Author Topic: Staff Change: dorkvader joins moderation team  (Read 20030 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Staff Change: dorkvader joins moderation team
« on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 09:21:04 »
dorkvader will be re-joining the moderation team, as a global moderator.  dorkvader was formerly on the team and took a hiatus, but he's back!  Congrats, dork!

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
Re: Staff Change: dorkvader joins moderation team
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 09:23:22 »
Isn't there a formal nomination process for the Supreme Court?  :p

Congrats anyways  ;)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 10:23:23 »
Congrats Dorkvader!  Or maybe "my condolences".

Thank you all moderators for serving and for making this place run so smoothly!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 10:27:04 »
Welcome back!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 12:17:59 »
Yay!

DV is a cool guy.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline joey

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 14:20:34 »
dorkmodervader!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 14:21:38 »
Welcome back! Hope you've been well. :]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 17:11:22 »
Congratulations dv!

Actually I've noticed mods seem a bit thin on the ground lately.  Looking at the list of active users at the bottom of the main page often shows no mods or admins online :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 17:13:37 »
Congratulations dv!

Actually I've noticed mods seem a bit thin on the ground lately.  Looking at the list of active users at the bottom of the main page often shows no mods or admins online :eek:

Unfortunately for the time being, I'm on only on my phone most of the time. Currently getting 3 semester long projects done, packing up to move, and getting ready to start a new job is really beginning to take a toll on my free time =(.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 17:22:53 »
Congratulations dv!

Unfortunately for the time being, I'm on only on my phone most of the time. Currently getting 3 semester long projects done, packing up to move, and getting ready to start a new job is really beginning to take a toll on my free time =(.

Not a criticism!  Only an observation.

A few times I've pointed new members to the online list on the front page if they have a query that would best be addressed by a mod, only to see that there are none online!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 17:24:12 »
Congratulations dv!

A few times I've pointed new members to the online list on the front page if they have a query that would best be addressed by a mod, only to see that there are none online!

Now you can point them to the list of admins and moderators;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 17:25:07 »
Congratulations dv!

Now you can point them to the list of admins and moderators;)

I'll try to remember that, thanks :)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 22:26:41 »
Happy to be here!

I was a mod back in the "old days" before the rootworm debacle. I stayed around after that for some time after that and am happy to serve once again.

I'll be like the grover cleveland of mods :p

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:20:29 »
Happy to be here!

I was a mod back in the "old days" before the rootworm debacle. I stayed around after that for some time after that and am happy to serve once again.

I'll be like the grover cleveland of mods :p

Welcome back dv! :thumb:

== == == == ==

Congratulations dv!

Guilty as charged, but I've been busy hunting down a SSK among other things...oh and don't worry, I miss you too, rowdy! :-*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 05:27:19 »
Congratulations dv!

Guilty as charged, but I've been busy hunting down a SSK among other things...oh and don't worry, I miss you too, rowdy! :-*

:-* ;D

Offline Herothereu

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:51:14 »
Well, should he remain one if he is holding someone else's money?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74437.0

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:52:46 »

This post seemed entirely unnecessary.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:57:36 »

Personally I think forum staff should be held accountable in there dealings with us regular folks.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:00:12 »

Personally I think forum staff should be held accountable in there dealings with us regular folks.

Oh, absolutely. I just don't think there was any need to post that, specifically. Surely the mod staff is aware, hell we have all been made aware. It's not like they made DV a mod today, and someone is calling attention to a problem that went unnoticed. To dig up an old post to basically just stir the pot does no one any good.

I am in 100% agreement with you though, that people, regardless of their position, should be held accountable for their actions. Good, bad or otherwise.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:02:00 »
Like inanis said, we really don't need this conversation here.
We already have one thread about this crap so keep the conversation there. No need for perpetuating the drama beyond that thread.
/thread
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 00:25:10 »

It's always the new jacks trying to make a name for themselves.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 00:36:31 »

Wow Mr Hyporcritical here with the low post count

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 01:01:27 »
Nice to see dork as a mod!

He's been super helpful to me in my adventures xD

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 06:34:30 »

Hey hey hey, I don't count. I have a high post count in my heart, where it counts!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:35:30 »

Hey hey hey, I don't count. I have a high post count in my heart, where it counts!

pfft you don't have a heart

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 23:13:43 »

:(

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 23:16:16 »

:(

REKT

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 23:56:20 »

He's trans-post count everyone. All of this cis-post count normativity is really bumming me out. Many of us were just born with the wrong post count, that's all, and we deserve equal respect.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 23:58:55 »

He's trans-post count everyone. All of this cis-post count normativity is really bumming me out. Many of us were just born with the wrong post count, that's all, and we deserve equal respect.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:52:55 »

beautiful.

10/10 reply.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 06:04:58 »
Not to change the topic or anything, but: Wow, can we all see GH statistics like that about ourselves? Or is that just a moderator thing?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 06:13:03 »
Not to change the topic or anything, but: Wow, can we all see GH statistics like that about ourselves? Or is that just a moderator thing?

go to your profile and mouse over "profile info" and then hit "show stats"
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 19:59:32 »
LOL, I see I do most of my posting here around 4 a.m. Makes sense... There usually isn't time for any fun stuff here till then!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Herothereu

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 16:54:40 »

Heh, says the noob American.  You aren't an illegal are you?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 21:54:12 »

Heh, says the noob American.  You aren't an illegal are you?

totally, you got me bro.

Offline Herothereu

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 12:00:48 »
Looks like BeserkFan was just going a bit Beserk.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74437.msg1839207#msg1839207