Author Topic: [IC] GMK White on Black and Magenta Mod Pack [LIVE!]  (Read 91896 times)

Offline effectiveduck

Re: [IC] GMK White on Black w/ Magenta accents
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:43:13 »
I think just pass the r5 bottom row because I just found out that gmk only made a r4 spacebar so it would be akward to use r5

I'm fairly sure that GMK's R4 spacebar is the same as OG R5 spacebars, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:59:12 »
I think just pass the r5 bottom row because I just found out that gmk only made a r4 spacebar so it would be akward to use r5

I'm fairly sure that GMK's R4 spacebar is the same as OG R5 spacebars, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

naaaw its not the same man :(
this is after I see the triumph adler keycaps which use r5 too

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:45:52 »
I'm positive about this but anyway I'll do a comparison when I'm back home. I'll let you know.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 03:36:56 »
Original Cherry uses the same spacebar for R4 and R5 bottom rows. In other words a R5 spacebar doesn't exist.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 06:25:42 »
Honestly not interested in this set UNLESS the magenta keys are included! If you're going to do a separate magenta pack, ya may as well include more keys (maybe a full magenta mod set similar to EB?)

Anyway, will be following  :thumb:

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:37:51 »
Honestly not interested in this set UNLESS the magenta keys are included! If you're going to do a separate magenta pack, ya may as well include more keys (maybe a full magenta mod set similar to EB?)

The magenta keys will be a separate mod pack, i'll work out what'll be included and get back to everyone on that, but it will definitely include more keys.

Offline joey

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:47:53 »

The magenta keys will be a separate mod pack, i'll work out what'll be included and get back to everyone on that, but it will definitely include more keys.
That could increase the price of things quite dramatically. For example the RGBYK mod pack was ~$45. Unless the separate pack will be like 5-10 keys (not 30 like RGBYK)

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:54:50 »

That could increase the price of things quite dramatically. For example the RGBYK mod pack was ~$45. Unless the separate pack will be like 5-10 keys (not 30 like RGBYK)

It will increase the price a bit, but we can work on what's included over time and hopefully strike a good balance of including as much as possible while keeping the price reasonable.

Offline joey

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:59:18 »
It will increase the price a bit, but we can work on what's included over time and hopefully strike a good balance of including as much as possible while keeping the price reasonable.
Maybe we can have another poll :P I'm personally not interested in a full mod set, but just the accents shown here. I wonder if you could keep the accents and have a mod pack too? It means some people end up with duplicate keys, but won't increase the price too much for those just wanting the base set.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 May 2016, 10:06:22 by joey »

Offline blighty

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 10:03:07 »

SP's DCS spacebar is almost the same profile/shape as R5 Cherry/GMK. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 10:31:32 »
I have some old OG Cherry sets with R5 modifiers and their space bars are exactly the same profile than those bars on GMK sets with R4 only modifiers. Does someone has some pictures of those R5 space bars? It seems more like an urban legend to me, unless someone has actual examples.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 11:25:36 »
Established that R5 spacebars don't exist, one could use a OEM spacebar for a higher profile.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 11:37:29 »
personally, i dont think this set should include R5 keys. i dont think it will draw in any more people by incorporating them, and it will end up adding too many keys to the set.

i am also hesitant to see the color accents get separated into a separate pack, which will have its own MOQ. my preference would be to see one big set that has been well thought-out. magenta is a great choice - no need to change that

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 14:29:42 »
personally, i dont think this set should include R5 keys. i dont think it will draw in any more people by incorporating them, and it will end up adding too many keys to the set.

i am also hesitant to see the color accents get separated into a separate pack, which will have its own MOQ. my preference would be to see one big set that has been well thought-out. magenta is a great choice - no need to change that

But there are a significant amount of people that enjoy GMK modifiers and don't need a full WoB set. I'm positive an MOQ for both a base set and modifier set would be met without issue.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 20:14:58 »

But there are a significant amount of people that enjoy GMK modifiers and don't need a full WoB set. I'm positive an MOQ for both a base set and modifier set would be met without issue.

R5 will heavily depend on price, I'd like to include it if possible but if it costs an arm and a leg it will be the first thing to go.

We'll work out the best solution to the magenta keys :thumb:, for now I'm going to look into a separate mod pack and we'll work from there.

Offline joey

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 04:49:40 »
Has someone got a compilation of all the capslock options?

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:08:31 »
Has someone got a compilation of all the capslock options?

AFAIK there's only "Caps Lock", handbag and down arrow. Though I could be missing some

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:11:31 »
Handbag is best, but would clash with the text mods.

