Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622775 times)

Offline neuraxis

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:06:45 »
Most laser sensors have either positive or negative acceleration with the PTE being the only exception that I know of, although that has other problems. I've found that, at least for me, I can't use the G600 comfortably at the levels where these issues would actually bother me.
High sensitivity players probably won't notice this at all and low sensitivity players should be using optical anyways due to the higher tracking speeds.
The fact that the G600 doesn't perform optimally in FPS, which is about the only genre where the laser sensor issues are really worth mentioning imo, is rather moot as the mouse is made for MMO use where you can perform just as well with a laptop trackpad.
Yes, all laser sensors so far have had flawed tracking. I'm not defending laser sensors, and wouldn't use them if it weren't for the Naga being so damn practical in both MMO and FPS. Yeah it has the Z-axis issue, but I hardly ever lift my mouse so I'd rather have that than acceleration.

However, the G600 is deeply flawed, and not just at the levels you mentioned—the pointer snapping issue happened to me regardless of sensitivity or polling rate, and at the worst of times, which alone is a deal breaker. But I'm not trying to persuade anyone it's a bad mouse—I'm just putting my experience out there.

When people buy a mouse they have choices. Choices can be narrowed down by things like tracking quality, so it's still a factor to consider.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:19:14 by neuraxis »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 19:09:31 »
I think i might have had the pointer snapping issue but thats it...

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 19:22:19 »
I'm not sure if there's pointer snapping, I haven't tested for it and I usually don't notice it's there as my G400 is an earlier model before the corrected the angle snapping, so far using that over a mouse with a flawless sensor doesn't feel any worse.
Besides, I can't really think of any games where pointer snapping would put you at a disadvantage apart from games like Quake, and I honestly can't see anyone playing an arena FPS like Quake with a G600 to begin with.
It has been argued that angle snapping will generally be an advantage in something like Counter-Strike as it helps you keep your sights straight when turning and most likely won't have an impact on your aim, I find that I mostly agree with that argument.
Though I'll say that I would prefer that this would be an optional feature, but for most people it's not an issue that should make or break the deal, at least not on a mouse like the G600.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 19:47:22 »
I'm not sure if there's pointer snapping, I haven't tested for it and I usually don't notice it's there as my G400 is an earlier model before the corrected the angle snapping, so far using that over a mouse with a flawless sensor doesn't feel any worse.
Besides, I can't really think of any games where pointer snapping would put you at a disadvantage apart from games like Quake, and I honestly can't see anyone playing an arena FPS like Quake with a G600 to begin with.
It has been argued that angle snapping will generally be an advantage in something like Counter-Strike as it helps you keep your sights straight when turning and most likely won't have an impact on your aim, I find that I mostly agree with that argument.
Though I'll say that I would prefer that this would be an optional feature, but for most people it's not an issue that should make or break the deal, at least not on a mouse like the G600.
twas talking about this http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Mouse-Movement-issues/td-p/863548

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 19:52:37 »
Oh, I thought you were talking about angle snapping/prediction. I can't really say much about the issue described in the thread over at Logitech, I haven't had it myself but that doesn't mean nobody has it. If you do have that issue I'd suggest talking to either Logitech or the store you bought it from for an RMA.

Offline nehkz

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 06:11:05 »
The Logitech G400 and G600.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #456 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 06:41:09 »
Deathadder by far. I have tried a couple different mice and I still kept coming back to this one.

Offline neuraxis

« Reply #457 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 06:44:21 »
Perhaps "pointer snapping" wasn't a good way to describe it. The cursor doesn't snap to angles, it jerks all the way upward or downward, usually in the heat of the moment when you do a lot of clicking. This got me killed in Team Fortress 2 every time.

Also, I don't share your not seeing anyone using the G600 for an online FPS—there are more who would than you think—or at least I don't see it as a valid argument in favor of the G600. The Razer Naga performs great in online FPS, the thumb grid providing an advantage if mapped intelligently, and the G600 is in direct competition with the Naga, so there's no reason it shouldn't perform just as well.

And keep in mind it's an inherent issue with the mouse's internal memory, and can't be corrected via a firmware update, because for some strange reason Logitech have made it so the mouse doesn't support firmware updates (!)
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2013, 06:54:30 by neuraxis »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 16:12:39 »
What I have:
Logitech MX510, MX512, MX518, G5, G400, G700, G9, G9x
Razer Lachesis, SteelSeries Sensei, some cheap OEM stuff I got for free

For OS usage my favorite is the G9 (scrollwheel side-click for switching tabs, yay) with high DPI
For gaming I prefer the MX518 / G400 (and perhaps the Sensei) with very low DPI
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2013, 16:28:09 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline tauburn

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 17:49:11 »
What I have:

For OS usage my favorite is the G9 (scrollwheel side-click for switching tabs, yay) with high DPI

what purpose is there for having that many?

