Author Topic: Compact numpad on the left keyboard (Inspired by LightSaver)  (Read 1427 times)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Compact numpad on the left keyboard (Inspired by LightSaver)
« on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:48:02 »
Now I love my TKL, I love my FC660 and I love numpads... I just don't want them all on the right hand side.

The Lightsaver is a great looking board but I was thinking of putting the numpad on the left-hand side, flip it (!), to make it more intuitive

I think something like this might work:

Note the inverted numpad, so
Mirrored | Regular
987 | 789
654 | 456
321 | 123

Should I dabble in designing a Franken Left-handed Lightsaver + FC660m layout board?  ;D
So a  mirrored numpad on the left, arrow keys on the right à la FC660 and maybe an F-row on top.

Let me know what you think of this idea and what concerns you have. I can see some excellent productivity advantages coming from this if you can use both the arrow keys with one hand and the numpad with your other but perhaps I am missing something.

I will not even begin trying my hand at this until after the summer as I have too much to do but I can gather some feedback in the meantime of course. ;)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread