Author Topic: [IC] IRON180 by Smith + Rune (GB Nov 14th, 10am EST worldwide!!)  (Read 276615 times)

Offline Zeelobby

Re: [IC] IRON180 by Smith + Rune (updated with colors)
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 06:15:35 »
Dang. Didn't realize the pcb would support alps. Doooope

Offline robrobro

« Reply #401 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 01:44:57 »
If I'm not mistaken this is my first post on geekhack, and I'm using it to express how excited I am for this group buy.
These renders look absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see those prototype pics :D
Prototype pictures are live on the S+R discord! Check the pins in the #iron180 channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pubeessence

« Reply #402 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 04:01:26 »
Dang, the simplicity in this board makes it very tempting. Great board guys!

Offline SmilingPudding

• 60% is the best layout.
    • Instagram
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 17:00:22 »
Are the vendors region locked? Can I join the Ilumkb GB from US?

Offline Techlet

« Reply #404 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 19:59:45 »
If you're in the US, it'd make the most sense to get it from CK instead of another region's vendor.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 20:21:58 »
I would generally agree that you should use the "local" vendor, as it were, however, CK isn't doing FCFS - I know some people prefer that so we may see a good amount of people try for ilumkb in the states.

Offline Mighty_B

• In Mech I Love
Re: [IC] IRON180 by Smith + Rune
« Reply #406 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 02:18:46 »
Looks great!

So for a logo and f13, our idea is to include an artisan anodized and matched to the color of the top case for a couple reasons.

IMO, a logo engraving above the arrow keys generally looks good on TKLs. I think the artisan idea is neat, but I joined the aeboards Aegis GB and they did a similar thing with a custom Rama cap. I love the board, but have literally never seen a picture with someone using the keycap. Just my two cents.

Pls do consider putting a logo on top of the arrow keys, make it stand out and be proud of your brand, I would love to see some impressions on the keyboard looking at it from the top base. As of the current design, it's really hard to differentiate Iron 180 from so many other TKL without looking at the bottom case.

Offline maximize

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 12:40:25 »
Looks great!

So for a logo and f13, our idea is to include an artisan anodized and matched to the color of the top case for a couple reasons.

IMO, a logo engraving above the arrow keys generally looks good on TKLs. I think the artisan idea is neat, but I joined the aeboards Aegis GB and they did a similar thing with a custom Rama cap. I love the board, but have literally never seen a picture with someone using the keycap. Just my two cents.

Pls do consider putting a logo on top of the arrow keys, make it stand out and be proud of your brand, I would love to see some impressions on the keyboard looking at it from the top base. As of the current design, it's really hard to differentiate Iron 180 from so many other TKL without looking at the bottom case.

There is a 0% chance that the design will change when the group buy is 11 days away.

Offline beekey

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 13:08:13 »
Looks great!

For me it is the exact opposite, this clean looks is great. Too many keyboards with badly designed branding killing the otherwise good look. Having it on the bottom is nice, as there is more space to be more creative. Or in this case, have some elegant logo interpretation.

Offline CptSpirit

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 22:18:24 »
How can this support ISO layout when the plate doesn't allow the switches to be placed where they need to be?

Offline Capsy

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 23:17:11 »
How can this support ISO layout when the plate doesn't allow the switches to be placed where they need to be?
The plate file will be released. You make your own plate.

Offline sdg2416

« Reply #411 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:46:51 »
Looks great!

I wouldn't mind this either! I really think this would add to the uniqueness and make it look cooler depending on how the logo would look. However the minimalist front is excellent as well!
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:48:28 by sdg2416 »

Offline Moennes

Re: [IC] IRON180 by Smith + Rune (GB Nov 14th, 10am EST worldwide!!)
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 15:35:00 »
Very nice  :thumb:

will the gb URL be announced here or are they seamless to find on the websites on the day?

Offline Domantas

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 10:01:53 »
Only brass plate ? :O why no alu or carbon fiber :( Plate looks so nice, but material could be different

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #414 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:59:25 »
Only brass plate ? :O why no alu or carbon fiber :( Plate looks so nice, but material could be different
You will have plate files anyway so you can have any plate cut for you using your favourite material :)

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 19:49:13 »
Very nice  :thumb:

will the gb URL be announced here or are they seamless to find on the websites on the day?
Usually it'll be on the front page. Join the discord as well for live updates. 

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 07:17:35 »
I didn't get a clear answer on the Discord channels I asked on (that I could spot during intermittent monitoring). So I'll ask here as well.

I see all the vendors are region-locked for the first few minutes, though people expressed doubt as to whether CannonKeys will really be region-locked. (I wouldn't mind buying from them again, in fact, I'd prefer it.)

Is there one of the vendors that will cover South Africa? Normally the European offices with cover Africa, as part of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), so I think that would be mykeyboard.eu in this case.

Is there anybody that knows?

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #417 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 09:30:09 »
I didn't get a clear answer on the Discord channels I asked on (that I could spot during intermittent monitoring). So I'll ask here as well.

I see all the vendors are region-locked for the first few minutes, though people expressed doubt as to whether CannonKeys will really be region-locked. (I wouldn't mind buying from them again, in fact, I'd prefer it.)

Is there one of the vendors that will cover South Africa? Normally the European offices with cover Africa, as part of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), so I think that would be mykeyboard.eu in this case.

Is there anybody that knows?
I got helped, thanks very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AshF

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 12:24:18 »
Would someone be kind enough to confirm if the PCB supports LED's / RGB lighting?
Sorry, a bit of a noob questions, I can see two small holes under the main pole where the switch mounts but just wanted to be certain.
Thank you

Offline AshF

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 17:05:57 »
posted in the wrong group, supposed to be in Iron165