Author Topic: KAILH WHITE OWL V2 SWITCH Help  (Read 3450 times)

Offline th3_outs1d3r

KAILH WHITE OWL V2 SWITCH Help
« on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 22:44:43 »
Hey everyone,

I am a big fan of clicky style switches, but I have tried a lot of the kailh box switches and they didn't seem to do it for me. I tried cherry blue and green; those didn't really do it for me. I've tried Kailh box Navy, jade, and pro green; I liked the stability but they were too stiff. Has anyone tried the Kailh white owl V2's? What was your experience with them? Any insight would be great.

Cheers,
Chris

Offline Morbii

Re: KAILH WHITE OWL V2 SWITCH Help
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 03:40:48 »
I haven't tried the owls, but I have tried the normal Box Whites and they are quite nice.  Definitely easier to handle than the Jades or Navies.

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 19:12:09 »
Thanks for the reply, I like the feel of the box whites (I have a friend that lent me some of the switches), but I am not a big fan of the click sound. Hmmmmm.

Cheers,
Chris

Offline Heavyrock1212

• New to the hobby, and am obsessed currently
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 23:31:27 »
Take a look at these clickiez switches, they look super nice in my opinion from soundest videos. Although I've never tried them myself so I'm not really sure.

https://zealpc.net/products/clickiez?variant=39379354026048
its better to cum in the sink then to sink in the cum

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 22:18:23 »
Hmmmm, those do sound pretty sweet. I will have to look in to those too. Thanks for letting me know about them. Has anyone else had experience with the Clickiez?

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 22:22:17 »
I don't have personal experience, but they are a worthy competitor to the BOX series of clickies.

They use a different mechanism, borrowed from a kind of ALPS/MX hybrid switch. It generates a different kind of tactility than Cherry MX.

Definitely a *big click* switch, it's apparently VERY tactile. The sound can be enhanced by putting it in a big empty resonant case like the un-foamed NCR-80. Some good NCR-80 builds with Clickiez, should check them out.

The 40 G version is more reasonable than the 75 G one, I understand. You can convert all of them to tactiles, which are also pretty extreme. [If you're going that route, maybe wait for a dedicated tactile from the Clickiez line. I hear they're designing one approximating Brown ALPS.]

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 21:24:26 »
Thank you for the good information. I will look up those builds and see what they are like. I really appreciate the advice.

Cheers,
Chris

Offline Nerif

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 October 2022, 12:55:09 »
Hey everyone,

I am a big fan of clicky style switches, but I have tried a lot of the kailh box switches and they didn't seem to do it for me. I tried cherry blue and green; those didn't really do it for me. I've tried Kailh box Navy, jade, and pro green; I liked the stability but they were too stiff. Has anyone tried the Kailh white owl V2's? What was your experience with them? Any insight would be great.

Cheers,
Chris

One small but important note about Kailh Box clicky switches that no one ever mentioned: the switches are inconsistent. Let me explain this - the click is mismatched with the actuation, and the situation is different from switch to switch. That means, that some switches will actuate before the click and the other ones will actuate after the click. personally for me this is EXTREMELY annoying and I hate using them (still I love their linears, my dailydriver keyboard has dark yellow kailh boxes)

if you're searching for a clicky switch, maybe you should try ZealPC Clickiez, which have an actual click leaf (like in Alps SKCM switches) or Outemu Phoenix switches which were inspired by the Aristotle switches.
̷C̷M̷ ̷Q̷F̷ ̷X̷T̷ ̷[̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷u̷e̷ ̷→̷ ̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷H̷y̷p̷e̷r̷g̷l̷i̷d̷e̷]̷
Anne Pro 2 [Gateron CAP Brown → Kailh BOX Dark Yellow]

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 23:03:45 »
Thanks for the input I was on the fence on which one but that helps make me decision easier.

Cheers,
Chris