Author Topic: removed.  (Read 17059 times)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] Wyse DCS Cap Set
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 23:32:55 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:58:07 by alienman82 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 07:04:12 »
Hmm thanks JD!  I'll have to ask then to make sure. 

@ideus Those Icons look really nice.  Reminds me of the OTD cap sets out there in DCS.  I''ll have to think about those maybe as a separate pack or something.

Of course, what you think it is in the best interest of the group buy and the design of the set, I just want to let you know that the molds should be already available if you want to include them here.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 10:16:07 »
If I may suggest something. I think you should split the set into two kits, like you have now. But make one kit the Alphas plus oddball compatibility, like ISO and 1800. Make the other kit the Mods plus Tsangan, etc. That way, people who already have alphas only need to buy the mods set, whether they have a standard 87-key layout, 86-key, etc. And the people who want less popular kits like 1800 and ISO get to have their kits subsidized by the popularity of the alphas set, and are also required to support the GB by buying the alphas. Just my opinion, but that's how I would do it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 12:20:07 »

@ideus Those Icons look really nice.  Reminds me of the OTD cap sets out there in DCS.  I''ll have to think about those maybe as a separate pack or something.

Thanks for making a separate mod kit, I will be picking one up for sure (possibly a full set including alphas as well, money permitting...

Great job on adding the 6u space and 1u mods, it really does help with not only 1800 winkey layouts but also 68/75/96% users. Too bad about the stem position, but stem transplant is still an option for users who really want to make the kit work with OG Cherry boards (two part Epoxy does wonders)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 13:31:11 »

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with!

One of my favourite key sets is OTD SoWare... I love the RGB text on the modifiers.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 01:16:38 »
Count me as another interested person!  Here's my Wyse PCE + Moogle Set + old school thick doubleshots(from some terminal keyboard) FrankenWyse!
147413-0

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 01:36:46 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:58:09 by alienman82 »

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 16:47:43 »
Also, if you want to make this set a first for a Wyse set, you may explore the use of some Icons, bellow is a picture of some DCS keys SP made for a GB.

Show Image

Those look amazing! What GB was it?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 17:04:16 »
Also, if you want to make this set a first for a Wyse set, you may explore the use of some Icons, bellow is a picture of some DCS keys SP made for a GB.

Show Image

Those look amazing! What GB was it?

It was 7bit's round five the DCS ones.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 20:33:26 »
Modifier legends were left/middle on Wyse PCE but left/top on the Wyse ASCII.
I am not sure that the modifier colours were exactly the same on Wyse ASCII and PCE ...

If you are going to do a vertical (ISO) Enter key that is accurate to Wyse PCE Intl. then that key should be white and have a symbol, not text.

I'm almost positive the SP 6u spacebar is centered, not off-centered like the Cherry/GMK ones.
I have one from SP that is offset. I tested that it works on my custom where I otherwise use a Cherry key.
But do ask them if they have a mould for a 6u key that supports both offset and centred switch.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 11:55:47 »
What do you plan to do for the homing keys?  Bumps like the OG as well?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 14:14:32 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:58:11 by alienman82 »