Author Topic: Filco / Phantom universal plate adapters for Vortext / Tex cases (files!)  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
A while back I was making these for people but here they are.

These slide between the universal plate and the PCB providing a lip for the case to grab onto.
Stock Filco plates have a lip that is missing on universal plates, this lip is what holds the assembly together.
218910-0

Use:
Despite how they look they are not a rectangle, they are "L" shaped, the thicker leg slides between pcb and plate while the smaller lip pushes against the pcb preventing it from sliding in too far. 5 go across the top, 4 go across the bottom, one less is used because the spacebar stabs get in the way. Do not clamp down super tight on the case or it can crush the spacers and you want to make sure it's clamping evenly.

218920-1
218912-2
218916-3
218918-4

Printing instructions:
They are designed and oriented so printer precision is not super important, if you can print them, odds are they will work. I used PLA but almost any plastic could be used, just make sure it's dense as they will be crushed slightly. I tend to do 75% with 2 walls. It may be excessive, but these don't use a lot of plastic or take long to print. My original PLA ones, despite multiple rebuilds have lasted over 5 years. 

Compatibility:
They are known to work with Vortex TKL cases and Filco TKL pcb, however the Tex case should work and any standardized TKL pcb should work if it fits a universal TKL plate. There is also reason to believe these will work with matching full size keyboard/cases as well but I don't know if anyone has tried it (you will need more adapters). They also may allow a universal plate and possibly a Phantom PCB into a Filco case but again, this has not been tried.

If you do use them, post a reply with a pic and your parts so we know what does and does not work.
[/u]

Known issues:
These will not allow for a Phantom PCB in a Vortex case.
Unlike the Filco the Phantom has its controller mounted underneath and it will hit the bottom of the case. It can be made to work however the only fix is to mill a recess into the case or cut a hole for clearance. The Tex case may be a bit deeper, but I cannot confirm that.

License:
These are licensed under Creative Commons license, do what you want with them, just give credit for the creation by linking back to here.
* vortexfilcouniversal_plate_mounts_v4.stl (1.06 kB - downloaded 141 times.)

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 19:41:53 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion