Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 935079 times)

Offline rikercd

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Everything here, packing and shipping soon)
« Reply #1300 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 16:34:32 »
What if I move after my first address change was confirmed?

You just delayed the GB again!

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1301 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 16:45:32 »
What if I move after my first address change was confirmed?

You just delayed the GB again!

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #1302 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 00:45:23 »
Weaston...wtf bro

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #1304 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 19:35:09 »
Weaston...wtf bro

50 out of 169 of your posts are in this thread  :))

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1305 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 20:31:36 »
Weaston...wtf bro

Dude really wants his GSKT! Lol

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1306 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 20:43:03 »
At what point do we start bringing attorneys in? I’m close with several who I’m sure would help and this definitely constitutes a class. I’d really like not to have to start playing hardball here but this is getting beyond ridiculous. Maybe I’ll just take the first steps and depending on how things go I’ll figure out how to gather contact and order information from anyone interested in participating.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #1307 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 20:52:14 »
At what point do we start bringing attorneys in? I’m close with several who I’m sure would help and this definitely constitutes a class. I’d really like not to have to start playing hardball here but this is getting beyond ridiculous. Maybe I’ll just take the first steps and depending on how things go I’ll figure out how to gather contact and order information from anyone interested in participating.

You must be new here.

See: Hyperfuse and Rukia, just to name a few.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1308 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 20:55:47 »
I’m not upset about waiting. If weaston had said shipping in 6 months, fine. The issue is he’s sitting on his ass, not responding when we know he has everything in hand. What else do you suggest to get this moving again?

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1309 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 21:07:56 »
Then after boxes arrive, Weaston can order tape! That should only take 5-6 more months, but it's ok! He'll show pics of the tape once it arrives.

After that, he can order bubble wrap! But he can only order 1 bubble at a time, and each bubble takes about a day to produce, too. Should have all the bubble wrap in...7 or so years.

This GB is ridiculous.

That would be pretty funny though.

On a serious note, gaskets are all here, sorry I haven't posted a picture yet (soon ^tm).

I went through today and updated all address changes I could find (from geekhack and discord, I still need to respond to direct emails).  If you did not get a response about an address change and you sent it on geekhack or discord then please send another.  Shipping is happening very very soon so if you have a new address change please let me know as well.

Again sorry for the wait, not much longer now.

Ight homie, it's been a month since this update. What's up.

Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline L8T

« Reply #1310 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 00:11:04 »

Do it or no balls.

In all seriousness, I'm convinced Weaston doesn't give a single **** about this GB. How much time does it take to throw in the gaskets that he already received into the boxes? Even if he tosses gaskets for 100 keyboards in a day (doesn't take too long), he will be done in 3-4 days. If he didn't already package all the keyboards during the waiting period he is just lazy as ****, there's no way a person doesn't have time to package a few hundred keyboards over a span of several months.. hell even if he packaged ONE keyboard per day he should be done packing all of the orders by now. And please don't give me that busy IRL bull****, it takes no time to package one keyboard per day. Just to remind you guys, we have yet to see a single picture of the products that are "ready to ship", the most we have seen is PCB and stacks of SOMETHING packed in foam. We don't know what the packaging looks like, we don't know what Cerakoted orders look like, hell we don't even know if he has the product in hand. Yet people keep blaming the buyers for asking for updates, sure we willingly paid money to some stranger on the internet for a rectangle but that doesn't mean we should not expect anything from the seller and just pretend everything is fine and it cant be a scam. From what I can see, this guy is friends with the big shots in the hobby, so everytime he gets **** for this GB his whiteknights come to protect him. As for the people who say they are concerned about his health more than some keyboard, this whole situation would've calmed down if he said he wasn't doing well IRL. Obviously no-one has any ill-will towards the guy, but we cant read his mind and until he says so himself it makes no sense to assume the worst and sweep this whole situation under the rug.

/rant
See yall in a few months.

Offline zian_

« Reply #1311 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 13:11:48 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1312 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 13:29:31 »
This GB has been lacking of updates. I have reached out to weaston and he promised an update in the coming days.

Regarding bumping the thread daily with a pessimistic one-liner/ telling an organizer how to run a GB gets annoying.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Esheu2

« Reply #1313 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 17:07:12 »
Weaston...wtf bro

Dude really wants his GSKT! Lol

apparently so do you, seeing as how you send people unsolicited DM's asking to buy their group buy spots
Ojou

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #1314 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 20:34:32 »
This GB has been lacking of updates. I have reached out to weaston and he promised an update in the coming days.

Regarding bumping the thread daily with a pessimistic one-liner/ telling an organizer how to run a GB gets annoying.
Really appreciate it. Hope this won't turn into another "mod dms weaston, weaston gives update but nothing happens for another 2 months."

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1315 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 07:08:01 »
Who wants to guess what “In the coming days” means for Weaston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1316 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:28:10 »

I will send out a reminder tonight if we are still missing a response.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1317 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:30:24 »

I will send out a reminder tonight if we are still missing a response.
Thanks

Offline weaston

« Reply #1318 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 13:29:45 »
Still packing all components and boards, will update when boards are ready to ship.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline pool

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Currently packing)
« Reply #1319 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 13:31:24 »
Still packing all components and boards, will update when boards are ready to ship.
Thanks weaston

See you in 6 months

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #1320 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 14:15:49 »

Thanks, Weaston. Could you check your DMs/email when you have a moment? I have sent a few address change requests since last September but I never received a response or confirmation. I can send another so it’s at the top of your inbox if necessary. Thanks!

« Reply #1321 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 14:19:12 »

I mean an update is an update, but.... bruh

At least he didn't say "soon" again  :D

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #1322 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 14:51:22 »

I mean an update is an update, but.... bruh

At least he didn't say "soon" again  :D
Haha. A percentage done or some other metric would be cool. We know how useless soon.tm is

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #1323 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 16:18:23 »
Info on cerakoted boards?

Pictures of literally anything but your spare room with gunpla?

Dude, come the **** on.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1324 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 16:38:35 »
There's no way this can be an acceptable response to the mods...

You put off putting an update in for 3 days just to give a 1 sentence, half-assed response like that?

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1325 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 16:58:30 »

If you're not a software engineer you should look into it. You'd fit right in.

Offline L8T

« Reply #1326 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:15:19 »
Info on cerakoted boards?

Pictures of literally anything but your spare room with gunpla?

Dude, come the **** on.

He does things in an orderly fashion. He waited 2 years to get all the components to start packing, once he is done with packing he will ship the non-cerakoted ones. When all the non-cerakoted board owners receive their boards he will start cerakoting for the others. After that he ships all the cerakoted boards to its owners. So if you want an estimate, its gonna take maybe a year to ship the non-cerakoted boards to people in bum**** nowhere, and then a couple months to cerakote, and another week or so for shipping. TLDR: Its your christmas present for 2022.

EDIT: Oops, I made a small mistake. He only ships one board at a time and waits for delivery confirmation before shipping the next so my estimate was off by a bit. Now the estimate is pushed to christmas 2023.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:18:38 by L8T »

Offline MrCoolPants

« Reply #1327 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 22:31:17 »
Christ almighty this whole ordeal has reminded me why I slowly stopped caring about this hobby. Just hoping to get my board at some point (lol) and just finally be done with it.

Offline nikkynak

« Reply #1328 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 22:34:34 »

Surprise surprise, you still haven't gotten to my address change.

I don't even want this keyboard anymore, I'd way rather just have my money and time back.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1329 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 23:15:24 »
If there is one thing to take away from this buy, it's that we should appreciate how much vendors have done for our community.
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1330 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 23:21:37 »
I don’t know what y’all are complaining about now. We’ve been blessed with an update. We peons should be grateful for whatever crumbs master deems worthy of our miserable, unworthy souls.

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #1331 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 01:18:02 »

Appreciate the update - still looking forward to getting the board

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1332 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 03:30:48 »
You can't be serious?

These questions need answering:
What is the status of the Cerakoted boards?
What is the status of the address changes?
What is your ETA for completing packing and starting to ship out the boards?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1333 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:16:06 »

There are no refunds of any kind. Once you have paid the money, you will not be getting it back unless there is some failure on my end at which point probably everyone would be refunded, but that is an absolute worst case scenario.  Worth mentioning in the spirit of Caveat Emptor.

First off - Shame, Weaston, shame! GB was announced almost 2 years ago!
Secondly - I hope (because there's no reason to believe your vague update messages) you can refund people. Because now it seems like you're pretty close to your own mentioned "worst case scenario".

Money is nice but when you can't hold your own promises and even update people thoroughly on WTF is actually going on on your end, is the money really worth it? Your reputation is ****ed, your mental health is probably in shambles and likely the money is long gone, keeping up with appearances of having it all together when, in fact, you probably have used up money from your own pocket to fulfill the long overdue GB.

Ghosting from designers running their own GB while trying to take on bigger quantities than even vendors can handle, is getting more and more common. People, please don't fall for this.

P.S. I have no stakes in this GB as I did not partake (but I wanted to). Just saying my own thoughts.
P.P.S. Hopefully, this shower thought doesn't come back to bite in my big white hiney.

EDIT: All in all - my main message to Weaston (if he reads this thread and people's negative responses) is this - people would be more understanding if you'd be more open about your struggles and reasoning behind delays. Currently, it seems you're hiding because might be afraid of more backlash. Dude, hold in there and just be transparent on what's actually going on. Updates shorter than Twitter messages just makes it looks like you don't have time AT ALL which, in turn, comes off as you not actually doing what you're telling people you are doing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:45:07 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1334 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:47:10 »
I think we have arrived at a point where you have to provide evidence that your products actually exist. I believe your photo from last year to be genuine based on the amount of boards and colours of pieces (don't think red was offered in the private buys), but anything after that has no photo evidence, other than two pcbs from much earlier this year. No photos of the PCBs, no promised photos of the gaskets, no photos of the cerakoted boards. Normally photo evidence should not be necessary, but if you yourself say that not being able to provide positive updates brings you nothing but dread, just snap a couple pictures of the packaging process, or the boards, or the PCBs, or the gaskets, and upload them. That only takes a couple of minutes and should restore some of the much needed confidence in this buy and I frankly don't understand why you haven't posted them yet.

Sadly this message will fall on deaf ears since weaston probably ghosts this thread until the next time he's forced to post an update.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:48:44 by Fnzzy »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1335 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:50:42 »
/unmod for a sec
I agree that this GB has dragged on for way too long, I too have invested money in it, but you ask for minimal communication and when you get it you flame him? Yes after a 2 month silence we would like so much more I get it, but do you really think shaming him more (see last 10 pages) will get you any further?  I will try to write to weaston more often to entice more frequent communication.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1336 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:56:16 »
/unmod for a sec
I agree that this GB has dragged on for way too long, I too have invested money in it, but you ask for minimal communication and when you get it you flame him? Yes after a 2 month silence we would like so much more I get it, but do you really think shaming him more (see last 10 pages) will get you any further?  I will try to write to weaston more often to entice more frequent communication.
The communication we just got was pretty much useless. There is literally no peace of mind afforded or no new information provided by the communication we just received.

1. He hasn’t answered any of the countless questions about address changes
2. He hasn’t talked about cerakoted boards
3. He hasn’t given a reason as to why things are moving so slow
4. He hasn’t provided any pictures since the gaskets arrived when he said he would.

I understand that constantly bumping this thread seems to do nothing and provide no motivation to Weaston but it seems like at least the Mods can provide some motivation. Maybe providing some motivation to answer the above would help everyone (us, mods, and even Weaston) have some peace of mind.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1337 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 08:56:58 »
So this response is acceptable to you?

No one asked for minimal communications, other than mods that are allowing this type of information to be ok...People asked for MEANINGFUL updates.

Stop with the BS and enabling him to get away with this crap.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1338 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 09:16:42 »
The communication we just got was pretty much useless. There is literally no peace of mind afforded or no new information provided by the communication we just received.

4. He hasn’t provided any pictures since the gaskets arrived when he said he would.

I understand that constantly bumping this thread seems to do nothing and provide no motivation to Weaston but it seems like at least the Mods can provide some motivation. Maybe providing some motivation to answer the above would help everyone (us, mods, and even Weaston) have some peace of mind.

Yes I agree that this communication is not providing any information but it does show that at least cares enough about the GB to still visit the thread. Do I think it's acceptable, no, but there is no statement in the guidelines for how an update should be structured.

My thought process was that the biggest reason for the lack of communication from weaston was due to the believed pressure from the community. I do believe its important to set requirements for the updates, but first we need to get regular communication. In the end we all just want to be done with the GB.

