Author Topic: Cherry Profile Models or exact Measurements for 3D Render!  (Read 5779 times)

Offline tobsn

Cherry Profile Models or exact Measurements for 3D Render!
« on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 07:41:24 »
Hi!

I'm trying to find exact measurements of the GMK cherry profile (R1/2... ISO enter, tall Numpad Enter, etc.). I'm trying to model the exact row profiles but we can't find measurements for the concavity and the perfect angles for each row... if anyone has an idea or a resource or existing models that would be amazing!

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 February 2017, 08:52:43 by tobsn »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Cherry Profile Models or exact Measurements for 3D Render of next MiTo set!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 08:38:19 »
Oh you're working with MiTo.

Explains a lot.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 08:48:37 »
Explains what? He saw I'm working with Fusion and asked if I can help modeling but I thought its easier to just ask here...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 08:51:51 »

Explains a lot.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 08:54:08 »

Explains a lot.

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 February 2017, 08:57:01 by tobsn »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:28:37 »

Explains a lot.

Show Image

**** off. Still trying to copy the synth I see.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:36:16 »

Explains a lot.

Show Image

Not sure how that relates to this post but I guess you're just making up stuff like the fantastic, and made up to get some sympathy points, story of people "stealing" a certain someones unpatented, untrademarked product...

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:37:31 »
story of people "stealing" a certain someones unpatented, untrademarked product...

Ahh, that makes it perfectly ok to be a ****. Gotcha.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:40:57 »

You didn't see the harassing **** he wrote me after one line in the footnotes in a 400 line long keycap WIP that said "trying to make my own" from 3 weeks before and a 3D sketch after working with a CAD software for the _first time ever_ but somehow he made up this story in his head that someone wants to steal his livelihood... I seriously have other **** to do then produce little metal molds for such a small market. It's not worth it, I have a job you know ;)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:42:17 »

You didn't see the harassing **** he wrote me after one line in the footnotes in a 400 line long keycap WIP that said "trying to make my own" from 3 weeks before and a 3D sketch after working with a CAD software for the _first time ever_ but somehow he made up this story in his head that someone wants to steal his livelihood... I seriously have other **** to do then produce little metal molds for such a small market. It's not worth it, I have a job you know ;)

Right and being such a 'small market' it's easy to step on toes. Of course, coming from r/mk, I can see why it doesn't seem to be an issue to you.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:42:25 »
Not sure how that relates to this post but I guess you're just making up stuff like the fantastic, and made up to get some sympathy points, story of people "stealing" a certain someones unpatented, untrademarked product...

You're ****ing clueless man. Good luck making friends in this community with that attitude.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:44:41 »

You're ****ing clueless man. Good luck making friends in this community with that attitude.

What attitude? He tried to intimidated me for a single line of text... and I have an attitude? That's ridiculous.
And now he sends his goons to bully me here? I mean...

Offline tobsn

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:45:41 »
Right and being such a 'small market' it's easy to step on toes. Of course, coming from r/mk, I can see why it doesn't seem to be an issue to you.

Okay, I have no idea what that means "coming from r/mk" I'm not in r/mk and I've never posted there. It would be an issue if there was one, but again, it was a single line of text and then he made up a story in his head.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:47:20 »
**** your ****

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQZUbcSltpf/

i did fusion 360 time lapses first!!!!!

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:47:28 »

What attitude? He tried to intimidated me for a single line of text... and I have an attitude? That's ridiculous.

Lol no one are Binge's "goons" you are trying and continuing to copy someones hard work. Yeah you are going to get some push back.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:47:40 »

Haha yeah one line of text that turned into multiple renders and another cad drawing. Goons? You mean his friends you ****. He's a member of this community and a good friend. You're just copying his work.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: Cherry Profile Models or exact Measurements for 3D Render!
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:48:38 »

Explains a lot.

Show Image

I had to interject because you continue to spin this as some sort of great effort on your part. My monikers are trademarked, but they are yet to be registered trademarks.  That being said, your pertinacity for encroaching on the work of others who do not have enough income to justify that level of legal protection is incredible.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: Cherry Profile Models or exact Measurements for 3D Render!
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:49:13 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:49:51 »

Okay, I have no idea what that means "coming from r/mk" I'm not in r/mk and I've never posted there. It would be an issue if there was one, but again, it was a single line of text and then he made up a story in his head.

I find it silly that you are trying to convince me that you out of the blue came up with this idea without first seeing binge's. You can try to play it off and act dumb about it, but you're still stealing a design. On top of that,
if you understand copyright law here in the good old US of A, you would know that creating something in itself gives you protection. As he can clearly provide evidence that his was created first, and yours is clearly a direct copy of that design.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:50:51 »
Haha yeah one line of text that turned into multiple renders and another cad drawing. Goons? You mean his friends you ****. He's a member of this community and a good friend. You're just copying his work.

Yes, because it's easy to replicate if you're new to 3D and that was 2 weeks after I posted that in the WIP - again, I have other **** to do.

Now even if I want to create my own, why wouldn't I? Why do I have to spend $85 on the product, another $20 on shipping, then another 32% import taxes if I can just make my own? Like my first line said "Trying to make my own" - that's for me.

You guys are going to bully anyone who tries to create his own keyboard related projects? With that view every single case is a copy of any case that existed before... that's straight up harassment and forbidding innovation.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:52:01 »
forbidding innovation.
What innovation? You aren't doing any :(

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:52:38 »
forbidding innovation.

replication =/= innovation

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:53:19 »
Now even if I want to create my own, why wouldn't I? Why do I have to spend $85 on the product, another $20 on shipping, then another 32% import taxes if I can just make my own? Like my first line said "Trying to make my own" - that's for me.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one than get your own made?

Offline tobsn

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:54:15 »
I find it silly that you are trying to convince me that you out of the blue came up with this idea without first seeing binge's. You can try to play it off and act dumb about it, but you're still stealing a design. On top of that,
if you understand copyright law here in the good old US of A, you would know that creating something in itself gives you protection. As he can clearly provide evidence that his was created first, and yours is clearly a direct copy of that design.

You watched that? I take measurements from the keycap... now you're trying to say Tesla is just copying BMW and should be sued cause their cars look alike or even if I just make a sketch of something that resembles a car some car company will be after me?

Then this copyright protection would be one for a metal made keycap mold - is he going to sue anyone who does that? SP? GMK? Either way, in the good old US of A his rights end at the border.

AGAIN: I am not doing what he told you I'm doing - I am simply trying out fusion 360 and I have no intention of stepping on anyones toes. So go harass someone else. Maybe pick a case GB and tell them they're stealing someone else case design.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 09:55:31 »
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one than get your own made?

Good point, it's not - that's why I'm not making my own - I just said I can if I want to - I am not but apparently nobody wants to hear that lol