Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8602347 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 13:27:40 »
It's kind of ****ty how people enter the drawing and win but instead of seeing a clack they just see dollar signs.

It is what it is....

That it is.  People are *******s and they always come out around Clack sales it seems.

Does anyone know the ballpark for how much a new gummyrot or green gummyrot would fetch for? These are so new I wonder what the demand for them are.

max 30$

^ What he said, at least if you're a good person.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:04:49 »
I'm sure I'm not the only who imagines what setup I'm going to have to do with all my keyboards with all the CC's I win, everytime a CC sale happens, and then end up not having to change my keyboards at all... LOL!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:17:43 »
That escalated quickly

Show Image

Show Image

Hahahaha

No gummyrot for majority of us :(

Don't you know most people that win just don't say anything :P

and there are a lot of people who are not on geekhack that entered I'm, so when you start seeing people posting ~60 times there first day and then magically they have a clack for sale or trade, you'll know whats up

I'm really still suspecting that the number of these was well towards the lower end of the scale.  With most people entering for all 8, and few winning anything, it seems a logical conclusion.

Yep most of us entered all 8 and not 1 win. And then there are some who won one. Here I was dreaming I'd have all 8 on my desk..

And there was me worrying how I would justify the nearly $200 cost to my other half if I won all 8 (although actually I only entered for 7, but $175 is still a lot).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:43:07 »
That escalated quickly

Show Image

Show Image

Hahahaha

and there are a lot of people who are not on geekhack that entered I'm, so when you start seeing people posting ~60 times there first day and then magically they have a clack for sale or trade, you'll know whats up

I'm really still suspecting that the number of these was well towards the lower end of the scale.  With most people entering for all 8, and few winning anything, it seems a logical conclusion.

Yep most of us entered all 8 and not 1 win. And then there are some who won one. Here I was dreaming I'd have all 8 on my desk..

And there was me worrying how I would justify the nearly $200 cost to my other half if I won all 8 (although actually I only entered for 7, but $175 is still a lot).

haha same here  :p :p :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:51:23 »
That escalated quickly

Show Image

Show Image

Hahahaha

I bought another keyboard instead :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:53:09 »
I didn't win any so I bought a Savage semi-auto .22 with a red dot sight instead...
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:55:28 »
I didn't win any so I bought a Savage semi-auto .22 with a red dot sight instead...

Are you gonna go murder someone for their ClickClacks?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #507 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:57:23 »

Prefer the Ruger 10/22 but good purchase, bro :D You'll have some awesome times with that baby.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:05:07 »

Prefer the Ruger 10/22 but good purchase, bro :D You'll have some awesome times with that baby.
Yea I haven't brought it out to shoot yet, it was already nearly dark. I need to get a cheek riser still.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #509 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:06:21 »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:08:19 »
I saw but I no understan :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:09:13 »

soon

star wars 'inspired' click clacks maybe  :o
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:22:12 by SpAmRaY »

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #512 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:21:13 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24467.msg463581#msg463581

4GRABS

I'm curious if this is part 2 for Gumrot, or is it something along the lines of pre-Garble. Each time I think Garble, I picture a skull where the face is brown as gravy, then the rest of the body is white like mashed potatoes.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:24:04 »

soon

What happens if it's made out of light sabre (yeah, it's a material now, deal with it) and everytime you use it, you lose part of your finger! :eek:
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #514 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:25:24 »

soon

I just wanted to sleep... Now I cant sleep. :(

Maybe another darkside for sale soon? Or a stormtrooper?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:31:23 »
Much excite, so interest, wow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:47:14 »
Much excite also.  More opportunity to post here?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:01:04 »
Thank god!! Time to tie off, find a vein and get my 4 grabs fix!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:06:23 »
500 guests on GH... can't be normal.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:06:35 »
I still don't know how it works  :-X

Offline Martyr

« Reply #521 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:13:14 »

Me too, I'm scared it will happen and I don't have a clue as to how it works.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:15:31 »

Me too, I'm scared it will happen and I don't have a clue as to how it works.
Well read all the info on it, it is pretty self explanatory.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #523 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:15:55 »
It's simple - never pay much more than retail for a Clack. Only as a community can we rid ourselves of this overwhelming stench of desperation eliteistness and butthurt. One or a few members alone will never make the change themselves, you all need to nut up and take a stand.

