Author Topic: [IC] CYBERBOARD XMAS SPECIAL - Check out prototype and GB is coming soon  (Read 28558 times)

Offline Crazy Designers

What's good, this is Crazy Designers from China!

Firstly we wanna say thank you to all the Geekhackers, CYBERBOARD is our first run and it has gained so much love and support.

Back to the topic, we are planning to make a Christmas version of CYBERBOARD right now and it will be a PC keyboard.
This CB still has the Cybertruck shape but we are doing different designs inside.

2020/12/15 update

RGB on! not satisfied with the performance tho. (these are real photos)

2020/12/08 update

We got the first prototype! it doesn't have a bottom now....but we are completing it real quick  :))

【Specs】

CyberTruck Shape
LED Panel
Top mount
ANSI Layout
Hot-Swap PCB
Not based on QMK (MY BAD BRUH)

【Improvements】

More

- PCB
ICE COLD BABY! To match the Christmas vibe, we add RGB LEDs to the PCB. We also plan to make red color PCBs, need to see the proto tho.

-  The Structure of LED Panel
We canceled the magnetic design this time. The panel and the acrylic lens are merged together and it will be tightened with screws.

- The Bottom
We still retained the wireless charging module, but removed its cover, and now the bottom of the keyboard is a flat surface.

- Brass Weight
We added a brass weight inside the CB, which is also our battery holder.  In this way, all wires are isolated from the bottom cover. When you open the CB, you don't worry about breaking that ribbon cables anymore.

- Other thoughts
In addition to the upgrades mentioned above, there is “one more thing”.
Okay, actually we got more than 1...

1.We are making custom screws for the keeb
2.A brass nameplate would be on the keeb (it's on the space upon the array zone and the pattern is being voted in our discord)
3.The plate and the silicone mute mount are also semi-transparent.]

Estimate price: 500 USD
Quantity: 400 - 600 pcs

For the latest information and more, please join our discord server. Thanks!
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/Xre4H4c

CYBERBOARD R1: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cyberboard-world-s-1st-wireless-charging-keyboard/x/24369592#/
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2020, 01:59:37 by Crazy Designers »
Future Art Community.

Offline kuro0renji

Im hyped! Tbh, It looks really nice

Offline Crazy Designers

Attention: this Xmas special version of pcb is not compatible with CB r1.
Future Art Community.

Offline Moisture

I have the purple Cyberboard, but my interest is piqued.
Would you sell the RGB PCB separately as well to put into the OG Cyberboard?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
is this going to be another speedrun attempt

Offline brillwill

This looks great! Can't wait

Offline Crazy Designers

I have the purple Cyberboard, but my interest is piqued.
Would you sell the RGB PCB separately as well to put into the OG Cyberboard?

I'm sorry, as I said, this RGB pcb is not compatible with r1 Cyberboard.
Future Art Community.

Offline darthcapn

Looks interesting! I am actively watching this!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline hammerbrotha

QMK support yet?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

After hearing a lot about the first cyberboard, I think I've been convinced to get one, I'll have to hop on this one for sure! Hopefully it will get here in time for the holidays. hahaha

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
Looks great!
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline svenge

I'm super happy with the OG cyberboard.  Highly recommend. :thumb: :thumb:

ps.. crazy designers u crazy.

Offline malikons

Shut up and take my money!

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
Reserved

nice.

not a fan of the logo next to the arrow keys.

Offline sup3r170va

Looking forward!

Offline FlitzDeelman

Wow. Not that I have any money left after this year.

Offline Wonderfool

:thumb: YES

Offline Havattack

This. This so much, There are like 3 500$ keyboards coming out in the next month....

"Quantity: less than CB R1" ...That's a bad idea... I imagine the demand for this has grown quite a bit after the first GB... A lot of people are chomping at the bit fore this thing..
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 November 2020, 12:01:27 by Havattack »

Offline hrmmm

Please don’t have that brass nameplate... looks better without it.

Offline dibstern

Daaamn it looks so nice, I was hyped before the no QMK line

Offline hexa

Very cool.

Offline Crazy Designers

This. This so much, There are like 3 500$ keyboards coming out in the next month....

"Quantity: less than CB R1" ...That's a bad idea... I imagine the demand for this has grown quite a bit after the first GB... A lot of people are chomping at the bit fore this thing..

hi there, we don't have much experience in making keyboards, so we could only sell them in a small amount. We have tried many technical improvements in this Xmas Special CB, thank you!
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2020, 01:04:54 by Crazy Designers »
Future Art Community.

Offline Havattack

hi there, before our next official work comes out, we hope to make a special edition as a transition. We don't have much experience in making keyboards, so we have tried many technical attempts in this edition. The Xmas Special CB will help us do better on the CB R2, thank you!
No, thank YOU. This board is dope as hell, and i'm very happy to hear you have a round 2 in the works.
So, just to be clear, if i really want this keyboard, but would prefer an aluminum case, i should just wait for round 2?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 November 2020, 20:36:17 by Havattack »

Offline Crazy Designers

for the nameplates, heres the update.

1. Elk A
2. Elk B
3. Snowflake
4. No nameplate

*nameplates will have gradual color finally, the renders are for reference only
Future Art Community.

Offline paooolol

I n t e r e s t e d!

Offline darthcapn

No name plate looks cool.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline donny_pete

tbh this is mad hype. I want to get that reindeer brass  :eek:

Offline Crazy Designers

ok ppl dont want the nameplate....then we need to think about removing this thing.
Future Art Community.

Offline nathanchere

I still hold out hope for a 60% HHKB cyberboard one day. Even if Santa didn't deliver, there's still hope.

Offline Havattack

ok ppl dont want the nameplate....then we need to think about removing this thing.
You did not answer my question, and i noticed you edited "R2" out of your post... So, is there going to be a round 2 after the xmas special, and will there be aluminum cases in it? and why did you edit your post?

Offline paperassgasket

I still hold out hope for a 60% HHKB cyberboard one day. Even if Santa didn't deliver, there's still hope.

Same friend.
Maybe next year.

Offline Crazy Designers

You did not answer my question, and i noticed you edited "R2" out of your post... So, is there going to be a round 2 after the xmas special, and will there be aluminum cases in it? and why did you edit your post?

there IS a round 2 after the xmas special, and it could be alu or not. We are not sure about that now, so I think I should not leave my words here... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sorry dude
Future Art Community.

Offline FlitzDeelman

there IS a round 2 after the xmas special, and it could be alu or not. We are not sure about that now, so I think I should not leave my words here... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sorry dude
Thanks for clarifying!

Offline Havattack

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, it is much appreciated.

Offline Crazy Designers

here comes update. we are making a brass weight for the xmas special.

(raw version)

finger prints are so annoying lol  :-[
Future Art Community.

Offline h00k

super cool design on the brass weight!

Offline Crazy Designers

hi guys, i have uploaded some pics of our first prototype(check messages on the top ). still improving the design anyway, any thoughts?
Future Art Community.

Offline hrmmm

White PCB looks nice. I think it might look better if the rubber feet on the bottom were clear/white instead of black.

Offline iinko_mk

this would be super cool!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Rumblehotep

Board looks great, but what is that tricolor keyset and how can i has?

Offline Havattack

I think it's "JTK VOTOK-1" here's one place that still has it. Get it before i do. https://dailyclack.com/collections/keycaps/products/jtk-vostok-1

Offline hrmmm

It's a render.

Offline Havattack

It's a render.

...Yeah... and he's asking what key set is featured in said render... and it's vostok-1

Offline Rumblehotep

I think it's "JTK VOTOK-1" here's one place that still has it. Get it before i do. https://dailyclack.com/collections/keycaps/products/jtk-vostok-1
Ačiū!

Offline Shiba1337

This is the definition of pog   :thumb:

Offline hrmmm

It's a render.

...Yeah... and he's asking what key set is featured in said render... and it's vostok-1

It's close to vostok-1, but it's not vostok-1.

Offline Havattack

It's a render.

It's close to vostok-1, but it's not vostok-1.
How do you figure? While the colors may not be entirely accurate, it being a render, it is exactly the same. (Except the red "control" and "fn" are replaced with more ornate novelties in the actual set.) I don;t see any real difference.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Unfortunately, this is a hard pass for me until QMK support is added.

Offline Nuclear Nachos

• Anima and Animus
the tank is back

Offline Crazy Designers

Re: [IC] CYBERBOARD XMAS SPECIAL - Check out prototype and GB is coming soon
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 02:00:30 »
hello guys, im happy to tell you that GB is coming soon. more details on the way.
Future Art Community.