Author Topic: whats the deal with m.night shyamalan  (Read 13484 times)

Offline wellington1869

whats the deal with m.night shyamalan
« on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 23:43:19 »
Shyamalan Has to Defend Career to Reporter

so while watching the previews when I went to see 'inception', the preview for M. Night's latest movie came on (i think its called 'the devil', about 4 people trapped in an elevator with a killer, or as the Onion review put it, "5 people in need of a plot twist"),  and the preview for that comes on, and the audience watches silently until the end, when on the screen flashes "From the Mind of M. Night Shyamalan", and the audience literally collectivelly groaned out loud (it was really funny, the audience's reaction, everyone giggled afterwards).

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline gr1m

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 23:47:43 »
His defense was lame. "Sounds like something you Googled" - that was an immature attack. Don't these people who make billions of dollars by making ****ty movies know how to behave properly (Mel Gibson need not apply)?

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 23:58:25 »
'i see dead people' was good (or whatever it was called, lol).  

Both the village (and signs) were okay up until both of their REALLY LAME-ASS INCREDIBLY LAME-ASS, TOTALLY UNCONVINCING, endings.  In a way 'the village' and "signs" were harbingers of things to come -- they showed that he can *execute* a movie (he knows how to *film* suspense) -- but -- he does not know how to *write* a story without straining the audience's sense of disbelief.   And thats saying a lot - american audiences will eat up pretty much anything.

Give him a good story and he can execute it well, but he cant write for ****.  Therefore I believe he got lucky with 'i see white people'.

movies like the one about the underwater tart showed that too; he thinks he has an imagination but really he doesnt.

I really think he needs to stop writing his own stuff, thats what will save his career. But then airbender was written by others and he still blew it. (tho it did make over 100 million, just goes to show, he needs to stick with other peoples stories).

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline chimera15

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 July 2010, 01:14:06 »
Sign's was the stupidest sci-fi movie ever made, and that's saying something, with more plot holes and stupidity than plan 9 from outer space or even Star Trek the redo.  He shoulda just quit after unbreakable, it was clear he was out of ideas.  One of the funniest things I've ever seen is when they ragged on Signs in Stargate SG-1. roflol  

Those are the two sci-fi movies I don't get how people can buy/like, and yet everyone hated Battlefield Earth which had more quality and less plot holes than those two. lol
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 July 2010, 01:20:26 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline chimera15

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 July 2010, 01:22:58 »
Quote from: wellington1869;205863
'i see dead people' was good (or whatever it was called, lol).  

Both the village (and signs) were okay up until both of their REALLY LAME-ASS INCREDIBLY LAME-ASS, TOTALLY UNCONVINCING, endings.  In a way 'the village' and "signs" were harbingers of things to come -- they showed that he can *execute* a movie (he knows how to *film* suspense) -- but -- he does not know how to *write* a story without straining the audience's sense of disbelief.   And thats saying a lot - american audiences will eat up pretty much anything.

Give him a good story and he can execute it well, but he cant write for ****.  Therefore I believe he got lucky with 'i see white people'.

movies like the one about the underwater tart showed that too; he thinks he has an imagination but really he doesnt.

I really think he needs to stop writing his own stuff, thats what will save his career. But then airbender was written by others and he still blew it. (tho it did make over 100 million, just goes to show, he needs to stick with other peoples stories).

Yeah wasn't airbender just crap?  The acting was so bad, a better director could have pulled out a better performance or done something else.  It was laughable and horrible.
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 July 2010, 02:17:14 »
Quote from: chimera15;205872
Sign's was the stupidest sci-fi movie ever made, and that's saying something, with more plot holes and stupidity

lol, yea agreed

yet everyone hated Battlefield Earth which had more quality and less plot holes than those two. lol

lol yea its funny, i didnt mind battlefield earth. I was kind of quiet about that since everyone was ragging on it so badly ;)

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 July 2010, 03:58:27 »
Quote from: chimera15;205872
Sign's was the stupidest sci-fi movie ever made, and that's saying something

In total agreement... and what made it even worse was how badly it was over hyped. It came on the heels of the Sixth Sense so everyone was expecting the world and the pre-release publicity did nothing to temper expectations so expectations spun out of control.

Maybe the real reason why Mel Gibson went kooks was out of regret for being in such a bad movie.

