Author Topic: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS  (Read 570979 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 23:42:56 »
Anyone know what numpad they are going to use with this?

E2-V1 would be perfect. but they haven't run a GB for it yet...

Offline Yayification

« Reply #1201 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 07:19:04 »
Hi Kuang sent you an email about address change for E24

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1202 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:50:46 »
Hello Kuang,

Just emailed you w/ my address! Thanks!

Offline kingdomfurnding

« Reply #1203 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 10:36:01 »
Could someone send me their hex file of BootmapperClient to me plz. I just screwd mine and i just cant restore the setup. many thanks!!
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 11:48:11 by kingdomfurnding »

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1204 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 11:42:05 »
Could someone send me their hex file of BootmapperClient to me plz. I just screwd mine and i just cant restore the setup. My mail adress is *@gmail.com, many thanks!!

Probably unwise to post your email so openly.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:05:21 by Gajible »

Offline kingdomfurnding

« Reply #1205 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 11:56:40 »
Could someone send me their hex file of BootmapperClient to me plz. I just screwd mine and i just cant restore the setup. My mail adress is kingdomfurnding@gmail.com, many thanks!!

Since im still new to this community, there are lots of thing that i dont know about. Thank for reminding me.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #1206 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 23:53:10 »
Could someone send me their hex file of BootmapperClient to me plz. I just screwd mine and i just cant restore the setup. My mail adress is kingdomfurnding@gmail.com, many thanks!!

Since im still new to this community, there are lots of thing that i dont know about. Thank for reminding me.
just pm me u address .i will sent u .

Offline PurpleURP

« Reply #1207 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:17:53 »
I'm looking for an extra blank name plate.  Does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1208 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 22:19:42 »
I'm looking for an extra blank name plate.  Does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

I have a blank red.
I also have a "blank" purple that was a re-anodized one and I can see that it had the "exclusive e8-v1" logo under it.
-Dana

Offline PurpleURP

« Reply #1209 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:36:14 »

I have a blank red.
I also have a "blank" purple that was a re-anodized one and I can see that it had the "exclusive e8-v1" logo under it.

Thank you for the offer.  I guess i should have specified I'm ideally looking for Black, Green, or Blue.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #1210 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:02:47 »
Unpacking the boards: https://imgur.com/a/VSfYf

I have outfitted one PCB with some Holtites I got from Zeal, they all fit wonderfully. In addition I have some Lead Switch and LED Holtites coming from Winkeyless and will update yall on the fit. Invyr Panda switches don't fit.

Mine are not sitting tight unfortunately. Guess I either have to add a bit of solder or just leave them off completely :/

Offline odd

« Reply #1211 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 05:02:18 »

I have a blank red.

I'll take the blank red one off your hands if you still have it. let me know, thanks.

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1212 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 17:02:10 »
Has anyone finished more boards? I'd love to see more photos! Anyway, here's a Holtite update for you:

All around they fit great. The LED ones are a super tight fit, but easy to install if you know what you're doing (still somewhat of a pain, book on tape meditation go!). The Switch version sit in there damn well too. I'll be taking some macro shots, later today and will update this post with pictures. Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/kWovE

Yes, yes, I know I need a legitimate macro lens, I'm working on getting one. This is the best I can do with the stock lens at the moment.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:39:29 by Vloshko »
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1213 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 17:47:06 »
I've just finished moving and need to unpack a lot of stuff...  But when I finally have more time, I look forward to assembling my kit.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline cissfoxx

« Reply #1214 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:00:27 »
Has anyone finished more boards? I'd love to see more photos! Anyway, here's a Holtite update for you:

All around they fit great. The LED ones are a super tight fit, but easy to install if you know what you're doing (still somewhat of a pain, book on tape meditation go!). The Switch version sit in there damn well too. I'll be taking some macro shots, later today and will update this post with pictures.
Which holtites sockets did you use?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1215 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:10:52 »

I have tried the ones offered by Winkeyless and some I got in bulk from Digikey and Mouser Electronics. I ended up going with the Gold Plated ones from the latter two:

8134-HC-8P2: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/8134-HC-8P2/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduh0Wkxb%2fgXI2c7uzCl7ghbT1Lxnixj1lmdpMsUwZwVrAA%3d%3d
and
8134-HC-5P2: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/8134-HC-5P2/A107431-ND/2135765

pictures again: https://imgur.com/a/kWovE
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:25:49 by Vloshko »
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline mmdango

« Reply #1216 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:57:33 »

I have tried the ones offered by Winkeyless and some I got in bulk from Digikey and Mouser Electronics. I ended up going with the Gold Plated ones from the latter two:

8134-HC-8P2: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/8134-HC-8P2/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduh0Wkxb%2fgXI2c7uzCl7ghbT1Lxnixj1lmdpMsUwZwVrAA%3d%3d
and
8134-HC-5P2: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/8134-HC-5P2/A107431-ND/2135765

Awesome, thanks for this info!

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #1217 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 19:05:56 »
What is the price for them? Im a little confused when looking at the website

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 19:07:32 »
What is the price for them? Im a little confused when looking at the website

it's tiered pricing, so it depends on how many you order
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1219 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 00:08:48 »
can someone please remind me what is on this PCB for the controller? I'm trying to figure out where the details are for programing this thing - RGB backlighting and LED on/off/modes and function layers

I keep reading the OP and i cant find anything
-Dana

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1220 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 00:38:12 »
can someone please remind me what is on this PCB for the controller? I'm trying to figure out where the details are for programing this thing - RGB backlighting and LED on/off/modes and function layers

I keep reading the OP and i cant find anything

Bootmapper Client

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1221 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 01:10:29 »
lol, didn't even look.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 06:00:23 by Vloshko »
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1222 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 01:26:00 »
Cool, thanks!
-Dana

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #1223 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 06:26:47 »

and

I have the same ones and mine are comparatively loose in the PCB. I will need to solder them. Guess I got unlucky with my PCB.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1224 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 12:54:23 »
Hey Kuang,

I was wondering if there were any new updates regarding the next batch of boards for shipping?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #1225 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 19:17:01 »
Anyone know what numpad they are going to use with this?

E2-V1 would be perfect. but they haven't run a GB for it yet...
It will comes I got prototype in my hands

Offline actualglacier

• Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
  • 😳
« Reply #1226 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 07:11:42 »
Hey Kuang,

I was wondering if there were any new updates regarding the next batch of boards for shipping?

Seconding this.

actualglacier on youtube

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1227 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 00:02:54 »

Hey does anyone have like a KLE or something that shows the layouts that the 1.25u blocker version supports? Thanks!

Offline PurpleURP

« Reply #1228 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 20:58:40 »
I figure I'd post here as a heads up to everyone who has gotten their board.  I ended up shocking mine with static electricity and it wiped the firmware.   I've contacted Kuang2, and he provided some instructions and a .Hex and keymap file, but his method did not work. The board does not seem to take any firmware upload no matter what I try.

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend everyone make sure their pcb isn't touching their case anywhere in case you end up shocking your's as well.  I think the mini-b port was touching the case on mine.

That said, has anyone had a similar issue and know a fix? If not, I guess I'm looking for anyone that has an extra PCB they would be willing to sell.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1229 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 22:16:05 »
I figure I'd post here as a heads up to everyone who has gotten their board.  I ended up shocking mine with static electricity and it wiped the firmware.   I've contacted Kuang2, and he provided some instructions and a .Hex and keymap file, but his method did not work. The board does not seem to take any firmware upload no matter what I try.

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend everyone make sure their pcb isn't touching their case anywhere in case you end up shocking your's as well.  I think the mini-b port was touching the case on mine.

That said, has anyone had a similar issue and know a fix? If not, I guess I'm looking for anyone that has an extra PCB they would be willing to sell.

Well that stinks. I have shocked myself on mine a few times. On my other keyboards as well...  darn carpets in winter.  I’ve purchased some electrical tape and I plan to tape around the USB port as you suggested.  Thanks for the heads up.  I hope you get yours fixed or find a new one

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #1230 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 20:16:19 »
Where is jhoang ?

When will he return?

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1231 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 21:08:10 »
Where is jhoang ?

When will he return?

184748-0

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #1232 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 01:13:53 »

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1233 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 01:27:34 »

Can you post his instructions?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1234 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 07:22:28 »
I’ve shocked myself on the keyboard few times in the past and it always caused the usb device to restart in windows.   Windows plays the disconnect and reconnect sounds.

I opened mine up and wrapped the usb connector with electrical tape.  Last night I came back to the computer and shocked myself on the case from static electricity. However, this time there was no usb restart.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 December 2017, 07:24:57 by reececonrad »

Offline PurpleURP

« Reply #1235 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 14:37:42 »

-          Unplug all your keyboards.

-          Holding ESC key on E8-V1, plug it to USB (I recommend not using through USB hub – direct to your computer is better). All LED indicator will be flash. Release ESC key.

-          Open bootmapper client, choose Options tab. Click to EEPROM All Clear.

-          Upload firmware (ps2avrGB_NKRO.HEX).

-          After finish, unplug then plug your keyboard again.

-          At first tab (Key Mapper), load keymap_gb_xxxx.hex, then uploading.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1236 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 17:40:22 »

-          Holding ESC key on E8-V1, plug it to USB (I recommend not using through USB hub – direct to your computer is better). All LED indicator will be flash. Release ESC key.

-          Open bootmapper client, choose Options tab. Click to EEPROM All Clear.

Have links to these hex files been posted somewhere?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #1237 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 18:25:18 »

I believe the winkeyless site has those files as it's the default firmware

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1238 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 21:57:46 »

I believe the winkeyless site has those files as it's the default firmware

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I guess I was really just talking about the keymap_gb_xxxx.hex file. Which I doubt winkeyless would have.

Offline frostylove

« Reply #1239 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 00:50:56 »
Still not shipped after 10 months?
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1240 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 01:42:52 »
Still not shipped after 10 months?

Partially shipped, but communication has broken down again.

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #1241 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 19:23:23 »
This is kind of alarming. I've emailed Kuang twice, after he's said my board was on hold, and I've had no reply.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #1242 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 14:00:01 »
This is kind of alarming. I've emailed Kuang twice, after he's said my board was on hold, and I've had no reply.

Everyone else faced the same experience before the first batch of keyboards were shipped. Just be patient and wait. :thumb:

Offline mniels

« Reply #1243 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 17:39:11 »
So.....the guy I sold my spot to has opened a dispute against me through PayPal, and apparently I am screwed.  Does anyone out there know ANYTHING even mildly definitive about what is going on?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1244 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 00:47:27 »
So.....the guy I sold my spot to has opened a dispute against me through PayPal, and apparently I am screwed.  Does anyone out there know ANYTHING even mildly definitive about what is going on?

I would email Kuang2 and let him know you need help getting your board to the top of the list to ship... and you'll probably need to re-pay for shipping if you want to make this all happen. Otherwise you're kind screwed is my guess.

If I was in your situation, i would A. be pissed. and B. give the guy his money back and just wait for your board to ship, then sell it if you dont want it.
-Dana

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1245 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 01:05:33 »

Can we blackball whoever this **** is from like.. everything? What an absolutely shiesty thing to do.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 December 2017, 01:08:47 by Gajible »

Offline mniels

« Reply #1246 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 06:21:14 »

I would email Kuang2 and let him know you need help getting your board to the top of the list to ship... and you'll probably need to re-pay for shipping if you want to make this all happen. Otherwise you're kind screwed is my guess.

If I was in your situation, i would A. be pissed. and B. give the guy his money back and just wait for your board to ship, then sell it if you dont want it.

I'll reach out but I am not that hopeful.  The big issue (other than the fact that this is a really sh!tty thing for one member to do to another) is the $500 I can't afford to lose two days after Christmas.  It has been a tough year, but I managed to scrape together a semi-decent Christmas for my two little girls.  Now I am tapped, and if PayPal tries to hit my bank for that money it is going to start a very nasty chain reaction.

I sold my spot in June after hitting some money issues, and am not a currently active member of any group buys of any kind because it will be a while before I can afford them again.

The other big issue is getting a hold of PayPal.  I have been trying to get them on the phone since Friday.  Even the call back feature when you get put on hold is apparently not working.

Offline mniels

« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 08:07:31 »
Luckily, I just got off the phone with PayPal after trying since Friday, and they have agreed to keep the investigation open.  The invoice states that what was sold was "E8-V1 Group Buy," I think that might help.  Looks like I will be collecting messages and reaching out to Kuang2. 

If nothing else, I am a little less stressed at the moment.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1248 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 19:00:06 »
Luckily, I just got off the phone with PayPal after trying since Friday, and they have agreed to keep the investigation open.  The invoice states that what was sold was "E8-V1 Group Buy," I think that might help.  Looks like I will be collecting messages and reaching out to Kuang2. 

If nothing else, I am a little less stressed at the moment.

Good. I hope it works out for you man.

Offline kuang2

« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 09:09:04 »
Hi guys,

I would like to sincerely sorry for not completing the E8-V1 in the promised timeline. As I mentioned in the first place, I can’t dedicate full time to sorting and shipping and it’s end of year, my busiest time of the year. Moreover, my Paypal account is having some problem. Though I tried to contact Paypal, it hasn’t been solved yet. I will resume shipping in the first week of Jan 2018. Exclusive has started shipping out E6-V2 as well.

So on behalf of E-Team, we hope you enjoyed your time with friends and family during Christmas and wish you all the best in the upcoming year. We do hope that you guys will support us in the upcoming projects too.