Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 943448 times)

Offline yui_

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Opening Today - 5PM EST)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:32:29 »
I think that this is the best solution. An extra 100 boards for you to sort through must be a nightmare.

Best of luck with the rest of the group buy!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:34:40 »
Nothing about the first round was fair so who is to say that the second round will be any better. Regardless it is what it, just wait for the 22nd at 5pm and pray to your gods.

Edit: To clarify, sometimes things don't go according to plan and there is no need to waste time speculating.

Slightly curious as to why the knee jerk response from OP wasn't just to postpone the GB start. Either inexperience or a desire to please Discord.

Thankfully my level interest in this board doesn't require a trip to the salt mine.

We all make mistakes from time to time. I definitely agree that there were better alternatives to handle the issue but at least there was some reconciliation. I personally believe that Discord has made group buys worse. There are too many servers to keep track of and it seems that the updates are always scattered between sources.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:37:02 »
Nothing about the first round was fair so who is to say that the second round will be any better. Regardless it is what it, just wait for the 22nd at 5pm and pray to your gods.

Edit: To clarify, sometimes things don't go according to plan and there is no need to waste time speculating.

Slightly curious as to why the knee jerk response from OP wasn't just to postpone the GB start. Either inexperience or a desire to please Discord.

Thankfully my level interest in this board doesn't require a trip to the salt mine.
Might have more to do with schedule. He probably wants to get this done and move on to the next thing. Every delay is additional time until final delivery. Considering the first round of gskt-00 weren't available for sale at all, I'm just happy some more made it into the wild. Even if I didn't get one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:41:14 »

We all make mistakes from time to time. I definitely agree that there were better alternatives to handle the issue but at least there was some reconciliation. I personally believe that Discord has made group buys worse. There are too many servers to keep track of and it seems that the updates are always scattered between sources.

Yeah. It's tough clearly GH doesn't have the bandwidth to handle popular traffic as well. And on Reddit it's easy to lose things or get things burried. Raffle is probably the best way to handle a limited GB, but nothing builds hype like a FCFS. The advantage of discord is just that it's built to handle high volume of traffic.

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:41:37 »

Anyone got the sauce for the actual options that were on the final google form? I hope friends of the people who got on the discord order won’t have an unfair advantage of knowing exact options on the form versus those that have no idea what’s on the final version.

Maybe i’m just being crazy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious?

I was half serious half joking haha. I’m fairly confident in a google form submission. Just had a little left over salt from that fiasco a couple hours ago.

All good over here though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline regionfree

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:43:57 »

Might have more to do with schedule. He probably wants to get this done and move on to the next thing. Every delay is additional time until final delivery. Considering the first round of gskt-00 weren't available for sale at all, I'm just happy some more made it into the wild. Even if I didn't get one.

Though it is very delayed now 😁

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:47:13 »

Though it is very delayed now

Haha. Too true. There was probably a slight sliver of panic mixed in. Shoot. I panicked when I realized GH was hosed. Lucked out and saw him post on the discord general that he'd post the link in the kustom channel at 5. Sadly when GH is down, there's no way to communicate with thread watchers anymore.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:50:41 »

Though it is very delayed now 😁

A schedule that can't absorb a small delay is a schedule that's destined to be reworked a hundred times.

I do hope everyone who wants one badly enough is able to get one, I only recently saw the IC for this and am curious if the gasket design is one that's going to stick.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:03:57 »

Though it is very delayed now

A schedule that can't absorb a small delay is a schedule that's destined to be reworked a hundred times.

I do hope everyone who wants one badly enough is able to get one, I only recently saw the IC for this and am curious if the gasket design is one that's going to stick.

Or it's just a small run schedule with open ended delivery. Which is what this is. I mean it's just a single man working with a manufacturer. Applying large scale business principals is folly. Not to mention getting manufacturing underway might have been the more pressing concern, possibly due to available windows, then actual delivery. Small custom batch manufacturing like this can be flexible but also personally constraining.

Offline consumer

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:09:44 »
Can someone please tell me the link to the discord server?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline YungDaff

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:14:39 »
Where will the list of the people who got into the first discord buy be posted? Here or in discord?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:19:10 »

Or it's just a small run schedule with open ended delivery. Which is what this is. I mean it's just a single man working with a manufacturer. Applying large scale business principals is folly. Not to mention getting manufacturing underway might have been the more pressing concern, possibly due to available windows, then actual delivery. Small custom batch manufacturing like this can be flexible but also personally constraining.

