Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 935070 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (100 More Units Opening Today - 5PM EST)
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 16:49:22 »
done

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 16:55:31 »
Checking the spreadsheet, I understand correctly... There's 300 boards and only 229 winners? I get that people could get up to two but that's a lot of second boards.

Anyway, congrats to everyone that is in!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #502 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 16:59:29 »
the OWL clearly said " Ah 1, ah 2, ah 3, ah 3." So it takes 3 according to the owl lmfao. that's what I put :D

The narrator also clearly said, "The world may never know" so an earlier comment saying that might actually be the right answer! Hahaha

In my mind the answer is 3, but the trivia didn't matter, was just to try to deter any automated fill outs.

I put "mechanical keyboards" in the other column to be clever.  Turns out, wasn't funny at all  :p

Offline yhs

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:02:11 »
I received form submission confirmation from the site, but did not receive an email confirmation.  Not sure if this is standard.

Same. Finished 3 mins after, but dont see my name on the list that was just circulated. Oh well!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #504 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:02:25 »
Checking the spreadsheet, I understand correctly... There's 300 boards and only 229 winners? I get that people could get up to two but that's a lot of second boards.

Does that the list include the round that we just had?

Guess I didn't make it. Oh well.

Good luck to all the flippers!

Offline reidd

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:06:41 »

oof, That's frustrating. Form submission received and everything but I guess I didn't make the cut.

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:08:47 »
I am so pissed rn that I am about to commission a board for $3500 and then ruin it with anodization

I actually didn't mind the anodization that much.  It was the GMK Stryker that clashed for me.  That board needed Laser.

Offline Uleet

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:09:39 »
Damn man so there were about 70 slots to fill up but they got taken with everyone taking more than 1 I'm guessing.

Offline weaston

« Reply #508 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:11:23 »

Thank you for linking the sheet again.  The sheet is now updated with the winners from today (1/22).  I will start compiling orders and try to get up a list for people to confirm as soon as I can, might take a day or two because of the volume.

As for the break down of single vs double boards, 76% of people only got one board.

Invoicing will start after all orders are confirmed, again expect a few days of those getting sent out, lots of people.

Thanks all, sorry about the form being a little late, google was even slow for me.

Looking forward to everyone getting their 00 :thumb:
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline Lormania

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:11:56 »
well if that list is it then I am v sad

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:16:34 »

Thank you for linking the sheet again.  The sheet is now updated with the winners from today (1/22).  I will start compiling orders and try to get up a list for people to confirm as soon as I can, might take a day or two because of the volume.

As for the break down of single vs double boards, 76% of people only got one board.

Invoicing will start after all orders are confirmed, again expect a few days of those getting sent out, lots of people.

Thanks all, sorry about the form being a little late, google was even slow for me.

Thank you for this opportunity, Weaston! Looking forward to fulfillment in the next 90+ days! I'm sure when these boards start to ship, a lot of 2019 Q4 and 2020 Q1 GMK sets are gonna be shipping around that time too. Gonna be a dope Spring!

Offline vaughno

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:18:00 »
Thanks so much for running this buy Weaston, pumped to see how it turns out! :thumb:
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #512 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:18:00 »

Thank you for this opportunity, Weaston! Looking forward to fulfillment in the next 90+ days! I'm sure when these boards start to ship, a lot of 2019 Q4 and 2020 Q1 GMK sets are gonna be shipping around that time too. Gonna be a dope Spring!
Don't get your hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:25:59 »

Don't get your hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I'm sure there will be delays, I'm not too worried about it. I'm not dying to get anything immediately right now anyway. Nonetheless, I'm just glad I even got on the list :).

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:30:50 »
What do you guys think after market will look like? I didn't make the cut, but I'd probably be willing to drop 2-3x down the line

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:31:22 »
No luck again.  Got dis money burning a hole in my pocket!  Time to surf for keyboard stuffs!

Offline clickstops

« Reply #516 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:35:08 »
I'd probably be willing to drop 2-3x down the line

I wonder if there's any correlation with this and with people buying more than one?

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:38:10 »
I think it's an easy 2-3x flip because the base price was so low.

That said, that would be stupid because the main draw of this board is that it's affordable. It doesn't do anything that hasn't been done to death now.

Offline modeseven

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Compiling orders for confirmation)
« Reply #518 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:41:28 »
Even if you didn't enter this GB planning to flip your second board, it would be too tempting not to.
It would almost be fiscally irresponsible not to do so.   ;D

Offline modeseven

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 17:57:47 »
Don't bother weaston, there is no way to please everyone short of giving a gskt to everyone. Just know that people are passionate about your board, and unfortunately it brings out the ugly side from some of us.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:01:13 »
Don't bother weaston, there is no way to please everyone short of giving a gskt to everyone. Just know that people are passionate about your board, and unfortunately it brings out the ugly side from some of us.

you mean 2 gskts each for everyone

/s
I love Elzy

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:12:20 »
limit should've been 4 so i could type with my feet tbh

Offline weaston

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:20:30 »
1. Fair point, I will consider something less prone to problems with high traffic in the future.
2. This is not a basic thing, this is a thing I would want out of most GBs.  I like to build the same board multiple ways and have extra setups for almost everything I own, if I could have gotten extra units as part of the GB then I would have.  I wasn't going to restrict units to 1 per person just because people have a fear of flipper culture in the community.  Some people who got in right now for only one could sell it the second they get it for some higher price.  I can't police being afraid of flipping and I personally like having multiples.
3. Fair point for the first part.  The idea that only "influencers" own the original 00s is simply not true.  In fact, most of them were just my friends or acquaintances before I ever even thought of running a small buy for it.  Some of them went on to do bigger or better things than they were doing way back when, but in no way were they targeted high clout people.  There was no marketing stunt to try to increase hype by keeping it small, I just wanted to make a board for friends.  I'd love to be able to take credit for some masterful hype scheme but I can't.
4. It was a fair critique.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline chits

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:22:19 »
Username does not check out

this

Thanks for doing your best to make as many ppl happy as you could Weaston. You were put in a pretty tricky spot. GB's can get weird and they're inherently difficult to do in a 'fair' manner I suppose.

Offline MrCoolPants

« Reply #524 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:23:28 »
Oh sweet baby Jesus I actually got in. Was worried that filling out the form on my phone at work would kill my chances but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Shout out to Weaston for making the best out of this whole GB situation and letting another 100 boards in knowing the extra work that'll have to be put in. Hindsight is 20/20 and people are always going to criticize what you did and didn't do but I felt you did what you could given the circumstances. 

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:25:03 »
Number 1 doesn't make much sense for FCFS format GB.  If the exact time is not announced, wouldn't that mean interested buyer would have to constantly refresh the site/form to find out when it goes live, causing the site to crash even faster?

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #526 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:29:07 »
It's a salt mine in here rn, damn.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #527 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:32:35 »
I have no horse in this race buuut... why not just opt for raffle format instead of FCFS? Wouldn't that have solved literally every issue that occurred with this GB?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #528 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:33:42 »
I have no horse in this race buuut... why not just opt for raffle format instead of FCFS? Wouldn't that have solved literally every issue that occurred with this GB?
How would you be about to cook two boards at once with a raffle?

Offline jakereps

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:38:29 »
Instead of a unit count, having a spot count that accounts for someone ordering two would match a GB FCFS format closer, IMO. 150 spots where each person could order 2, then if you wanted to hit that 300 (assuming not everyone wants 2) you could raffle the remaining x units out.

Idk **** about this stuff though so just talking out my ass. An idea for future single form, multi-unit, GB. May cause a few less people to get salty.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:39:13 »
2. This is not a basic thing, this is a thing I would want out of most GBs.  I like to build the same board multiple ways and have extra setups for almost everything I own, if I could have gotten extra units as part of the GB then I would have.  I wasn't going to restrict units to 1 per person just because people have a fear of flipper culture in the community.  Some people who got in right now for only one could sell it the second they get it for some higher price.  I can't police being afraid of flipping and I personally like having multiples.