Nearly invincible aliens who happen to be vulnerable to common H20 invade a planet that's 70% water! I wanted to swallow bathroom cleaner after having to witness the end of the movie.

The ending would have been better had people started spitting on the aliens and killing them with toxic saliva. It'd be a twist on the fire breathing monster... beware of the spit lobbing humans.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 July 2010, 04:03:57 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;205889

Nearly invincible aliens who happen to be vulnerable to common H20 invade a planet that's 70% water! I wanted to swallow bathroom cleaner after having to witness the end of the movie.

The ending would have been better had people started spitting on the aliens and killing them with toxic saliva. It'd be a twist on the fire breathing monster... beware of the spit lobbing humans.

hahahaha exactly

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 02:23:45 »
What "underwater tart" are you talking about?

I liked Signs.  But perhaps for reasons having nothing to do with its quality as a movie.

Battlefield Earth was painful. Awful. Ghastly.  And boring.

Unbreakable however, the second it ended I wanted to watch immediately all over again. RIGHT THEN.  I think it even says that in the review quip on the dvd cover in almost those same words.  An unusually brilliant movie that I often forget about for some reason until someone mentions it again.  But easily on of my favorites of all time.
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline chimera15

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 02:58:24 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;205889
In total agreement... and what made it even worse was how badly it was over hyped. It came on the heels of the Sixth Sense so everyone was expecting the world and the pre-release publicity did nothing to temper expectations so expectations spun out of control.

Maybe the real reason why Mel Gibson went kooks was out of regret for being in such a bad movie.

It's worse than that.  There's fricken water always in the air, that's the humidity rate.  One good rainstorm, invasion over. lol  I mean, I came to think, maybe it was just me that saw the complete idiocy of it, or that M. Night, had intended this and somehow was trying to say something, or making fun of other sci-fi movies, or war of the worlds or something...but I finally came to the conclusion it was just bad and stupid! lol
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2010, 03:00:33 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 03:39:06 »
Quote from: chimera15;206151
It's worse than that.  There's fricken water always in the air, that's the humidity rate.  One good rainstorm, invasion over.

Hahah! I didn't even think about that!

Quote from: chimera15;206151
maybe it was just me that saw the complete idiocy of it, or that M. Night, had intended this and somehow was trying to say something, or making fun of other sci-fi movies, or war of the worlds or something...but I finally came to the conclusion it was just bad and stupid! lol

The genius in War of the Worlds was in its original execution and its history as an oft repeated hoax that somehow always manages to cause mayhem whenever it's repeated around the world even in current times. The other thing that makes War of the Worlds infinitely better is that there's realism in beings from another world succumbing to disease that they've never been exposed to. It may seem like a lame ending, but it's not ridiculous.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 03:59:51 »
I've had hours long discussions with a friend of mine about how bad Signs sucked...

The at the time nonsensical but later revealed as divine foreshadowing statement of his dying pinned between the car and the tree wife.  Ouch.  

The news broadcast celebrating that a weakness had been found blah blah blah details to come later blah blah blah simple solution blah blah blah.  How hard is it to just scream "WATER!  SPRAY THEM WITH WATER!"?  The reporter can have the clues as to what it might be, but not the actual answer?  WHAT?  

The loss of faith subplot was also a real kick in the nuts.  What kind of minister is that ****ing weakass?  Yeah, it sucks, your wife died in a freak accident, but dude part of your job is comforting people who have gone through the same thing with their own family members / friends / etc. and convincing them that it's all ok and part of the plan.  If you can't walk the walk.........

I could have out-written shalamanayamanakan at fourteen years old and pumped full of sedatives.

The Sixth Sense was no better.  I knew he was dead from the time the New Kid on the Block shot him.  If you're going to make a movie with a plot twist, and you realize that people will be saying, "oh it's a great movie but it's got this crazy twist but I won't ruin it for you!" then by George make a movie where the twist isn't so evident that only watching the first 5 minutes of the movie makes the rest of it irrelevant.  

I suggest he officially change his name to I. Might Suckalongdong.  It would be the most mature and interesting creative decision he ever made, even if I suggested it to him first.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2010, 04:02:19 by Oqsy »
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 05:13:36 »
Quote from: Oqsy;206160
The loss of faith subplot was also a real kick in the nuts.  What kind of minister is that ****ing weakass?

I forgot about that part, but I don't think it's as silly as it may seem. It's always different when it happens to you and I've heard some interviews with clergy of various religons and one discomfort they mentioned in common was how little they knew of what they were doing when counseling other people about death early in their careers before they had to go through it first hand.

There was this one rabbi in particular that I remember who lost a son and was in turn counseled by his fellow clergymen and he realized just how hollow the words he was trained to say were. The loss of his son was made all the more painful in that it made him cringe from remembering an incident when he had to counsel a couple who had lost their son and he used the same words that rang hollow on him.
-

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 11:53:10 »
Quote from: Oqsy;206160
I've had hours long discussions with a friend of mine about how bad Signs sucked...

The at the time nonsensical but later revealed as divine foreshadowing statement of his dying pinned between the car and the tree wife.  Ouch.  

The news broadcast celebrating that a weakness had been found blah blah blah details to come later blah blah blah simple solution blah blah blah.  How hard is it to just scream "WATER!  SPRAY THEM WITH WATER!"?  The reporter can have the clues as to what it might be, but not the actual answer?  WHAT?  

The loss of faith subplot was also a real kick in the nuts.  What kind of minister is that ****ing weakass?  Yeah, it sucks, your wife died in a freak accident, but dude part of your job is comforting people who have gone through the same thing with their own family members / friends / etc. and convincing them that it's all ok and part of the plan.  If you can't walk the walk.........

I could have out-written shalamanayamanakan at fourteen years old and pumped full of sedatives.

The Sixth Sense was no better.  I knew he was dead from the time the New Kid on the Block shot him.  If you're going to make a movie with a plot twist, and you realize that people will be saying, "oh it's a great movie but it's got this crazy twist but I won't ruin it for you!" then by George make a movie where the twist isn't so evident that only watching the first 5 minutes of the movie makes the rest of it irrelevant.  

I suggest he officially change his name to I. Might Suckalongdong.  It would be the most mature and interesting creative decision he ever made, even if I suggested it to him first.

hahahahaha nice anti-signs rant; i too had discussions right along these lines with my friends after we saw it ;)   Yea you gotta wonder why, at some point during the writing process, one of his friends or co-workers didnt just say to him, "Um, Night? Water, bro? Water!!?"

I didnt mind sixth sense (probably again because its plot holes, while huge, were slightly better than the plot holes in all his other movies. The execution was good.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2010, 11:58:03 by wellington1869 »

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 11:56:51 »
Quote from: Voixdelion;206144
What "underwater tart" are you talking about?

I liked Signs.  But perhaps for reasons having nothing to do with its  quality as a movie.

Battlefield Earth was painful. Awful. Ghastly.  And boring.

Unbreakable however, the second it ended I wanted to watch immediately all over again. RIGHT THEN.  I think it even says that in the review quip on the dvd cover in almost those same words.  An unusually brilliant movie that I often forget about for some reason until someone mentions it again.  But easily on of my favorites of all time.

"underwater tart" = "The Lady in My Swimming Pool" or something. Oh, here it is: The Lady in the Water.

I never did see Unbreakable.  Hmmm, maybe I should give it a shot. Putting it on my netflix queue.  Tho apprehensively.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 14:37:31 »
Unbreakable is the ONLY shamalayahanmanagahanamannanaanaaanaahabbahabbabayan I can say I didn't hate.  To be honest I generally dislike movies with Samuel L. Jackson (with some notable exceptions where the movie and/or director overpowered his tendency toward hyperbole, or used it appropriately).  I also knew M. Knight Boogieban was horrible, so I watched it with zero expectations, and prepared to hate it.  

(Of note, I think Bruce Willis picks excellent scripts considering the way he's been pigeonholed as a specific "type" of actor.  This fact alone gave me the motivation to watch Unbreakable).  

It was definitely the most engaging shamalaggin' film for me.  I'm not even a big comic book / superhero movie guy.  I just thought it was a nice dark slant on the super hero vs. super villain plot.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 15:31:27 »
My favourite movie is "Ivanhoe" the 1952 version.

Damn that was a good movie, I loved the ending battle scene: probably the best battle scene ever produced in a movie.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline chimera15

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 15:33:36 »
Quote from: Oqsy;206299
Unbreakable is the ONLY shamalayahanmanagahanamannanaanaaanaahabbahabbabayan I can say I didn't hate.  To be honest I generally dislike movies with Samuel L. Jackson (with some notable exceptions where the movie and/or director overpowered his tendency toward hyperbole, or used it appropriately).  I also knew M. Knight Boogieban was horrible, so I watched it with zero expectations, and prepared to hate it.  

(Of note, I think Bruce Willis picks excellent scripts considering the way he's been pigeonholed as a specific "type" of actor.  This fact alone gave me the motivation to watch Unbreakable).  

It was definitely the most engaging shamalaggin' film for me.  I'm not even a big comic book / superhero movie guy.  I just thought it was a nice dark slant on the super hero vs. super villain plot.

Yeah Unbreakable was the last movie he made that was any good.  The best thing about it, and the really interesting idea, is that it tried to see what a super hero in real life would actually be like.  It's similar to Stan Lee's new series where he searches for amazing super hero like people in real life with amazing talents.  It's a really great concept but  I think Bruce Willis was the reason those early movies were so good, more than M. Night.  It also made me think maybe I'm a super hero since I've never broken a bone, or been sick in 20 years. lol
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2010, 15:45:38 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:

Offline chimera15

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 15:40:06 »
Quote from: wellington1869;206233
hahahahaha nice anti-signs rant; i too had discussions right along these lines with my friends after we saw it ;)   Yea you gotta wonder why, at some point during the writing process, one of his friends or co-workers didnt just say to him, "Um, Night? Water, bro? Water!!?"

I didnt mind sixth sense (probably again because its plot holes, while huge, were slightly better than the plot holes in all his other movies. The execution was good.

I know right, I mean this movie had to make it past at least dozens of people that had seen it, not one of them could say, this doesn't make any sense?  It's either a case of them not wanting to say the emporer has no pants, or I was thinking maybe it was originally Coke or something that was going to kill the aliens, and they lost the sponsorship cause the company didn't want their product killing anything. lol

Coke would at least make sense since it's acidic!
Alps boards:

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 20:57:40 »
I don't like silly names, for people or films.

M. Night Shyamalan? What does the M stand for? Are you supposed to subliminally think "Midnight" when you read it? I don't really care about the answer, I'm just annoyed by the sillyness and arrogance. I expect there's some half-assed cultural explanation, like the M word can't be pronounced by Western people, but I'm sorry M. Night, political correctness isn't going to stop people being pissed of by such pretentiousness.

He has a film about the last airbender? I don't know what an airbender is and wasn't aware they were extinct. How do you bend air, it's normally kind of gaseous? Again, I don't care about the explanation, I'm just annoyed at his attempt to pique my interest with a mysterious film name. You can't manipulate me that way. I'm too old and grumpy, I'm immune to your nonsense!

Offline gr1m

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 21:02:18 »
Quote from: Rajagra;206407
He has a film about the last airbender? I don't know what an airbender is and wasn't aware they were extinct. How do you bend air, it's normally kind of gaseous? Again, I don't care about the explanation, I'm just annoyed at his attempt to pique my interest with a mysterious film name. You can't manipulate me that way. I'm too old and grumpy, I'm immune to your nonsense!

Well, airbenders aren't Shamylanylamamandntrololololol's invention. They're common in fantasy literature/games. Like sorcerers or magicians, they can bend the air to do their will. That type of ****. I played an RPG recently, I think it was Torchlight, that had an Airbender class similar to a Mage class.

Offline chimera15

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 21:20:06 »
The last airbender is based on a Nickelodeon cartoon, Avatar: The last airbender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

Fans of that series really seem to hate the movie more than a normal person who hasn't seen the original, so he must not have done it justice at all. lol
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2010, 21:24:52 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 21:57:34 »
Quote from: chimera15;206414
The last airbender is based on a Nickelodeon cartoon, Avatar: The last airbender.

And I heard that the original intended name for the movie was "Avatar."
-

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 23:10:58 »
Yeah, when I first started hearing about James Cameron's blue skinned terd, I immediately felt sorry for the Avatar: The Last Airbender enterprise since the name would forever be ruined.  Seriously, at least there's some semblance of creativity in the Airbender story, Avatar was just a wet fart on film.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 23:12:04 »
Oh FYI, I'm not seeing the Airbender movie, but the cartoons on Nickelodeon were pretty darn good, especially compared to most of the mindless garbage on kids channels...

