Author Topic: [IC] PBT Little Panda 🐼🐾 [Updated Kitting]  (Read 10686 times)

Offline key_nes

[IC] PBT Little Panda 🐼🐾 [Updated Kitting]
« on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 03:50:28 »

Hello, I'm excited to introduce this set, inspired by my love for pandas!

Please do fill in the 

Interest Check Form Link

if you are interested to buy.

PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM in the link below if you are interested to buy Little Panda

Interest Check Form Link

If you would like 40s and Norde kitting please fill in the form.
It will be included into the GB if there is interest

TBD

TBD

Socials:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/key_nes/

Vendors:
US:
Canada:
UK:
Europe:
Oceania:
CN:
SEA:

Updates

5 Mar - Removed Zhuyin Base kit

« Last Edit: Sun, 19 November 2023, 06:37:02 by key_nes »

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
Re: [IC] ePBT Little Panda 🐼🐾
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 04:06:36 »
renders are weird. what's up with the green moss(?)

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 08:04:21 »
If you are in this thread looking for a cute panda set consider GMK panda, in GB right now.

Offline Ravenhar

• Merely an observer
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 08:26:24 »
I'm actually pretty happy waiting for this. Will probably still get it in my hands faster than GMK panda tbf. This is pretty nice too, and the price tag with ePBT will be a lot nicer

Offline Jesher

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 08:38:15 »
Instead of bamboo on the novelties maybe some cute pandas or something else would be better?

Offline summerqm

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 10:30:37 »
Curious of the reason behind choosing zhuyin sublegend vs. cangjie... personally I think cangjie is better fitted for this theme.

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 11:49:09 »
whats the pattern that the mash of colours the set is trying to convey?

Offline Banned

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 18:42:27 »
When the GMK Panda

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 20:28:34 »
This set has a couple issues with kitting and cohesion.

Latin Base:
- There are two 1.75u shifts; I assume the one on the bottom left is supposed to be 2u
- 1.75u shift on the bottom left has its legend compressed
Zhuyin Base:
- Why are the 26 "letter keys" monolegend Zhuyin while the other alphas have ANSI keys with Zhuyin subs?
- 7 key is missing its sublegend
- 2u shift has its legend stretched
Both Bases:
- Full touch Caps Lock is white while stepped Caps Lock is black
- 1.5u shift has a compressed legend
- No thematic F13 F-row support
- Rightmost 1.25u Super is white while the equivalent change isn't reflected in the Tsangan bottom row
- The white Print/Scroll/Pause keys make 1800 Nav cluster configurations an incoherent mess
Spacebar:
- For some reason the thematic F13 support is here
- There's an extra F13 key
- No 1u, 1.25u, or 6u spacebars
- The spacebar colouring doesn't make much sense
Numpad:
- There are random white keys here - I understand why there are white keys in base, but here it just seems messy
- No R1 Pg Dn for 1800 support
Camo Novelty:
- ISO enter novelties are in the wrong row
- Appears to be near-deliberate removal of a full brown column

Also an issue with the first render:
- The very first render is in UK-ISO despite UK not being anywhere in the set
- The ISO key to the left of Z is black as opposed to the white one in both Base kits

Are you trying to cashgrab or are you genuinely clueless? The only genuine reason I see this is ePBT is because of your mention in (the now late) KDD about how you didn't want Numpad in Base.

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 21:18:13 »
I would put this on hold, gmk panda is literally in gb rn

Offline Shoobs

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 23:31:34 »
what in tarnation

Offline 7h3of7

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 23:32:20 »
What am I looking at...
Current Board: OTD 356 Mini v1 Black

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 23:32:45 »
perfect in time for halloween.

this is scary. please. this isnt it.
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline 7h3of7

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 23:33:27 »
Also we can see the part of nemui thats supposed to be hidden by grass in the initial render.
Current Board: OTD 356 Mini v1 Black

Offline key_nes

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 03:24:50 »
This set has a couple issues with kitting and cohesion.

Latin Base:
- There are two 1.75u shifts; I assume the one on the bottom left is supposed to be 2u
- 1.75u shift on the bottom left has its legend compressed
Zhuyin Base:
- Why are the 26 "letter keys" monolegend Zhuyin while the other alphas have ANSI keys with Zhuyin subs?
- 7 key is missing its sublegend
- 2u shift has its legend stretched
Both Bases:
- Full touch Caps Lock is white while stepped Caps Lock is black
- 1.5u shift has a compressed legend
- No thematic F13 F-row support
- Rightmost 1.25u Super is white while the equivalent change isn't reflected in the Tsangan bottom row
- The white Print/Scroll/Pause keys make 1800 Nav cluster configurations an incoherent mess
Spacebar:
- For some reason the thematic F13 support is here
- There's an extra F13 key
- No 1u, 1.25u, or 6u spacebars
- The spacebar colouring doesn't make much sense
Numpad:
- There are random white keys here - I understand why there are white keys in base, but here it just seems messy
- No R1 Pg Dn for 1800 support
Camo Novelty:
- ISO enter novelties are in the wrong row
- Appears to be near-deliberate removal of a full brown column

Also an issue with the first render:
- The very first render is in UK-ISO despite UK not being anywhere in the set
- The ISO key to the left of Z is black as opposed to the white one in both Base kits

Are you trying to cashgrab or are you genuinely clueless? The only genuine reason I see this is ePBT is because of your mention in (the now late) KDD about how you didn't want Numpad in Base.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Will incorporate these feedback into the final kitting if there is sufficient interest in the set to reach the GB stage. The kitting is complex to have the ideal design to the panda shape. :)

Offline key_nes

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 03:27:08 »
Also we can see the part of nemui thats supposed to be hidden by grass in the initial render.

Hello, was trying to create a camo look :)

Offline key_nes

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 03:28:51 »
Instead of bamboo on the novelties maybe some cute pandas or something else would be better?

thanks for the feedback, I am considering adding another novelties kit for a different look. Do keep the feedback coming, for those who are interested pls do follow me on IG as I usually try to get votes on designs during the IC.

Offline key_nes

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 03:30:45 »
I would put this on hold, gmk panda is literally in gb rn

That's very true, IC stage usually takes awhile and takes time to gather feedback and amend the designs before the GB stage.

Offline key_nes

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 03:56:44 »
Curious of the reason behind choosing zhuyin sublegend vs. cangjie... personally I think cangjie is better fitted for this theme.

Hi there, i'm actually very interested to hear you pov, perhaps you could share. I was at two minds on deciding between both sublegends and decided to post one option for IC feedback ^^.

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 16:40:03 »
I think this idea of the panda face design (reminds me of the pandas in Minecraft lol) is really cute and makes it different from other panda themed sets :) I agree with some of the other comments that the novelties could use some work. I just think the brownish-green colour doesn't fit in with the cute panda design :( GLWIC!

Offline summerqm

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 21:02:06 »
Hi there, i'm actually very interested to hear you pov, perhaps you could share. I was at two minds on deciding between both sublegends and decided to post one option for IC feedback ^^.

While both zhuyin and cangjie are used for inputting Chinese characters, zhuyin is primarily used in Taiwan. But pandas are not originated from Taiwan.
Pandas are from mainland China (specifically, Sichuan province), where pinyin is the most popular Chinese inputting system, followed by wubi. Cangjie is very niche and considered "hard to use" for the purpose of entering Chinese.
Personally, if I have to pick between the two, cangjie sublegend at least are made of Chinese characters which feels closer than zhuyin (which are closer to symbols than actual Chinese characters).

Alternatively, if the desire is to go with non-sense alphas -- as I don't think those who buy the cangjie legends will actually try to look at the keyboard when they type -- then you could go with the character "竹" (which means "bamboo") for all alpha keys -- this will also match your all bamboo novelties.

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 05:29:12 »
this hurts me. no comment, brain goes smooooooooth

Offline syntx

• I must be dreaming
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 07:24:44 »
The idea with your colors is interesting. However, there are things that I do not understand:

-Two F13-Keys (Base and Spacebar Kit)
-Color scheme (I associate it more with an "ePBT zebra", rather than pandas. This looks like the colors have been arranged randomly.)
-Novelties look monotonous
-The moss in the renders looks quite funny (Not realistic)
-I would advise you to add the key sizes to your kitting renders (1u, 1.25u etc.)

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 03:10:15 »
It looks very odd but GLWIC

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 10:13:15 »
Monotone Greg?

Offline key_nes

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 07:31:45 »

While both zhuyin and cangjie are used for inputting Chinese characters, zhuyin is primarily used in Taiwan. But pandas are not originated from Taiwan.
Pandas are from mainland China (specifically, Sichuan province), where pinyin is the most popular Chinese inputting system, followed by wubi. Cangjie is very niche and considered "hard to use" for the purpose of entering Chinese.
Personally, if I have to pick between the two, cangjie sublegend at least are made of Chinese characters which feels closer than zhuyin (which are closer to symbols than actual Chinese characters).

Alternatively, if the desire is to go with non-sense alphas -- as I don't think those who buy the cangjie legends will actually try to look at the keyboard when they type -- then you could go with the character "竹" (which means "bamboo") for all alpha keys -- this will also match your all bamboo novelties.

Thanks for sharing, i do think it's an interesting perspective, I never thought of it that way. Will definitely think about it. Depends on the interest during IC as well.

Offline key_nes

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 07:32:43 »
Monotone Greg?

its a panda ^o^ or I was hoping it would be.

Offline key_nes

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 07:33:56 »
I think this idea of the panda face design (reminds me of the pandas in Minecraft lol) is really cute and makes it different from other panda themed sets :) I agree with some of the other comments that the novelties could use some work. I just think the brownish-green colour doesn't fit in with the cute panda design :( GLWIC!

Yeah! mindcraft! thanks 💛💛

Offline Ghostly

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 27 December 2022, 13:33:26 »
Any updates on this? what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline key_nes

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 02:05:58 »
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a vendor to manufacture little panda as there are huge queues for GMK and ebpt. Apologies, haven't had time to work on the novelties update.

Offline bordboards

Re: [IC] PBT Little Panda 🐼🐾 [Updated Kitting]
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 21:29:26 »
Interesting concept. looking to see where it goes