Author Topic: [IC] GMK White on Black and Magenta Mod Pack [LIVE!]  (Read 91337 times)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: [IC] GMK White on Black and Magenta Mod Pack [30/7: Pricing!]
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 09:57:02 »
I think , someone here asked to see actual pictures of the diamonds, I borrow this picture from Vergil@DT.

Show Image

I've got some HADapters coming too, can't wait to stop using these crappy non-GMK moggles with my cherry doubleshots!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline effectiveduck

Re: [IC] GMK White on Black and Magenta Mod Pack [9/8: New Render!]
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:22:59 »

Updated render! Looks perfect to me but please let me know if you notice anything wrong. :thumb:

Also I had to use yet another site to host the image, hopefully it works for everyone, please let me know if it doesn't.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:25:58 »
Show Image

Updated render! Looks perfect to me but please let me know if you notice anything wrong. :thumb:

Also I had to use yet another site to host the image, hopefully it works for everyone, please let me know if it doesn't.

Heck yes, diamonds. Diamonds in my eyes. Diamonds in the sky. Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:28:12 »
This is my end game key set, I would not need anything else beyond the simplicity and beauty it has, thank you for the hard work.

Offline joey

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:30:49 »
This is my end game key set, I would not need anything else beyond the simplicity and beauty it has, thank you for the hard work.
Exactly. Now I just need to get a beautiful board that deserves these!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:34:13 »
Exactly. Now I just need to get a beautiful board that deserves these!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 00:39:17 »
Show Image

Is this compatible with g90-1800, please add bars, also with an addon if it doesn't fit the main set.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 00:50:40 »
Show Image

Is this compatible with g90-1800, please add bars, also with an addon if it doesn't fit the main set.

It is compatible with 1800 keyboards and bars will be added if we reach 250 MOQ.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 00:57:41 »
I got the board and the artisan and the only thing left is just this set

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 02:30:55 »
Show Image

**** yes! I might just have to get two!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 03:42:50 »
So elegant

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 10:17:55 »
Show Image

It is compatible with 1800 keyboards and bars will be added if we reach 250 MOQ.

Just a few sets that are still in the works are actually compatible with 1800 keyboards, this is one of them, if it hits production first, it would be the first set with full 1800 compatibility, because, it includes a 6u space bar, that some 1800 need and also 7u space bar that some other 1800 models need.

Edit: Here is a sample of 1800 models; there are two main types, the ISO (6u) and the ANSI (7u), and they are partially covered, there are a couple of 1u mods missing Alt and Ctrl  fully. Pictures are not mine, I borrowed them from the Post your 1800... in the media sub forum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 13:14:12 by ideus »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:05:23 »

Just a few sets that are still in the works are actually compatible with 1800 keyboards, this is one of them, if it hits production first, it would be the first set with full 1800 compatibility, because, it includes a 6u space bar, that some 1800 need and also 7u space bar that some other 1800 models need.

Edit: Here is a sample of 1800 models; there are two main types, the ISO (6u) and the ANSI (7u), and they are partially covered, there are a couple of 1u mods missing Alt and Ctrl  fully. Pictures are not mine, I borrowed them from the Post your 1800... in the media sub forum.

Ideus, after looking at 1800 boards for a while, I think official Cherry-produced boards only comes in two variants, older 1800 with 1.5u mods and 7u spacebar, no winkey or menu. And newer 186x boards that has 7x1u mods (all the ones you would expect from a modern keyboard) and a 6u spacebar. I'm fairly sure I've seen the newer 186x variant in both ISO and ANSI (likewise for the older 1800 boards).

The boards with the other layout such as 6x1u mods with 7u spacebar looks unfamiliar. I'm unsure if Cherry ever made boards with those layouts, but I do know that aftermarket 1800 PCBs like Leeku1800 does support those.

I believe this set will fully cover the older style WKL 1800 board with appropriate legends, but not the newer 186x style ones (unless you're willing to have the legends not match the keys, in which case it's possible, since you do have enough R4 1u keys: 2x1u Winkey, 2x Diamonds, Ctrl and Alt, and the Fn key).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:13:52 »

Ideus, after looking at 1800 boards for a while, I think official Cherry-produced boards only comes in two variants, older 1800 with 1.5u mods and 7u spacebar, no winkey or menu. And newer 186x boards that has 7x1u mods (all the ones you would expect from a modern keyboard) and a 6u spacebar. I'm fairly sure I've seen the newer 186x variant in both ISO and ANSI (likewise for the older 1800 boards).

The boards with the other layout such as 6x1u mods with 7u spacebar looks unfamiliar. I'm unsure if Cherry ever made boards with those layouts, but I do know that aftermarket 1800 PCBs like Leeku1800 does support those.

