Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766784 times)

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1450 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:10:33 »

...if one of you that are responsible for running things could update the thread once the premium kits, kits with brass plates and kits with 12º feet are ready to be packed and/or shipping that'd be great!

Ok.

Saw someone already got their exent premium kit on reddit

That's definitely not a premium kit.

The issue with the screw in stabs are not that uncommon but the LED issue is worrying. Let's hope it's a one time thing or a shipping issue.

graefeln's post addresses the issue with screw-in stabs adequately without the need for me to expound further.

Regarding the SMD LED issue - yes, it was picked up during QC. And no, it is definitely not a "one time thing". Do expect more PCBs to arrive like that.

We flashed each board individually and entered bootmapper to test random keys + LED functionality. Upon discovering that some PCBs had LEDs turned off, or LEDs where only 2 of the 3 colors worked, we were faced with two choices:
1) Send the faulty boards back to China to get reworked. This would have delayed the GB by at least 2-3 more months (I sh*t you not). The first batch of basic kits would've still been unassembled. Nothing would have shipped yet.
2) Ship the kits anyway, and teach the people with wonky LEDs how to fix them. It literally only takes a minute if you know what you're doing, or 5 minutes if you don't.

No prizes for guessing how we proceeded, and I'm willing to wager most other GB organizers would have done the same. As a fellow GB participant, it is also my opinion that issues such as these are resolved best (and quickest) as a collective, rather than be carried solely by the runners.

Sadly, I am well aware that there will invariably be a group of people who bought into the Exent with a customer/consumer mindset rather than as a community member, whose fingers are itching to type "I paid good money for this board, I expect it to arrive flawlessly!!!!11 Don't give me excuses for the LEDs, they're your problem not mine!!!111" even while reading this sentence  ;) Well, if you're one of them, there really is no point in me attempting to change your belief system or way of thinking. The debate could go on forever. Just yell at me if you must, and move on.

Back to the issue at hand - For those who are unfamiliar, the LEDs aren't working properly simply due to poor contact. That's all. Nothing too sinister or complicated. Read my post here if you want a better idea (both PCBs came from the same source). We have already weeded out the PCBs with major issues e.g. dead controller, so what you receive should well be user-fixable. But feel free to send me a PM if you still can't figure it out.

You guys have been really great lately. The Exent was my first GB ever, and I am not disappointed. In the mean time I've picked up a POK3R RGB, dropped way too much on keycaps, and developed an awesome business relationship with Rama. I'm really proud to be part of this community. Everything will be worth it when the board is in hand, I'm not speaking for anyone else, because they're allowed to be unhappy. I spent more money on this than almost anything else before in my adult life, but as a writer I want to have a beautiful statement piece that I use every day.

Fixing the LEDs? That's just one more project I get to do with this awesome build.

Can't wait. <3

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1451 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:13:12 »

...if one of you that are responsible for running things could update the thread once the premium kits, kits with brass plates and kits with 12º feet are ready to be packed and/or shipping that'd be great!

Ok.

The issue with the screw in stabs are not that uncommon but the LED issue is worrying. Let's hope it's a one time thing or a shipping issue.

graefeln's post addresses the issue with screw-in stabs adequately without the need for me to expound further.

Regarding the SMD LED issue - yes, it was picked up during QC. And no, it is definitely not a "one time thing". Do expect more PCBs to arrive like that.

We flashed each board individually and entered bootmapper to test random keys + LED functionality. Upon discovering that some PCBs had LEDs turned off, or LEDs where only 2 of the 3 colors worked, we were faced with two choices:
1) Send the faulty boards back to China to get reworked. This would have delayed the GB by at least 2-3 more months (I sh*t you not). The first batch of basic kits would've still been unassembled. Nothing would have shipped yet.
2) Ship the kits anyway, and teach the people with wonky LEDs how to fix them. It literally only takes a minute if you know what you're doing, or 5 minutes if you don't.

