Author Topic: must... resist... topre  (Read 41730 times)

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
Re: must... resist... topre
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:06:03 »
"Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!!" muhahahaha.  :p

I believe my brother is going for Cherry MX based keyboard. Not exactly sure which one he's going to get (plus I don't think he's a big fan of having varied keyboards let alone wanting something that is too fancy). Nonetheless he's a programmer and with me being more of a script monkey, I'm going to try and convert my brother into Topre guy. Muhahahahaha, with my HHKB of course (once I get it...).

I SO cannot wait! *contemplates on sending another email to his Japanese proxy whom is going to deliver him the HHKB along with the goodies.*
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:27:51 »
I've been holding out on Topre for my wallet's sake, but then participated in a few group buys and spent enough to have bought myself an HHKB anyway. This place, it does strange things to your inner voice of reason. 'Grats on the new board!

it's really weird.  I'm normally a conservative bastard, but the amount I've spent on metal novelties is mindboggling - and i'm not even done yet....

Welcome to Wallethack ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:43:53 »
I've been holding out on Topre for my wallet's sake, but then participated in a few group buys and spent enough to have bought myself an HHKB anyway. This place, it does strange things to your inner voice of reason. 'Grats on the new board!

it's really weird.  I'm normally a conservative bastard, but the amount I've spent on metal novelties is mindboggling - and i'm not even done yet....

Welcome to Wallethack ;)

Where the currecny are clacks

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:47:03 »

Welcome to Wallethack ;)

Where the currecny are clacks

If that is the case then I am very poor.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 10:44:03 »
Got the board and I absolutely love the feeling! I am truly one with cup rubber!!
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 12:44:46 »
Got the board and I absolutely love the feeling! I am truly one with cup rubber!!

grats
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 12:48:34 »
"Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!!"

Nice Borg reference :)

But it's not. I won't.  MX/BS ftw!!!
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline archer

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 13:20:24 »
It's encouraging to see all the love from new topre users. I own a variety of keyboards that are equipped with cherry MX blues, browns, blacks, and reds (my fav). I've recently been considering getting a realforce 87u with variable weight keys. This thread has pretty much convinced me that it's a good idea to give it a try!

Offline SNF

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 15:10:53 »
It's encouraging to see all the love from new topre users. I own a variety of keyboards that are equipped with cherry MX blues, browns, blacks, and reds (my fav). I've recently been considering getting a realforce 87u with variable weight keys. This thread has pretty much convinced me that it's a good idea to give it a try!

Do it  :thumb:

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 16:23:45 »
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 17:40:48 »

Glad you like it!  Smooth as butter.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:08:23 »
Funny thing is; I had truly calibrated my mind to be initially disappointed and to force myself to give it time, but as soon as I started typing on it I got the exact sound and feeling that I had been searching for with my hunt for the perfect keyboard over the past few years. Amazing stuff. Really not sure why there are comparisons to feeling similar to rubber domes but I have learned everyone's keyboard experience is predicated on personal taste.

The arrows are coming a little slow to me, but I did expect that the first day.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Offline lazylex

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:30:04 »
Funny thing is; I had truly calibrated my mind to be initially disappointed and to force myself to give it time, but as soon as I started typing on it I got the exact sound and feeling that I had been searching for with my hunt for the perfect keyboard over the past few years. Amazing stuff. Really not sure why there are comparisons to feeling similar to rubber domes but I have learned everyone's keyboard experience is predicated on personal taste.

Agreed 100%

The 'thock' is incredibly addictive!
I was worried the 45g would hinder rebound time but I am happy to note that my first 10ff test on the Topre resulted in 135wpm. Getting use to the shrunken form factor is definitely an odd feeling -- this is my very first TKL board..."so much room for activities!"

I was considering keeping a few of my other keyboards but the more I use the Topre, the more I realize they would just be gathering dust in the closet. I'm going to be selling all of my cherry PBTs and boards in the coming weeks and can happily say my fingers found their new home.

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:35:07 »
Don't be too hasty with selling off your old stuff... you never know what mood you may find yourself in one day and it'll be too late. Then you have the itch and before you know it; you've re-bought a similar board to one you had lol.

Once I graduate at the end of this semester and get a job in an office (I work from home now) I'll probably get a 87 key Realforce 55g for the office and use the HHKB at home. For now though; it's going with me whenever I go in for my internship :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:38:27 by unicomp_uc »

Offline Polymer

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 01:17:17 »

If you're ok w/ the arrow keys, that is most people's main problem w/ the layout...

Other than that is great...what I find odd is on my HHKB...CTRL (Capslock) is very natural to use..but when I'm on my RF which I've dipswitched to be the same way..it is less so...odd huh?  Maybe cause the HHKB is missing something there my mind doesn't even think about trying it...

The hardest part for me though was going back and forth w/ the backspace..I like the position..but it was really hard to go back and forth between a HHKB and other keyboards..now, for whatever reason it isn't that hard at all..

Offline PewMcDaddy

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 04:08:06 »
Remember that you also need a standard RF, a silenced RF, a variable silenced RF and a 55g RF.

Since I had a Filco with blues, an IBM Model M and a Choc Noppoo Mini with browns, I thought I would be coming full circle when I got my HHKB black and an extra set of black keycaps.

But the problem is all I could think about was "Oh now I wan't a Realforce board", "That white HHKB looks so damn sexy" and the result is that after spending hours lusting after those two keyboards, I bought them.

I should be getting them tomorrow. I totally don't regret it. After completing my order on EK, I thought I might have made a mistake. That lasted about five seconds!

Right now I think I will stop there (except for keycaps), but then again, I thought I was going to stop after getting my first board, the Filco.
Filco Majestouch TKL Cherry MX Blues
IBM Model M Spacesaver
Choc Noppoo Mini Cherry MX Browns
HHKB Pro 2 Black
HHKB Pro 2 White
REΛLFORCE 87U Ergonomically weighted
REΛLFORCE 87U Black 45g uniform
REΛLFORCE 87U White 55g uniform

Offline PewMcDaddy

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 04:37:32 »
Man I can't stop clicking the tracking link on my order from EK.

It's nice to share my passion for keyboards with others.

God! Why are keyboards so exciting!
Filco Majestouch TKL Cherry MX Blues
IBM Model M Spacesaver
Choc Noppoo Mini Cherry MX Browns
HHKB Pro 2 Black
HHKB Pro 2 White
REΛLFORCE 87U Ergonomically weighted
REΛLFORCE 87U Black 45g uniform
REΛLFORCE 87U White 55g uniform

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 11:16:12 »
I love all my boards for different reasons, but the hhkb is special for sure. Enjoy your purchases!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:08:58 »
Man I can't stop clicking the tracking link on my order from EK.

It's nice to share my passion for keyboards with others.

God! Why are keyboards so exciting!

Sounds like you will fit in well around here.

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:16:58 »

[/quote]

yes obssessive behavior is a requisite. Borderline personality disorder is also quite common.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:38:07 »

yes obssessive behavior is a requisite. Borderline personality disorder is also quite common.

you need to work on that quote system, bro :p

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:50:51 »
haha my bad.... I may or may not be a bottle deep into some Shiraz

Offline ctbear

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:54:51 »
unicomp I see that you also got the red Esc cap. Is it PBT or ABS?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:10:00 »
Let the cup rubber oneness flow through you... I have made the MX sacrifices necessary to please the Thorpe gods. 55g master race, here I come.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:39:08 »
55g HHKB master race, here I come.

fixed

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:41:52 »
unicomp I see that you also got the red Esc cap. Is it PBT or ABS?

PBT, but of course ;)

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:45:55 »
Let the cup rubber oneness flow through you... I have made the MX sacrifices necessary to please the Thorpe gods. 55g master race, here I come.

I want a realforce... I really love my 45 for the light touch on the HHKB (not a heavy handed SOB like Bro Caps  ;)) but with the plate mount I don't want it to be mushy. I think when I'm ready to get another board around X-mas time I'll try the 55g. If I <3, than I <3... If not, than I sell for a small loss.

If I sold it, I would be faced with a dilema... get a 45g Realforce for my future office job (more standard layout) OR get another HHKB for office use since by then I would probably be fully acclimated.

Such a dilema. Life truly is an endless struggle  :-\

Offline Polymer

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 20:27:58 »
IMO, plate mount isn't as satisfying...RF 45g actually feels slightly lighter than HHKB 45g...I've seen others say the same thing as well...It isn't the same comparison to PCB mounted vs. Plate mounted cherry switches...the HHKB is mounted as part of the case so it feels really solid..but slightly deeper in sound and less harsh...

That said, if you haven't tried it yourself, I'm sure you'll want to try it...I got my RF after my HHKB and to me, it actually took some getting used to..it just wasn't as thocky as I wanted it to be...it felt almost too light...

Offline Emospence

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 20:43:37 »
I want a realforce... I really love my 45 for the light touch on the HHKB (not a heavy handed SOB like Bro Caps  ;)) but with the plate mount I don't want it to be mushy. I think when I'm ready to get another board around X-mas time I'll try the 55g. If I <3, than I <3... If not, than I sell for a small loss.

If I sold it, I would be faced with a dilema... get a 45g Realforce for my future office job (more standard layout) OR get another HHKB for office use since by then I would probably be fully acclimated.

Such a dilema. Life truly is an endless struggle  :-\

Indeed. I want to get one for home and one for office and am pretty sure I will prefer 55g, but I definitely want to try 45g as well and I don't think I can be sure until I bring it home and use it for a period of time..
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 21:58:23 »
I'll have a Type-S and a RF 55g before the end of the year. **** MONEY. And I love pastaaaaa. With NOTHING. -_-;   #sobroke  I love topre feeling a bit too much I think. ;D
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 23:06:14 »
I don't understand why the love for Type S and the extra cost? If S is silent and yet people love Topre for the thock thock sound, why the heck you wanna dampen the sound and pay a lot more?

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 23:09:34 »
Because the price of the NORMAL one is not that far now (sadly) and...
<3 <3
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline keymaster

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 10:59:47 »
I don't understand why the love for Type S and the extra cost? If S is silent and yet people love Topre for the thock thock sound, why the heck you wanna dampen the sound and pay a lot more?

Because the "thock" sound is not dampened. The cheap, plastic sound on the upstroke is the only thing that's dampened.

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 16:26:58 »
God I would love a HHKB. I want to sell my Ducky Shine 3 YOTS for one, but I'm not sure if anyone will buy it.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 17:01:03 »
I'm buying my first keyboard soon and it will be a HHKB pro 2 (Odd i know) And i'm debating whether i should get a blank key one or not.  Just learning the new layout and getting used to the fn layers without letters would be a little of a daunting task. But it's just so beautiful with blank caps.

I could get a black one with letters and remember the fn layers and layout for a little  and get a blank white keycap set later and see if i could get used to it. And if i can't i can always sell them on here.

Wish me luck on my somewhat unique start in the keyboard world :P
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2013, 17:04:12 by Air tree »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 20:45:44 »
I'm buying my first keyboard soon and it will be a HHKB pro 2 (Odd i know) And i'm debating whether i should get a blank key one or not.  Just learning the new layout and getting used to the fn layers without letters would be a little of a daunting task. But it's just so beautiful with blank caps.

I could get a black one with letters and remember the fn layers and layout for a little  and get a blank white keycap set later and see if i could get used to it. And if i can't i can always sell them on here.

Sweet. I almost did but I want to give 55gs a try when they come in stock before I do anything rash :p

Offline Belfong

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 21:18:39 »

Sweet. I almost did but I want to give 55gs a try when they come in stock before I do anything rash :p
You made it sound like there is a 55g HHKB. There isn't, or am I dreaming?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 22:04:34 »
It's a mod.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 22:20:06 »

There isn't. I meant Realforce for the 55g. Oops  :p

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 01:12:34 »

There isn't.

Yes there is.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 01:45:59 »
Yes there is.

Sure you can do a mod and swap out the domes, we meant readily available

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 02:09:17 »

So after i play around with the HHKB what keyboard should i add to my list :P?

Offline Emospence

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:30:00 »
The 2 keyboards that I really want to bring home to try are HHKB and a 55g RF.

So I'm gonna vote the 55g RF ;)

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:50:06 »
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:52:42 »

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 05:18:09 »
Show Image

Deja vu.

Ive decided that this meme belongs in every topre thread.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 07:38:44 »

Because a non silenced Topre does not sound that great. What is great is the sound of the downstroke ("thump"). But on the upstroke it's a cheap plastic-against-plastic sound. It's always plastic against plastic, even if the keyboard is plate mounted.

Here are two examples of the difference between silenced and non silenced. These are keyboards I have silenced myself, so I did not pay the extra to get the Type-S models. In the case of the Leopold FC660C the Type-S does not exist anyway, and in the case of the Realforce 87U I could not get one (out of stock). I also believe that the way I silence them is more effective (quieter) than the factory Type-S: I silence the upstroke of the keys and the stabilizers, I fill the voids in the case with rubber foam to dampen resonance, and I add soft rubber foam feet to reduce the transmission of shock waves to the desk.

Silenced FC660C (only the top two rows are silenced, the rest of the board is not):
  http://www.chesstiger.com/images/keyboards/Silenced_FC660C.mp4

Silenced Realforce 87U vs non-silenced one. On this one you may believe the mic was much closer to the noisy keyboard, but actually the mic was exactly between the two boards. The silenced one is so silent you will believe it is 10 feet away or that I typed lighter on it on purpose. I did not. It's just that the silencing does a really good job.
  http://www.chesstiger.com/images/keyboards/RF87_silenced_before_after.mp4

Actually the silenced keyboards are so silent that you will have trouble hearing how they sound. It's not "Thock" anymore, it's a soft and classy "Thump".

Offline keymaster

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:55:52 »
Excellent video, spiceBar. I think people underestimate the silencing mod until they do it themselves. I can never own a non-silenced Topre keyboard again because I've become aware how much better it sounds with the silencing mod.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:07:44 »
Excellent video, spiceBar. I think people underestimate the silencing mod until they do it themselves. I can never own a non-silenced Topre keyboard again because I've become aware how much better it sounds with the silencing mod.

Thanks! I am planning to post a detailed howto about the Realforce mod. After the mod the keyboard feels like it is only one piece. No plastic noise, no cracking or rattling, it feels so solid! I had already posted the howto for the FC660C, but the Realforce is a little different and I took more pictures this time.

I notice the server with the videos is down at this time, so for those who would like to hear the difference please retry later if you cannot access the videos right now.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:13:40 »

Thanks! I am planning to post a detailed howto about the Realforce mod. After the mod the keyboard feels like it is only one piece. No plastic noise, no cracking or rattling, it feels so solid! I had already posted the howto for the FC660C, but the Realforce is a little different and I took more pictures this time.

I notice the server with the videos is down at this time, so for those who would like to hear the difference please retry later if you cannot access the videos right now.
On a side note how are is your Fc660C? Like the key printing wise?