Author Topic: Help! Question re: soldering arcade buttons to a Kinesis Advantge2  (Read 4243 times)

Offline ejaedesign

Help! Question re: soldering arcade buttons to a Kinesis Advantge2
« on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:17:29 »
Greetings from a newbie just getting into keyboard modding!

After almost getting surgery to relieve shooting pain in my right elbow shoulder, I got the Kinesis Advantage2 after reading up on it from the various experts here. Good news -- the pain is all gone and productivity has shot up quite a bit. THANK YOU.

In fact, I've enjoyed using KA2 so much that I'm trying to squeeze even more productivity out of it:

The middle rows were the easy part. I simply routed out some space and plunked down a MAX Falcon 8 keypad. As it works independently from KA2, it was pretty much trouble-free except for getting a cable with a low-profile USB connector:

Now I'm now trying to get the arcade buttons working. I must admit, I'm fairly lost as to which connectors should be soldered to where on the KA2:

Ideally, each of the arcade buttons will serve as an extra function key, enter key, etc:

Here's a close-up of the arcade buttons:

And a close-up of the function keys board on the KA2:

I've got a bunch of wires and a new soldering gun ready to go. Yes, it's been at least 20 years since I've soldered anything together but pretty excited to get it going. Could the kind folks here help me out in figuring out which bits should be connected to where on the KA2?

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:46:57 by ejaedesign »

Offline ejaedesign

Re: Help! Question re: soldering arcade buttons to a Kinesis Advantge2
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:48:17 »
Got it. Changed the images to the https:// protocol. Let me know if the images still don't appear (I can see them either with a secure or non-secure protocol for some reason).