Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 355341 times)

Offline KyleZhuang

Re: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 20:02:52 »
Got some news for you guys.

Yuri will be manufactured by GMK and sold on Massdrop. It will get 3 custom colors. And most importantly it will get doubleshot cyrillics and doubleshot latin letters! We are speaking here of complete alpha overhaul. Its gonna be a little bit pricier than Carbon and it will get an MOQ of 250. I think Yuri with cyrillics can beat 250 MOQ easily.

I got to develop Cyrillics now. Bye! :)
Fantastic!!!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline lildragonbuns

• Formerly ilovekeycaps
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 20:11:48 »
Happy that this went to GMK instead. Not a fan of SA profile at all  :p

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 23:03:11 »
Got some news for you guys.

Yuri will be manufactured by GMK and sold on Massdrop. It will get 3 custom colors. And most importantly it will get doubleshot cyrillics and doubleshot latin letters! We are speaking here of complete alpha overhaul. Its gonna be a little bit pricier than Carbon and it will get an MOQ of 250. I think Yuri with cyrillics can beat 250 MOQ easily.

I got to develop Cyrillics now. Bye! :)

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! I'm going to start saving money now for this set. wooooooooooooohooooooooooo!

Offline anorphirith

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 00:09:26 »
i'd def buy

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 00:29:13 »
This is freaking awesome.  MiniVan support would push this beyond end game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline harlw

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 09:31:19 »
Gonna need some more ergodox love like Carbon gave us! Loooove this set.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 14:57:40 »
And so it beginns... Reinventing the wheel...

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #507 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 20:57:11 »
GMK with Latin legends made this set a non-starter for me.  GMK with Cyrillic put this set back on my radar.  Will the mods also be Cyrillic for the GMK set?

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #508 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 21:52:14 »
And so it beginns... Reinventing the wheel...
Show Image

make the wheel square again! jokes aside, I'm hyped as hell for this set. more renders/pics when you can please  :thumb:

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 18:54:43 »
How exciting - it looks amazing, I'll definitely be in on this one! I don't speak Russian but dang those Cyrillic caps look good and really make the theme.

Offline Mr Mulch

« Reply #510 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 07:51:28 »
Definitely in for this one

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #511 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 17:04:15 »

Offline Data

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 09:58:57 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #513 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 09:37:08 »
Say hello to the first cherry cyrillics. By "first" i mean a proper cyrillics and not the frankenstein ugly something look a like cyrillics you know.
normal

bold

Still working on cherry latins. But its just a breeze if you compare it with cyrillics. Got a half of them already as aresult of cyrillics development.

Anyway as i said already, people who have experience in TYPOGRAPHY, i can really need your help in form fo critics and suggestion. Keep in mind that i am developing here, is not only for Yuri but for every upcomming GMK set which is intended to offer cyrillics. This is that you will see in other cyrillics sets! So please take it seriously even if you dont like Yuri. In the end this is more about community.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:08:24 by T0mb3ry »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #514 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:11:51 »
Any chance to have a render with your proposed legends? Also, if I understood well, both legends, Latin and Cyrillic will be double shot, right?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #515 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:15:18 »
Any chance to have a render with your proposed legends? Also, if I understood well, both legends, Latin and Cyrillic will be double shot, right?
Exactly. Yuri will introduce this combination and it will be available for all upcoming sets.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #516 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:21:32 »
Exactly. Yuri will introduce this combination and it will be available for all upcoming sets.

Wow, well, that will be wonderful, I just regret this may run on MD that does not serve my current location. I hope in the future other sets running on other channels include the new legends.

I suppose these legends will be molded at the first shot, both Latin and Cyrillic, and the key body in the second one, but not triple shot, right?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #517 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:28:21 »

Wow, well, that will be wonderful, I just regret this may run on MD that does not serve my current location. I hope in the future other sets running on other channels include the new legends.

I suppose these legends will be molded at the first shot, both Latin and Cyrillic, and the key body in the second one, but not triple shot, right?

Thats right. Anyway since GMK will have the svg files, the possibility for tripple shot will be still open. But right now its only double shot.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #518 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:35:52 »

Thats right. Anyway since GMK will have the svg files, the possibility for tripple shot will be still open. But right now its only double shot.

I bet a triple shot set will get the attention of thousands.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #519 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:40:42 »

Edit: completely missed the point as expected, edited accordingly.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 11:06:45 by Vigrith »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #520 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:47:16 »

I think your Cyrillics are looking great, very exciting! I may be missing the obvious here but as it stands there'll just be one option for Yuri when it comes to the legends correct, Cyrillic on top and Latin front print? Or would there be other possibilities like just Cyrillic/just Latin top printed? I'm assuming it'd be way more expensive to have three different choices.

Ok you did not read it properly but i repeat it for you. Both latin and cyrillics will be double shot and not printed. There will be no option for only latin or cyrillics.

In the end the legends will look like this (keep in mind the cyrillics in the picture are printed) but not that crappy and double shot in one color:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #521 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 11:13:43 »
Ok you did not read it properly but i repeat it for you. Both latin and cyrillics will be double shot and not printed. There will be no option for only latin or cyrillics.

In the end the legends will look like this (keep in mind the cyrillics in the picture are printed) but not that crappy and double shot in one color:

I apologise for misunderstanding, appreciate you taking the time to clarify and finding a picture to illustrate the idea, I'm not really familiar with the terminology that is associated with this whole thing as I'm pretty much new here - I was aware these are double shot but misused the word "printed" so thanks for correcting me.

Looking forward to further updates!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #522 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 11:18:38 »

I apologise for misunderstanding, appreciate you taking the time to clarify and finding a picture to illustrate the idea, I'm not really familiar with the terminology that is associated with this whole thing as I'm pretty much new here - I was aware these are double shot but misused the word "printed" so thanks for correcting me.

Looking forward to further updates!

I do not criticize you for that. Thats the common thing here and it is also common that i have to repeat things. Probably the problem here is my lack of proper english and  because of that i cant express my points as good as possible :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #523 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 11:30:53 »
I do not criticize you for that. Thats the common thing here and it is also common that i have to repeat things. Probably the problem here is my lack of proper english and  because of that i cant express my points as good as possible :)

I think your English is very good actually but it's not my native language either so I know what you mean, there's so much specific vocabulary associated with this subject that it's hard to keep up some times especially for people who are just starting out like myself. :)

That said, your explanation helped me fully understand the idea for the legends and layout for the set so thank you again, I think having both the cyrillics and latins like that will look great with your newly designed lettering. Can't wait for it to be finished!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #524 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 14:11:30 »
Ok latins are also ready. Here are cyrillics and latins together.

Note its close to original cherry but not 1 to 1 exactly. For example "S" has more twist in the middle than original cherry "S". If you mind i can change that.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #525 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 14:15:20 »
Ok latins are also ready. Here are cyrillics and latins together.
Show Image

Note its close to original cherry but not 1 to 1 exactly. For example "S" has more twist in the middle than original cherry "S". If you mind i can change that.

The original S is more fluid, the one in your render appears to be slightly broken in its vertical center line, as if the curves do not join exactly at the same height.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #526 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:21:45 »
Small preview. This might look a little bit overloaded (probably i have too much from making of legends).

I will fix "S" later.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #527 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:55:09 »
Small preview. This might look a little bit overloaded (probably i have too much from making of legends).
Show Image

I will fix "S" later.

Maybe it's just my eyes, but the latest render does seem to be really busy. Maybe it's because both latin and cyrillics legends are of the same colour? For some reason my eyes just seems to tie themselves up in a knot looking at the alphas area  :confused:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Lost2Frostbite

« Reply #528 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:02:01 »
If these previews become the final product I would buy it in a second! Keep up the good work.

