Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 943598 times)

Offline skrunk

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Opening Today - 5PM EST)
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 00:44:20 »
Watch that list. It'll only probably grow by some 20~30 usernames on Wed.

Save yourselves the hassle. Just wait for the flip market. 300 units, with probably ~200 of that getting sold off at rmm.

big brane move by you to discourage people from joining so you get a higher chance of getting a slot
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 01:08:43 by skrunk »
Past Keyboards : LZ CLS, Unikorn, Noxary X65, KFE CE, HHKB Pro2, Realforce TKL

Current Keyboards: FC660C, HHKB Pro1, GSKT-00

Offline born2relax

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 01:32:17 »
Wait so you really aren't reducing the limit to 1?

Also, is the form going to be 11 pages again? no way to condense it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 01:35:23 by born2relax »

Offline jrs

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 01:43:48 »
I'm glad that I made it in.  The GSKT-00 has kind of been my "dream board" since I got into custom keyboards.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #353 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 02:58:34 »
I checked the list on my phone and it would only go to spot 84. Now I saw I'm in which is cool. Pretty sure I checked the correct boxes, but I hope there will be a more detailed order spreadsheet later.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #354 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 05:05:11 »
I checked the list on my phone and it would only go to spot 84. Now I saw I'm in which is cool. Pretty sure I checked the correct boxes, but I hope there will be a more detailed order spreadsheet later.
Grats!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline demonahz

Re: [GB] - GSKT-00
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 05:27:25 »
Approved! Please add an estimated shipping date (can be very rough).

GL w GB :)

This information, requested by the mod, is still missing. Or I'm not finding it?

Offline SenhorHoshino

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 05:45:45 »
@weaston

Can’t you just limit the buy to 1 case per person?

Opens a lot of spots it seems...

Anyway, I thought i was quick, seems not the case ahah

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 05:46:31 »
@weaston

Can’t you just limit the buy to 1 case per person?

Opens a lot of spots it seems...

Anyway, I thought i was quick, seems not the case ahah
It would be nice for those of us who got a form in but didn't make the cut. That said it's almost too late now.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 06:09:41 »

This information, requested by the mod, is still missing. Or I'm not finding it?

You’re not finding it. Also, give the guy a break he just added another 100 boards to his workload.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 06:27:30 »

You’re not finding it. Also, give the guy a break he just added another 100 boards to his workload.

Totally agree with you, future.

Weaston is doing a big GB and he just can't give a shipping date out of thin air that fast. He is probably still going through invoicing yet alone talking with the factory about shipping dates. There's a lot that goes behind-the-scenes and saying "make 300 boards" just doesn't make factory go "oh, here's a shipping date". There's a bunch of options, figuring out lead times on materials etc. Please be passionate, people!
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 07:15:10 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline weaston

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 06:56:16 »

I never had plans to reduce the unit count per person. Like I said before there were quite a few people in the original buy that have multiples because you can build with such different setups. I can't police people selling a board aftermarket and who's to say that all the people that only wanted one unit aren't going to do it too? It also wouldn't be fair now to not provide the same chance here that others got.

The form will be the same as before, albeit with some slight changes to make sure no one can absolutely autofill it.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline born2relax

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 06:58:47 »

I never had plans to reduce the unit count per person. Like I said before there were quite a few people in the original buy that have multiples because you can build with such different setups. I can't police people selling a board aftermarket and who's to say that all the people that only wanted one unit aren't going to do it too? It also wouldn't be fair now to not provide the same chance here that others got.

The form will be the same as before, albeit with some slight changes to make sure no one can absolutely autofill it.

Alright cool. Thanks Weaston.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 07:20:30 »
Yup. Have heard about this board for a while. Stopped lurking to get in on it. Hopefully luck will be with me on the 22nd, unlike yesterday. Haha.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 07:58:45 »
Probably best to amend the title to reflect the change in timeline - it still says "opening today - 5PM EST" despite the fact that today is 21/01 and not 22/01.

Mod edit: Agreed and fixed!
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 08:10:03 by Signature »

Offline H3NT4I

• 気持ちいい
Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (100 More Units Opening Tomorrow - 5PM EST)
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 08:48:23 »
Will be trying again on Wednesday, good luck to everyone who's hoping to get one

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 09:38:24 »
Can someone please tell me the link to the discord server?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Actually don't bother. I'm going to skip this board. Missing out on the GH earlier was actually a blessing in disguise even though it left a bad taste in the mouth. Buying this way from hype is purely from FOMO. It's not the end of the world.  I'll try to get boards from more reliable source from now on. Plus I'm already spending too much on this hobby.