I would like to have even 1.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #531 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:39:24 »
Instead of a unit count, having a spot count that accounts for someone ordering two would match a GB FCFS format closer, IMO. 150 spots where each person could order 2, then if you wanted to hit that 300 (assuming nothing everyone wants 2) you could raffle the remaining x units out.

Idk **** about this stuff though so just talking out my ass. An idea for future single form, multi-unit, GB. May cause a few less people to get salty.
Good points. People are always going to be salty though

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:44:09 »
Instead of a unit count, having a spot count that accounts for someone ordering two would match a GB FCFS format closer, IMO. 150 spots where each person could order 2, then if you wanted to hit that 300 (assuming not everyone wants 2) you could raffle the remaining x units out.

I genuinely like this idea. Hopefully others can implement a system like this so FCFS people are happy and a raffle satisfies the greatest number of people possible. Salt will always come with something like this, I myself being guilty after the Discord run.
I appreciate what Weaston has done and hope this doesn't put a terrible taste in his mouth for a potential R3.
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:51:00 »
I genuinely like this idea. Hopefully others can implement a system like this so FCFS people are happy and a raffle satisfies the greatest number of people possible. Salt will always come with something like this, I myself being guilty after the Discord run.
I appreciate what Weaston has done and hope this doesn't put a terrible taste in his mouth for a potential R3.

Yeah, I still genuinely like this board for it's design/mounting implementation and just just for the hype. Hopefully if/when r3 happens it'll be a bit more accessible because...

Offline Solotov

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:51:11 »
What is the hottest linear switch in the market right now? I wanna put it on an alu half plate.
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #535 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:52:35 »
What is the hottest linear switch in the market right now? I wanna put it on an alu half plate.

Probably Black Inks or Novelkeys Creams.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:57:18 »

Or different housings with UHMWPE stems.

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:00:31 »

These are what I hear a lot being talked about in linear switch conversations. I have Alpacas on the way right now, looking to see how they are this Friday when they arrive.

Offline born2relax

« Reply #538 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:10:22 »
why not increase it from 300 to 350 units? Whats the difference? 50 units? thats easy for a factory

Weaston, just sell me that all polycarb GSKT00 and we are even

Offline alanskiii

« Reply #539 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:19:36 »
Call me when r3 has usb c

Offline naked_and_jameson

« Reply #540 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:25:00 »
Was this USB mini? Not c?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline kronograf

« Reply #541 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:45:41 »
How would you be about to cook two boards at once with a raffle?

funny how artisan makers have zero problem with this

you could always raffle for spots only and mail out a form to winners to fill in options later? like 90% of board raffles out there
jane me | 910 me

Offline regionfree

« Reply #542 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:51:22 »
the bright side to all of this is that there will be a lot in the flip market.

we await the next chapter of this GB. see you all in October!

Offline dantambok

« Reply #543 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:54:50 »

gonna flip like hot pancakes baby!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #544 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:57:18 »

One of the main strengths of the board is that it's minimal and (relatively) cheap - I was going to say say it'd be surprising to see many of them be flipped but considering the fact that people love wasting money it's bound to happen regardless.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #545 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:59:36 »

Right there behind you, or hopefully in front of you  :thumb:

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #546 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 20:00:57 »

Right there behind you, or hopefully in front of you  :thumb:

At least there’ll be some time between now and when these start getting flipped. Time to save up my money.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #547 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 22:17:20 »
why not increase it from 300 to 350 units? Whats the difference? 50 units? thats easy for a factory

You ain't getting one. Just wait for them to hit mechmarket

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #548 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 23:00:03 »
thank buddha i got in, thanks for the second run mate.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #549 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 23:06:02 »

I would like to have even 1.

You guys are funny :))
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used