Author Topic: [IC] KAT PBJ - (11/23/21) UPDATE: Samples ARRIVED!  (Read 38652 times)

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
Re: [IC] KAT PBJ - (10/25) Vendors, Collabs, Kitting Updates!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 17:35:04 »
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

I have finally graduated university - so I will have more time to work on things again!

Still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer regarding samples, communication seems to be pretty backed up so we've just been sitting on our hands for now. I will post as soon as we get some updates!

In the meantime, here are some photos of the colors I have selected! Did my best to take pics in different lighting, but my desk setup is pretty limited and they came out a bit washed out. Will try to take better pictures when samples come in!
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 December 2020, 17:51:01 by Lizcuits »

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 17:45:16 »
And of course the additional accent color lineups - Looking forward to receiving samples to share with you guys!

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 December 2020, 17:51:18 by Lizcuits »

Offline 3wisemonkeyfist

• Blacvelvetpengun
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 22:17:11 »
Excited for this set. Will probably get both strawberry and grape.

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 01:42:07 »
I absolutely love this set! Count me in on a Latin alpha kit, text mods, as well as Strawberry or Grape accents and matching cable.

Looks like only 4 people (me included) have responded to the switch poll! :( I voted brown housing for tactile, because crunchy peanut butter would have a "bump" if it were a switch. ;D

Would be awesome to see a Rama keycap for this set! Maybe with a bread, peanut, or knife logo? :p

Happy to hear you like the set! Currently still TBD on which switch will be which, but it seems like a lot of people have a similar opinion from instagram polls and IC form responses!

I am definitely going to be having a metal artisan keycap, but I don't think it will be RAMA... it's still TBD but I think you guys will be very excited about it if if and when I can share more info :)

Excited for this set. Will probably get both strawberry and grape.

Excellent choices!

Additionally, dropping a small note here -
It has been brought to my attention that QAZ support is lacking in the 40s/Ortho kits. This has been added to the to-do list and will be rectified for the GB. Much love to my small-keebed friends, thanks for pointing this out!

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 12:31:14 »
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently. Getting in touch with manu has been rather difficult recently thanks to the holidays and CNY.

Additionally, Keyreative has made a post regarding the future of KAT sets which goes over their new production methods, machines, and the possibility of double shot molding here: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/202101-kat

However, it's unclear if any of this will apply to KAT PBJ or affect it in any way. We're doing our best to understand what this means for PBJ, and I'll update here as soon as we get more information. I have high hopes, but for now we can't tell for sure until we hear back.

Thanks for your patience!

Offline Jyll

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 00:07:05 »
The new renders look great, and I cannot wait for this to run! Nothing is coming between me and these caps!

Offline Frayne

• For deskmat inquiries: illu_zn
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 05:30:10 »
^ Looking forward to these!

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 16:52:02 »
Absolutely love this set!:D

Offline WilsonWan

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 17:56:34 »
Nice set!

Will you have UK Vendor for this?

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 12:13:09 »
Nice set!

No UK vendor planned for PBJ unfortunately. If it's a huge help to UK folks I can look into it though!

Offline WilsonWan

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 11:09:59 »
Nice set!

No UK vendor planned for PBJ unfortunately. If it's a huge help to UK folks I can look into it though!

Would definitely be good if you can look into it as buying from EU are the same as importing anywhere else.

I recommending contacting Prototypist for UK vendor!
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 February 2021, 11:12:25 by WilsonWan »

Offline enomooshiki

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 00:41:27 »
LIZ, i can NOT wait for this to go into Group Buy

very well done!! appreciate all your effort and talent!

Offline eibbun

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 00:58:38 »
oh the grape and blackberry look so good 😋

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 16:59:17 »
Hey all, just popping in since I still believe "no updates" is better than no updates, so I'm here to tell you... no updates.
The last info we received was that samples were in progress but I don't even know what the samples are of, or if/when I will be receiving them, and that was an update as of several months ago with no further contact with the manu ever since.
I wish I had more info to give you guys, but for now I'm just stuck sitting on my hands really.

I look forward to the day I eventually get to share this set with you guys!

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
Re: [IC] KAT PBJ - (9/9/21) First look at samples!
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 11:08:00 »
We finally got pics of the samples! After a long and arduous YEAR since IC dropped, we finally got our first proof of life for PBJ.

While I have not received these in person yet, I wanted to share the photo I received with you all.
Keep in mind these may look completely different in person, so we will have to wait until I have them on hand to check the colors for accuracy and to see if they fit well together. I'll be showing them off on my twitch channel and will post a link here when I receive them. This is a photo I received directly from Keyreative and I did not modify or edit it in any way.

Colors aside, the novelties came out amazing and I'm so happy they were able to recreate them so vibrantly and cleanly. I was worried they'd come out dull or too small, but these look amazing.

Lastly, now that I know the set will actually be made... I will be updating the kitting soon! Stay tuned!

At long last! Rejoice!
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 September 2021, 11:33:53 by Lizcuits »

Offline atlantiasekai

Re: [IC] KAT PBJ - (9/9/21) UPDATE: First look at samples!
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 21:36:35 »
Wow they look amazing!

