Author Topic: Matias 60% Keyboard Group Buy  (Read 175242 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Matias 60% Keyboard Group Buy
« on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:08:48 »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline dante

Re: Matias 60% Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:16:33 »
Let the wallets bleed!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 13:25:25 »
I really want it but can't pay right now. Does anyone know how long the GB will stay open?
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 13:30:05 »
I really want it but can't pay right now. Does anyone know how long the GB will stay open?
There's the minor detail that it hasn't opened, yet.  :rolleyes:

The page is there, but when it passes your order on to the storefront ... the storefront says 'hey you didnt buy anything' because it hasn't been updated to know about the GB entries.

Hopefully sometime today. This is about the ... fifth? thread started to say hey look you can order it finally. Except as of this moment you can't  :eek:  :(

Hopefully today for real. I'm looking forward to it too.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 13:31:14 »
Now if I only knew what those linear switches were like.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 13:54:55 »
There's the minor detail that it hasn't opened, yet.  :rolleyes:
Well, that is certainly a part of the answer. :P

Now if I only knew what those linear switches were like.
Chances are you'll get the switches before the board anyway. I believe the lead time on this is 8-18 months. ;)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 16:20:37 »
This is about the ... fifth? thread started to say hey look you can order it finally. Except as of this moment you can't  :eek:  :(

But the only one in the correct place on the forum. ;D

Chances are you'll get the switches before the board anyway. I believe the lead time on this is 8-18 months. ;)

So fast!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:19:16 »
But the only one in the correct place on the forum. ;D

That's why I responded in this one.

It looks tentatively like it's working ... or at least, I was able to submit an order and received an email from the shop that it was entered...

Had to let both the switches and keycaps go by because of cost. That's going to make the nav-cluster hard to work with on my end but such is the life of someone with too many hobbies and not enough income.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline geniekid

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 10:48:55 »
I just put in an order for an assembled PC layout with linear switches!  Should be a nice surprise when I get this keyboard in 2016 :D

Offline Matias

• http://matias.ca
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 05:23:46 »
Thanks to everyone who's ordered so far!

We plan to keep the GB up until early January -- around 1.5 mths.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 13:28:30 »
Should be a nice surprise when I get this keyboard in 2016 :D

Right - By the time I get mine - I will have totally forgot about that 300$ purchase I did in 2014 :-)

@Matias - Do you have an idea on how many has been ordered so far?
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Dionysos

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 16:06:54 »
This is still up, does anyone have any more info about when this will end, and when shipping will begin? I'd like to get on the buy if it's not too far off.

Offline Matias

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:14:42 »
This is still up, does anyone have any more info about when this will end, and when shipping will begin? I'd like to get on the buy if it's not too far off.

Yes, we got enough orders to make the project happen.  We've left it up to see if we get enough to upgrade it to all PBT caps.

Offline pasph

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:48:30 »
Can i order 60% Keyboard PC - UK Layout with Quiet Linear switches?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline NoahBC

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 13:37:46 »
I have a couple of AEKII's that I would want to take the keycaps from, is it possible to only order the bottom row keys?

Also, if I ordered a pack of switches, a plate and a case, would it ship as it was ready or is everything going out at once?

Thanks Matias, you're making my dream keyboard!

Offline Matias

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 03:12:46 »
I have a couple of AEKII's that I would want to take the keycaps from, is it possible to only order the bottom row keys?

Yes, we'll be selling individual keys as well, so for now you can just order the parts that are available for order.  The individual key order form will be done separately.

Also, if I ordered a pack of switches, a plate and a case, would it ship as it was ready or is everything going out at once?

Everything would go out at once.

Thanks Matias, you're making my dream keyboard!

Thanks for saying so.  :-)

Can i order 60% Keyboard PC - UK Layout with Quiet Linear switches?

We're not offering that option at the moment, but that may change as we get closer to production.

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:46:09 »
I just noticed the PC version has a split right shift....could I do that to the mac one as well? Or does something prevent it?

❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline Matias

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 13:14:26 »
I just noticed the PC version has a split right shift....could I do that to the mac one as well? Or does something prevent it?

If you're building your own, you can get the split Shift by using the PC plate.

Offline U47

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 23:16:47 »
Just in case I'm missing something, the top options on the form are for a completed keyboard. If I want to build it myself, I have to order from the bits below, right?

Is it possible to buy a bare PCB as well as the components separately? If not, what components are required to make a bare PCB fly? Is there a parts list for Mouser/Digikey or anything?

I'm assuming harvested orange Alps switches would work in place of Matias ones, but is it possible to order just the correct number of switches for the kit? Or even to split a pack and get 100 linear and 100 quiet clicky?

Just about to pull the trigger.

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 21:38:01 »

Thanks that helps. To clarify this would also mean the full-nav cluster, is that correct?
A related question: will they keys in the nav cluster send different key codes than for example cmd-up? If so, that's great bc I always want more keys.

I'm trying to decide between the Mac and pc layouts.... For weeks.....losing sleep over it  :'(
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 06:53:58 »
I saw one option to get the case in alu ...
Wich one?
And the price??
OMFG!!!
Wallet hack ...
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Matias

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:33:27 »

Thanks that helps. To clarify this would also mean the full-nav cluster, is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

The PCB will likely be the same for both layouts, so you could just cut the plate where PgUp/PgDown and Home/End are, then solder one switch in the centre of each spot, to give you the right Option and Fn keys.

A related question: will they keys in the nav cluster send different key codes than for example cmd-up? If so, that's great bc I always want more keys.

The full nav cluster sends the codes for PgUp/Down, Home, and End, and Fn+Nav keys send unique codes you can hook into with macro software.

The for the model WITHOUT nav cluster, Fn+Arrows sends codes for PgUp/Down, Home/End.

I'm trying to decide between the Mac and pc layouts.... For weeks.....losing sleep over it  :'(

Remember, the PC one is switchable to Mac.  If you want more keys, that one definitely gives you more.

Offline Matias

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:51:22 »
Just in case I'm missing something, the top options on the form are for a completed keyboard. If I want to build it myself, I have to order from the bits below, right?

Yes, that's correct.

Everything below "DIY Component Parts" is for building your own.  Everything above is pre-assembled.

Is it possible to buy a bare PCB as well as the components separately? If not, what components are required to make a bare PCB fly? Is there a parts list for Mouser/Digikey or anything?

The bare PCB is offered mainly for those wanting to heavily modify it (for example, replacing the controller chip with their own custom one).

Since a lot of the parts are SMD, if you just want to solder different switches onto it, getting the "presoldered components PCB without switches" is probably the way to go.

I'm assuming harvested orange Alps switches would work in place of Matias ones, but is it possible to order just the correct number of switches for the kit? Or even to split a pack and get 100 linear and 100 quiet clicky?

We only sell the switches in packs of 200, but MechanicalKeyboards.com has 110-pacs and 90-packs...

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/?m=&c=52&l=product_list&sortby=price:desc

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 15:17:00 »
The PCB will likely be the same for both layouts, so you could just cut the plate where PgUp/PgDown and Home/End are, then solder one switch in the centre of each spot, to give you the right Option and Fn keys.

The full nav cluster sends the codes for PgUp/Down, Home, and End, and Fn+Nav keys send unique codes you can hook into with macro software.

The for the model WITHOUT nav cluster, Fn+Arrows sends codes for PgUp/Down, Home/End.

Remember, the PC one is switchable to Mac.  If you want more keys, that one definitely gives you more.

Wow! Thank you so much! This is exactly what I want. I will need to adjust my order from Mac to PC, then do the plate mod. I'm so excited!!  :thumb:
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 22:10:01 »
Are you using standard switches for the navigation cluster? It looks like the keys would be too small for standard switches to fit. Also, it looks like the bottom row keys are nonstandard. With all the recent Matias-made keycap talk, will you be offering custom sets for this board as well?

Finally, once this GB is complete, will this board ever become a standard product offering?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 10:32:54 »

Wow! Thank you so much! This is exactly what I want. I will need to adjust my order from Mac to PC, then do the plate mod. I'm so excited!!  :thumb:

Hi Matias, whom do I contact to adjust my existing order? I want to switch the plate and buy more stuff for self assembly.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline vindigo

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 11:52:44 »
Perhaps a question for Matias:
Is the "quiet linear switches" choice referring to either of:
1) 35cN linear switches with red stems, for example described in the open steno project here: https://www.crowdsupply.com/open-steno-project/mechanical-keyboard-switch
 OR
2) 55cN linear switches with with white stems, for example used in the KBParadise V60 Mini described here:
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1103

As Matias adds linear switches to their product line, which linear switch force will be initially dominant? 35cN, or 55cN, or something else?
Thank you.

Offline rz

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 13:02:24 »
When this GB will end?

Just ordered Ergo Pro (3rd run), hope to have it in July. Want to test out Matias switch and the lower bar before put down another 150.

Really intrigued by this board tho..

Offline Matias

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 13:56:37 »

Perhaps a question for Matias:
Is the "quiet linear switches" choice referring to either of:
1) 35cN linear switches with red stems, for example described in the open steno project here: https://www.crowdsupply.com/open-steno-project/mechanical-keyboard-switch
 OR
2) 55cN linear switches with with white stems, for example used in the KBParadise V60 Mini described here:
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1103

Yes, those are our switches.  They feel very nice if you like linear, and they are quiet.

As Matias adds linear switches to their product line, which linear switch force will be initially dominant? 35cN, or 55cN, or something else?
Thank you.

IMO if you need/like linear switches, around 35cN to 45cN is where you want to be.

As for linear vs. tactile, it depends on your application...

Linear switches are better if you are continuously pressing a small number of keys -- for example, WASD navigation while gaming.  Tactile switches are better if you are pressing lots of different keys in rapid succession -- typing, for example.

When this GB will end?

Just ordered Ergo Pro (3rd run), hope to have it in July. Want to test out Matias switch and the lower bar before put down another 150.

We're keeping the GB open for now.  We sold enough to upgrade everyone to PBT caps for all keys (which I'm very happy about).  The remaining PBT tooling should be done in about 3 months.

Are you using standard switches for the navigation cluster? It looks like the keys would be too small for standard switches to fit. Also, it looks like the bottom row keys are nonstandard. With all the recent Matias-made keycap talk, will you be offering custom sets for this board as well?

Yes, they are standard switches -- ALPS allow for 0.75u spacing and we did custom caps to support it.  We'll be offer custom sets for sure.

Finally, once this GB is complete, will this board ever become a standard product offering?

We haven't made a final decision on that yet.  However, if we do, we won't offer as many custom options as this GB does.

Offline rz

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 16:06:21 »

When will this GB end?

We're keeping the GB open for now.  We sold enough to upgrade everyone to PBT caps for all keys (which I'm very happy about).  The remaining PBT tooling should be done in about 3 months.

Thanks, guess I will have a little bit more time to think about this. Please give a warning here or on twitter when you decide to close the GB. :)

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 23:45:12 »
I second that about knowing before it closes.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 15:15:22 »
Yes I'd like to know as well. I will be joining as soon as possible but I will need to wait until my next paycheck.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:39:29 »

That is such a great news  :cool:
(not so new, sorry I don't visit often enough)
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline fishcola

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 18:39:27 »
hello!
I've lurked the Matias 60% order form for months at this point. In the fear of missing it, is there a concrete order deadline?

Offline 3rain3ug

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:08:17 »
Would be nice to get an update!
In some month I paid a Year ago and I think people like me want to know how the things going on...

Offline Matias

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:52:04 »
Thanks for asking.  We are indeed overdue for an update.  The main rate limiting step for the 60% keyboard is the PBT keycap tooling, so I'll focus on that for this update...

The keycap tooling has been underway for a while and I received T2 samples of the PBT keycaps last week.  It's looking good!  I'll be in China most of next month to oversee the T3 samples -- which hopefully will be final.

We also had to design a jig to hold the keycaps for the dye sub printing process.  That design was complicated somewhat by the smaller 3/4u keys, but I think most of the issues are now worked out.  Those who were at the Matias Meetup last month got to see the prototype jig -- there were pictures of the meetup posted on GH.

We're VERY excited with how this is going and the possibilities these keycaps open up for us and for the ALPS community generally.  Expect more updates next month, as things develop in China.  Also, feel free to post any questions here.  Thanks to everyone who ordered!

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:21:22 by Matias »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:44:04 »
Hey Matias what's the deadline for orders? At least a few different people are wanting to know.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Matias

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 13:38:51 »
Hey Matias what's the deadline for orders? At least a few different people are wanting to know.

We won't know the deadline until we're closer to production.  Until then, it will stay open.

The cutoff date will be about 2 months prior to production -- which is when we have to start ordering parts.