Developing schedules that can absorb some delay isn't exclusively a large scale business principle, it's just practical. I don't think this conversation needs to delve too deep into the manufacturing process and the associated logistics, it can be kept pretty high level.

A post delaying the GB start by 24 hours shouldn't be debilitating to a GB schedule (and wasn't a mistake made by OP as is apparent now).

I think OP is offering an agreeable solution for most, I just also think it's beneficial to get a better solution for next time. GH isn't going to get less busy and there aren't going to be fewer GB's (hopefully).
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:21:17 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline consumer

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:19:56 »

Actually don't bother. I'm going to skip this board. Missing out on the GH earlier was actually a blessing in disguise even though it left a bad taste in the mouth. Buying this way from hype is purely from FOMO. It's not the end of the world.  I'll try to get boards from more reliable source from now on. Plus I'm already spending too much on this hobby.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:20:01 »

https://discordapp.com/invite/mechkeys?mode=login

Offline modeseven

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:20:19 »
Moral of the story: TKL > all

Full sized keyboards only. We have strayed too far from GOD's plan.
Repent sinners!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 19:29:29 »
Where will the list of the people who got into the first discord buy be posted? Here or in discord?
Here. And as long as 4000 people aren't refreshing GH, it should be up eventually :D.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:07:39 »
Usually this is when Puddsy would casually pop in and drop some profound knowledge

Offline nug

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:08:03 »
Will we be able to check if we successfully got in the initial 200 orders before the form goes live again on Thursday?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #318 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:10:22 »
Will we be able to check if we successfully got in the initial 200 orders before the form goes live again on Thursday?
Def. That's the point. Let people know if they need to try again. Probably the next couple days and the list will be up.

Offline mta

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:18:50 »
Come on, yall, he addressed that here:

The form will open at 5pm EST on January 22nd.  I will update here with a list of users who have a spot in the first 200 before the new form is live.

Offline nug

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:26:18 »
Come on, yall, he addressed that here:

The form will open at 5pm EST on January 22nd.  I will update here with a list of users who have a spot in the first 200 before the new form is live.

Thanks, I completely missed that when I read the post before. Apologies

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #321 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:33:52 »
Usually this is when Puddsy would casually pop in and drop some profound knowledge
Here's an unsolicited one: Nobody here is entitled to anything. Weaston owes nobody. He is allowed to sell his stuffs the way he wants it.

If I were him, I'd pick up my bags, get out of here, and stick to Discord in the future. Tons of designers have gone that route (without anyone knowing it). For non-keycap GBs, one-to-two-hundred loyal followers are more than enough.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:58:48 by nguyenhimself »

Offline weaston

« Reply #322 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:51:23 »
Here is the list of usernames for the 200 spots right now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pi0VidcdOjCmn0sq5RvKrytjSkQ8tUExbDZlEVwOqfI/edit?usp=sharing

No invoices are being sent until after the 100 extra units are spoken for here, if they are spoken for that is.

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:02:05 by weaston »
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #323 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:57:20 »
Here's an unsolicited one: Noibody here is entitled to anything. Weaston owes nobody. He is allowed tp sell his stuffs the way he wants it.

If I were him, I'd pick up my bags, get out of here, and stick to Discord in the future. Tons of designers have gone that route (without anyone knowing it). For non-keycap GBs, one-to-two-hundred loyal followers are more than enough.

He may not owe the community but he owes it to himself (if he cares, which I'd imagine he does from the way I've seen him conduct himself thus far) to remain trustworthy and professional now that he's took up a public GB. Many people take this hobby seriously - whether or not some take it too serious is up for debate, but with the amounts of money we've been seeing pumped into all sorts of buys of late (only going up) it's hard to fault most for just wanting basic quality of life/professionalism when dealing with a buy/seller; eg. not running a GB on discord after it's been said nothing will be done through discord.

Designers can do whatever they want, if they wanna sell boards just to their friends that's up to them. If they wanna run their stuff just through smaller communities on discords that's their prerogative. If the customer wants to pursue the product they'll find a way, as many have here. That is completely different from hyping up a board for weeks on one forum, reaffirm it will be run here exclusively, and then running it elsewhere instead of just waiting it out and then posting here accordingly and communicating with us as for how to proceed going forward. This is not to say I fault Weaston, GH going down is not his fault and I don't even blame him for panicking and releasing the form elsewhere but that doesn't invalidate the fact it was obviously not the best way to handle the situation.