Offline tbc

« Reply #524 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:22:29 »
the 4grabs is over?  it said ended before I even got the notification.

edit: nvm, read the dates wrong lol.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:24:03 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline nogamesplayed

« Reply #525 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:28:46 »
It's simple - never pay much more than retail for a Clack. Only as a community can we rid ourselves of this overwhelming stench of desperation eliteistness and butthurt. One or a few members alone will never make the change themselves, you all need to nut up and take a stand.

It doesn't work that way. The only way to drop the prices is to remake batches in old designs/colors and sell them in bulk.
--------->[WTB] Radeon HD 7950 or better<---------

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:43:30 »
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #527 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:47:26 »
That escalated quickly

Show Image

Show Image

Hahahaha

I bought another keyboard instead :))

Aha nice! I bought 2 clacks! Lol ;)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #528 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:50:59 »
Eh, why even bother. I'm not inclined to make it 15 losses in a row this evening, I'm gonna go see Ender's Game

GL to all you f5'ers out in Clackland  tonight :thumb:

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:52:07 »
Eh, why even bother. I'm not inclined to make it 15 losses in a row this evening, I'm gonna go see Ender's Game

Good choice!  :))
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #530 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:59:35 »
Oh man my keyboards only half together i hope he posts soon!
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 19:21:35 by dustinhxc »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #531 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 19:36:41 »

Gotta be lucky some time, and it doesn't cost anything (maybe apart from sanity) to enter!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #532 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 19:37:33 »

Gotta be lucky some time, and it doesn't cost anything (maybe apart from sanity) to enter!

Yep, as my mum always says "You gotta be in it to win it!".
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #533 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 19:41:10 »

Yep, as my mum always says "You gotta be in it to win it!".

True that! Just wish it would alert me so I could work on my keyboard keys instead of hitting F5 :P

Offline ithinkimkorean

« Reply #534 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:00:47 »
Another sale so soon o-o

Guess I'll sit this out since I just won some.

Maybe I'll try for just one.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #535 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:17:04 »
Generally, 4 grabs are announced beforehand. I think we will ALL know about it before it happens. Clack will tell us a date and time.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #536 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:21:36 »
Generally, 4 grabs are announced beforehand. I think we will ALL know about it before it happens. Clack will tell us a date and time.

Oh man for real? I've been refreshing for 2 hours lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #537 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:22:38 »

YM88 - 666 posts - is that a prophecy from you? ;)

Offline ithinkimkorean

« Reply #538 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:27:19 »

Oh man for real? I've been refreshing for 2 hours lol

I left the tab open too lol.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #539 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:27:44 »

Haha

Has he done any without telling the time? I'm still refreshing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #540 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:32:32 »

Haha

Has he done any without telling the time? I'm still refreshing

Not that I'm aware of.  He whets our appetites with vague suggestions, then fills in some details, them provides detailed information, then at the last minute offers that one crucial bit of information that we need to enter.

Then there is an email explosion.

Then three seconds later the dust starts to settle and this thread opens up again.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #541 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:39:53 »
Well, he has done spur of the moment sales. Thats how I got a Hack Orange one time. But they are really rare and what he is doing right now in the 4Grabs thread is textbook ClickClack behaviour before a regular announced sale. But please don't hold me to that. ClickClack is a very mysterious fellow and capable of doing any number of things including random spur of the moment sales.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #542 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:51:22 »
Well, he has done spur of the moment sales. Thats how I got a Hack Orange one time. But they are really rare and what he is doing right now in the 4Grabs thread is textbook ClickClack behaviour before a regular announced sale. But please don't hold me to that. ClickClack is a very mysterious fellow and capable of doing any number of things including random spur of the moment sales.

Show me this textbook you speak of!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #543 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:55:47 »

Show me this textbook you speak of!
Oh, I wish I had the "Teachers Edition" of that textbook with all the answers and lesson plans!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #544 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 22:00:44 »
I flipped to the last page and it only had half of the answers. Isn't that odd!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #545 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 22:39:09 »
well i refreshed every 3 seconds the past few hours im getting off... haha

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #546 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:08:57 »
No soup for me, second time in a row. :(

I only entered for the Topre caps out of respect to others, since all I own is a RealForce. I would be curious to know exactly what the odds are for the draws? How many ClickClacks are available, and how many people enter the draws to buy them? I think of mech keyboard subculture as being a relatively small niche...

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:16:39 »
So, anyone know what the newest 4grabs update is about? Surely not another sale?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:20:08 »
So, anyone know what the newest 4grabs update is about? Surely not another sale?
i hope it is!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:20:42 »
Oh I think it is! Who knows when tho! But whoever sees it first you better tell me!