Author Topic: Hi, new member here!  (Read 1477 times)

Offline BLaZe

Hi, new member here!
« on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 16:08:42 »
Hello everyone, I'm blaze, living in France and currently a student  :)
I've been quite interested in mechanical keyboards even before I bought my first one 1 year ago: a steelseries 6gv2 Black switches. My old keyboard that came with a pc was really in a bad state, dirty and sometimes keys were stick in  :( So, I've made up my mind between keeping my old one and finaly buying a mech one. I didn't really have the choice between mech keyboard, not so many different keyboards in my local store. Ended up with the 6gv2, and... it was really confortable to play with, especially on osu. Since then I wanted to try other ones, and bought a ducky year of the goat (red) and a filco majestouch 2 tkl (blue). And I'm ogling on HHKB or Pok3r. I can't decide.
However I have a huge problem  :confused: I use as less as possible my 2 white keyboards ( filco and ducky) because I don't want to dirty them  ;D But I love white keyboards :'(

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Re: Hi, new member here!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 16:12:08 »
Welcome to the crew Blaze. Here is a magical place where all your free time will be taken from you as you search for artisans and dank keycaps. Where the MX master race take on the topre defenders and the alps are just here. Where the mighty sing and the weak fall. Come, join us, revel is your new past time

Offline BLaZe

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 16:17:02 »
Welcome to the crew Blaze. Here is a magical place where all your free time will be taken from you as you search for artisans and dank keycaps. Where the MX master race take on the topre defenders and the alps are just here. Where the mighty sing and the weak fall. Come, join us, revel is your new past time

I'm already spending my lunch time at university reading topics on GH about custom keyboards & keycaps  :)) I have never tried topre or alps, I wish I could one day  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 04:04:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You will probably end up getting both the HHKB and the Pok3r eventually anyway ;)

Just make sure you wash your hands before using the keyboard, don't eat near the keyboard, and wipe the dust off occasionally.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BLaZe

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 07:01:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You will probably end up getting both the HHKB and the Pok3r eventually anyway ;)

Just make sure you wash your hands before using the keyboard, don't eat near the keyboard, and wipe the dust off occasionally.

Thanks  :)
Yeah, I'm always washing my hands, like every 30 minutes, to keep my mice and keyboard really clean, but I think I'm turning into a cleaning maniac; Cleaning the dust every days or 2 days  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 03:30:58 »
Relevant thread, which unfortunately is locked for some reason.

I've given up with dust at home - I live in a very dusty area, and a thin layer of visible dust appears after a day.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