Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, SHIPPED/MANUFACTURING  (Read 103954 times)

Offline regionfree

Just received the email from Oco cancelling the retro refrigerator bundle I purchased. Went for the full refund. Somewhat happy as I’ve already made too many purchases.

Offline Rumblehotep

Just got my refund notice on the retro bundle from originative, bummer.
At least that frees up some room for the Heavy-6.

Ryan I can't tell you enough how great it is to read the diligence you have with investigating details and providing constant transparency in your group buys, and for that I look forward to joining future projects without hesitation.

Offline regionfree

At least that frees up some room for the Heavy-6.

Oh man. Yeah. Ordered the all-black fc just for the heavy 6.

Offline autobot

Any update on Venice Beach?

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site

Yes, I got them back last week. I immediately had to leave for a brief trip to LA, however, but I'll get back packed up and sent out as soon as I get back early this week.

Offline regionfree

Yes, I got them back last week. I immediately had to leave for a brief trip to LA, however, but I'll get back packed up and sent out as soon as I get back early this week.

good god. you guys are so lucky. you're getting norbauer himself with your venice beach cases. if I knew about this, I would've gotten that, too!

Offline autobot

LOLOLOLOL

That would be awesome though, I’d love to talk design with him over some coffee.

Offline OmegaZero55

Yeah, I was one of the ones that got cancelled too. At least it sounds like we'll get another chance very soon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 June 2018, 16:05:23 by OmegaZero55 »

Offline HighNoon

I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Masterkeys Pro S in my astrophysical purple case and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. Once in a while (sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes every few days) I'll sit down at my computer after not using it for a while and the keyboard will be unresponsive. If I have the backlight on, only roughly 40% of the keys will be lit up. If i unplug and re-plug the board it will be perfectly fine. This has happened now with two different Masterkeys Pro S boards (one blue, one brown) in my astrophysical purple case. I've tried both boards in their respective stock cases and they were perfectly fine for a week+.

Maybe the PCB is touching the metal case somewhere and that's causing the issue? I'm really not sure...

Offline norbauer

I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Masterkeys Pro S in my astrophysical purple case and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. Once in a while (sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes every few days) I'll sit down at my computer after not using it for a while and the keyboard will be unresponsive. If I have the backlight on, only roughly 40% of the keys will be lit up. If i unplug and re-plug the board it will be perfectly fine. This has happened now with two different Masterkeys Pro S boards (one blue, one brown) in my astrophysical purple case. I've tried both boards in their respective stock cases and they were perfectly fine for a week+.

Maybe the PCB is touching the metal case somewhere and that's causing the issue? I'm really not sure...

The powder coated finish is non-conductive and it's designed such that the electrical components on the PCB don't touch the housing, so my guess is that's very unlikely that this issue is caused by the case itself. Are you saying that you observe this issue very regularly on the CNC housing and then transfer it back to the plastic housing and it goes away and never recurs after over a week of use? If so, are you maybe using a foam liner in the housing that might be touching the PCB components on the under-side of the PCB?

Offline HighNoon

The powder coated finish is non-conductive and it's designed such that the electrical components on the PCB don't touch the housing, so my guess is that's very unlikely that this issue is caused by the case itself. Are you saying that you observe this issue very regularly on the CNC housing and then transfer it back to the plastic housing and it goes away and never recurs after over a week of use? If so, are you maybe using a foam liner in the housing that might be touching the PCB components on the under-side of the PCB?

Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. I am using a liner in the housing but it's basically rubber so I wouldn't imagine it's very conductive.

Here's a link to the material - https://www.audimute.com/peacemaker-soundproof-sound-deadening-insulation

I suppose I'll try removing the material for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the quick help as always Norbauer.

Offline norbauer

I'll try removing the material for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

Cool. Yes, please do and let me know what you find out. It's possible that some of the leads on your PCB were maybe not trimmed short enough (I've noticed pretty loose tolerances and QC on CM boards of various models in the past) and are hanging down low enough to contact the case, but again even that shouldn't be an issue since the powder shouldn't be conductive.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I'll try removing the material for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

Cool. Yes, please do and let me know what you find out. It's possible that some of the leads on your PCB were maybe not trimmed short enough (I've noticed pretty loose tolerances and QC on CM boards of various models in the past) and are hanging down low enough to contact the case, but again even that shouldn't be an issue since the powder shouldn't be conductive.

what a bizarre issue, could it be something with the USB cable/port maybe? if it's mini b those can have issues

or a static buildup thing?

weird
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Some new Norbatouches available in silver and black from oco:

https://originative.co/

https://www.originativeco.com/products/cnc-masterkeys-s

Offline norbauer

Actually, those aren't Norbatouches! The Masterkys S PBT has a slightly different design than all other Cooler Master cases, including similarly-named things like the MasterKeys Pro S. Note the 3 LED holes, for example, and there are other internal differences relating to the cable bracket. It won't work with the Novatouch or anything other than the specific keyboard that OCo is pairing it with. It was a design I made special for them.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Thanks for explaining, sir

Offline norbauer

Thanks for explaining, sir

No worries! Just didn't want anyone to get one and end up being disappointed because they thought it was something it isn't. :)

Offline macclack

• Macclack

Actually, those aren't Norbatouches! The Masterkys S PBT has a slightly different design than all other Cooler Master cases, including similarly-named things like the MasterKeys Pro S. Note the 3 LED holes, for example, and there are other internal differences relating to the cable bracket. It won't work with the Novatouch or anything other than the specific keyboard that OCo is pairing it with. It was a design I made special for them.

This is pretty awesome. I picked one up. Going to take a shot at Cerakoting it.

Offline norbauer

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for the OG Norbatouch, which is compatible with a wider range of keyboards, I should have a powder-coated batch of those ready to ship in March, including a return of the Retro Refrigerator and Venice Beach colors in a new matte finish. Also adding Aperture from the Heavy-6 run.

Offline KingzandBean

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for the OG Norbatouch, which is compatible with a wider range of keyboards, I should have a powder-coated batch of those ready to ship in March, including a return of the Retro Refrigerator and Venice Beach colors in a new matte finish. Also adding Aperture from the Heavy-6 run.
...extras available for sale ? Will that info be emailed out to the mailing list or do I need to check back here in March?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline norbauer

...extras available for sale ? Will that info be emailed out to the mailing list or do I need to check back here in March?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It'll be announced on my mailing list (link in my signature below). These will be Round 3.14 extras. Those are currently en route to me, with anodized supposed to be ready to go out as soon as they arrive here in California. Subsequent powder-coating will take a month or so before the extras are available. (I don't anticipate any anodized extras.)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Now, after I have Norbaforce, I'm thinking to get Norbatouch for NT:)

Norbatouch has micro-USB, right?
Is it possible to somehow swap it with USB-C, like in Norbaforce?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline norbauer

Norbatouch has micro-USB, right?
Is it possible to somehow swap it with USB-C, like in Norbaforce?

Yes, it has Micro USB and unfortunately it isn't possible to switch with USB-C. Older USB standards won't be going anywhere for a long time. :)