Author Topic: Delux M618  (Read 14292 times)

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
Delux M618
« on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 02:00:04 »
Does anyone have any info on this mouse? Any comparisons against the Evoluent VM and the Wowpen Joy? It's something that always looked interesting to me whenever I find myself spontaneously looking at vertical mice.. but I've never really seen any real reviews for it, nor did I ever get around to buying it.

http://www.deluxworld.com/en/productdetail.aspx?ID=277&MenuID=030303020101
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delux-M618LU-M618-wired-vertical-mouse-cordless-mouse-2-4G-laser-upright-mices-/170971584331?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100&hash=item27ceb3574b&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-colored-delux-m618gl-wireless-vertical-mouse-/181052346462?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100&hash=item2a278f905e&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2013, 02:04:27 by cgbuen »

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
Re: Delux M618
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 20:54:35 »
I picked up an Anker mouse off Amazon, which is a cheap re-branded Wowpen Joy. It came down with some strange scroll wheel issues, so I was able to get a full refund without even having to send it back.

I decided to get this Delux mouse shortly after, and it just came in the mail. In terms of physical feel, it seems fantastic, but there are some issues with how it works..

When you hold it in a way that's comfortable, the axes are just not quite right - moving the mouse up seems to move it slightly up-right. I'd have to twist my hand to get the axes to seem proper but I'm just not so sure that I could get used to this. On top of that, there's no sort of LED indicator for the DPI button on top, so you just kind of have to guess what level you're on or loop around till you find out what setting you like.

It came in a plastic cover mold around it, no box, no manuals, no discs, or anything. I can't seem to find a driver online.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 02:55:19 »
A month into using it, I would like to say that the Delux has actually been great and comfortable to use. Not sure what I've done, but I seem to have harnessed the axes somehow, while still being able to use other mice just fine. And once you have the DPI where you want it, you don't really ever have to change it (I don't game, so I don't personally have the need to, but I also can't foresee too many people gaming with vertical mice).

One issue I have is that without a driver, the buttons can't easily be re-mapped, so I've just re-mapped the Evoluent VM4R that I use at home to use the same buttons (lower thumb button to back, upper thumb button to forward) for an easier transition when I get home.

Also, the Delux's palm grip is rubbery. Not a pro or a con, just something to point out.

Still personally like this better than the re-branded Wowpen Joy I had, which while mostly comfortable, had a chattery scroll wheel and thumb buttons that my small hands had trouble reaching.

Offline wesleyh

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:03:31 »
Will this work for bigger hands too?

Also, since I have the same problem with an anker mouse (scroll wheel), how much more upright is the delux? (so I can compare)