Author Topic: Interest Check - BEIGE! ISO! Topre Realforce / keyboardco  (Read 19461 times)

Offline dirge

Interest Check - BEIGE! ISO! Topre Realforce / keyboardco
« on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 05:04:08 »
I've been talking to Bruce about the possibility of getting beige ISO Topre board.  He's willing to consider beige over the black but would like to know what would be most popular within the community.

So would any ISO layout users please post in here what they'd like to see? 45g/55g/uniform/variable?

Which languages?  This will be a new model from Topre, are there any additions (within reason) you'd like to see?

Please please post your opinions.  I think it's a very nice thing Bruce is doing, trying to supply what community would like to see.

^ not ISO but use your imagination.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline Naku

Re: Interest Check - BEIGE! ISO! Topre Realforce / keyboardco
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 16:57:29 »
I would like to see 105 keys Topre with non variable keys with Fin/swe ISO layout. Black or beige I don't care, as long it's not variable weighted :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 20:06:39 »
UK layout 45g or 55g
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline agor

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 01:17:37 »
GER layout white/grey mods 35g non variable
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 12:21:47 »
Pure white TKL 35g non variable
| Poker MX Red |

Offline Ian S

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 17:57:14 »
• UK
• White key caps with large bold black, not grey invisibly small as some are, text.  The same as the early 1990's Cherry key caps (that I am typing this on).
• Maybe all 45g as at times I tend to use various fingers on various keys so variable might be confusing leading to annoying.  I'd need to try a variable to be sure.
• Silenced.  Why aren't they all silenced?  Why doesn't everyone insist on silenced?  I don't think I could stand the noise of a non silenced.

• Apparently you can lube these, so why not supply them lubed? :)

• If the number pad had the 00 that might be nice.

• Able to turn off the Num Lock LED whilst leaving the Num Lock set to 'on'.  It's annoying with the LED on all the time.

• Does anyone with a 105 board EVER turn Num Lock off?  Why not default to 'on' and use the key for something useful?

• I'd like the board to not have so much waste plastic protruding around the edges and top so it takes up less desk space.

• What is the point in Windows keys?  They are just two wasted keys.  Can they be remapped to something that might actually be used?  Same for the menu key.

• Some keyboards have extra letter on keys, such as the € on the 4 key operated with Alt Gr.  Can this have those?

• And maybe some user mappable ones or macros?

• Wireless or lead, both supplied and user can choose.

• Do these have something like 6 key rollover?

Thank you.

PS: As I posted on the other thread:
Can you not get just a key set in white to go on the black boards you already have in stock?

Black (QPAD MX-Red) board with Cherry beige keys is what I'm currently using.  It makes it easier for me to see where the keys are without looking at them.  Even by just the light from the monitor at night is enough.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2012, 18:36:18 by Ian S »
QPAD MK85 MX-red currently wearing beige vintage Cherry double shots.  Logitech K750.  Cherry G80 1000 with Blacks / Grey (circa 1990) that I've had since about 1994.

Sold: Realforce 88UB 45g; QPAD MK80 MX-Blue.

Offline perragnar

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 06:48:51 »
I'd be interested in a beige 105 key non variable, 45g or 55g, swedish layout.

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 06:50:08 »
I want a japanese layout one.

Actually, the color doesn't matter. I just want the japanese layout.
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline DaveyG

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:32:27 »
Pure white or white/grey. or even just keycaps!!

RF 87u 55g            RF 87u 45g          Filco Ninja TKL       Filco Ninja TKL       Filco Majestouch II

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 14:48:45 »
Just checking - what happened with this idea?
I'm guessing nothing, cause there's still no beige ISO topre on market...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::