I believe this set will fully cover the older style WKL 1800 board with appropriate legends, but not the newer 186x style ones (unless you're willing to have the legends not match the keys, in which case it's possible, since you do have enough R4 1u keys: 2x1u Winkey, 2x Diamonds, Ctrl and Alt, and the Fn key).

I had one 1800 with ANSI layout, 6u space bar and 1u modifiers, I still have some pictures of the set I sold, check them and you will see it is an authentic OG Cherry, that I think was a 1800 old POS keyboard.

You can see the 1u modifiers in this picture.

In this picture, you can see the 6u space bar, that was an authentic OG Cherry one, made of PBT with off centered stem.

Here you have my proof of ownership.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:16:09 by ideus »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #264 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:21:25 »

I had one 1800 with ANSI layout, 6u space bar and 1u modifiers, I still have some pictures of the set I sold, check them and you will see it is an authentic OG Cherry, that I think was a 1800 old POS keyboard.

Show Image

Show Image

In this picture, you can see the 6u space bar, that was an authentic OG Cherry one, made of PBT with off centered stem.

Show Image

Oh I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying all of the boards I've seen with the 1u mods have been newer types (1865 or whatever), and all 1800 boards I've come across have had 1.5u WKL arrangements.No doubt Cherry and their crazy naming convention makes things a lot more convoluted than it should be. I was just trying to make a generalisation about the main 1800 layouts and making a comment on how this keyset would fit both types.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:27:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying all of the boards I've seen with the 1u mods have been newer types (1865 or whatever), and all 1800 boards I've come across have had 1.5u WKL arrangements.No doubt Cherry and their crazy naming convention makes things a lot more convoluted than it should be. I was just trying to make a generalisation about the main 1800 layouts and making a comment on how this keyset would fit both types.

I am not really familiar with 1800s, beyond the few samples I had in the past, I just try to provide some evidence for the people interested to figure out if the set covers their needs; in my humble opinion, the set as is now, is quite comprehensive already, that I would not ask for anything else; but, if the OP wants it to cover everything it may need a couple extra 1u mods, maybe, but the extra diamonds of the same size may replace those key caps; however, for the super-conservative extra picky collector, they may be a need, though.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:55:28 by ideus »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:17:14 »

I am not really familiar with 1800s, beyond the few samples I had in the past, I just try to provide some evidence for the people interested to figure out if the set covers their needs; in my humble opinion, the set as is now, is quite comprehensive already, that I would not ask for anything else; but, if the OP wants it to cover everything it may need a couple extra 1u mods, maybe, but the extra diamonds of the same size may replace those key caps; however, for the super-conservative extra picky collector, they may be a need, though.

I agree, most 1800 sets I've seen cater to the old WKL 1800 layout. This is one of the few that will conceivably cover a winkey 1800 as well (with a few minor niggles). For me personally I'm just happy to see ISO Shift and Enter!

Also, your 1800 set in the picture, I've never seen any 1800 keyset so vibrant. I assume it's a mixture of 1800 alphas and colourful mods from some other sets? I have never come across any 1800 with purple mods (or maybe I haven't been looking hard enough). Pity I wasn't lurking around when you were selling your set  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:59:54 »

I agree, most 1800 sets I've seen cater to the old WKL 1800 layout. This is one of the few that will conceivably cover a winkey 1800 as well (with a few minor niggles). For me personally I'm just happy to see ISO Shift and Enter!

Also, your 1800 set in the picture, I've never seen any 1800 keyset so vibrant. I assume it's a mixture of 1800 alphas and colourful mods from some other sets? I have never come across any 1800 with purple mods (or maybe I haven't been looking hard enough). Pity I wasn't lurking around when you were selling your set  :thumb:

Oh no, no, it is not a single set, it is a 1800 set and the other keys that came from different Ivan's GBs, the purple mods were in one, the colored escape keys came from another one along with the space bars and I mixed some other SP modifiers and single keys. At some level I regret a bit that I have sold it; but, now with this set coming I would not regret it anymore, this set will be complete and nothing will be missing.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 18:02:36 by ideus »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 18:40:01 »

Oh no, no, it is not a single set, it is a 1800 set and the other keys that came from different Ivan's GBs, the purple mods were in one, the colored escape keys came from another one along with the space bars and I mixed some other SP modifiers and single keys. At some level I regret a bit that I have sold it; but, now with this set coming I would not regret it anymore, this set will be complete and nothing will be missing.

I'm gonna pick this set up for sure. WoB is timeless, just goes with everything! Maybe it's a sign of age but I don't really get excited by all these Technicolor sets as much as I used to. Just give me OG Beige Cherry or something simple. Or Dolch. Love me some Dolch... Can't get enough of the stuff!

Offline dbucklin

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:24:41 »
Count me in. I want a bunch of GMK sets so I can mix and match.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 14:35:51 »

I'm gonna pick this set up for sure. WoB is timeless, just goes with everything! Maybe it's a sign of age but I don't really get excited by all these Technicolor sets as much as I used to. Just give me OG Beige Cherry or something simple. Or Dolch. Love me some Dolch... Can't get enough of the stuff!

It is a sign of a well refined good taste, that feels comfortable with minimalism and function over form.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 13:39:13 »

It is a sign of a well refined good taste, that feels comfortable with minimalism and function over form.

Thanks for your kind words, my friends would've just call me a boring old ****  :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 16:14:28 »
Any updates on pricing? I understand if you want to wait until the GB phase to disclose that information; but, just wondering.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 20:21:23 »
Any updates on pricing? I understand if you want to wait until the GB phase to disclose that information; but, just wondering.

We will be running this set a little bit differently, for each milestone (250, 500 sets sold, etc) there will be a price reduction and a few keys added at each. So we're waiting on pricing for each tier with the additional keys from GMK, once we have that we will factor in all the additional costs and give a price break down.

We also added 2 small keys to the base set.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 20:40:20 »

We will be running this set a little bit differently, for each milestone (250, 500 sets sold, etc) there will be a price reduction and a few keys added at each. So we're waiting on pricing for each tier with the additional keys from GMK, once we have that we will factor in all the additional costs and give a price break down.

Great news, thank you very much for the feedback, the set is getting even better.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 21:08:40 »

What could they be? I wonder if this will help bump interest...  :rolleyes:

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 21:20:17 »

nipples?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 22:05:37 »

What could they be? I wonder if this will help bump interest...  ::)

nipples?

Bars maybe?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 22:28:16 »

Very interested, thank you :-)))))

Nothing bars us from entering now.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 22:54:35 »
Hey, got an update for everyone.

These sets will be launching around the 2nd-5th of September!

Big thanks to jchan94 for graciously pushing his GB back a couple of weeks for us to proceed first.

I'll have a few more updates regarding pricing, how long the GB will be open, etc pretty soon. In the mean time check out Keyboard&co if you haven't already :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 22:57:31 »
This, Hydro, and Plum will be my only GMK purchases this year.

I hope.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 22:59:24 »

...Romevi lied  :p

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 23:00:34 »

...Romevi lied 

What'd I do?

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 23:15:03 »

...Romevi lied 

What'd I do?

Set up my awful joke about spending too much money

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 23:16:17 »

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 02:18:27 »
This will be shipped, ahem, with full value declared on the package, or there's space for a mistake?

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 02:33:39 »
This will be shipped, ahem, with full value declared on the package, or there's space for a mistake?

You'll have to ask someone at Originative about that, they're handling distribution not me

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 05:27:52 »

You'll have to ask someone at Originative about that, they're handling distribution not me

Originative is a legitimate business and I don't think they would endanger themselves by lying about export value. Everything I have ordered from them was declared correctly.
I like keyboards

Offline dadoduk

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 07:23:54 »

No Originative!!

Customer Service is the worst!!

If GB will be opened in Originative, I  will give up GB!!

No, No, No!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 August 2016, 07:29:56 by dadoduk »

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 08:25:16 »

No Originative!!

Customer Service is the worst!!

If GB will be opened in Originative, I  will give up GB!!

No, No, No!!

Sorry to hear that you've had some bad experiences, I hope you'll give them a second chance and join this group buy. :)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 09:00:52 »

Originative is a legitimate business and I don't think they would endanger themselves by lying about export value. Everything I have ordered from them was declared correctly.

LOL.

I pass. No more interest. Thanks anyway for this IC.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 09:07:09 »
What is the gripe with Originative Co.? I've had nothing but great experiences with them.
I like keyboards

Offline joey

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 09:12:33 »

LOL.

You could find a proxy in the US.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 10:32:27 »
Any chance to add 1u diamonds in R5 profile? Those rock!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 10:46:43 »

Agreed!  :p

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 13:52:34 »

LOL.

You could find a proxy in the US.

Thanks, it seems that not all hope is lost. I like too much this set.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 16:52:40 »
What is the gripe with Originative Co.? I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

same. i also appreciate them stepping in to handle more group buys since paypal started freezing people's accounts.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 20:05:16 »

same. i also appreciate them stepping in to handle more group buys since paypal started freezing people's accounts.

+1 and this group buy wouldn't be happening without them

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 20:27:30 »

+1 and this group buy wouldn't be happening without them

It is really great to have Originative involved, I am sure they are improving on any issue the had and they are getting better with all this experience managing group buys.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 07:21:12 »

Agreed!  :p

It's a bit too late to add them in the "standard" set but I'll looking into having them added if we hit a price tier (likely 500 sets).