geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] Lunar II - Complete; awaiting extras sale

<< < (4/4)

Morbii:
Beautiful board, sad I couldn't get in on this.

0junk:

--- Quote from: ai03 on Sun, 20 August 2023, 02:47:33 ---Sorry for the long span without an update - things are finally wrapping up production after some delays.

While QCing and packing the units, Kevinplus discovered that too many silver units were having anodizing consistency/surface grain issues; to fix this, several silver cases are undergoing reanodizing.
The expected ETA is around a few weeks, but I'll report back if there's any further specific date.

Due to challenges such as batch international shipping, all units will ship at the same time rather than the grey/beige units shipping alone first.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update!

dorkvader:
I received mine today and wow it's great. Just need to finish waxboiling the switches and I'll build it.

I see there's a SN74VC1G74 flip flop driving an IC I was not able to identify (which must take the Q output of the flip flop and route it to either solenoid). These together with MOSFETs Q1 and Q2 drive the solenoids.

Edit: got it built and typing on it now.
Edit2: the solenoids seem to be implemented in the firmware using haptic keycodes which is what I see in the QMK docs, unfortunately these don't seem to be recognized in via, so if someone like me accidentally overwrote these on the function layer, they can no longer control the solenoids without resetting the keyboard

ai03:

--- Quote from: dorkvader on Tue, 31 October 2023, 13:57:24 ---I see there's a SN74VC1G74 flip flop driving an IC I was not able to identify (which must take the Q output of the flip flop and route it to either solenoid). These together with MOSFETs Q1 and Q2 drive the solenoids.

--- End quote ---
Yep - the circuit converts the single haptic output from the MCU into a round-robin output between the two solenoids.
The diagram looks something like this:

--- Quote from: dorkvader on Tue, 31 October 2023, 13:57:24 ---Edit2: the solenoids seem to be implemented in the firmware using haptic keycodes which is what I see in the QMK docs, unfortunately these don't seem to be recognized in via, so if someone like me accidentally overwrote these on the function layer, they can no longer control the solenoids without resetting the keyboard

--- End quote ---

I've been struggling with this as well - at the time that I designed the PCB, the haptic keycodes worked fine by punching it into the Via "any" keycode field; with recent changes it seems to no longer be the case.
The best bet for now might be using QMK Configurator and flashing the compiled firmware output.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version