Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 243605 times)

Offline Aevyn

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 20:01:58 »
Haven't received an invoice yet. Just want to confirm if order went through. NEED that PC HHKB.  :eek:

EDIT: Invoice received and paid. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 01:39:24 by Aevyn »

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 20:59:12 »
I haven't received my invoice yet either.

Offline ChickenBear

« Reply #352 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 21:22:55 »
Is the weight shown in the first picture on the GB a PVD Brass weight or is it a PVD Brass weight with gold finish?

Offline spyruf

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 21:46:34 »
Is the weight shown in the first picture on the GB a PVD Brass weight or is it a PVD Brass weight with gold finish?

I don't think there is a difference.

Offline thearctican

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 21:48:16 »

Sure there is. That first photo is pvd coated gold finish. Pvd coated brass on its own just protects it from tarnishing. I opted for an unfinished one personally.

Offline ChickenBear

« Reply #355 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 21:52:34 »

Sure there is. That first photo is pvd coated gold finish. Pvd coated brass on its own just protects it from tarnishing. I opted for an unfinished one personally.
Is there a big difference in looks? What does PVD Brass look like compared to with a gold finish?

Offline thearctican

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 22:00:59 »

Is there a big difference in looks? What does PVD Brass look like compared to with a gold finish?
Natural brass is not as vibrant as a gold finish. Pvd coating has some flexibility in colors, hence the solver and rose gold finishes available on the full brass kits.

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #357 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 22:43:08 »
Paid. Invoice didn’t show up in the PayPal app for some reason but when I logged into PayPal website I saw it. Said due 26th, which was yesterday. That doesn’t affect my order does it ?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 01:16:49 »
Paid. Invoice didn’t show up in the PayPal app for some reason but when I logged into PayPal website I saw it. Said due 26th, which was yesterday. That doesn’t affect my order does it ?

should be fine if it wasn't cancelled
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #359 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 12:06:34 »
I never got an invoice, rip.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 14:53:03 »

Your order is good.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 14:53:59 »

You didn't submit an order if you believe you did with this ID in the google form.

Offline Prebeta

« Reply #362 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:38:55 »
Thanks for following up with all the PMs Senter <3

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:47:20 »
Should we follow this thread for updates or will they be posted somewhere else?

Offline eagleheardt

« Reply #364 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 19:59:42 »
Should we follow this thread for updates or will they be posted somewhere else?
 I second this! Just wanting to know where we can see what's up :)

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:15:57 »
Can anyone help me on what kind of caps I need to be looking for if I opted for the standard hotswap layout? I wasn't thinking about how the cap sizes are different, what would I need to look for in addition to a standard set of caps?

Offline babyphil

« Reply #366 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:27:01 »
Can anyone help me on what kind of caps I need to be looking for if I opted for the standard hotswap layout? I wasn't thinking about how the cap sizes are different, what would I need to look for in addition to a standard set of caps?
Keyset that supports a winkeyless style layout.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:37:49 »

I see. If I had got the HHKB layout would a standard set work or would I have to look for different sets as well? I was hoping to use my /dev/tty set on this board but I did not order the WKL options at the time, I only have a Novetouch right now.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #368 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:44:41 »

I see. If I had got the HHKB layout would a standard set work or would I have to look for different sets as well? I was hoping to use my /dev/tty set on this board but I did not order the WKL options at the time, I only have a Novetouch right now.

You need to make sure you have bottom row keys that fulfill the required HHKB bottom row layout, which is
1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:46:13 »

You need to make sure you have a bottom row layout that has the HHKB bottom row layout, which is
1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u

Gotcha. I didn't actually get the HHKB layout I was just curious if it had the same requirements. I guess I will need to decide on a new set of caps for this board too.

Offline boog

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 09:09:51 »
Loved the graphs of everyone’s customizations. They showed me how truly unoriginal I am haha.

Offline geewizwow

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 09:37:32 »
Graphs? :)

Offline boog

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60 (Last one day to order)
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 19:06:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hope this is helpful for buyers and other GB runners.

I'm surprised half of the buyers chose clear PC.

Sorry, yes 😬 ^^^

« Reply #373 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 23:31:13 »
Any chance for some measurements of the case? Want to know if my 60% sleeve will fit.
E6-V2 [Tealios] | RAMA M60-A [Zealios] | QXP [Healios]

Offline Choobies

« Reply #374 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 08:28:26 »
Any chance for some measurements of the case? Want to know if my 60% sleeve will fit.

[deleted]
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2019, 08:31:22 by Choobies »

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 15:55:59 »
Unfortunately for me, I need to back out of this GB. If anyone is interested in standard layout please PM me and I'll provide the details of my order as well as the price. Not looking to make any money, just get back what I paid for.