No prizes for guessing how we proceeded, and I'm willing to wager most other GB organizers would have done the same. As a fellow GB participant, it is also my opinion that issues such as these are resolved best (and quickest) as a collective, rather than be carried solely by the runners.

Sadly, I am well aware that there will invariably be a group of people who bought into the Exent with a customer/consumer mindset rather than as a community member, whose fingers are itching to type "I paid good money for this board, I expect it to arrive flawlessly!!!!11 Don't give me excuses for the LEDs, they're your problem not mine!!!111" even while reading this sentence  ;) Well, if you're one of them, there really is no point in me attempting to change your belief system or way of thinking. The debate could go on forever. Just yell at me if you must, and move on.

Back to the issue at hand - For those who are unfamiliar, the LEDs aren't working properly simply due to poor contact. That's all. Nothing too sinister or complicated. Read my post here if you want a better idea (both PCBs came from the same source). We have already weeded out the PCBs with major issues e.g. dead controller, so what you receive should well be user-fixable. But feel free to send me a PM if you still can't figure it out.

So yet another problem with the production, and you guys say "**** it, we'll do it live!"  Bill O'Reilly would be proud.   :rolleyes:

I can understand how that might be the path of least resistance given everything that's happened up to this point, but that doesn't make it OK.  It's true that I can probably fix a bad solder joint on my own.  But I shouldn't have to. 

The way you've (plural) handled this tells me I should never touch another project associated with codywanks, yuktsi, juahenza, RAMA, Originative, TGR, TARO, NTW, or ACENIC.  That's probably a little unfair to RAMA, among others, but it's clear now this is not a team that can get the job done in a timely, professional, and respectful manner.  Even if every single problem that's plagued this project was out of your control, it shows that you chose your partners/vendors poorly and you still shoulder 100% of the blame.  Why the hell would anyone want to work with you after this?

Thanks for at least trying to deliver something, I guess.  That's more than I can say for some of these failed GBs.   :(  Your brutal (if mildly insulting) honesty is also better than what we usually get in these situations: radio silence.  So there's something to be said for that too.  Trying to find a silver lining here...

Don't blame RAMA, he only designed it and thats where hes relationship with it ends.

Nothing could be more true. :(

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1452 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:18:52 »
Every name associated with this GB has forever lost my business.

I hope Rama isn't included in this... Loveable guy :'(

He absolutely is. Him most of all, perhaps.

You'll say Rama is just the designer, and I'll say how did we end up with our current leadership? Did Rama just say "hey whoever wants this, take it" or did he actively choose them? Either way, he can't be trusted to select capable leadership for the production of his designs. His name, attached to a project, is rendered meaningless.

I would say that he is certainly not the most to blame, but he may have the most at stake.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1453 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:20:48 »

Ok.

You guys have been really great lately. The Exent was my first GB ever, and I am not disappointed. In the mean time I've picked up a POK3R RGB, dropped way too much on keycaps, and developed an awesome business relationship with Rama. I'm really proud to be part of this community. Everything will be worth it when the board is in hand, I'm not speaking for anyone else, because they're allowed to be unhappy. I spent more money on this than almost anything else before in my adult life, but as a writer I want to have a beautiful statement piece that I use every day.

Fixing the LEDs? That's just one more project I get to do with this awesome build.

Can't wait. <3

I'm less concerned about the led issue, and more concerned about the lack of updates and responses to PMs. I don't mind delays, but I like to have some rough sense of status.

Just because a GB is a "community purchase", it doesn't mean it can't be managed well.

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1454 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 11:26:15 »

Ok.

Can't wait. <3

I'm less concerned about the led issue, and more concerned about the lack of updates and responses to PMs. I don't mind delays, but I like to have some rough sense of status.

Just because a GB is a "community purchase", it doesn't mean it can't be managed well.

Yeah, lack of updates was absolutely heartbreaking. It got to a point I had to just start some other projects to forget about the delays and the dark turn this whole thing has taken over the last few months.

