Author Topic: [Discussion] GMK Valentine (Chinese GB/Resale)  (Read 25904 times)

Offline Limewirelord

Re: [Discussion] GMK Valentine (Chinese GB/Resale)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 15:34:13 »
Dude
Your name

Nostalgia hittin so hard right now

;D  People think I haven't moved on to other ventures even though I've had this name for more than half my life for some reason  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 15:43:56 »
Dude
Your name

Nostalgia hittin so hard right now

;D  People think I haven't moved on to other ventures even though I've had this name for more than half my life for some reason  :))

I miss downloading old cartoons.  :-[

Offline shawn o

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 20:29:55 »
Group buy is over, keys are already shipping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 21:11:09 by shawn o »

Offline sintklaas73

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 15:22:03 »
this chinese...love pink too much

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 22:11:13 »
1,about the set ,it is custom-made color ,not the magenta. The cherry's proxy in China have ordered this from GMK and ofcourse ABS double shot. The proxy have paied for 520 sets of this and called this set Saint Valentine's Day Set, "520" means  " i love you " in chinese.
2,due to the  17%customs fees ,this set will be more expensive than ususl' GMK GB. and there is no mod to compatibale with WKL,1800 etc except for one stepped caps
3,the color is so similar to magenta ,but not the magenta. and this contains a cherry logo R1 and 2 love logo 1.25×.
4, i write this not to intent compare this set's time with miami night's , i just want to show my great respect to ivan. This GB is not his all life. he also has his own life and work and like everyone as us. Joining in GMK' GB means great patience exercise for everyone . If there is any important update for us for this GB, IVAN will update as soon as possible even every one hour update . IF there is no update, IVAN will keep this tidy . please waiting patiently. No news is good news , everything is going well as usual even it is slow than usual.

I just went back and looked at the color codes. The magenta used in this set is not custom. It uses the standard GMK color UN33656. The only thing custom about this set is the cherry logo and the heart keys.

Proof:
127045-0

127047-1

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:45:08 »
1,about the set ,it is custom-made color ,not the magenta. The cherry's proxy in China have ordered this from GMK and ofcourse ABS double shot. The proxy have paied for 520 sets of this and called this set Saint Valentine's Day Set, "520" means  " i love you " in chinese.
2,due to the  17%customs fees ,this set will be more expensive than ususl' GMK GB. and there is no mod to compatibale with WKL,1800 etc except for one stepped caps
3,the color is so similar to magenta ,but not the magenta. and this contains a cherry logo R1 and 2 love logo 1.25×.
4, i write this not to intent compare this set's time with miami night's , i just want to show my great respect to ivan. This GB is not his all life. he also has his own life and work and like everyone as us. Joining in GMK' GB means great patience exercise for everyone . If there is any important update for us for this GB, IVAN will update as soon as possible even every one hour update . IF there is no update, IVAN will keep this tidy . please waiting patiently. No news is good news , everything is going well as usual even it is slow than usual.

I just went back and looked at the color codes. The magenta used in this set is not custom. It uses the standard GMK color UN33656. The only thing custom about this set is the cherry logo and the heart keys.

Proof:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

woah what the hell
I swear I thought I saw some image that had custom colour codes for this one

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:55:34 »

Proof:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

woah what the hell

Shower king mentioned custom something, but I guess he meant legends.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:18:29 »

Proof:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

woah what the hell

The guy literally said that it was a custom color twice. He straight up lied.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:20:46 »

Proof:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

woah what the hell

Oh, for real? That sucks. Going to read the original post now.

Sorry, dude. For what it's worth, it's still a nice set.

Update:
He literally said it was a custom color and not the magenta. Well, it's not like he made the set. Maybe he was misinformed. Either way, I guess it does make the set a little less special, and the cost a bit more painful.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:30:45 by romevi »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:29:23 »

Proof:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

woah what the hell

It is a nice set and the color is great but I can't use the entire bottom row  :rolleyes:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 23:38:09 »

Proof:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

woah what the hell

It is a nice set and the color is great but I can't use the entire bottom row  :rolleyes:

Im more interested in seeing what the policy is like with the custom legends

I'm guessing maybe when GH gets some custom GMK legends we can trade permissions with the Chinese community

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 03:18:41 »

It's funny because I actually was *not* interested in the set due to it being a custom color.  It would be harder to mix and match with my existing Magenta sets, and I didn't really want to have to deal with that.

But knowing that it's not custom, I'm more interested.  :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 03:23:35 »

It's funny because I actually was *not* interested in the set due to it being a custom color.  It would be harder to mix and match with my existing Magenta sets, and I didn't really want to have to deal with that.

BUY IT

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:59:20 »

Any idea how to get a pair of 1.5u white magenta Alt keys?  I the entire bottom row doesn't work on any of my keyboards lol wkl ftw

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 18:50:29 »

Any idea how to get a pair of 1.5u white magenta Alt keys?  I the entire bottom row doesn't work on any of my keyboards lol wkl ftw

Haha I'd have the same issue.  :P  I'm not aware of a source unfortunately.  :(  You'd almost have to use some of the other kits out there and mix-n-match to get something nice.  Cyan Alt, Purple Enter/Esc, etc.  Could look great, but might not be what you're after.  :-/

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 02:36:04 »

Haha I'd have the same issue.  :P  I'm not aware of a source unfortunately.  :(  You'd almost have to use some of the other kits out there and mix-n-match to get something nice.  Cyan Alt, Purple Enter/Esc, etc.  Could look great, but might not be what you're after.  :-/

Yeah I will probably end up using a trio of colors to accent the set but it would have been nice to have a "complete" TKL layout with the set.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 01:15:54 »
In case anyone was wondering about the custom colours - gmk valentine next to gmk cyan colour set

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 07:50:39 »
Wow! It's like night and day. The Valentine totally uses a different color; there's no Cyan in it at all! ;)