TLDR: Despite not being owed anything, you can't fault people for wanting a certain level of professionalism to be upheld.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:57:39 »
Here is the list of emails for the 200 spots right now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pi0VidcdOjCmn0sq5RvKrytjSkQ8tUExbDZlEVwOqfI/edit?usp=sharing

No invoices are being sent until after the 100 extra units are spoken for here, if they are spoken for that is.

Thank you all.

Uhm hey man, are your customers OK with you sharing their (possibly) private emails publicly?

Offline mta

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 20:59:00 »
weaston: It probably would have been better to list usernames rather than everyone's (potentially private) email addresses

Offline weaston

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:02:37 »
weaston: It probably would have been better to list usernames rather than everyone's (potentially private) email addresses

Changed it to usernames, sorry about that.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline tnquntumink

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:06:11 »

I put in my geekhack username. Is that on there?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:14:21 »
Shoot. Looks like I missed out. Too bad :(

Offline kairuwu

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:15:13 »
Will we be able to double check that we selected the correct options at some point?  Would like to double check that I didn't misclick.   :thumb:

Offline skrunk

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:15:40 »

I put in my geekhack username. Is that on there?

Go to the Docs link and search for your username there. If you find it, you're in the GB. If you're not in it, get ready for Wednesday.
Past Keyboards : LZ CLS, Unikorn, Noxary X65, KFE CE, HHKB Pro2, Realforce TKL

Current Keyboards: FC660C, HHKB Pro1, GSKT-00

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:20:52 »
Thought I'd submitted in time, but alas not -- might have something to do with 2 boards being available per person.

Time to wait until the 22nd I suppose.

Offline erneeerd

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:22:32 »
Is it just my mobile sheets glitching or are there only 153 names on the list?

Edit: forgot that some of the names probably bought 2 cases

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:34:59 »
Just now caught up on everything, I was so confused earlier today haha

Hopefully, I can get in on that 100.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:41:48 »
The 200 went instantly with total surprise. The 100 will require not even reading your selections. Lol

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:44:44 »
The 200 went instantly with total surprise. The 100 will require not even reading your selections. Lol

Yeah, there may be no hope for me then. I get off at that time. I can try taking my laptop with me but not sure how that will go.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:03:08 »

gotta use autofill for this one

Offline chive_

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:07:34 »
I know this is 100% jumping the gun, but if things go well with this first public run of the GSKT-00, would a second round even be considered?

Offline kevin1862

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:16:07 »
I submitted it to normal.
Why don't you have my ID? Kevin1862

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:20:41 »
I know this is 100% jumping the gun, but if things go well with this first public run of the GSKT-00, would a second round even be considered?
I'd hope so. Was really hoping to experience that flex. But it'll likely be in 2 years and only another 200 fought over by 20,000 people. Haha

Offline catamscott

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:38:15 »
I'd hope so. Was really hoping to experience that flex. But it'll likely be in 2 years and only another 200 fought over by 20,000 people. Haha

with so much interest i think it'd make sense to let other vendor(s) run subsequent gb's for this board at a higher price, some of which can get passed along to op to ensure he is compensated for his design. i'm sure it's more complicated than that in reality, but it's a solution that i think would certainly satisfy all parties.

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:49:03 »
Here is the list of usernames for the 200 spots right now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pi0VidcdOjCmn0sq5RvKrytjSkQ8tUExbDZlEVwOqfI/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you all.

Hey I only see 1-154 records 🤔 just curious

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:52:17 »

Thank you all.

Some of those people probably got two boards thus taking more spots

Offline weaston

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:55:47 »

Thank you all.

Some people had 2 units.  It was based on board count, not person count.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:56:32 »

Thank you all.

Some of those people probably got two boards thus taking more spots

Yup, around a third of the people bought two boards. (edit for quick maf)
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:24:43 by mrpetrov »

Offline itsundone

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:01:55 »
now that I made into the list,
i kinda afraid i picked wrong option because i entered it so fast

Offline regionfree

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:15:50 »
Watch that list. It'll only probably grow by some 20~30 usernames on Wed.

Save yourselves the hassle. Just wait for the flip market. 300 units, with probably ~200 of that getting sold off at rmm.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:21:26 »

same, I did my form on my phone during a lunch break
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline modeseven

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:31:04 »

If you it makes you feel any better. I don't think there are any bad options, even if unintentional.
Unless you wanted ANSI and got ISO, or vice versa..... then RIP.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:57:36 »
Watch that list. It'll only probably grow by some 20~30 usernames on Wed.

Save yourselves the hassle. Just wait for the flip market. 300 units, with probably ~200 of that getting sold off at rmm.
the absolute state of this hobby