTK opens up to community buys in 2016. Because GMK doesn't have the right colors for this set and would require custom colors from them and I wouldn't be able to get my Windows v1 logo for the OS keys. And SP's DCS isn't what I want for this GB.

This is one of my dream sets, and I'm willing to take the time it needs to be done right.

On a side note. I'm working on a new project that will probably be done with SP DCS dye-sub caps. I'm still working on all the legends, so it's still a work in progress. But please come and have a look, and give me your feedback.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77809.0

I'm super happy to see take on a no compromises approach to your keyset, man. That's passion right there! I definitely want to see this set in a true blue Cherry profile with that sick Windows 1.0 logo on the OS key. Throw backs and vintage stuff is amazing. It's a big reason I love my FAME much, as silly as it is, for the vintage Samsung sticker it has on it before they went to the modern logo.

Good luck on this, man, and your dyesubbed DCS keyset sounds neat too!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:12:59 »
still waiting this set to come out :)

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 02:19:37 »
[/quote

it just looks like sky dolch to me
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 06:30:24 »

I was working and posting mockups almost 3 months before SkyDolch was announced anywhere.

There are also a few differences with SISO and SkyDolch.
SISO uses a lighter gray for the mod keys, has RGB (legend) mods, Windows 1.0 logo for the OS keys, had planned for for blue accent keys from the start

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 07:04:12 »

I was working and posting mockups almost 3 months before SkyDolch was announced anywhere.

SISO uses a lighter gray for the mod keys, has RGB (legend) mods, Windows 1.0 logo for the OS keys, had planned for for blue accent keys from the start

and im still waiting this :thumb: :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
i really like the mod keys with RGB
the blue accent on F1-F12 Keys
just add a blue standalone spacebars and it will be perfect

oh yeah and the most important its cover many layout compatibility
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 June 2016, 11:05:38 by gadzkun »

Offline Data

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 18:36:03 »

Sky Dolch is amazing, so any comparison is a compliment.  It also doesn't look like Sherryton is going to run it again anytime soon so I'd say you have the all-clear if it's something you've been considering.

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 10:33:45 »
please offer a euro kit - then I'll be in

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 12:41:33 »
Id be well in for this

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 17:26:27 »

Sky Dolch is amazing, so any comparison is a compliment.  It also doesn't look like Sherryton is going to run it again anytime soon so I'd say you have the all-clear if it's something you've been considering.

he's running it again right now.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 18:09:45 »
The 1.25u Shift should have legend and icon to be consistent with the rest of the shift keys.

Offline richard912

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 00:44:57 »
Hope this set gets to see the light of day soon