I'm kinda in the same boat tbh. I knew I would have to be fast on this, but I really don't feel like stressing to compete with this level of hype and fomo, especially when boards like the klippe s exist.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 09:43:59 »

Actually don't bother. I'm going to skip this board. Missing out on the GH earlier was actually a blessing in disguise even though it left a bad taste in the mouth. Buying this way from hype is purely from FOMO. It's not the end of the world.  I'll try to get boards from more reliable source from now on. Plus I'm already spending too much on this hobby.

I'm kinda in the same boat tbh. I knew I would have to be fast on this, but I really don't feel like stressing to compete with this level of hype and fomo, especially when boards like the klippe s exist.
I still think its fun to chase the hype, but I agree that people get way to butthurt over stuff like this lol. I will be racing alongside everyone else Wednesday, but thats part of the fun of it. If you are stressing about hype buys and taking L's, just buy the rama's and the polaris's. This stuff isn't worth screeching over.

Offline willyG

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 09:53:11 »
Is there any chance of getting another practice form? I read there are 11 pages of options. It would be nice to know what they all are more precisely and what to be ready for...

don't see how this would be of any detriment to anyone.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:03:29 »
First page is your personal info, email user name etc. then it's a lot of multiple choice pages. Board layout, ano colour, pcb 1 and 2 colour, then 4 pages for 4 plates both alps and MX, cerakote option text field, extra gasket and screw set options, "yes i agree to bow to thee" check mark, and then the most important page; trivia! gotta get this one right or else

Also, side note, weaston already said he will be switching things up a bit so this info will probably be outdated.

Also also, it's common speedrunner tradition to not hold secret strats so I will give you an extra tip. Zoom out on the page to have more info on the screen at once. Less scrolling, more time save!

And if you think I am leaking important info that will mess with the competition you can go and sh

Offline willyG

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:05:33 »
First page is your personal info, email user name etc. then it's a lot of multiple choice pages. Board layout, ano colour, pcb 1 and 2 colour, then 4 pages for 4 plates both alps and MX, cerakote option text field, extra gasket and screw set options, "yes i agree to bow to thee" check mark, and then the most important page; trivia! gotta get this one right or else

Also, side note, weaston already said he will be switching things up a bit so this info will probably be outdated.

Also also, it's common speedrunner tradition to not hold secret strats so I will give you an extra tip. Zoom out on the page to have more info on the screen at once. Less scrolling, more time save!

And if you think I am leaking important info that will mess with the competition you can go and sh

Thanks, yo. This is what I was wondering just like a gist of what to expect.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:08:03 »

Thanks, yo. This is what I was wondering just like a gist of what to expect.
Idk what keyboards you use, but I have a layer on a QMK board that outputs strings such as my paypal email, GH username, etc. I suggest getting that setup. Wouldn't hurt to set up addresses too, but I doubt you would need that for this form

Offline Septemberkb

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:34:32 »

Thanks man, exactly what I was wondering about since the practise form was only 1 page long

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:35:02 »

Perhaps you might consider the Prophet? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104294.0

Offline rikercd

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:37:39 »
There's a username on this list that is exactly equal to the # at the end of my discord tag. I wonder if it's me or just a coincidence? Any way for me to find out so I don't have to try again and clog the form with another unnecessary entry?

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:40:04 »
Maybe I'm an idiot, but whats the hype around this board? Seems like an affordable gasket mount board. Is that it?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:43:41 »
Maybe I'm an idiot, but whats the hype around this board? Seems like an affordable gasket mount board. Is that it?
All of the keyboard youtube influencers got it in a private buy, built it, and shilled it.

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #376 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:44:31 »
What we need is an official geekhack discord server for situations like this  :)) :)) :))

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:50:39 »
What we need is an official geekhack discord server for situations like this  :)) :)) :))
Why? We have an irc channel that has been running great for years
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:53:58 by KingOfMemes »

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:09:19 »

Combination of initial private group buy (low numbers), gasket mount (back when it was rare), half plate (rare), flex cut PCB (rare), and a cool name. Nowadays, these features are more common, so yeah...this board is mostly hype at this point.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #379 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:21:49 »

Perhaps you might consider the Prophet? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104294.0

Very interesting, I like it. I'm gonna follow this. Tks :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:26:53 by Ensaum »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:38:48 »

Prophet looks cool. Pretty unique design. Definitely doesn't have the flex a gasket does, but the nylon plate looks like it definitely creates a very uniform typing experience.

Offline demonahz

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:46:07 »

I just found, thanks for answering :)

also, I just made a question where I even pointed a possible failure from my side (that was true). I believe it is still allowed, right? will make sure to PM you before asking anything around here again. apologies.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 12:06:19 »

also, I just made a question where I even pointed a possible failure from my side (that was true). I believe it is still allowed, right? will make sure to PM you before asking anything around here again. apologies.

Eh, your fine, haha. People are just testy in here after yesterday.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #383 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 12:54:31 »

This whole community is full of cynical, pretentious, elitist neckbeards. Getting talked down to is just par for the course

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 12:59:23 »
Prophet looks cool. Pretty unique design. Definitely doesn't have the flex a gasket does, but the nylon plate looks like it definitely creates a very uniform typing experience.

Yeah, I'm now holding out for klippe s round 2 for a flexi build. He mentioned potentially having gasket mounting, half plates, and full poly options for r2. The prophet looks interesting as is and I do have a Plain60C that needs a home rn.

Offline jrs

« Reply #385 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 13:03:09 »
I hope I filled out everything on the form right.  I tried to fill out everything accurately, I didn't randomly pick or anything, and I think I filled out everything right, but I'm a little nervous, since I filled it out quickly.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #386 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 13:09:26 »
I hope I filled out everything on the form right.  I tried to fill out everything accurately, I didn't randomly pick or anything, and I think I filled out everything right, but I'm a little nervous, since I filled it out quickly.

I'm on the same boat. I am so sure I clicked on the correct options yet I feel like I messed it all up. Gotta wait till the order list goes up.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 13:11:50 »

This whole community is full of cynical, pretentious, elitist neckbeards. Getting talked down to is just par for the course

No one is talking down in that scenario. If anything, demonnahz's message doesn't come over in the most polite way to ask a question as well...

Making these kinds of comments that the whole community is this & that is just how you reflect yourself, dude. Trash talking isn't the only way to get yourself noticed.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline jrs

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:22:48 »
I got the black case with the red aluminum half plate and red PCB, I think I'm going to use red on black keycaps.  I hope it'll look good.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:27:08 »

Yeah, I'm now holding out for klippe s round 2 for a flexi build. He mentioned potentially having gasket mounting, half plates, and full poly options for r2. The prophet looks interesting as is and I do have a Plain60C that needs a home rn.

I mean that's the beauty of it right, everyones got a pcb sitting around to throw in the prophet, haha. And that's interesting news on the klippe s r2. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:33:45 »

Gasket in a board like this usually doesn't really add flex because it's compressed, unless you don't screw the case together all the way.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:35:58 »

Gasket in a board like this usually doesn't really add flex because it's compressed, unless you don't screw the case together all the way.

have you seen the flex tests on this thing lol

Offline alanskiii

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:58:03 »
have you seen the flex tests on this thing lol
I think he's talking about the Prophet

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 15:20:22 »

True. Was just pointing out the difference between prophet and gskt-00. I'm assuming people are here for the flex. Prophets flex comes solely from the flex cuts in the pcb and nylon plate (which flexes slightly on pin mounts, and across the surface of the whole board, hence the uniform feel). The flex here is clearly very different with the gaskets. Having major flex in the middle with slightly stiffer flex towards edges.

If you meant this board doesn't have flex, your sorely mistaken. There are cutouts and the gaskets aren't fully compressed. That's the whole point.

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 15:27:49 by Zeelobby »

Offline wencan008

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 16:05:59 »
Since I'm probably not gonna be fast enough for tomorrow's form, any recommendations for other boards with similar levels of flex?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 16:10:12 »
Since I'm probably not gonna be fast enough for tomorrow's form, any recommendations for other boards with similar levels of flex?
There might be some coming up. Right now there's none really in the pipeline. Polaris should start delivering after CNY, so mechmarket should have some people are getting rid of. I'm sure this won't be the last gasket we see before year's end.

Offline weaston

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 16:15:19 »
I updated the OP and am posting it here too.

Here is the practice form for those who want to familiarize themselves with the basic options before the form opens tomorrow: https://forms.gle/iwEtyXgobrtZYiDY7

Again it does not contain all fields that the final form will, but is just to give you a chance to get familiar with the less straightforward parts of the form.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I will release the final list of options and usernames for people to confirm tomorrow after the form closes.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 16:16:09 »
I updated the OP and am posting it here too.

Here is the practice form for those who want to familiarize themselves with the basic options before the form opens tomorrow: https://forms.gle/iwEtyXgobrtZYiDY7

Again it does not contain all fields that the final form will, but is just to give you a chance to get familiar with the less straightforward parts of the form.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I will release the final list of options and usernames for people to confirm tomorrow after the form closes.
Time to practice! Thanks! Maybe I'll make the cutoff this time around.

Offline obeisa

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 16:38:38 »

The form asks the cerakote option to be filled in like H[colour code] - [name of colour].

If you just want to test what flex feels like, a plateless build in a tray mount with the center stem removed will give you a sense of it. I've never type on a GSKT-00 so I don't know how it compares but there's definitely extreme levels of flex.

Offline yui_

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 17:05:27 »

I'm on the same boat. I am so sure I clicked on the correct options yet I feel like I messed it all up. Gotta wait till the order list goes up.
This is why I recorded my screen as I completed it. That way I know for certain exactly which options I selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk