Author Topic: General Keycap Questions  (Read 1129 times)

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
General Keycap Questions
« on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:30:01 »
I just ordered a blank set of keycaps for my SSK from Unicomp and it was only $20. Are they PBT like the originals? I also got the Tux keys...I couldn't resist.

Also, I ordered a set of Ducky PBT black/blank keycaps from mechanicalkeyboards.com yesterday. However, the shipping notice was from tigerimports which is where I got my first Ducky board a couple of years ago. When did tiger imports become mechanicalkeyboards.com? They have a huge selection now and really good prices. I was surprised.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
Re: General Keycap Questions
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:31:53 »
I just ordered a blank set of keycaps for my SSK from Unicomp and it was only $20. Are they PBT like the originals? I also got the Tux keys...I couldn't resist.

Also, I ordered a set of Ducky PBT black/blank keycaps from mechanicalkeyboards.com yesterday. However, the shipping notice was from tigerimports which is where I got my first Ducky board a couple of years ago. When did tiger imports become mechanicalkeyboards.com? They have a huge selection now and really good prices. I was surprised.

Tiger Imports and mechanicalkeyboards.com share the same business address. I think they probably wanted the separate name for non-keyboard related items.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
Re: General Keycap Questions
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:39:32 »
Here are a couple of places where you can buy complete sets of keycaps of all different colors in both ABS and PBT:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=40

http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/

...wish I had known about SP before I bought my last set.
SSKs for everyone!