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #529 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:03:00 »
Show Image

I will fix "S" later.

Maybe it's just my eyes, but the latest render does seem to be really busy. Maybe it's because both latin and cyrillics legends are of the same colour? For some reason my eyes just seems to tie themselves up in a knot looking at the alphas area  :confused:

Agreed. There is a little too much orange, where in previous renders some of the legends were black at least.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #530 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:06:12 »
Yes its the orange legends.
Here is just the blue version. And it look far better. The orange letters go well only with single letters. Now that a lesson :)

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #531 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:09:03 »
So with the shift to GMK will there still be all of the other sets?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #532 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:15:17 »
Here is just the blue version. And it look far better. The orange letters go well only with single letters. Now that a lesson :)
Show Image

I was also thinking that the font color in the original would be a bit much with double legends.

I was

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #533 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:16:38 »

You mean Yuri in SA Profile? Sure. I hope SP gets better lead times so you dont need to wait half a year.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #534 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:26:21 »

This seems better.   :thumb:

Maybe triple-shot dark latin and orange cyrillic legends would fit better with your original vision? I'd imagine that would make the set very pricey though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:29:43 by duynguyenle »
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #535 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:28:46 »
Show Image

This seems better.  :thumb:

Maybe triple-shot dark latin and orange cyrillic legends would fit better with your original vision? I'd imagine that would make the set very pricey though.

I'd still pay for it :D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #536 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:29:27 »
Show Image

That would be my dream :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:38:57 by T0mb3ry »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #537 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:54:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

I would pay good money for that right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #538 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:58:28 »
I'll talk to GMK about a possibility for a trippleshot but i suppose the chances are almost zero... But imagine if....

Offline ba7777

[IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #539 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:13:10 »
I have a dream too.... One day a reasonable priced triple shot GMK set will come true.

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #540 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:15:07 »
Show Image

Show Image

wonderful!I love triple-color alpha keys!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #541 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:27:38 »

You mean Yuri in SA Profile? Sure. I hope SP gets better lead times so you dont need to wait half a year.

I meant the cool looking novelties, Planck, and Ergodox kits and things, still the same, but in GMK instead.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:40:52 »

I meant the cool looking novelties, Planck, and Ergodox kits and things, still the same, but in GMK instead.

I need to be careful here. This is not Carbon in terms of popularity. So i have to watch the interest over time. If its big enough i'll split alphas from base set and offer keybaord related modifier kits.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #543 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 20:42:27 »
[That would be my dream :)
Show Image

That right there is the dream for sure, I would throw so much money at my screen for that. Your letter designs turned out very well in my opinion, good job!

Out of either both in orange or both in blue I prefer the blue, the orange looks way cooler but it just seems a little bit too cluttered and messy with so much going on in such a vibrant colour.

Love the novelties btw!

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #544 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 21:59:13 »

I need to be careful here. This is not Carbon in terms of popularity. So i have to watch the interest over time. If its big enough i'll split alphas from base set and offer keybaord related modifier kits.

Well, I can't help with the SA buy, as I discovered that I'm not a huge fan of SA, but if you can get it through to GMK with an Ergodox kit like Carbon's I will buy that **** in a hot second.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #545 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 22:36:31 »
Show Image

Show Image

Single character Cyrillic legends would be great for me because I use Colemak and wouldn't have to look at a QWERTY layout, but this is seriously amazing!

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #546 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 22:47:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

That looks amazing, I do still like the dark blue legends but this easily takes the cake.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #547 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 23:44:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

aren't we all dreamer? if tripleshot comes true I'll throw my wallet, my kitchen sink and whatever I can grab at you in an instant!  :eek:

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 06:58:09 »
Holy craaaaaaaaap the triple shot mock ups look so good! I usually don't get hyped until I see the 3d renders but this is just incredible! :eek:

Offline Data

« Reply #549 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 08:46:15 »
Show Image

Show Image

It's so good.  So... so good.