geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Glove80: The End Result of 500+ A/B Testing Experiments

<< < (4/4)

OddField:

--- Quote from: macroxue on Wed, 12 January 2022, 00:46:34 ---The keyboard is well designed for ergonomics and looks stylish. Congratulations!

I noticed that it got some sharp edges. Is it easy to make them more rounded? I came across this video by Jan Lunge and was impressed by the smooth finish of the Dactyl. What do you think?

--- End quote ---

I think there are many styles that can look good. What is important is the ergonomics; and I can say we have done the very best we can.

In terms of style, we choose a minimalistic style for a number of reasons
1. A minimalistic style has a bigger chance of being timeless. We expect our keyboard to last a long time, so we want something that has a chance of not looking dated in 10/15 years.
2. It helps to keep the keyboard small. We want the keyboard to be as travel-friendly as possible. it is one of our unmet needs to bring the best ergonomics with us on the road. A minimalistic styling gives us an excuse to eliminate every design element that is not functionally essential.

I get it is not everyone's cup of tea to be minimalistic, but hope this helps you understand the rationale :D

Also the Kickstarter is happening on 25 Jan. Please visit www.moergo.com/?utm_source=gh for more info.

granola bar enthusiast:
this is really fascinating, i don't think i will ever in my life put in the effort or time to try to learn a board like this but i like the design a lot

OddField:
https://kbd.news/Glove80-Rethinking-split-contoured-ergonomic-keyboard-1796.html

A deep-dive article which goes deep into the key ergonomic decisions and how we tested the ergonomics.

OddField:
Xah Lee's review - first Youtube review
Youtube: t=9s
Textual: http://xahlee.info/kbd/glove80_keyboard.html

"Conclusion (so far)
I think it's excellent. EXCELLENT, is the word.

Here's the better parts:
Superb physical design. Light weight and elegant. Not huge, not bulky.
Superb thumb keys design.
Superb programability xtodo detail.
Contoured surface.
Nice fullsized function keys F1 F2 etc. Most ergo keyboards omit them."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version