Author Topic: [SOLD] 2014 Unicomp Ultra Classic (Pearl), $42 shipped  (Read 4048 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] 2014 Unicomp Ultra Classic (Pearl), $42 shipped
« on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:28:07 »
Unicomp Model M Wired USB Keyboard nice shape white clicky

BIN $30.00 + $12 U.S. shipping

Description: "[one or two] keys might stick a tiny bit, but works fine... f11 and f12 keycaps are missing... May have to be cleaned."

The last bit comes as no surprise, and you guys know how to fix the other stuff.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:16:29 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: 2014 Unicomp Ultra Classic (Pearl), $42 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 08:08:52 »
I actually love the feel of these.  They have a completely different sounds to the normal IBM M, but still that same wonderful buckling spring feel.  I have a dark one that I put large print keycaps for my dad as his daily driver.  :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

Re: 2014 Unicomp Ultra Classic (Pearl), $42 shipped
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 19:07:52 »
SOLD

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: [SOLD] 2014 Unicomp Ultra Classic (Pearl), $42 shipped
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:18:40 »
I actually love the feel of these.  They have a completely different sounds to the normal IBM M, but still that same wonderful buckling spring feel...

Absolutely right. Some people complain that they don't have the same build quality as IBM- or Lexmark-made M's, and I suppose they're right. But their lighter build also gives them a different—and equally fun, IMHO too—feel and sound.

True KB collectors strive to have at least one of everything. This is an excellent example of why.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg