Author Topic: FC660C/EW keycap color & PBT space bar  (Read 3082 times)

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
FC660C/EW keycap color & PBT space bar
« on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 16:40:00 »
Out of curiosity — would anyone own a white Leopold FC660C with one of Matt3o's light grey PBT space bars? If so, considering the EW's keycaps are an off white and Matt3o's space bars are color matched to the light grey of the HHKB, how much does the difference stand out?

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
Re: FC660C/EW keycap color & PBT space bar
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 15:31:38 »
Nobody at all?  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:00:19 »
I suspect that not many people have a white FC660C, and not many people have light gray PBT space bars, and the intersection of those two sets is almost 0.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:02:22 »
I did own a fc660 ew and I do have a white/light grey pbt spacebar. The color was slightly off, not that bad, but was noticeable.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 15:54:01 »
I suspect that not many people have a white FC660C, and not many people have light gray PBT space bars, and the intersection of those two sets is almost 0.
Yeah not many people seem to have the EW. It surprises me a bit though as it seemed to me that many people, at the time, were looking forward to a white version.

I did own a fc660 ew and I do have a white/light grey pbt spacebar. The color was slightly off, not that bad, but was noticeable.
Thank you for chiming in. You would not have any pictures by any chance, would you?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 17:04:28 »
Yeah not many people seem to have the EW. It surprises me a bit though as it seemed to me that many people, at the time, were looking forward to a white version.

Thank you for chiming in. You would not have any pictures by any chance, would you?

I was looking forward to a white version, but ended up getting a HHKB instead.  Not sure I can still justify both.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:34:59 »
I was looking forward to a white version, but ended up getting a HHKB instead.  Not sure I can still justify both.
I own a HHKB that I am very happy with but the itch for a FC660C/EW keeps on coming back.

When I initially wanted one, I was really into the black blank version. I missed the last unit that was available at the only retailer I could get one from and was told that Leopold would not be manufacturing them from there on, so I put the FC660C aside for some time.

Recently though, I've been really wanting a white version for some inexplicable reason (it's not even the usual color I go for when it comes to peripherals) :D