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 00:18:55 »
Quote from: Oqsy;206457
Avatar was just a wet fart on film.

lol, yea i really didnt like it much either. Didnt think it was in the least bit original as far as the story goes.  yea it was pretty to watch, but what big budget movie these days isnt? (thats a rhetorical question, not a challenge) ;)

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 00:20:30 »
Quote from: Rajagra;206407
You can't manipulate me that way. I'm too old and grumpy, I'm immune to your nonsense!

hahahahahahahaha. I'm increasingly feeling that way about most things these days ;)

Well, airbenders aren't Shamylanylamamandntrololololol's invention.

thats "shyamalamadingdong"

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 00:27:54 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;206332
My favourite movie is "Ivanhoe" the 1952 version.
Show Image

Damn that was a good movie, I loved the ending battle scene: probably the best battle scene ever produced in a movie.

I know the above was an inane, irrelevant, and troll-inviting comment ("the best battle scene evah!!!"), but i'm going to make lemonade out of lemons. I've actually put this into my netflix queue, not because I would ever trust EIBM's view on anything in the universe, but because I happen to like cheesy old historical and literary movies.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 02:35:56 »
I read Ivanhoe and did some kind of paper on it, or a book report or something...  it was boring.  I've never seen the film, but I'll not turn the channel if I ever run across it on TV.

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 06:56:47 »
the deal is that he sucks. Can we close this thread now?
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 08:46:33 »
wait, i want to give every gh'er a chance to say how much shyamalamadingdong sucks

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 19:37:01 »
Well, I've already said it in more than one way, but I'll gladly say it again and again until the thread dies or my fingers stop moving... whichever come first.

Shackalamadiggidingaling sucks.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 20:53:22 »
this might be the least controversial thread on gh ever ;)

Offline gr1m

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 20:58:32 »
Quote from: wellington1869;206705
this might be the least controversial thread on gh ever ;)

Because nobody intelligent enough to be able to fill in the registration page likes Shamalamadingdong.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 20:59:12 »
Quote from: gr1m;206713
Because nobody intelligent enough to be able to fill in the registration page likes Shamalamadingdong.

hahahahaha

see, its great that we can all get behind something as one.

Offline washuai

• http://home.earthlink.net/~haruai/
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 22:14:19 »
I didn't even know this guy existed.  Although, I'll use this information to avoid future endeavors.  I liked The Sixth Sense and I liked Unbreakable.  
I didn't mind The Village or Signs, but I barely remember them.  I wish I hadn't watched The Happening.  I thought The Village & The Happening were crap remakes of other movies, rather than his original thing, though?
Hopefully I won't forget what this thread has taught me - I need to avoid Stuart Little & The Lady in the Water, because I might have watched those movies some day without warning.
⌨(home)Realforce 87U ⌨(backup) Filco Majestouch 104 Brown ⌨(backup)Cherry G80-8200LPDUS ⌨(work)Leopold FC200RT/AB
☛CST L-Trac-X ☛Logitech Wireless Optical Trackman ☛ Razer 3500 dpi ☛MS Explorer DeathAdder

Lay-a-bouts:  ⌨Full 109 Key Virtually Indestructable  Keyboard ⌨Compaq Radio Quack GYUR84SK
Wishlist: ⌨KBDmania Pure ⌨Déck 82 ice/frost/toxic/royal ⌨Ricercar spos G86-62410EUAGSA ☠ ✞⌨miniGuru(s) ☠
 ✐Intuos or Cintiq

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 23:38:43 »
Quote from: washuai;206728
I didn't even know this guy existed.  Although, I'll use this information to avoid future endeavors.  I liked The Sixth Sense and I liked Unbreakable.  
I didn't mind The Village or Signs, but I barely remember them.  I wish I hadn't watched The Happening.  I thought The Village & The Happening were crap remakes of other movies, rather than his original thing, though?
Hopefully I won't forget what this thread has taught me - I need to avoid Stuart Little & The Lady in the Water, because I might have watched those movies some day without warning.

hahahhahaha oh yea i totally forgot about "the happening"!

omg i didnt even see that but i remember all the reviews were like "lolwtf?!"