Would love to fast forward and see everyone's beautiful boards on display.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1455 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:06:05 »
Yeah, lack of updates was absolutely heartbreaking. It got to a point I had to just start some other projects to forget about the delays and the dark turn this whole thing has taken over the last few months.

I'm almost at this point. I ordered a premium kit which has gotten no updates lately, so I assume it's not going to ship anytime soon. I'm about to give up on being optimistic and kinda forget about all of this until my Exent magically shows up at my doorstep.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1456 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:18:37 »

I'm almost at this point. I ordered a premium kit which has gotten no updates lately, so I assume it's not going to ship anytime soon. I'm about to give up on being optimistic and kinda forget about all of this until my Exent magically shows up at my doorstep.

I'm just asking for any update or a response to my PM. Not even looking for a shipping update, tbh. I have a lot of patience, but this is just totally unprofessional.

I have only PM'd these guys *once* since I paid their invoice in Feb. A simple courtesy response would be nice. I also don't understand people making excuses for them. If this is a "community" buy, then how about just showing some decency and providing updates to the community members that support you?

Their lack of response to the questions people are asking on this thread, and the lack of replies to PM, speak volumes about what they think about this community.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:21:47 by rmendis »

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1457 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:30:51 »

Yeah I got Premium with Brass and both bottoms. I'm anticipating Jan / Feb tracking info.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #1458 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:45:16 »

I'm just asking for any update or a response to my PM. Not even looking for a shipping update, tbh. I have a lot of patience, but this is just totally unprofessional.

I have only PM'd these guys *once* since I paid their invoice in Feb. A simple courtesy response would be nice. I also don't understand people making excuses for them. If this is a "community" buy, then how about just showing some decency and providing updates to the community members that support you?

Their lack of response to the questions people are asking on this thread, and the lack of replies to PM, speak volumes about what they think about this community.

That's how I have felt this entire time.  Delays happen and we all get that.  But lack of communication is something we shouldn't have to expect and/or deal with.  Gets pretty discouraging to come in daily to check for updates and only see a slew of people asking the same questions over and over again.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1459 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 13:31:23 »
Heyy!

Instead of trying to finding who is guilty (very pointless ! **** has happen, if you are not happy you can just don’t buy for the name associated, no need to spread it here!!!!), we can focus and what will be done in the near futur for this GB.

1: Is it possible as suggested for you (the maker) to fix our PCB for the one who are waiting for alu bottom, gray, premium... I think you have time for this, and if not, it can add a little delay that some of us are willing to accept (me for example!)

2: any news on gray anodizing? And alu bottom in general.

I would like to thanks you in advance for your response. Even is if was maybe bot perfect, I just see you are trying your best and I am not worried at all! Your product is amazing.  :thumb:

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1460 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 14:08:58 »
Heyy!

Instead of trying to finding who is guilty (very pointless ! **** has happen, if you are not happy you can just don’t buy for the name associated, no need to spread it here!!!!), we can focus and what will be done in the near futur for this GB.

1: Is it possible as suggested for you (the maker) to fix our PCB for the one who are waiting for alu bottom, gray, premium... I think you have time for this, and if not, it can add a little delay that some of us are willing to accept (me for example!)

I would like to thanks you in advance for your response. Even is if was maybe bot perfect, I just see you are trying your best and I am not worried at all! Your product is amazing.  :thumb:

1. No one is spreading anything. I just want an update and reply to PM asking for status.

2. How can you say the product is amazing when you haven't got it yet?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1461 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 14:31:11 »
Heyy!

1. No one is spreading anything. I just want an update and reply to PM asking for status.

It look amazing and I'm sure it is, maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. And I was not targeting you, but just globaly, there was a lot of people saying "i don't want to buy anymore" , okay , do what you want, no need for 20 post!

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1462 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 14:36:29 »
Heyy!

It look amazing and I'm sure it is, maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. And I was not targeting you, but just globaly, there was a lot of people saying "i don't want to buy anymore" , okay , do what you want, no need for 20 post!

Fair enough. I mean, I bought it because I think it looks great, too. That doesn't mean everything is good with the buy.

It would be nice to have communication from the seller on the status, no? I asked via PM to confirm my order and get a quick status that I haven't been forgotten. I think I bought the base kit, which people are saying has shipped, but I don't have tracking. So no clue what's going on.

I guess if you are still happy regardless of no status and no delivery, and some bad PCB news, no need to worry. =)

Offline Gettys

« Reply #1463 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 14:54:00 »
Heyy!

Fair enough. I mean, I bought it because I think it looks great, too. That doesn't mean everything is good with the buy.

It would be nice to have communication from the seller on the status, no? I asked via PM to confirm my order and get a quick status that I haven't been forgotten. I think I bought the base kit, which people are saying has shipped, but I don't have tracking. So no clue what's going on.

I guess if you are still happy regardless of no status and no delivery, and some bad PCB news, no need to worry. =)

I think they are going out in waves.  I'm in the same boat for the base kit but with a grey case so mine will be delayed regardless.  Hopefully we get a more concrete answer for timelines and whats shipped and not shipped.  But like  you said, it would be nice to have a spreadsheet for the orders to indicate if its shipped or not.

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #1464 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 20:57:44 »
All basic kits with no additional/upgraded parts had been shipped except for the grey top. Half of the aluminum bottom had been sent to anodizing, while the other half are still machining. No update for the grey top so far, they have still yet to work on it. A brief chat with the person in charge, the rework will involve stripping the anodized layer, sandblast, chemical etch and anodizing again. They will try to get some overtime workers to work on it in the coming weekend.

We will be working on the basic kits with the brass plate and 12 deg this week. Expected to have all of these shipped by the end of the week. Ideally, we will start working the premium kit the week after. All tracking will be updated to the PayPal once the parcel has been shipped.

Would appreciate a little more patience, slowly but surely, we are delivering. When there's any progress, I will update here. Else we are busy checking and packing the parts. Thanks.

456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #1465 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:12:30 »
All basic kits with no additional/upgraded parts had been shipped except for the grey top. Half of the aluminum bottom had been sent to anodizing, while the other half are still machining. No update for the grey top so far, they have still yet to work on it. A brief chat with the person in charge, the rework will involve stripping the anodized layer, sandblast, chemical etch and anodizing again. They will try to get some overtime workers to work on it in the coming weekend.

We will be working on the basic kits with the brass plate and 12 deg this week. Expected to have all of these shipped by the end of the week. Ideally, we will start working the premium kit the week after. All tracking will be updated to the PayPal once the parcel has been shipped.

Would appreciate a little more patience, slowly but surely, we are delivering. When there's any progress, I will update here. Else we are busy checking and packing the parts. Thanks.
Thank You for your update. Would the remained EXENT PCB be checked and fixed for the LED issue before shipping out?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1466 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 23:21:10 »
Are we still going to hit the early dec shipping date? I was hoping i'd receive the board before the year turns.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #1467 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 05:24:27 »
Thanks. For me no worries so take your time. I already have many keyboards to type on meanwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #1468 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 08:50:36 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
영어도 힘들고 기다리는거 너무너무 힘들어요. 크으....
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1469 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 08:53:45 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

Wut   :rolleyes:

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1470 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 09:09:07 »
I have brass plate and 8 deg. Is that in the basic kit/brass category or part of the 12 degree category?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline typischt

« Reply #1471 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 09:48:25 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

He said:
Oh, I'd like to pick you up soon ... ㅠ. ㅠ.
English is hard and waiting is too hard. Big ...
Lord Achan, please send me my deer!

