Author Topic: whats the deal with m.night shyamalan  (Read 13485 times)

Offline wellington1869

whats the deal with m.night shyamalan
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 11:31:54 »
Quote from: Rajagra;207015
I liked that film apart from the stupid suicide ending. Must be an American thing: "Oh no, we've run out of [strike]petrol[/strike] gas. Better kill ourselves."

P.S. Just caught The Mothman Prophecies on TV. That surely belongs in this thread, even though it wasn't completely awful.

lol yea i have mixed feelings about mothman. it was watchable, but at the same time, so silly!

my brother in law said the same thing about that Supermarket-Fog-with-Twist-Ending movie (ie, silly but watchable)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 14:25:55 »
Quote from: wellington1869;207089

my brother in law said the same thing about that Supermarket-Fog-with-Twist-Ending movie (ie, silly but watchable)

It was silly if you watched it for the special effects, not so much if you watched it for the (decidedly lord-of-the-flies-esque/social experiment type) story/themes and acting (casting in this film was great). Also, it's funny that the ending was Darabont's creation, as it is very true to King's style, and something I have found lacking from King adaptations on film (ala Cujo: book v. film). I won't elaborate for fear of further "SPOIL"ing.

Of course, forget all of that if we aren't talking about the same flick.
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 15:34:40 »
Quote from: instantkamera;207127
It was silly if you watched it for the special effects, not so much if you watched it for the (decidedly lord-of-the-flies-esque/social experiment type) story/themes and acting (casting in this film was great). Also, it's funny that the ending was Darabont's creation, as it is very true to King's style, and something I have found lacking from King adaptations on film (ala Cujo: book v. film). I won't elaborate for fear of further "SPOIL"ing.

Of course, forget all of that if we aren't talking about the same flick.

yea, he said it was interesting to watch. btw the fog movie's ending has already been spoiled in this thread above ;)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 28 July 2010, 17:37:03 »
Yeah, end of the world suicide historically is a very bad idea...
Unless you REALLY believe the end of the world prophecies, then by all means, go ahead and do the rest of us a favor and drink the kool-aid.  

Anyone here that has voluntarily had their sexual organs removed to prepare for the mothership's arrival (ie comet), this includes you.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."