Enabling what exactly? I'm doing moderator work on my spare time because I like this forum, what exactly do you want me to do here?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1339 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 09:20:57 »
I'm sorry, was I not clear? Did you miss the word MEANINGFUL? You know, that word in all caps? Here, I'll put it here again so you will hopefully see it this time. I'll even put it a couple times...

The people want MEANINGFUL...MEANINGFUL...updates. Not 1 sentence BS that doesn't do anything. Hoffy has put several MEANINGFUL questions that people want answered.

You saying that "he gave the absolute bare minimum, which is what you idiots that keep bumping this thread asked for".

There are certain situations where a 1 word sentence may do. Something like a keyset where the only news to share is that there is no news when the keyset isn't due for another 6 months...This GB is certainly not one of these situations, and you very well know that.

Learn to read what people asked for. It wasn't that response he gave.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 November 2021, 09:41:51 by clik_clak »

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1340 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 09:42:47 »

Yes I agree that this communication is not providing any information but it does show that at least cares enough about the GB to still visit the thread. Do I think it's acceptable, no, but there is no statement in the guidelines for how an update should be structured.

My thought process was that the biggest reason for the lack of communication from weaston was due to the believed pressure from the community. I do believe its important to set requirements for the updates, but first we need to get regular communication. In the end we all just want to be done with the GB.

Enabling what exactly? I'm doing moderator work on my spare time because I like this forum, what exactly do you want me to do here?
I understand that you guys can’t do much else. I was mainly just replying to what you said about being grateful for the update we did get. Just hoping we get the boards at this rate

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1341 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 09:54:08 »
I understand that you guys can’t do much else. I was mainly just replying to what you said about being grateful for the update we did get. Just hoping we get the boards at this rate

Agreed, sorry if I worded my first post poorly. It wasn't meant to be taken as "you got your update now be happy", but rather a possibility of getting more frequent communication. I think we share our opinion regarding the informational value of weastons reply.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1342 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 10:12:11 »
Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate Signature for having so much professionalism and diplomacy. This is a thankless job most of the time yet you've done an admirable job of staying above the fold even when it seems everyone else is in a bad place.

Online LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1343 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 10:16:48 »
Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate Signature for having so much professionalism and diplomacy. This is a thankless job most of the time yet you've done an admirable job of staying above the fold even when it seems everyone else is in a bad place.
+1 have seen Signature do a lot over the years and have lots of respect for him.

Honestly, I'm glad there was no reply to that aggressively worded post earlier because it's not even warranted to say anything to that. It wouldn't be MEANINGFUL.

We all have money down here and hope for the same outcome.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1344 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 10:24:34 »
Agreed

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1345 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 12:06:04 »

+1 have seen Signature do a lot over the years and have lots of respect for him.

Honestly, I'm glad there was no reply to that aggressively worded post earlier because it's not even warranted to say anything to that. It wouldn't be MEANINGFUL.

We all have money down here and hope for the same outcome.

Agreed

Offline ddnomad

[GB] GSKT-00 (Currently packing)
« Reply #1346 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 12:24:43 »
So I’ve being following this thread for a while now. Have no stakes in the GB but did hope to _maybe_ get a board from extras (lol).

People are slowly losing their temper. Hope this is not another Lumina type of situation here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 November 2021, 12:26:54 by ddnomad »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1347 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 14:08:05 »
Since weaston was pretty fast at answering to my prior message I will from now on message weekly and try to address the most pressing issue at hand (for this week it seems like pictures and how to reach him for address changes). Trying not to do too many questions at once.

Feel free to post questions that you want me to put forward as well as keeping me accountable, just reply in the thread when my msg should be due or PM. Hopefully the GSKT00 will be in reach soon :)

Offline Full

« Reply #1348 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 14:45:13 »
Since weaston was pretty fast at answering to my prior message I will from now on message weekly and try to address the most pressing issue at hand (for this week it seems like pictures and how to reach him for address changes). Trying not to do too many questions at once.

Feel free to post questions that you want me to put forward as well as keeping me accountable, just reply in the thread when my msg should be due or PM. Hopefully the GSKT00 will be in reach soon :)

Probably wrong place to take this up, but why are not moderators doing the same for other GBs where people are waiting months for updates?
Hi!

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1349 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 15:18:22 »

That sounds great, thanks! I hope this form of communication leads to stress free updates for either side.