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1472 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 09:56:20 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

He said:

Yeah yeah I also google translate it, but made me laugh to see that here XD

Offline typischt

« Reply #1473 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 09:59:22 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

He said:

Yeah yeah I also google translate it, but made me laugh to see that here XD
Haha, thought so, that you‘d gooled it, but it was too funny to not post it..!  ;)

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1474 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:05:56 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

translation:

OMG, I really want to receive my board ASAP.
In fact, I’m not good at English, and it’s extremely hard to wait for something.
Oh, Juahenza, please send me my board quickly. plz, plz, plz, plz!

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1475 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:08:14 »
아,빨리 수령하고 싶네요...ㅠ.ㅠ
주아헨자님,제것도 얼릉 좀 보내주세여!

translation:

OMG, I really want to receive my board ASAP.
In fact, I’m not good at English, and it’s extremely hard to wait for something.
Oh, Juahenza, please send me my board quickly. plz, plz, plz, plz!

The google translation is way funnier  ;D

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #1476 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:27:00 »
Yes it probably sucks for delayed shipment. But rushed shipment very rarely produce a desirable result.

I am all into waiting more to get a flawless keyboard. Those that complains about juahenza not replying, I understand but come on guys, this is a group project, he is not the only one in charge, and he have his actual work to do too.

Give him a break. And also ask nicely, pissing him off doesn't sound productive to me. He will still deliver the product as good as he can but I don't think this makes him wants to even read the emails no?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1477 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:37:33 »
Yes it probably sucks for delayed shipment. But rushed shipment very rarely produce a desirable result.

I am all into waiting more to get a flawless keyboard. Those that complains about juahenza not replying, I understand but come on guys, this is a group project, he is not the only one in charge, and he have his actual work to do too.

Give him a break. And also ask nicely, pissing him off doesn't sound productive to me. He will still deliver the product as good as he can but I don't think this makes him wants to even read the emails no?

Personally, I have zero issues with delays. My issue is with lack of status updates and responses.

I have asked nicely, and I don't spam. I only come here to complain if I don't get a response. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a reply.

Finally, I did get a response to my PM from juahenza, and I appreciate it.

Participating in a community buy and expecting reasonable communication are not mutually exclusive things.

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #1478 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:40:02 »

Personally, I have zero issues with delays. My issue is with lack of status updates and responses.

I have asked nicely, and I don't spam. I only come here to complain if I don't get a response. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a reply.

Finally, I did get a response to my PM from juahenza, and I appreciate it.

Participating in a community buy and expecting reasonable communication are not mutually exclusive things.
Thank you sir for being a reasonable and rational person.

If I offended you in any way please pardon me I didn't meant it.

I was just referring to some that bad mouthing. Especially those that weren't even in the Gb to begin with.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1479 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:45:10 »

I sympathise with Juahenza, he has been nothing but kind to me the times I had to contact him regarding address/order changes that I had to get done. **** happens, I have no problem believing most (if not all) the delays were beyond his control - however, can we please not go back to this now that the radio silence has been broken and that things seem to finally be on track to come to a close? It's old news. Things are happening. He doesn't need you to defend him.

He (and others responsible) has to read his emails and the thread, even when they are filled with things they don't want to see. It is his job, regardless of whether or not it is his "actual work". He tasked himself to run this. Doesn't matter if the uproar is something one some times wants to turn a blind eye to, it's about professionalism. When you take it upon yourself to do something like this you have to be ready and you FACE and SOLVE the situations and problems if/as they arise, you don't turn into an amoeba and lay down in your bed in fetal position or run to your "real job" and "real life" because people are angry and disappointed on the internet that you've mishandled the situation regarding their hobbyist keyboard. It is, again, about professionalism and commitment. When you willingly come on board of a group/community (as you yourself put it) project, as you sow, you shall reap. Brave on, deal with the backlash, come out on top. That's how it has to work if you want to maintain a customer base happy and uphold your reputation. This IS the business perspective that people need to understand.

You saying "but guys pls give him a break he only didn't respond for like 3 months after he said he'd give us weekly updates 4 months ago, if you guys keep complaining he's just gonna continue to not address this nightmare that he took upon himself to deal with" is not helping anyone, ESPECIALLY not Juahenza and the other affiliates. Let it go.

Offline wtzll

« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 17:19:15 »
Since these are shipping, I'll start work on the Ortho PCB variant. Who else wanted one? Features and price kinda depend on interest. So far I'm making a simple 1u grid, onboard controller, and no backlighting. Might offer some 2u spacebar and numpad options and backlighting if there's enough interest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Any progress on the ortho pcb? Would love to get one.
5975:JP

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1481 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 18:21:18 »
I guess the answer to my previous question was no. Thanks for posting an update then leaving again.

Looks like Nautilus will arrive before the board it will be on does. I'm already guessing the alu bottoms with the premium kits with extras are going to go last.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1482 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 00:21:49 »

Finally, I got this board. Unfortunately, I have the issue regarding PCB, too.
As seen in this pic, one LED isn't functioning properly, but it doesn't matter, cuz I'm planning to use just pink colors.

Thanks for my joining this GB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2017, 02:26:12 by Helldrop »

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #1483 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 00:24:09 »
Hi y’all, just received it. Tested the pcb and it works.
https://imgur.com/a/5JygE

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1484 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 02:43:26 »
Wow!  :eek: , this keeb look sick. I am so excited! I want mine toooo!

Any news on alu bottom and gray color? :) !

Offline Data

« Reply #1485 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 06:53:59 »

Dang.  :cool:

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #1486 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 07:06:46 »
Hi @juahenza. I chose a black version with brass plate and polycarbonate bottom... is it going to be shipped before Christmas? thx

--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #1487 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 07:29:30 »
what! purple one looks so gorgeous.
when I saw exent in reddit. It looks so bad. but Now I think it is no problem.
I think this keyboard's attactive point is for SA keycap.
no more,no less.
so when will it be shipped mine? Black with alu-bottom..

Offline mike873

« Reply #1488 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 07:52:37 »
I just want you all to know that my purple Exent is going to sport beige matt3o dev/tty caps with navy novelkeys switches (and dark yellow, and burnt orange if I can get 4); and it will be awesome!

And if that doesn’t work, then GMK Laser, whenever that shows up.

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #1489 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 10:25:10 »
I just want you all to know that my purple Exent is going to sport beige matt3o dev/tty caps with navy novelkeys switches (and dark yellow, and burnt orange if I can get 4); and it will be awesome!

And if that doesn’t work, then GMK Laser, whenever that shows up.

cant wait for the pics  :D

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1490 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 11:40:20 »
Geez that purple really is exceptional. I'm honestly furious about the PCB issues, inexcusable in my opinion.

Damnit why hasn't mine gotten here yet. I've been waiting for this thing for ****ing months.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1491 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 11:55:16 »
so i plugged mine in and no lights at all

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1492 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 11:57:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

Finally, I got this board. Unfortunately, I have the issue regarding PCB, too.
As seen in this pic, one LED isn't functioning properly, but it doesn't matter, cuz I'm planning to use just pink colors.

Thanks for my joining this GB.

very nice  :thumb:

I wish the feet came polished from the manufacturer though  :(

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1493 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 12:06:33 »
Show Image

Try turning the led on with bootmapper client.

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline demorior

« Reply #1494 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 12:10:21 »
Show Image

thanks that worked. only 1 led works :-/

Offline demorior

« Reply #1495 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 12:29:43 »
is there going to be some tutorial on performing a reflow for the LED problem?
i've soldered switches and inswitch LEDS but never RGB LEDs

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1496 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 12:48:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

Only one alive? Unlucky. Did you change Num of LEDs into 18?

Offline demorior

« Reply #1497 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 12:48:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Only one alive? Unlucky. Did you change Num of LEDs into 18?

yes, also tried changing the color of the LEDs and the one that works stays green.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1498 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 14:09:52 »
Reflow LED fix tutorial was posted earlier: https://imgur.com/a/qaj50

Offline demorior

« Reply #1499 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 14:25:31 »