Author Topic: Hello from Boston  (Read 1057 times)

Offline disperse

Hello from Boston
« on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 14:21:23 »
Hi all,

I came across GEEKHACK when doing some research into a quieter keyboard for the office.  I love the Das Keyboard but would like to leave it home and get something that won't disturb the co-workers.  This Dell keyboard is killing me!  I'm hoping something with Cherry Brown switches will have a nice feel and be quiet as well.

I'm also hoping to be mouse-free as much as possible.  Reaching for the mouse is killing my RSI.  I wish there was a good keyboard alternative with a built in touchpad / trackball for those few occasions when I really do need a mouse (poorly designed websites, flash, etc.).

Thanks!

Mark.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Re: Hello from Boston
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 14:23:55 »
Brown switches aren't silent, but they sure as hell are a lot quieter than Blues.

I use Brown in the office an nobody has complained.

Offline disperse

Re: Hello from Boston
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 14:56:49 »
I do have a door if there is a problem.  I used the Das Keyboard here before and nobody complained; however, I have been doing some coding at home and want to leave the Das Keyboard there.

I might be able to convince work to buy me a nice keyboard if I complain about my aching wrists enough.  :-)

I'm seriously considering getting a full length keyboard with numpad (which i never use) and then pulling off the keys to the right of the cursor keys and attaching one of the new logitech touchpads.  Either that or attaching a bigger tray to my keyboard stand, getting a keyboard without a numpad, and putting the mouse directly to the right of that.  Reaching up and over for my mouse is the worst.