Author Topic: GMK "B" Key Legend  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Kavik

GMK "B" Key Legend
« on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 21:44:59 »
I just received GMK Dark Solarized, and the legend on the B key is every so slightly crooked. Is GMK's mold screwed up? Is this a common issue with GMK sets?

Some of the number keys' legends also look a little wonky.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: GMK "B" Key Legend
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 21:48:00 »
May be they're fake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 00:55:06 »
Maybe they're [.b]ake

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 22:32:59 »
check the T key as well

this has been an issue with GMK for a while
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 23:41:05 »
I doubt it's fake. I got it directly from Keyclack through the GB.

check the T key as well

I think the T key is also slightly crooked, but it's harder to tell. Z also appears to be crooked.

Is this something that affects entire runs of a keyset, or is it just a per person occurrence, or is every GMK set like this? This is my first GMK set, hence my ignorance. It seems weird if not all sets are affected unless they have multiple sets of molds. 

I know it's nitpicky.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline nogoodnames444

• I like keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 00:16:51 »
It might just be inconsistencies with the mold there is issues like that on a lot of gmk sets 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:10:26 »
I doubt it's fake. I got it directly from Keyclack through the GB.

check the T key as well

I think the T key is also slightly crooked, but it's harder to tell. Z also appears to be crooked.

Is this something that affects entire runs of a keyset, or is it just a per person occurrence, or is every GMK set like this? This is my first GMK set, hence my ignorance. It seems weird if not all sets are affected unless they have multiple sets of molds. 

I know it's nitpicky.

my oco classic beige w/ blue set from 2013 had the same issues

that's just how it is with GMK

my suspicion is that they mold in 4s, and one of the 4 plates is slightly crooked

curious to see if this holds up on OG sets

more research needed
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 22:02:10 »
I have an 'OG' set on a keyboard with a 2003 datecode and it appears that the B and T is ever so slightly crooked.. I doubt I'd notice if someone didn't point it out. But I do perceive it slightly..  with both rotated a tiny bit clockwise.

This is not seen from a GMK set from within the past year.
keyboards

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 22:15:39 »
I have an 'OG' set on a keyboard with a 2003 datecode and it appears that the B and T is ever so slightly crooked.. I doubt I'd notice if someone didn't point it out. But I do perceive it slightly..  with both rotated a tiny bit clockwise.

This is not seen from a GMK set from within the past year.

My GMK soware has it, and I've seen it on nautilus sets.

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 22:44:58 »
from a cherry keyboard with a 2003 datecode..

decide for yourself if you see it?

198641-0
keyboards

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 23:27:18 »
from a cherry keyboard with a 2003 datecode..

decide for yourself if you see it?

(Attachment Link)

it's not on every set, i think 1 out of every 3-4 has at least one of the defects