Offline 3rain3ug

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 05:07:44 »
Thanks for the News! =)

Offline crepusculat

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 09:26:09 »
I would be interested in joining the group buy if there was an option for a keyboard in a UK Mac layout. I guess there was too little interest in that option for it to be included explicitly - but am I right in thinking that something like it could be achieved if I ordered a PC ISO version and asked for the keys to be replaced where possible/ appropriate by those normally used for the US Mac version?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 19:45:04 »
I'm so ready for this now, after selling some key set off and have some $ in PayPal :)

It's good to be back to my old love :)

Offline Matias

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:08:22 »

I would be interested in joining the group buy if there was an option for a keyboard in a UK Mac layout. I guess there was too little interest in that option for it to be included explicitly - but am I right in thinking that something like it could be achieved if I ordered a PC ISO version and asked for the keys to be replaced where possible/ appropriate by those normally used for the US Mac version?

Yes, that's correct.  There is a DIP switch for selecting Mac or PC, for all the layouts.

BTW, I'm in China now.  The new keycap tooling is almost done!  And the 3D drawing of the 60% keyboard is nearly done too.  I'll be posting screen caps soon.

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered!

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 11:29:11 »
Getting close to a year after the OP. Any chances we hold in hands our keyboards before the end of 2016?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline RyanArr

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:09:51 »
Any word when the GB closes? Little short on coin ATM, but I'd hate to miss the deadline.

Offline tuananh_bkk

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 23:40:29 »
i email info@matias few days back but got no reply.

i was wondering which version is the mac version (Aluminum)? The black one or the white one?

Offline 3rain3ug

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 05:19:27 »
How are the things going on? Please give us an Update =)

Offline 3rain3ug

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:16:37 »
Nothing?

Offline Matias

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 23:20:49 »

We're long overdue for an update, so here we go...

The PBT keycap tooling is done, and the GB is getting upgraded to full PBT.  We're now working out the laser etching process for PBT.  We've been at it about 2 months, but I think we're close to being done.  I'm waiting to receive samples.

The case design is also mostly done.  I'll post some pictures soon.  I'm going to be in China again for the latter half of January, so I'm hoping to bring a sample back with me.

We also visited several aluminum factories.  We have 2 good candidates in the running.

That's all for now.  Feel free to post any questions.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Offline RyanArr

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 00:52:50 »
Glad to hear this project is moving along. A few questions:

Can you post images of all the layouts that are available? Specifically I'm wondering what the JIS layout looks like and how you're rearranging the mod row for it. Looking at the key counts on your order form it appears there may be some non-obvious differences between the Arrow Key and Full Nav versions of this one.

Can we count on some warning before the GB closes?

I believe you mentioned previously that the controller on a separate PCB so it will be easy to swap it for programability. Will there be specs available for the physical dimensions and electrical connections of the controller board so we can get a head start on this?

Any timeline on PBT keys for other boards? I'm typing this on my Ergo Pro on some very shiny and worn down keys. I may use some retro caps for the alphanumerics, but that doesn't help for the custom keys. (By the way, best keyboard ever, there's a reason I've already worn out the caps)

Offline Matias

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 15:29:09 »

Glad to hear this project is moving along. A few questions:

Can you post images of all the layouts that are available? Specifically I'm wondering what the JIS layout looks like and how you're rearranging the mod row for it. Looking at the key counts on your order form it appears there may be some non-obvious differences between the Arrow Key and Full Nav versions of this one.

See end of this post.

Can we count on some warning before the GB closes?

Yes, will definitely post before it closes.

I believe you mentioned previously that the controller on a separate PCB so it will be easy to swap it for programability. Will there be specs available for the physical dimensions and electrical connections of the controller board so we can get a head start on this?

We have daughter-board PCBs for our other keyboards (that have bigger bezels), but I'm not sure we'll be able to do it on this one.  Spacing is very tight.  Instead, we'll release the PCB drawing, so it'll be easy to get a custom PCB done.

Any timeline on PBT keys for other boards? I'm typing this on my Ergo Pro on some very shiny and worn down keys. I may use some retro caps for the alphanumerics, but that doesn't help for the custom keys. (By the way, best keyboard ever, there's a reason I've already worn out the caps)

Glad you like the Ergo Pro!

The PBT tooling is done.  We're just working out the details of legend printing.  For white legends on black PBT, we're doing laser.  I'm waiting on the samples now.

PC layouts are shown below.  The Mac layouts have L-Ctrl and Fn positions swapped...

120919-0

120925-1

120921-2

120927-3

120923-4

120929-5

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 15:36:58 by Matias »