Offline FinBear

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 10:43:31 »
Looks great so another must have set  :)

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 12:01:42 »
In another update for the slow but steady march towards Group Buy some day eventually, I have received another photo of the completed samples and they are finally en route to me! I have provided Keyreative with my address, so hopefully some time soon I'll be able to check out the samples in person.
I'll be looking over these samples on stream when they arrive!

Offline andromache

Re: [IC] KAT PBJ - (11/23/21) UPDATE: Samples en route!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 15:01:57 »
Will wait as long as it takes. Can't wait to see samples unboxed on stream!!!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 15:34:39 »
In another update for the slow but steady march towards Group Buy some day eventually, I have received another photo of the completed samples and they are finally en route to me! I have provided Keyreative with my address, so hopefully some time soon I'll be able to check out the samples in person.
I'll be looking over these samples on stream when they arrive!
Show Image

yay ... fantastic news
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 19:43:01 »
Oooh, I’m glad to see this set moving! I love the idea of a modular set, and was worried this was on perma hiatus. Big fan of the novelties and red accents. The milk, jars and toasts are the best :thumb:

If I had any complaints, I guess it’d be the lack of 1.5u novelties across kits? I don’t have any 1.25u keys so it would be a shame that I can’t use all my favourite novelties on 1.5u keys... likely too late to update kits now though so I’ll cope. But there are quite a few 65s and Alices which have 3-4 1.5u keys on the bottom row and don’t use 1.25u also? Just my two cents.

The samples look good so far. The line colour of the grape/base novelties seems darker than intended, but I kinda struggle to see pastels (F tier vision) so I love them hahha. Hope they reach you soon so you can make the changes you’d like!
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 21:32:15 »
Oooh, I’m glad to see this set moving! I love the idea of a modular set, and was worried this was on perma hiatus. Big fan of the novelties and red accents. The milk, jars and toasts are the best :thumb:

If I had any complaints, I guess it’d be the lack of 1.5u novelties across kits? I don’t have any 1.25u keys so it would be a shame that I can’t use all my favourite novelties on 1.5u keys... likely too late to update kits now though so I’ll cope. But there are quite a few 65s and Alices which have 3-4 1.5u keys on the bottom row and don’t use 1.25u also? Just my two cents.

The samples look good so far. The line colour of the grape/base novelties seems darker than intended, but I kinda struggle to see pastels (F tier vision) so I love them hahha. Hope they reach you soon so you can make the changes you’d like!

Not 100% sure I understand what you're referring to - there are two 1.5u novelties in each Accent kit / novelty kit! Let me know if that's not what you meant as I'm not super sure I am following. Did you just want more 1.5us in total?

As for kitting changes, please rest assured I will be updating the kitting to be a bit more palatable for GB. None of the kit information has been confirmed as of yet so I'll definitely be working on some updates for it!
That being said, it'll likely be done in AI files rather than renders as I simply don't have the time to format out and render a few dozen kits these days.

Color changes may also happen once I receive samples - I'll talk about them on stream!

The samples are expected to arrive early next week, so I'll probably be going over them soon!

Thanks for your feedback and interest :)

Offline Michabc

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 27 November 2021, 12:42:58 »
Can we request a last minute ‘pindakaas met hagelslag’ addition?

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 16:39:51 »
Samples have arrived!

A few notes:

- They didn't send me a cap for the alphas (bread) color, but they did match it on the text and novelties. it looks pretty good from what I can tell but I will be asking for a sample just to be safe

- They also didn't send any samples of the Honey accent color. I'll be asking for this as well

- the Grape color is matched well but not what I was hoping for. It's overall too pastel and doesn't fit well. I'll be choosing a new color and requesting this new sample with the others

- Overall they came out amazing! I love all of the other colors so far and I don't think we'll need to change any of the others. The novelty placement needs work but they didn't have any guidance in that regard yet so this should be fixed for the future.

Let me know what you think! I posted a video of the samples in my Discord and on my Instagram story (saved in PBJ Highlight) if you'd like to see that. I'll also be going over the samples on my Twitch channel or on my Discord voice chat (not sure which yet). I'll post which and when on my Discord, so join if you'd like the quickest updates!
Get excited! Next up is kitting updates!

Offline Michabc

Re: [IC] KAT PBJ - (11/23/21) UPDATE: Samples ARRIVED!
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 02:49:33 »
Looking very tasty - it seems keyreatives dye-sub quality is getting better with every set

Offline salgiza

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 15:55:45 »
Ok, this might be a very silly question but: I joined the Discord and, in order to access the channels, I’m supposed to react to the message with the rules… but I can’t react to the message? (When I tap on the thumbs up emoji, the number goes up and down again as if reacting to the message was disabled).

Is it broken, or did I fail the “I’m not a robot” test?
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 15:57:41 by salgiza »

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 10:56:20 »
Ok, this might be a very silly question but: I joined the Discord and, in order to access the channels, I’m supposed to react to the message with the rules… but I can’t react to the message? (When I tap on the thumbs up emoji, the number goes up and down again as if reacting to the message was disabled).

Is it broken, or did I fail the “I’m not a robot” test?

I think I've added you manually now! The bot must have been having trouble.