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #376 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 16:09:11 »
Unfortunately for me, I need to back out of this GB. If anyone is interested in standard layout please PM me and I'll provide the details of my order as well as the price. Not looking to make any money, just get back what I paid for.
Shot you a pm, sorry you have to give up your slot :(

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 16:11:06 »
Shot you a pm, sorry you have to give up your slot :(
PM sent.

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #378 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 16:27:06 »

You didn't submit an order if you believe you did with this ID in the google form.

Huh, I guess I must have ****ed up and and not hit submit or something.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #379 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 18:26:05 »
Was the green from the IC ever made?

"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 19:26:12 »
No
Was the green from the IC ever made?

Show Image

Offline etong415

« Reply #381 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 03:00:45 »
Are there plans for the plate files to be released in case we want to try different materials in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline garbo

« Reply #382 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:42:37 »
Are there plans for the plate files to be released in case we want to try different materials in the future?

imgur compression and the low resolution make things a little more awkward but it's still quite easy to trace a vector from the plate layout images in the OP, if it comes to that

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #383 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 07:31:28 »
Can anyone suggest some good hot swap switches? This is my first custom build and I’m not sure where to start. My current board is a Novatouch and I love the way that feels, anything close to that in the hot swap variety? Also, what stabs are recommended?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 14:43:25 »

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the invoice. Thank you, sir!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2019, 16:20:02 by Unforgivable »

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 20:52:59 »
Pm'd you Senter about taking over ixixmmx's slot

Offline mmontess

« Reply #386 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 09:08:18 »
Can anyone suggest some good hot swap switches? This is my first custom build and I’m not sure where to start. My current board is a Novatouch and I love the way that feels, anything close to that in the hot swap variety? Also, what stabs are recommended?

Topre boards are tactile, so I would recommend trying out some nice tactile switches. Personally I love zeal v2s and Holy Pandas (will probably be easy to find some once they ship from Massdrop). As far as stabs go, GMK screw in stabs are usually the best bang for your buck. Other people swear by zeal stabs, but they are quite a bit pricier. Just MAKE SURE YOU LUBE THEM. There are plenty of stab lubing guides out there, but it will give your board a much better feel.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 09:11:55 »

Topre boards are tactile, so I would recommend trying out some nice tactile switches. Personally I love zeal v2s and Holy Pandas (will probably be easy to find some once they ship from Massdrop). As far as stabs go, GMK screw in stabs are usually the best bang for your buck. Other people swear by zeal stabs, but they are quite a bit pricier. Just MAKE SURE YOU LUBE THEM. There are plenty of stab lubing guides out there, but it will give your board a much better feel.

Thanks for the suggestions. I see the Zeal V2’s being mentioned a lot, I might try those. From what I can tell, any switch will work on the hot swap board right?

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 10:02:02 »

I would suggest Zilent 62g v2 switches.

Offline etong415

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 11:26:09 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I see the Zeal V2’s being mentioned a lot, I might try those. From what I can tell, any switch will work on the hot swap board right?

As long as the hot swap PCB has the pinholes for the legs on a PCB mount switch, it should work with any MX style switch

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #390 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 13:17:15 »

As long as the hot swap PCB has the pinholes for the legs on a PCB mount switch, it should work with any MX style switch

Got it, thanks. I am not sure if this PCB will have the pinholes or not.

Offline etong415

[GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 15:04:07 »

If it doesn't have the pin holes you can just clip off the legs on the PCB mount switches and they'll work! I wouldn't worry too much about switch compatibility, as long as they're MX-style switches

Got it, thanks. I am not sure if this PCB will have the pinholes or not.
You can always just clip the legs off. I wouldn’t worry too much about switch compatibility
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 February 2019, 12:35:54 by etong415 »

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 07:53:45 »
212280-0

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 07:54:54 »
(Attachment Link)

I hear ya, I regret getting the standard layout and not the HHKB now. Should have bought both!

Offline 0sirisTV

« Reply #394 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 12:34:15 »
If anyone is looking to sell their spot please PM me.

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 17:07:46 »
Senter, I PM’d you. Please transfer my slot to DocNoc. Thank you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 21:51:07 »
Found a few more shots of our beloved
https://m.zfrontier.com/post/detail/11486

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 22:43:41 »
I already regret going standard top and not WKL.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 22:46:40 »
I already regret going standard top and not WKL.

Yeah seeing only images of the WKL versions has me thinking standard won’t be as nice. I went with PC though and don’t like seeing the plate underneath, that’s why I went with standard.