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 27 July 2010, 19:19:03 »

How did Stuart Little get involved in this?
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 27 July 2010, 22:44:47 »
The Happening?  Isn't that the one where there's all the fog and those aliens or monsters or whatever... and the people start offing themselves, and the fog clears a few moments later and the creatures have been defeated?

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 27 July 2010, 23:09:55 »
Quote from: Oqsy;206967
The Happening?  Isn't that the one where there's all the fog and those aliens or monsters or whatever... and the people start offing themselves, and the fog clears a few moments later and the creatures have been defeated?

lol, that sounds like a shyamalamadingdong movie alright ;)

Offline chimera15

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 27 July 2010, 23:19:14 »
Quote from: Oqsy;206967

No, that one actually wasn't so bad.  Not amazing, it probably could have been done a lot better.  Zooey Deschanel is in it, so that brings it up a little.  

That's the one where the trees are making people kill themselves.   It was actually very similar to the concept of great classic Miyazaki Ghibli anime/manga  Nausicaa, and the miasma, where the earth gets so full of toxins that the trees become lethal to people, although the people don't of course kill themselves in that, they just die from lung poisoning/infection/clogging, which is far more realistic, and it's an anime.  lol It's probably where he got the idea from though is my guess.

The one you're thinking of was The Mist by Stephen King, where they start killing each other in a supermarket, and at the end the main characters off each other in a car when they're lost, and it turns out that they were safe and all the aliens were dead.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 July 2010, 23:50:33 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:

Offline audioave10

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 27 July 2010, 23:52:38 »
He stole his name from Three Dog Night!

hl=en_US&fs=1">
hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">[/youtube]
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 00:13:04 »
trees causing lung "clogging"... yes, very realistic.

Maybe I'm thinking of "The Mist" or "The Fog" or "The Scary **** you Can't See Which Makes it Scarier and CHEAPER for the Film Studio to Make this Tired Pile of ****"

The Happening sounds equally horrid.  Shaddacaddarappadakalan should start writing exclusively for Sci Fi Channel original movies that only air after 2am.  That's the only place where his garbage is welcome.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 01:07:19 »
oh yea, didnt the 'happening' have some kind of flimsy environmental message?

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 02:50:27 »
Quote from: chimera15;206980
The one you're thinking of was The Mist by Stephen King, where they start killing each other in a supermarket, and at the end the main characters off each other in a car when they're lost, and it turns out that they were safe and all the aliens were dead.

I liked that film apart from the stupid suicide ending. Must be an American thing: "Oh no, we've run out of [strike]petrol[/strike] gas. Better kill ourselves."

P.S. Just caught The Mothman Prophecies on TV. That surely belongs in this thread, even though it wasn't completely awful.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 July 2010, 02:54:26 by Rajagra »

Offline chimera15

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 05:19:29 »
Quote from: Rajagra;207015
I liked that film apart from the stupid suicide ending. Must be an American thing: "Oh no, we've run out of [strike]petrol[/strike] gas. Better kill ourselves."

P.S. Just caught The Mothman Prophecies on TV. That surely belongs in this thread, even though it wasn't completely awful.

The Mothman Prophesy was based on a true story though which is what made it interesting.
Alps boards:

Offline British

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 06:21:31 »
I liked The Sixth Sense and I liked Unbreakable.  
I didn't mind The Village or Signs, but I barely remember them.

Same here, though I barely remember anything about Signs, I sure do remember the main character was a beautiful woman, daughter of Ron Howard IIRC (too lazy to check on IMDB).

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 07:17:42 »
Quote from: British;207059
Same here, though I barely remember anything about Signs, I sure do remember the main character was a beautiful woman, daughter of Ron Howard IIRC.

I'll let you have the "beautiful woman" comment because everyone's tastes are different, but I'm having a hard time believing that Mel Gibson is Ron Howard's daughter!
-

Offline British

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 08:00:02 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;207061
Show Image

I'll let you have the "beautiful woman" comment because everyone's tastes are different, but I'm having a hard time believing that Mel Gibson is Ron Howard's daughter!
Huhu, looks like I forgot the "of the Village", which is much better-looking.

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 July 2010, 08:02:44 by British »

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 08:22:33 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;207061
I'm having a hard time believing that Mel Gibson is Ron Howard's daughter!

It would explain his anger issues.