Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 179892 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 17:45:01 »
Bed?  Now?!?

It is 10:44am and I am at work.

(Note: "at work", not necessarily "working", although I probably should.)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:03:00 »
Ha. read the GH time.. being 2am,.. thought you were up refreshing last night!
Poker
QFR

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:07:39 »
I was :))

Also I thought I set my time zone correctly, but the forum reckons I am posting at 9am whereas it is now just after 11.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline _spondy

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:09:01 »
Another morning with no progress :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:17:09 »
Progress might be behind the scenes - EK did say they were testing a new system for a fairer sale, which would be nice if it didn't sell out in the first 5 minutes or something ;)

I'd rather wait a couple of days for a fair system, than have everyone rushing in where angels fear to tread.

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:17:17 »
Yeah I have tried to fix the freaking time.. ended up giving up.. clearly.. I bet these drop when im at the gym.. zz
Poker
QFR

Offline _spondy

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:24:33 »
I just don't see how you can have a "fairer system", maybe smaller batches released every few hours to cover common timezones. Other option is a lottery, but that potentially blocks the people who actually want one of the caps.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:24:48 »
Yeah I have tried to fix the freaking time.. ended up giving up.. clearly.. I bet these drop when im at the gym.. zz

It messed up when we hit daylight savings I think. Just hit auto-detect or type in 17 as the offset and it should be right.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:25:08 »
I'm still hanging out for a special code in the email from EK that can be used to redeem a keycap, or something like that.

But that would require either not many on the mailing list, or a large number of CC keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:27:13 »
I changed my time offset to 17 hours, let's see how that goes (it was 15).

Edit: Yep, right now.  Thanks jeroplane :)

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:30:32 »
I once got a captcha that said "Patience, child"
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline shawn o

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:20:31 »
one click clack per person, per sale.  End of story.

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:37:28 »
Cheers Jero.. now have zee real time!
Poker
QFR

Offline cleeoo

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:10:15 »
Newegg does this all the time. When they sell out, they put "no stock" because they know they'll be getting more soon. Why take down the page if they're going to be putting it right back up once they get more. The only difference is the EK is that he doesn't know when CC is going to make them of not so EK must just leave them as "no stock"

That doesn't apply to this situation here though. The candy corn ones were taken down ages ago, and have now been put back up. Obviously the Oktoberfest keycap is new. I'm sure when Newegg does it, it's for an item, which is not going to sell out within minutes and is something that they will regularly get stock for.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:43:17 »

Where did this come from?

Offline metafour

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:46:00 »

Where did this come from?

I think he's just saying that's how it should be.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:49:03 »
Ah, ok.

EK used to be one of each keycap per person, maximum 3 key caps in total.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:53:15 »
I've been checking the page so many times daily that I think I would implode if I missed the sale because I went to pee or poop

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 21:15:55 »
^ Get an iPad or similar and carry it with you wherever you go.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:05:16 »
May I ask where you guys are getting this info from "EK said they are testing a new system" "EK said wait for the email"
when/where did they say this?
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline martinyeah

• * Maker
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:09:00 »
the fair thing to do is advertise the product and then sell it, there's no need for a lottery or pre-orders. Some ppl get some and some don't, that's no big deal. It's in high demand so it sells out quickly, I got no problem with that, and if I miss out because I'm not around I got no problem with that either. I have a problem with advertising a product as in stock but refusing to sell it. If they are not ready to sell then why advertise?
Agreed.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:25:32 »
May I ask where you guys are getting this info from "EK said they are testing a new system" "EK said wait for the email"
when/where did they say this?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37091.msg704993#msg704993

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37091.msg705231#msg705231

Offline jackstar7

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:39:31 »
I'm torn by wanting to get one (or a set) and hoping I miss them and keeping my money... oh little treasures...
Topre 30g 104U-Silent --- 87U-Silent and 103U are now backups only

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 03:26:35 »
rowdy thanks for the links, I feel like a bit of a tit now... LOL
I need to get out of the gh marketplace a bit more often.
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 03:32:31 »
The whole thing was a hoax, you all can stop F5ing now. Seriously, just don't even check anymore it's not real, nothing is real.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 07:21:05 »
Not sure how to feel about this Clack sale but one thing I know is

this is a cool signature!
What software did you use here?

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 07:55:23 »

[img]

The templates for those are in this thread. Considering you do graphic design it should be no problem for you to edit them to look like your keyboard :)

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 08:15:25 »

Show Image

There was a guy who made these back during the old GH. The thread might still be around now, but there was also a wiki page with a lot of them. Of course the wiki page is gone now, but gl!
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 08:40:41 »

Show Image

There is a thread on this here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=19113.0

And I just used paint to edit the ones that were already made.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Batmann

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 09:11:12 »
thanks for the links guys  :)
I thought it was some generic designs at first and then I recognize your QF with Br/Ba keys, I like these kind of things!
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 November 2012, 09:40:46 by Batmann »

Offline keyboardnoob

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 10:44:23 »
**** just got real.
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:26:24 »
So...is this going to happen any time "soon"?

Update from EK would be appreciated :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:02:38 »
So...is this going to happen any time "soon"?

Update from EK would be appreciated :)

Update is coming Soon...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:08:13 »
Leaving us hanging for this long is only going to drive up demand, so I really hope they have good stocks of these.

Offline cleeoo

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:12:52 »
Leaving us hanging for this long is only going to drive up demand, so I really hope they have good stocks of these.

A good amount of stock is unlikely...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:16:35 »
So how can it be a fair sale - that would imply enough stock for everyone who wants one (or two, or three ...).

Aside from fair, as in just not whoever gets in in the first 5 seconds.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:21:44 »
Just let me have my damned oktoberfest so I can drink already!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:23:47 »
No wonder he said the other day don't lose sleep over it. Be bad if I was still awake from then.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:44:00 »
Lucky I am not still holding muy breath!!1!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:51:32 »
I've never gotten an email from elitekeyboards and tried to put my email on the list again and couldn't because I was already on it. Missed the last EK sale because I didn't get an email....added my work email because both go to the same phone so we'll see about this time.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:55:47 »
This time you get 4 copies.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:19:21 »
I no longer hear tick-tock, tick-tock as time goes by. I only hear click-clack, click-clack.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:33:43 »
Black Friday sale?

Shawn Oen
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 November 2012, 04:14:43 by shawn o »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:53:30 »
There's a BLACK Mr Friday?!?!?!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:16:11 »

Haha, Black Friday is the one of the biggest shopping days of the year here in US (link).  It marks the start of holiday shopping season.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:42:04 »

...which would make it just a regular CC skull :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:57:47 »
Thanks reaper.  I think that was somewhere in the back of my mind, but I was getting confused with Black Saturday, which led me back to Ash Wednesday - we have a lot of bush fires in Australia.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:10:44 »
Crossing my fingers hoping to get my first few CC's.  Yeah the waiting is killing me.  Last time I was asleep when the e-mail came so I've been jumping out of bed these last few mornings to check my e-mail.   
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 06:47:15 »
they are just toying with us lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 06:48:58 by xJaPx »
| Poker MX Red |

Offline wilsongunawan

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 06:48:44 »
still cannot add to cart :-[
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M