Author Topic: KeyCon 2019 Screen-Printed Poster Thread  (Read 97364 times)

Offline d_stilgar

KeyCon 2019 Screen-Printed Poster Thread
« on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 15:32:57 »
I'm working on a new poster for this year. It's taking a bit longer than I hoped. I'm feeling some long days/nights ahead to get the file finished and to the printer in time.

The posters will be $25 again this year. Unlike the past two years, this year I will do a single run of 50 posters only. I'll get the signup page up in the next couple days. Hopefully, the poster design is up by then too. Posters will be $25, like last year.

If you want to help, I've been working with Rhino and Grasshopper on something I think could be really great, but it's been eating my computer's memory and I'm not an expert with Grasshopper. If you are, I'd love your help.

To gain an appreciation for what I'm designing, I'd recommend reading this article and listening to this podcast: https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/miss-manhattan/

Thanks for your patience, everyone!'

EDIT 5/17: Poster Signup Open: CLICK HERE

I'll send out invoices a few days before the event. I will be selling at the event, but once sold out, they're gone forever. Signups are on a first-come basis and I will close it once I've sold out of all the posters.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 19:58:44 by d_stilgar »

Offline jacobsmirror

Re: KeyCon 2019 Screen-Printed Poster Thread
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 14:55:14 »
In!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:59:55 »
Poster design is finished. See link here:https://imgur.com/a/7NbQfid

I'll get a google form going in the next couple days. This will be a single run of 50 posters. With some bad prints, the actual number available will probably be ~45. I will not do a second run this year. Posters will be $25. Thanks for supporting this fun hobby, everyone!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 19:59:32 »
Signups are now open. See my original post for details.

Thanks!

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:28:03 »
The form KeyCon 2019 Poster Sign Up is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

All sold out?
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:29:55 »
The form KeyCon 2019 Poster Sign Up is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

All sold out?

Oops. I forgot to open it up for responses. My bad.
Fill out the form and I'll close it once they're sold out.

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 16:21:34 »
Bump! We're ~1/2 sold out. If you're planning on getting a poster, make sure to sign up now. There may not be any available the day of.

Related: I have ~20 posters left from KeyCon 2018. If you feel you missed out last year, I'll have them available for $18.75 this year. The last of the 2017 posters sold out last year.

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 06:02:37 »
Invoices have been sent via PayPal. The signup is still open and posters are still available. Let me know if there are any revisions needed to the invoice, such as the number of posters, if you're getting a 2018 poster as well, etc.

Thanks, everyone!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 12:50:27 »
Bringing a poster tube with me so that i can get this home safely on the plane!  :))
-Dana

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 21:39:09 »
Bringing a poster tube with me so that i can get this home safely on the plane!  :))

This is a good idea. I have bubble polybags, but they aren't stiff. I've been trying to find a way to protect the posters for those who are traveling and haven't come up with a solution yet. Chipboard cut to size and a decent paper envelope would work, but I haven't been able to find anything yet.

I'll bring some of the bubble mailers, but they are incredibly bulky and won't do much to protect against folding.

To everyone who has purchased or is planning to purchase, please think about how you'll get the poster home safely. I'm doing the best I can on my end.

In other news, I picked up the posters today. I have three silver variants that have silver as the lighter color. I'll put one of those in the donation lottery. I'm not sure what I'll do with the other two.

I know lots of people like to have attendees sign their posters. I'll have some silver pens for that, but feel free to also bring your own.

See you all in two days!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 12:42:39 »
This year's design was fantastic; thanks for your hard work d_stilgar!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 13:08:50 »
This year's design was fantastic; thanks for your hard work d_stilgar!

Thanks! I had a few people who didn't pick up yesterday and a few people who arranged to have their posters shipped (which I'll get to this week). I still have ~12 left, so if you feel like you missed out, send me a PM.