Offline joey

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:12:33 »
I kinda want some icon and text there.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:21:20 »

Down arrow 4 lyf  :p

I don't know if it would fit, definitely not on stepped caps

Offline joey

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:38:16 »

Down arrow 4 lyf  :p

Caps Lock on the main part and hand bag on the stepped bit :D

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:47:53 »

Caps Lock on the main part and hand bag on the stepped bit :D

Lol that's probably doable if u pad printed the icon

Offline effectiveduck

Re: [IC] GMK White on Black w/ Magenta accents [9/5: Updated Render]
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 06:32:46 »
9/5 UPDATE

Hey all,

There's a GMK WoB GB going on right now, here run by zennasyndroxx, so if you like the layout and price go ahead and pick it up. What does this mean for this IC? This doesn't really change much from my perspective, I wasn't planning on running this for a while regardless so I think we'll just keep refining the set until we're happy with it and run it when it's appropriate. The only change that may happen as a result of this is that, if we decided to make the magenta keys into a seperate mod pack which is likely at this point, then I might run that set before running WoB.

Updated render:
More

Unfortunately the windows and menu key weren't changed to the correct legends so i'll ask GMK to change that for the next render. As well as have them change both the ISO alpha keys to |\, also considering adding a 1.25 Fn key.

Along with the render I also received a price estimate for it and based on that and some speculation on my part, i think R5 is going to be too expensive and thus isn't going to be included in this set, sorry to all the folks that were interested in it.

Please note: I'm not going to give any price estimates until the set is finalised and extra costs are accounted for.

Last but not least, here's my initial idea for the magenta mod pack (just a keyboard-layout-editor render):
More

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone for their interest and feedback!
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 04:17:44 by effectiveduck »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 06:34:45 »
For the Magenta Pack, I think you should add F4-F8 and the 9 keys above the Arrows!

Offline joey

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 06:51:12 »
Looking good! <3 that r2 1.5u backspace.

I just want to re-iterate my point about hopefully keeping some of the magenta caps in the base set.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 07:21:49 »
For the Magenta Pack, I think you should add F4-F8 and the 9 keys above the Arrows!

I'd also like to include full TKL support but it'll depend on pricing, I'll get a price est from GMK and hopefully it'll be fairly cheap. :thumb:

Looking good! <3 that r2 1.5u backspace.

I just want to re-iterate my point about hopefully keeping some of the magenta caps in the base set.

The best <3

I'll keep it in mind but can't promise anything.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:01:58 »
that numpad needs some magenta love

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:03:18 »
that numpad needs some magenta love

Agreed. I put in my suggestions that there should be a magenta Enter.

Offline xiaodian317

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 11:32:31 »
In  ;)

Offline cmd

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 12:00:03 »
In  ;)

Guys, call it a day. We got this guy - will meet any MOQ needed. The cherry chinese counterparts have our back!

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 16:16:58 »
lol he's only in to screw up the other GB.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 16:33:30 »

Why? I thought zenna was on good terms with all keyboard forums.

Offline xiaodian317

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 10:40:39 »

You said me?

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 02:11:06 »
Updated renders and pricing info should be here on wednesday ;D

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 02:26:08 »
Looking forward to this.  Not that big of a fan of the magenta but will happily support if I can get a WoB set.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Quackles

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 03:03:30 »
Considering the other white on black set won't be doing full sets anymore I hope this kicks off!

Offline effectiveduck

Re: [IC] GMK White on Black and Magenta Mod Pack [31/5: Updated renders!]
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:00:06 »
Updated renders:

More

I'm really happy with how this set is looking, probably going to have the 1u winkeys centered but that's the only change I can think of for now.

Pricing is also very promising, so this shouldn't destroy your wallets too badly. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 04:18:04 by effectiveduck »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:01:16 »
Updated renders:

Show Image

Show Image

I'm really happy with how this set is looking, probably going to have the 1u winkeys centered but that's the only change I can think of for now.

Pricing is also very promising, so this shouldn't destroy your wallets too badly. :thumb:

Stunning. Absolutely in for a set.

Offline joey

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:04:31 »
Is the magenta set meant to have the
More
disgusting
Win10 logo?

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:09:08 »
Looking forward to this.  Not that big of a fan of the magenta but will happily support if I can get a WoB set.

Considering the other white on black set won't be doing full sets anymore I hope this kicks off!

Updated renders:

Show Image

Show Image

Stunning. Absolutely in for a set.

Thanks for the support guys!

Is the magenta set meant to have the
More
disgusting
Win10 logo?

Yea it's intentional, so that people who dislike the win98 key have an alt option.

And sorry for splitting the sets, I know you we're hoping for them to be combined.

Offline joey

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:12:34 »
Can we put a poll up for the magenta Window legends?

No worries about the split, I'll be getting both I guess.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:16:21 »
will buy

Offline joey

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:18:44 »
will buy
nick sees GMK in title, hits 'maximum buy' key.

Offline nickysan92

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:21:00 »
Oh man, so hype for this to proceed!

Anyway, I guess I'm in the minority for liking the Windows 10 legend? Haha.

Offline joey

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:22:24 »

Would you still buy the set with win95 legends for all Windows logos?

Offline nickysan92

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:23:44 »

Yeap, I would!

Offline joey

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:28:35 »

Yeap, I would!
Now you're on the right side :thumb:

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 12:12:29 »
I'm in!

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 13:18:42 »
i'm in :thumb:

Offline soilheart

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 15:33:30 »
I'm very interested in the magenta pack. I would love if included a 1.25 R4s (or two).
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)