Offline scoot

« Reply #460 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 18:04:40 »
What I have:

Probably the wrong question to ask on a website devoted to the intricacies of keyboards filled with keyboard collectors.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #461 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 18:07:20 »
Probably the wrong question to ask on a website devoted to the intricacies of keyboards filled with keyboard collectors.

Lol This^

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #462 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 20:02:41 »
Indeed! ;D

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 02:37:28 »
I got my Spawn today, and like many others I can say that it's great except for a few things that should be improved.  If I could swap in my G9's scroll wheel, I'd be incredibly happy.  I have a fingertip grip, and find that the side buttons are just a bit too far forward for me (but my G9 is also like that, so not a huge deal breaker).  Other than that, very impressed so far!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline stingrae

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 03:57:32 »
I had the opposite experience with the spawn, I really liked the scroll wheel and buttons (basically I think they are equivalent if not better than the deathadder's) but it was just too wide.

Anyway gotta say that I like the abyssus a ton! Even more surprising is I accidently got a mirrored edition and liked that also scroll wheel was vastly better than the first one I tried out in 2011...
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #465 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 05:23:03 »
What I have:

I have quite a few because I like variation. I collect mice that I find interesting, for instance using a RAT 7 is very different from using a Razer Abyssus etc. etc.
It's kind of like keyboards with different form factors and switch types; mice have different form factors and different sensors, and differences in form factor are far more significant in mice than they are in keyboards, at least in my experience.
Also, switching between differently shaped mice has been said to reduce the risk of RSI, which is never a bad thing. Not sure if there's any evidence to support it, but I can't see how it'd make matters worse either way.

As for my mouse addiction; I bought a Sensei today because it was, what, 25% off or something, and I've really wanted one for a while. Only been using it for a couple of minutes, but so far it feels pretty darn good.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #466 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 06:23:35 »
Yes, its always nice to have a choice!
The RAT7 is one I wanna get as well, out of curiosity, but its low on my priority list...
Also wanna try the DeathAdder Black Edition (brings up a lot Q3 Arena memory from back then).

Offline deltr

« Reply #467 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 13:24:02 »
G500 is best!

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 13:39:04 »
RAT 7 > Intellmouse Explorer > anything else nice and big > Trackpoint-style > all else.

I need a new RAT 7, but dem Klaxons for 2 keyboards are expensive!
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 19:12:23 »
Best - Mionix Naos 5k
Worst- Razer Mamba

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #470 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 15:18:02 »
RAT 7 > Intellmouse Explorer > anything else nice and big > Trackpoint-style > all else.

Good god no.

The RAT 7 has the worst skipping problem I've seen in a long time. Any time I even move it slightly fast, the tracking goes all crazy.

Offline Jakus

« Reply #471 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 19:09:42 »
The M90, I have big hands and this mouse really helps with that. A lot of smaller mice don't really fit my hand but this one does, and nicely, too. It's really wide which helps. I like the unique way they did the side buttons, and it's overall a good mouse.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #472 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 19:44:46 »
G500 right now, not seen any weirdness apart from when I go off the end of the mousemat onto the glass desk.

G5 is in my backpack, was my primary mouse for several years until I got the G500. I'd opened it up and removed the spring on the wheel when I first purchased it, was glad to see you can toggle that on the G500.

Intellimouse Explorer before that - a giant of a mouse you can rest your whole hand on.

[)amien

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #473 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 22:42:52 »
G400.  Accurate for what I need (SC2 and Dota 2) and cheap.
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #474 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 05:02:42 »

Good god no.

The RAT 7 has the worst skipping problem I've seen in a long time. Any time I even move it slightly fast, the tracking goes all crazy.

What model do you have?, I have the 6400dpi model and it is the best mouse I have ever used, no skipping at all.

I come from using a CM Sentinel and Razer Naga. Both great mice but the RAT 7 is by far the best.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #475 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 05:12:15 »

Good god no.

What model do you have?, I have the 6400dpi model and it is the best mouse I have ever used, no skipping at all.

I come from using a CM Sentinel and Razer Naga. Both great mice but the RAT 7 is by far the best.
You probably won't experience any skipping as long as you don't play with low sensitivity, most laser mice tend to skip at high speeds, I believe the sensor in the RAT 7 can't handle the same speeds as most other laser sensors, although I could be wrong as I haven't used my RAT for any serious FPS play so I don't actually know.

Edit: Although I believe the sensor in the RAT 7 has no hardware accel, I know there's at least one version of the sensor without, so that's at least something.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #476 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 05:17:03 »
I play at 2000 - 3000dpi myself and it is great. Tracking surface can make a huge difference as well. I just tested low to high the other day and no skipping for me at all.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #477 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 05:27:32 »
I play at 2000 - 3000dpi myself and it is great. Tracking surface can make a huge difference as well. I just tested low to high the other day and no skipping for me at all.
If you have a hard pad then issues with the laser sensors will be less noticeable, and at 2-3k dpi you probably won't notice any skipping as most games don't have sensitivity settings low enough to make you move your mouse fast enough to skip at those dpi levels. The newer CS games do go fairly low, though, if you put sensitivity at 0.15 - 0.25 in Source or GO you will most likely notice skipping at 2000dpi if you want to be able to turn reasonably quick. Like I said, though, I haven't tested with my RAT so this is mostly just theorycrafting.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #478 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 08:12:37 »

Good god no.

Really? I had my DPI around 3500, and it was just fine. Had to reconnect a few times because it wouldn't track correctly vertically a few times, but eventually, of all the things that could have broken, the cable cut out...  ._.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline bramke

« Reply #479 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 23:27:03 »
right now it's ec1

and i tryed almost every well known mouse except cm spawn

having a ss sensei for sale contact me if interested

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #480 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 01:40:18 »

Hmmm... didn't realize they were different models, thought it was just a different box. I have the one that came in the larger box.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 06:13:32 »

Hmmm... didn't realize they were different models, thought it was just a different box. I have the one that came in the larger box.
I believe there are at least two versions of the RAT 7, I had to RMA mine and the replacement had slightly different packaging I believe and the box of accessories was very different. I've heard rumours that this version of the RAT 7 has slight improvements to the sensor.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 06:26:09 »

There were 2, one that had a metal case and a 5600 DPI sensor, and one that had a plastic case and a 6400 DPI sensor(released alongside the Albino version)

I personally used (and plan to use once I get moar money) the 6400 DPI version @ 3500 DPI...don't know why (large monitor is 24" 1920x1200 and mini-me is 19" 1440x900...).
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2013, 16:41:13 by inteli722 »
More

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 12:00:28 »
Ahhh... I have the 5600 dpi version then. Probably time to sell it off, as I don't really use it due to the skipping.

Offline CreamyNutButter

• Trackball Gamer
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 16:26:15 »
Trackballs: Kensington Orbit, Logitech TrackMan Marble
Mice: Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

I haven't tried that many due to not being made of money.  I prefer trackballs to regular mice.  I did not like the Microsoft Trackball Optical one bit, the Mouse-Trak was ill suited to gaming (perhaps it would have been better with high sensitivity) and the middle button was stuck, and the Logitech M570 wasn't as precise or as fun to use as ambidextrous finger operated trackballs.  If I had to use a regular mouse, it would be the Intellimouse 3.0.
Trackballs: Kensington Orbit with Scroll Ring and Logitech Marble
Keyboards: Who cares?

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #485 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 06:47:11 »
Ahhh... I have the 5600 dpi version then. Probably time to sell it off, as I don't really use it due to the skipping.

If you really want to use it, you need a soft surface mouse pad, but that causes problems with clicking.  I'm thinking by far the best pad for it would be CM Storms own Control RX.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #486 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 07:10:31 »

If you really want to use it, you need a soft surface mouse pad, but that causes problems with clicking.  I'm thinking by far the best pad for it would be CM Storms own Control RX.
I was under the impression that hard surfaces were better for laser.

Offline Mainian

« Reply #487 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 12:09:25 »
I own a Razer Lachesis, R.A.T. 7 (5600), Steelseries Sensei, Zowie Evo EC2 (Smaller one), and logitech g400.

I used the Razer Lachesis for years with no complaints, honestly... i would still be using this mouse if I hadn't worn the **** out of it.

The R.A.T. 7 is horrible in every sense of the word. Obviously the skipping, but I was in serious pain after several hours of use, regardless of how much I messed with it. I believe the main problem is I have no defined grip style anymore, when I used my razer.. it was almost ALWAYS palm. Now I use the steelseries and I switch all the time.

The evo was too small and I could ONLY fingertip grip it. I should have bought the bigger one :(.

I'm returning the logitech g400. I use the side buttons on my mouse for when I play WOW, and the Logitech just doesn't do it for me. The side buttons aren't in the right position for how heavily I use them. (Honestly, I should probably think about rebinding these keys and just using my keyboard.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2013, 12:11:15 by Mainian »

Offline inteli722

« Reply #488 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 13:13:30 »
I own a Razer Lachesis, R.A.T. 7 (5600), Steelseries Sensei, Zowie Evo EC2 (Smaller one), and logitech g400.

I used the Razer Lachesis for years with no complaints, honestly... i would still be using this mouse if I hadn't worn the **** out of it.

The R.A.T. 7 is horrible in every sense of the word. Obviously the skipping, but I was in serious pain after several hours of use, regardless of how much I messed with it. I believe the main problem is I have no defined grip style anymore, when I used my razer.. it was almost ALWAYS palm. Now I use the steelseries and I switch all the time.

The evo was too small and I could ONLY fingertip grip it. I should have bought the bigger one :(.

I'm returning the logitech g400. I use the side buttons on my mouse for when I play WOW, and the Logitech just doesn't do it for me. The side buttons aren't in the right position for how heavily I use them. (Honestly, I should probably think about rebinding these keys and just using my keyboard.

Horrible is in the eye of the beholder. I loved my RAT 7 and plan to buy another, because I found it VERY comfortable.
More

Offline thp777

« Reply #489 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 22:59:18 »
my new logitech g600 that i just got in today. replaced my broken naga. its alot more comfortable with big hands. only issue is the gshift button cancels out buttons u are holding so i gotta make a autohotkey script to use that right way.

Offline spherific

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 04:00:39 »
Steelseries Xai for gaming

Logitech Performance MX for anything else. It is shaped perfectly and comes with recharging built it by connecting a usb cable.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 05:12:03 »

Normally you'd be right.  However, there are some weird tracking issues with those particular model of mice, and they skip if they track at all on hard surfaces.  Why this is, I have no clue, but I have experienced it myself and it seems like a very large proportion of other people have as well.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #492 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 11:43:04 »
Getting the Deathadder 2013 soon hopefully, but at the moment, Steelseries Sensei is my favorite mouse. :)
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #493 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 17:46:32 »

Normally you'd be right.  However, there are some weird tracking issues with those particular model of mice, and they skip if they track at all on hard surfaces.  Why this is, I have no clue, but I have experienced it myself and it seems like a very large proportion of other people have as well.
Weird, I've been using my Lachesis, which I believe has the same sensor, it's at least a 5600dpi PTE, and I've had no skipping or anything on my icemat.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #494 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:43:50 »

Weird, I've been using my Lachesis, which I believe has the same sensor, it's at least a 5600dpi PTE, and I've had no skipping or anything on my icemat.

Oddly enough, it seems to be specific to the CM Storm mice. IDK probably firmware related.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #495 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 19:00:36 »

Oddly enough, it seems to be specific to the CM Storm mice. IDK probably firmware related.
CM Storm? The RAT is made by Mad Catz for Saitek.

Offline flacman

• I have oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #496 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 04:17:16 »
I use a Steelseries Sensei.

Absolutely amazing comfort levels. My palm just rests just perfectly on the mouse surface.

Previously used MS Sidewinder X8, Razer Diamondback 3G <--- both semi-terrible mice.

..Did try out the Mionix (RH) Naos 3200/5000 and they too are extremely comfortable.
HHKB Pro 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Realforce RGB | RAMA Kara

Offline stingrae

« Reply #497 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 01:22:39 »
I use a Steelseries Sensei.

Absolutely amazing comfort levels. My palm just rests just perfectly on the mouse surface.

Previously used MS Sidewinder X8, Razer Diamondback 3G <--- both semi-terrible mice.

..Did try out the Mionix (RH) Naos 3200/5000 and they too are extremely comfortable.
:o diamondback 3g was awesome same sensor as deathadder but had prediction. It was also very cheap compared to say the copperhead which was worse sensor wise.
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline ajx

« Reply #498 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 04:56:39 »
I currently own G700, perfect for my hand grip (~ claw grip), wireless mouse is future of mice gaming. whatever if people still claiming issues from it (latency blabla)
in the other hand, Logitech mices are awesome due to the multi-directional scroll wheel and dual mode scroll wheel.
its not only perfect for gaming but also for desktop stuff.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #499 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 05:27:21 »
I suspect the new scroll wheel was the source of pain in my index finger. It's too stiff from my experience with M500 and G9x. But yeah, smooth scrolling is awesome.

I'd love to try G500/G600/G700, but neither appears to be available to try before buying locally.